Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

As a person who actually watched that game let me tell how those stats lie

1) Sankey would get the ball break a tackle before he gets the hole then if he got to the hole he would get tackled immediately because of lineman not holding their blocks. The one time that didn't happen he had a good gain

2) Cobb didn't go against the starters

On a side note, Whiz already said he won't be using a bell cow and admitted that Sankey was a victim of some bad blocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

As a person who actually watched that game let me tell how those stats lie

On a side note, Whiz already said he won't be using a bell cow and admitted that Sankey was a victim of some bad blocking

This didn't come up much last year, but how are Sankey's hands? I know Cobb is supposed to be a solid passing-down back but I don't know much about how Sankey fares in that area. With potentially a decent quarterback at play, it seems pertinent.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
So now that Chris Johnson has officially signed with Arizona -
I snagged him in the 2nd to last round, before the signing, thinking "Hey, always a chance the old man goes off" but it's sounding like he's not even gonna get 100 touches no matter what and that AZ is going to be a RBBC fuckfest. My other RBs:
Jamaal Charles
Lamar Miller
TJ Yeldon
Isaiah Crowell (also wondering a lot about this guy)
Knile Davis

My current WRs:
Julio Jones
Brandin Cooks
Brandon Marshall
Allen Robinson
Charles Johnson

Do I drop CJ?K and add, maybe Brashad Perriman, who's available? Also available are Brian Quick, McFadden, Davante Parker, and basically no one else worth adding that I can see.
Or do I hang on and who knows, Bruce Arians loves him and he has a weirdly decent, usable season?
There's a chance he has a passable first game or something and I package him as part of a trade for an actual consistent player but then that could apply to anyone.

This is 12-team, standard scoring.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He didn't get many opportunities to show his hands off but I don't recall him having a problem catching the ball

Fun fact: 61 out of 152 carries* resulted in Sankey getting 3+ yards after contact

*152 was Sankey's total workload last season

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
alternatively, don't bother looking for value in the Tennessee offense this year

also sankey is not good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

He didn't get many opportunities to show his hands off but I don't recall him having a problem catching the ball

Fun fact: 61 out of 152 carries* resulted in Sankey getting 3+ yards after contact

*152 was Sankey's total workload last season

Edit: PFF defaulted to 2014 preseason
2.5 yards after contact for Sankey. Same as C.J. Anderson :monocle:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 18, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
drat it. Now I'm actually giving consideration to trading for Sankey. Look what you've done!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pancakes by Mail posted:

So now that Chris Johnson has officially signed with Arizona -
I snagged him in the 2nd to last round, before the signing, thinking "Hey, always a chance the old man goes off" but it's sounding like he's not even gonna get 100 touches no matter what and that AZ is going to be a RBBC fuckfest. My other RBs:
Jamaal Charles
Lamar Miller
TJ Yeldon
Isaiah Crowell (also wondering a lot about this guy)
Knile Davis

My current WRs:
Julio Jones
Brandin Cooks
Brandon Marshall
Allen Robinson
Charles Johnson

Do I drop CJ?K and add, maybe Brashad Perriman, who's available? Also available are Brian Quick, McFadden, Davante Parker, and basically no one else worth adding that I can see.
Or do I hang on and who knows, Bruce Arians loves him and he has a weirdly decent, usable season?
There's a chance he has a passable first game or something and I package him as part of a trade for an actual consistent player but then that could apply to anyone.

This is 12-team, standard scoring.

Perriman is an unknown and dealing with some kind of knee sprain/swelling.
Quick is relevant in PPR, standard not so much.
McFadden is garbage and should be avoided at all costs on any team in any situation ever.
Parker seems to me like another PPR guy.

Arians is saying CJ?k isn't even guaranteed a roster spot, but at the same time said he can grab the #1 spot if he plays well.

Personally, I think it comes down to do you hold on to CJ?k or Crowell in the long run. But I don't really like to drop anyone before the season starts unless its some kind of season ending injury in camp or the final preseason game.

I honestly think I want Crow more than CJ?k because he's a bowling ball, but it's another RBBC hellhole in CLE too. But at the same time, CJ is in a better offense.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

LmaoTheKid posted:

Perriman is an unknown and dealing with some kind of knee sprain/swelling.
Quick is relevant in PPR, standard not so much.
McFadden is garbage and should be avoided at all costs on any team in any situation ever.
Parker seems to me like another PPR guy.

Arians is saying CJ?k isn't even guaranteed a roster spot, but at the same time said he can grab the #1 spot if he plays well.

Personally, I think it comes down to do you hold on to CJ?k or Crowell in the long run. But I don't really like to drop anyone before the season starts unless its some kind of season ending injury in camp or the final preseason game.

I honestly think I want Crow more than CJ?k because he's a bowling ball, but it's another RBBC hellhole in CLE too. But at the same time, CJ is in a better offense.

In lieu of Perriman, he could also grab Kamar Aiken (assuming he's available) - aren't both Aiken and Perriman the sort of tall receivers Trestman likes to pepper with targets, especially red zone targets?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I just think we are past the point where CJ2K is starter-quality at any point in the year. A late round pick is much better spent on an unknown player with a high ceiling. By week 3, there will be a a better option than him on waivers anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Amergin posted:

In lieu of Perriman, he could also grab Kamar Aiken (assuming he's available) - aren't both Aiken and Perriman the sort of tall receivers Trestman likes to pepper with targets, especially red zone targets?

I honestly have no idea. I know a lot of people are big on BP but personally the only parts of that offense I'd want at this point are Flacco as part of a late round platoon and Forsett tbh.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MrSargent posted:

I just think we are past the point where CJ2K is starter-quality at any point in the year. A late round pick is much better spent on an unknown player with a high ceiling. By week 3, there will be a a better option than him on waivers anyway.

