Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Rough Lobster posted:

noice

Also man I gotta remember to turn on the game's music once in a while, the music in this game is pretty great and epic. I think I was listening to Cat Power during that fight....not exactly the same effect.

I was playing one day while my fiance was futzing around on her phone in the same room and out of the blue she says, "This music is amazing for a video game." And she was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
I turn off music in every video game ever, I am a horrible person, and not just for that reason.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Bone_Enterprise posted:

I turn off music in every video game ever, I am a horrible person, and not just for that reason.

I've met this man in real life and can attest to this statement

unless he's grilling, then he's some kind of ultra cool man

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I usually have podcasts or Pandora on when I play, but I do enjoy TES music. Also, altitis is starting to set in, I made a stamina two hander sorc.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I got the same thing and decided the best way to deal with altitus is to make all my planned alts at once. That way I can train up their horses so they're not maddeningly slow when I get around to playing them. Also, I dump random items I come across in my travels in the bank so that all that extra research time isn't being wasted. Typically I finish up Stonefalls with each one, so they'll be about level 20 and have plenty of points to shuffle around as I hone the builds. I made tankplar, a bow based stamsorc, a vamp NB healer (which is loads of fun), and a DK that I'm probably going to find some kind of weird non-optimal build for. Maybe I'll use a random mishmash of guild skills or something.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Just in case you guys don't know on Xbox go to your settings and adjust the fov all the way to the right. You'll thank me.

Also if you're on Xbox and you're part of the SA Goons guild if you have recipes your not using toss them into the bank. I'm about ten away from having every single one. I toss tons of motiffs and recipes in there all the time from doing dewemer runs. If you need food or drink hit me up, I have master provisioning. GT: Optimus Matrix

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

OptimusMatrix posted:

Just in case you guys don't know on Xbox go to your settings and adjust the fov all the way to the right. You'll thank me.

Also if you're on Xbox and you're part of the SA Goons guild if you have recipes your not using toss them into the bank. I'm about ten away from having every single one. I toss tons of motiffs and recipes in there all the time from doing dewemer runs. If you need food or drink hit me up, I have master provisioning. GT: Optimus Matrix

Is there an in-game list of all the recipes?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

poor life choice posted:

Is there an in-game list of all the recipes?

This guy made a spread sheet so I've been going off that.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149504/goo.gl/yMYorF

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
The music is okay, but it's used poorly, so I keep it off.

Seriously, game, me walking from the blacksmith to the bank does not require a huge orchestral piece. I'm not killing a drat dragon, I'm emptying my inventory.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Thanks!

JackBadass posted:

I'm not killing a drat dragon, I'm emptying my inventory.

A Herculean task if you insist on keeping everything.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Speaking of banks Grahtwood has by far the best bank area in the game. It literally has all the crafting stations in one room.

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

OptimusMatrix posted:

Speaking of banks Grahtwood has by far the best bank area in the game. It literally has all the crafting stations in one room.

"A daedric prince? Did your sister see a clutch of butterflies while she was there?"

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

JackBadass posted:

The music is okay, but it's used poorly, so I keep it off.

Seriously, game, me walking from the blacksmith to the bank does not require a huge orchestral piece. I'm not killing a drat dragon, I'm emptying my inventory.

While I play with the sound on and love the epic soundtrack, I feel like sometimes the same musical pieces are used too much. I'm so used to that one piece that starts with a 4 note epic choir that I could probably play the whole drat thing on piano by ear. Yet when I went to Eastmarch it was like holy poo poo different music exists in this game! After beating that place and going to the Rift it's back to "ah ah ahhh ah" :saddowns:

Also those loving Warcraft-ey combat drums whenever you enter combat, or aggro someone, or get aggroed, or come within 50 feet of someone fighting an enemy

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
I'm in guild House Awful and it is dead

Please invite character "Kulkija" or ID "juicce" to any PC EU Ebonheart goon guild that is not dead, thanks.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

OptimusMatrix posted:

Except for provisioning, unless one of the braziers doubles as cooking fire.

