Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've waited thirty years for a real Mad Max game, good or not. Don't give a poo poo about 'buzz'. Witness me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Is the PC port locked to 30fps like Arkham Knight was? Also, a 660Ti is the minimum for the video card? That's the card I have and I don't have money to upgrade my video card or to buy a PS4. Maybe for Christmas but not before.

I guess I can play the game at 720p low settings but then the game would probably look :mediocre:.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

spasticColon posted:

Is the PC port locked to 30fps like Arkham Knight was? Also, a 660Ti is the minimum for the video card? That's the card I have and I don't have money to upgrade my video card or to buy a PS4. Maybe for Christmas but not before.

I guess I can play the game at 720p low settings but then the game would probably look :mediocre:.

I suspect the minimum and recommended specs are ludicrously overstated, kinda feel like that's happened with a bunch of games recently. Also Batman, which obviously completely shat the bed for a significant amount of people who should have met the requirements.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

spasticColon posted:

Is the PC port locked to 30fps like Arkham Knight was?

Given that it's made by a completely different developer, there's no reason to assume it would be!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

thebardyspoon posted:

I suspect the minimum and recommended specs are ludicrously overstated, kinda feel like that's happened with a bunch of games recently. Also Batman, which obviously completely shat the bed for a significant amount of people who should have met the requirements.

Batman suffered from Denuvo DRM and the outsourcing of the PC port. Avalanche has stated they're developing the PC port in house as the primary platform, and are outspoken about being against lovely intrusive DRM. This gives me some hope :unsmith:

Orv
May 4, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Let us fondly remember the absurd requirements for Shadow of Mordor, perhaps the best optimized PC game in recent years.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

Not that that's proof against this port, but that's also a WB game that wasn't handed off to some other assholes.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Like Capn Beeb said, it isn't a PC port. They are developing it in-house for the PC, then that is being developed further for the game consoles. Maybe this should go in the OP since it gets clarified every other page.

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 19, 2015

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Batman suffered from Denuvo DRM and the outsourcing of the PC port. Avalanche has stated they're developing the PC port in house as the primary platform, and are outspoken about being against lovely intrusive DRM. This gives me some hope :unsmith:

Is the PC version technically a "port" if it was the lead platform? That's funny how in the age of console market-share it's the common nomenclature.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As though that hasn't been lied about repeatedly before. Eh it'll probably be fine.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
WB don't own Avalanche, they're just publishing the game. And Avalanche has a good track record with PC performance.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Anti-Hero posted:

Is the PC version technically a "port" if it was the lead platform? That's funny how in the age of console market-share it's the common nomenclature.

Hmm, I suppose not. PC version is more apt :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Male Man posted:

Given that it's made by a completely different developer, there's no reason to assume it would be!
Also the PC version isn't even a port, it's been developed as main. This should really be in the OP.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 19, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
After some trepidation I bought the game because this is basically AutoAssault 2 but in a cooler world

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Welp, pre-ordered.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is GMG a good site to use in the off chance there some awful region locking nonsense with Steam?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

evil_bunnY posted:

Also the PC version isn't even a port, it's been developed as main. This should really be in the OP.

One would assume that in 2015 people would know the difference between developers and publishers, but I guess not.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Live stream:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/now-playing-mad-max/2300-6426597/

Much prettier than the Twitch one :swoon:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

And for people who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNticFzGjdY

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yessss. I just caught like the last minute and a half and I was so disappointed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They really should have cut out the 10 minutes of waiting on that video, but better quality than the pieces of the twitch stream.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Skip to the 20 min mark on the gamespot version to see the car customization options and then have them drive through a electrical storm. A nice tidbit the dev dropped is that the outskits/storm area is 100% randomly generated that will keep going until the player turns back or runs out of fuel and dies.

I wonder if SweetFx will be able to make the game look more like the movie?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What happens after 26:30 is pretty entertaining.

E: at 16:20 now, they cut the dead air at the beginning of the video out

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 20, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

KDdidit posted:

What happens after 26:30 is pretty entertaining.

loving wasted :supaburn:

Orv
May 4, 2011

BexGu posted:

In one of the rare instances of SweetFX not being atrociously ugly, it should be able to.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Around the 19:00 mark, Max starts his car and the nitro leaks from its mufflers and causes the ground to catch fire. I thought that was a really neat little graphical detail.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It looks like the customization is kind of like Luftrausers which is pretty cool.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Apparently Twitch did another stream, this time with IGN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9axj3WCdgw

Same mission from the video linked earlier today, but in high res and so much prettier

If the time stamp fucks up, jump to 3m 20s

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Everything about these streams looks rad as gently caress.

poo poo, I'm pre-ordering it. I want this game bad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, I caved and watched just a few minutes of video.
Harpoon on the car to impale and drag fools that dare cross me.

Buying as soon as I get home.

Side note: GMG makes you go through some new login service but doesn't let me reset my credentials. Annoying but I guess paying full price isn't so bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The fact that they're doing another media blitz this far out like they did with SoM hopefully means they're pretty happy with the quality.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I know I shouldn't, but went and pre-ordered from GMG anyway. 38.50€ with a voucher (SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15). I've loved the Mad Max movies since I was a little kid (bad parenting I guess), Fury Road was amazing, and now here's the proper Mad Max game I've always wanted. The car customization part also scratches my itch for a new Street Rod game. :v:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I know I shouldn't, but went and pre-ordered from GMG anyway. 38.50€ with a voucher (SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15). I've loved the Mad Max movies since I was a little kid (bad parenting I guess), Fury Road was amazing, and now here's the proper Mad Max game I've always wanted. The car customization part also scratches my itch for a new Street Rod game. :v:

If you went to the VIP tab on GMG you could've gotten it for €30 :(

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

If you went to the VIP tab on GMG you could've gotten it for €30 :(

Awww poo poo. This was the first time I used GMG so I didn't even notice that. :cripes:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's not out for another 10 days, just get a refund and re-buy it.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion. It's not the end of the world if I lose 8.50€, but boy do I feel stupid anyway.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion. It's not the end of the world if I lose 8.50€, but boy do I feel stupid anyway.

I did the same thing, asked for a refund, got it within an hour or two, and bought it for 30 bucks.

Not feeling as stupid anymore :haw:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, got my refund as well, all is good.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Hopefully this will be enough.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Hopefully this will be enough.

God dammmn. I hope so because that movie was vibrant as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I cant find the old pictures but the times that people have applied a fury road color filter to released screenshots looked awesome as gently caress. Doesn't seem unrealistic to assume there is an option there if there's a color filter.

• Locked thread