I don't disagree with this per se, but look at how long McGahee and Blount stayed fantasy relevant. Sometimes these "irrelevant old fart joke RB goes to ridiculous team" situations actually work out.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Franks Happy Place posted:

I don't disagree with this per se, but look at how long McGahee and Blount stayed fantasy relevant. Sometimes these "irrelevant old fart joke RB goes to ridiculous team" situations actually work out.

I don't know much about McGahee but I feel like Blount is a VERY different runner than CJ2K. Blount can still pound the ball between the tackles and pick up good chunks of yardage after contact. After CJ lost his insane speed, he just can't gash defenses like he used to and goes down as soon as someone touches him.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MrSargent posted:

I don't know much about McGahee but I feel like Blount is a VERY different runner than CJ2K. Blount can still pound the ball between the tackles and pick up good chunks of yardage after contact. After CJ lost his insane speed, he just can't gash defenses like he used to and goes down as soon as someone touches him.

He didn't look slower with the Jets. His speed and agility haven't been the issue, it's been a) lovely offensive lines and b) having bad vision and not being willing to hit the hole hard.

Since Ellington is also guilty of B, I am watching CJ and the Arizona situation with interest. He absolutely could win that job.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Shady went down in practice today.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I love this time of the season. i gaze lovingly upon my team for hours on end with fond, romantic notions of a promising future.

Then the season starts, she gains 40 pounds and by week 4 we are going to bed angry and in separate beds.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How the hell do you enter offline draft results in under Yahoo? I can only find how to enter keepers, but we don't do keepers

EDIT: Got it, draft was listed as an online draft

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Suave Fedora posted:

I love this time of the season. i gaze lovingly upon my team for hours on end with fond, romantic notions of a promising future.

Then the season starts, she gains 40 pounds and by week 4 we are going to bed angry and in separate beds.

I'm just empty quoting

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

And then one year you manage to make it to the finals and in your excitement, before it's even started, you say "I've got this in the bag, might as well buy myself a championship so it'll be ready for the big game". A few weeks later your team goes on to lose like 186.55 to 89.40 and you realize what a terrible mistake you've made because the ring cost $500 and second place only pays out like $50.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Sablich brothers clearly been reading our expert opinions.

Their undervalued RBs: Miller, Spiller, Abdullah, Ivory, Woodhead, Bush, Cobb (we've been all over pretty much all of these guys for weeks save Bush)
Overvalued: Forte, Gordon, McFadden, Hyde, Joique, Crowell (yep, yep, yep, yep, most definitely, and probably)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shady has a hurt hammy. The RB clulsterfuck gets a lot fuckier.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Sablich brothers clearly been reading our expert opinions.

Their undervalued RBs: Miller, Spiller, Abdullah, Ivory, Woodhead, Bush, Cobb (we've been all over pretty much all of these guys for weeks save Bush)
Overvalued: Forte, Gordon, McFadden, Hyde, Joique, Crowell (yep, yep, yep, yep, most definitely, and probably)

Abdullah is gonna be drafted in the second round by nerds by the time drafts are over, he's so "undervalued" among hype HYPE HYPE MEGAHYPE "sleepers".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weekly font posted:

So how many legit RB1s are left? 6?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

So how many legit RB1s are left? 6?

Charles Sims
Ameer Abdullah
Bishop Sankey
Joseph Randle
Tre Mason
Alfred Blue

Checks out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Charles Sims
Ameer Abdullah
Bishop Sankey
Joseph Randle
Tre Mason
Alfred Blue

Checks out.

All aboard the Sankey Steamer!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

All aboard the Sankey Steamer!

This but unironically

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

not fuckin drafting sankey again this year, no no no

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Varg posted:

Sankey was perfectly serviceable last season :colbert: provided you picked him up off the wire

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

he's bad, titans are bad, don't draft any of them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Varg posted:

I took Sankey in the third in the slow draft last June.

:eyepop:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Varg posted:

he's bad, titans are bad, don't draft any of them

No. Yes. No.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Titans are bad. I like Sankey but the only way he will be fantasy relevant are if one of the following happens

- offensive line improves at run blocking. First preseason game makes me doubt this
- Mariota's rushing ability opens up running lanes like rg3 did for Alfred Morris. I actually think this could happen, which is why I'm fine with owning a few Sankey shares.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

weekly font posted:

Shame, so many bad drafters just got saved from making the horrible mistake of picking him in the first.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Decided to keep Randle after having my testicle size called into question. Now I get to cringe when McFadden takes first team reps. Feels good man.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

At this point it's safe to drop Percy Harvin even if it's for a guy like Kenny Britt right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ty1990 posted:

At this point it's safe to drop Percy Harvin even if it's for a guy like Kenny Britt right?

Yeah. Percy Harvin is the WR equivalent of Kyle Rudolph's "This is the year he blows up!" hopes and dreams that never pan out.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

ZIGfried posted:

Decided to keep Randle after having my testicle size called into question. Now I get to cringe when McFadden takes first team reps. Feels good man.

Don't worry, McFadden will be hurt by the end of week 2.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Isn't Randle hurt too?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Got a keeper q, 2QB league with 0.5ppr, 3wr, 2rb and a flex.

My first keeper will be A.Rodgers, because he is good enough to give up a 8th overall in a 2QB league, even w 5pt pass TDs.

Second keeper: K.Benjamin for a 9th? Or D.Hopkins for a 12th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hopkins. He'll likely be the better receiver and it's a toss up at worst. Take the 3 round value.

• Locked thread