But aside from that, very much so. The big tree houses a bank next to pretty much everything. An excellent design where all crafting alts should hang out.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I dunno what Grahtwood is, but, it has wood in its name, which probably means elfy, and that means, eww, elves.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Grahtwood's the second major Aldmeri zone, yeah. The city in question is Elden Root. The bank in question evidently has vampire trolls or something. :rolleyes:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
rawl'kha is the best city because it's small and most of the stores and crafting stations aren't inside buildings

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mournhold is besthold.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cuckoo posted:

While I play with the sound on and love the epic soundtrack, I feel like sometimes the same musical pieces are used too much. I'm so used to that one piece that starts with a 4 note epic choir that I could probably play the whole drat thing on piano by ear. Yet when I went to Eastmarch it was like holy poo poo different music exists in this game! After beating that place and going to the Rift it's back to "ah ah ahhh ah" :saddowns:

Also those loving Warcraft-ey combat drums whenever you enter combat, or aggro someone, or get aggroed, or come within 50 feet of someone fighting an enemy

The soundtrack is supposed to get more diversity with the next patch, if I remember right.

Also more music from Morrowind/Skyrim/Oblivion I think.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Are you stuck in a pvp campaign for its duration. I just wanted to pop in to what it was like and now I can't figure out how to leave.

Also, I am terrible at this game.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

whoda thunkit posted:

Are you stuck in a pvp campaign for its duration. I just wanted to pop in to what it was like and now I can't figure out how to leave.

Also, I am terrible at this game.

Use the wayshrine in your faction's main hold.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

I took a recipe on how to mash berries together out of the xbox guild bank. No regrets, it's all mine now.

be careful, brother

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I've been putting spare recipes into the bank for just that purpose so I don't see any problems. Same with motifs. Obviously you shouldn't be taking poo poo to sell though, Mr. custom title.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

vug posted:

rawl'kha is the best city because it's small and most of the stores and crafting stations aren't inside buildings

It also has the second-best set of guild traders.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Invisible Handjob posted:

be careful, brother

lol that sig

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Berke Negri posted:

The soundtrack is supposed to get more diversity with the next patch, if I remember right.

Also more music from Morrowind/Skyrim/Oblivion I think.

Is it? I don't see anything to that effect in the patch notes, only additions or changes to music in some locations.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

edit: Booyah! Finally figured out guild trading - duh!

Also, I'm finding the game won't let me deposit certain items into EG or LAG bank - when I'm done with a set of armor I'd like to donate sometimes but find it won't store... ?

Does EG or LAG have a trader?

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 18, 2015

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

clusterfuck posted:

Also, I'm finding the game won't let me deposit certain items into EG or LAG bank - when I'm done with a set of armor I'd like to donate sometimes but find it won't store... ?

Check to see if it's bound. It will say so in the item's dialog. Probably is, and you can't put bound items in the guild bank.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Redid that Nerien'eth video, you can actually see the fight now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlZqkINxrWc

Also uploaded our 3-man DSA run. Champion Points make things too easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvXLEDWdhA

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I've been putting dupe recipes I find up on the guild auction house at base prices (around 30 gold IIRC) as to not poo poo up the vault space. This is on the EP guild.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Alright, I need a gently caress ton of apples. Anyone got a spare stack or two? On the PS4.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Scyantific posted:

Redid that Nerien'eth video, you can actually see the fight now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlZqkINxrWc

Also uploaded our 3-man DSA run. Champion Points make things too easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvXLEDWdhA

These are incredible, thanks for this.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Hi, I bought this game during beta and then my friend decided he hated it. Now he decided its okay again so we're playing!

I'm on PC -- Daggerfall. @plasticbee. I have no idea what I'm doing! Please add me!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Bonapartisan posted:

Hi, I bought this game during beta and then my friend decided he hated it. Now he decided its okay again so we're playing!

Yeah, the beta version was god awful, but they really made a turnaround.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I'm @cmhn74, playing in DC but I'll take an invite from any goon guilds.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bonapartisan posted:

I'm on PC -- Daggerfall. @plasticbee. I have no idea what I'm doing! Please add me!

First mistake here, no one plays DC anymore.

Also, Ennu, Pluto, and I butchered our way through Vet BC without an actual healer/tank combo, just 3 DPS (we all had self heals). 14 minute run time, giving me the last vet dungeon speed challenge I needed for that sweet Akatosh's Scales Gold dye.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I have 31 DC Templar I would not mind running. In the middle of travel and computer build atm though.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

i just rerolled in ebonheart pact, still looking for an invite. @cmhn74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
There is actually a growing number of DC goons in the EP guild (which is pretty much the only goon guild). Still, if you're deadset of playing a Redguard or Alter or whatever I really gotta recommend the Explorer's Pack so you can play your race of choice and still get to chill on the best alliance with the majority of PC goons. Just my opinion, and I'm usually loathe to spend money on MMO poo poo.

But you if do decide to roll DC we'll still set you up with wicked awesome gear or w/e.

• Locked thread