Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

:captainpop: Is that one of the PvP-only skills?

Yeah, Glory Slash. It's a cone knockback that also does damage and removes a buff from each target. Also, unlike overpower, it doesn't require a target. Paladins have exclusive access to it.

Although knocking people off cliffs is fun, my favorite use for it is to knock a healer backwards into my murder squad.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

That poo poo leads to a lot of hurt feelings and "more importantly", lost subscription revenue.

This is the biggest thing. Have they released numbers on the active accounts with the Heavensward release? Earlier this year was around 1 million from every SE MMO.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Wonder what they did with rmt. Because I have gotten 5 whispers since the expansion came out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Holyshoot posted:

Wonder what they did with rmt. Because I have gotten 5 whispers since the expansion came out.

Restricting what trial accounts can do, like preventing them from being able to send friend requests is probably part of it

Also you're probably spending more time in HW Zones and that requires a 50 and a story clear

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

just won a seal rock with eight paladins and only one healer, what a headache

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

They released an expansion and you are (presumably) on a fairly populated server.

So you know how it was relatively manageable to make new characters even on high-pop servers back during the pre-expansion boredom lull, but since Heavensward it's tough to make them even if you get up super early in the morning? Granted, we're gradually settling down into pre-patch lull now, but pop overall is still much higher than it was before 3.0.

That means RMT can't rampantly make swarms of new characters either.

They'll still make some, sure. And they can still make them on low-pop servers and pay their $18 to transfer them a few days later if they really want to. And they can still hack accounts of stupid people thinking authenticators aren't worth it, or con other stupid people with promises of leveling their characters for them. So it's not like they won't have any characters to spam with.

But the simple fact that they can't make a new character to spam with, at any time they please, does wonders for the rest of us not having to deal with their spam.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
There's also been the Mogstation changes, which boiled down to "poor security was allowing gilsellers to buy accounts without actually purchasing a copy anywhere". Having to actually buy copies through some other service has slowed things down, as well.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Just because a huge amount of white knights roam this forum does that by default mean you guys are right? I can right now get 45 people from my server that feels exactly the same to reply if I really ask them nicely? What will that prove? Will it still be that im assuming im intentionally insulting someone for beeing casual? There is a huge difference of just beeing a casual and a casual but thats for another discussion. Its still a handout you know this game gives handouts so why are you even lying to yourself and me about this part? Ofcourse its a disrespect since you are handing out stuff many players grinded for hard for free to another player base wich by default becomes a "casual" since for some strange reason if you check peoples replies we are all of a sudden hardcore and eliteist who wants this? Your hint doesnt work when you feel disrespected by SE and the Dev team when the player next to you gets the same stuff as you constantly for half the effort.
Its not the fault of the player next to you ofcourse but when the player next to you behaves and acts like they deserve it too thats when stuff is bad and you can clearly see how this handout mentality is accepted by people here. No you shouldnt get the relic for free. You want a relic get it like everyone else no handouts. Want an i200 weapon bad? Save your esoterics and get one want a shiny i200 relic grind it like everyone else no exceptions and thats how it really should have been. You are acting like I want everything in some horizontal progression. I'm asking the dev team to have one thing untouched is it really so hard to ask and demand? So ofcourse I see players as selfish in the replies here. Cause just because someone doesnt seem to have time and thinks they pay for a subscription they should have the same stuff as me and Yoshi P gladly serves it to everyone. So yes again it becomes a disrespect and treating players like this shows it colors eventually don't worry. You can get a huge player market to care about it too. How much you want to bet if you make a petitition online about this and start spreading the word you can get people to sign it? Nothing will happen though cause this is a business its all about money we already know this its just sad that its to the expence of the people who saved this game during the dark ages and the cost of its heart. I welcome you to FFXIV A WoW Communism Reborn 2.0 (still 2.0 since Heavensward is still a reskin) Where you pay for a subscription you get everything like the next guy just wait it out a few months.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't parse what that's even about.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
he's mad that ffxiv 1.0 isn't still around, and blames casuals for it

either that, or he's mad that esoteric weapons exist and there's no relic grind for them. blames the same reason.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dr Pepper posted:

I can't parse what that's even about.

The Unbearable Lightness of Beeing

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Technogeek posted:

Just because a huge amount of white knights roam this forum does that by default mean you guys are right? I can right now get 45 people from my server that feels exactly the same to reply if I really ask them nicely? What will that prove? Will it still be that im assuming im intentionally insulting someone for beeing casual? There is a huge difference of just beeing a casual and a casual but thats for another discussion. Its still a handout you know this game gives handouts so why are you even lying to yourself and me about this part? Ofcourse its a disrespect since you are handing out stuff many players grinded for hard for free to another player base wich by default becomes a "casual" since for some strange reason if you check peoples replies we are all of a sudden hardcore and eliteist who wants this? Your hint doesnt work when you feel disrespected by SE and the Dev team when the player next to you gets the same stuff as you constantly for half the effort.
Its not the fault of the player next to you ofcourse but when the player next to you behaves and acts like they deserve it too thats when stuff is bad and you can clearly see how this handout mentality is accepted by people here. No you shouldnt get the relic for free. You want a relic get it like everyone else no handouts. Want an i200 weapon bad? Save your esoterics and get one want a shiny i200 relic grind it like everyone else no exceptions and thats how it really should have been. You are acting like I want everything in some horizontal progression. I'm asking the dev team to have one thing untouched is it really so hard to ask and demand? So ofcourse I see players as selfish in the replies here. Cause just because someone doesnt seem to have time and thinks they pay for a subscription they should have the same stuff as me and Yoshi P gladly serves it to everyone. So yes again it becomes a disrespect and treating players like this shows it colors eventually don't worry. You can get a huge player market to care about it too. How much you want to bet if you make a petitition online about this and start spreading the word you can get people to sign it? Nothing will happen though cause this is a business its all about money we already know this its just sad that its to the expence of the people who saved this game during the dark ages and the cost of its heart. I welcome you to FFXIV A WoW Communism Reborn 2.0 (still 2.0 since Heavensward is still a reskin) Where you pay for a subscription you get everything like the next guy just wait it out a few months.

In WoW I can solo MC, hate me.

I did all of the 2.0 ex trials this weekend, that poo poo was fun. I never got past titan ex in 2.0 cause my group died and the fc I was in was super clique.

Hate me.

Wildstar is starting up f2p.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

When I take a screenshot, what folder does the pic get saved to?

sword_man.gif posted:

he's mad that ffxiv 1.0 isn't still around, and blames casuals for it

either that, or he's mad that esoteric weapons exist and there's no relic grind for them. blames the same reason.

Just tell them to play Wildstar if they want a "HARDCORE" MMO :v:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SirPhoebos posted:

my documents>my games>ff14>screenshots

This may vary.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SirPhoebos posted:

Whichever folder you have it set to save them to in the "System Configuration > Other Settings" options.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Dr Pepper's is the "right" answer, but the default is "Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\screenshots".

It's a good thing to be aware of that "Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" directory because your hotbars, gearsets, macros, and inventory sort order are also stored in there.

If you want to copy your information from one computer to another and for whatever reason can't use the built-in Backup Tool (like, say, if you're using Windows 10, and clicking Config brings you to a screen describing the various config options but with no way to change them or even leave the screen without killing the launcher), that's the directory you need to copy.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Holyshoot posted:

I still get one every 10 minutes or so on Cactaur. Are you in the expansion zones a lot? I've heard it's harder to find people to message there for some reason (I'm still working on pre-HW story quests)

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Technogeek posted:

Either source your quotes or consider not taking video games so seriously.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Xenoveritas posted:

Dr Pepper's is the "right" answer, but the default is "Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\screenshots".

:stare:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Frabba posted:

Either source your quotes or consider not taking video games so seriously.

If its technogeek he's quoting the offical forums because he also runs the ff14forums.txt twitter account

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
FFXIV A WoW Communism Reborn 2.0 is a great name for a game.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

bonds0097 posted:

FFXIV A WoW Communism Reborn 2.0 is a great name for a game.

The sad thing is, that's not the first time that person has referred to the game as "A Communism Reborn".

(The sadder thing is that I actually know this.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im 99% sure that just like most of the people that complain about WoW being to easy, this is a person that hasn't actually completed most of the games content. He just assumes that tedium=difficulty and if a person cant suffer as much as he does then he shouldn't be allowed to have the shinnies, even if the person is mechanically better at the game.

Just look at the people still playing wildstar, these aren't people that have any hope of completing the games content, they are just in the game because its tedious as gently caress and that makes them hardcore.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Presented without comment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mister Olympus posted:

Presented without comment

That's a lot of crit adlos.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
dragoon is supposed to be the easy class and im still pissed off about blood of the dragon mechanics ruining that

please give back my eight move rotation

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

DolphinCop posted:

dragoon is supposed to be the easy class and im still pissed off about blood of the dragon mechanics ruining that

please give back my eight move rotation

:agreed: i leveled it so i could have a lazy dps to play gdi

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I wanted more positionals I would've rolled Monk. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragoon is still really easy to get 90% out of. The remaining 10% was hard even in 2.x

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im 99% sure that just like most of the people that complain about WoW being to easy, this is a person that hasn't actually completed most of the games content.

I love this phenomenon. You can find any old post about "raids in this game are too easy", check their character page and oh whaddya know, never even beaten Titan HM, nevermind Turn 1.

I still like that guy from some 'big name' guild that tried FF14, never even made it to 45 but made a lot of posts on the OF about how lovely the 8-player raids (that he never saw) were so bad compared to glorious 24/40/whatever player raids.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
All the boss rooms are circles.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

RuanGacho posted:

If its technogeek he's quoting the offical forums because he also runs the ff14forums.txt twitter account

Ah, carry on then!

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

savageloot.jpg

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ugly John posted:

I still get one every 10 minutes or so on Cactaur. Are you in the expansion zones a lot? I've heard it's harder to find people to message there for some reason (I'm still working on pre-HW story quests)

IM on excalibur chilling in front of the fc house when not playing so that's probably it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Smart Car posted:

savageloot.jpg

The gently caress? Is this from Lootmaster or an all-greed roll or something?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My group got their third Gordian Earrings of Healing last week. We only have two people with a geared healer at 60.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I was the only person in our group that had Ninja at 60.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Smart Car posted:

savageloot.jpg

How do you see a list like this?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

KoB posted:

How do you see a list like this?

Hit the gearset button, then right click on a gear set and select Display Set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ilifinicus posted:

Hit the gearset button, then right click on a gear set and select Display Set

How does a belt maim? That doesn't sound safe to wear at all.

• Locked thread