Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Baaaaart,
I miss talking about the show
Cuz all this pizza chat
Well, it sure does blow!"

"Wow... that was a real...surprise."

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Baaaaart,
I miss talking about the show
Cuz all this pizza chat
Well, it sure does blow!"

"Wow... that was a real...surprise."

The show had a lot of energy this past week. Michael Rapaport is pretty annoying but at least he busts balls, which seems like hasn't happened in years. I also like that he asked Howard if his house smelled like cats since they have 15 (!) there.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

The show had a lot of energy this past week. Michael Rapaport is pretty annoying but at least he busts balls, which seems like hasn't happened in years. I also like that he asked Howard if his house smelled like cats since they have 15 (!) there.

15? Holy poo poo, isn't this exactly what people predicted when Howard said he wasn't gonna have another kid? It's respectable to rescue animals and all but that's too many drat cats.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

15? Holy poo poo, isn't this exactly what people predicted when Howard said he wasn't gonna have another kid? It's respectable to rescue animals and all but that's too many drat cats.

Apparently Beth (aka the maids) keep the house odor free and spotless. With 15 cats I call bullshit.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

My grandma had like 6 cats in a tiny little house and it never smelled or anything. Proportionally, Beth could have about 50 cats and still be fine.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

a cop posted:

My grandma had like 6 cats in a tiny little house and it never smelled or anything. Proportionally, Beth could have about 50 cats and still be fine.

The cats probably have their own wing of the house that's downwind so the neighbors get the ammonia smell. Ugh.

quote:

Nah, not commercials, it's just what it sounds like when you take a neurotic freak who purposefully starves himself of any indulgences in life and introduce him to things like fast food. He desperately wants to eat it but his brain tells him one burger or sandwich will make him gain 3 pounds(the horror!) and take 5 months to work off and he goes back to being miserable.

It's a total bubble world on that show. Some people live in it by choice, others like Gary and Fred just know not to rock the boat because disagreeing with Howard on these "I live my life the proper way anything else is WRONG" rants is a surefire way to earn his ire for the next 30-60 minutes.

Howard's bubble is especially sad. How can you really make fun of it? The man married a cat hoarder.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm a page late but regional culture things are always cool and interesting to me. I'm a Philly goon and I've seen many people put ranch on pizza. Everyone I know also pronounces mayonnaise with two syllables as "man ayys".

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

beep by grandpa posted:

Everyone I know also pronounces mayonnaise with two syllables as "man ayys".

I... I didn't know there was another pronunciation..

This topic reminds me of a Howard moment that made me lol, even though it probably wasn't that funny. JD was talking about visiting his parents for Christmas here in Ohio. He said all that they did for Christmas dinner is order in from Bob Evans, and Howard promptly shouts "WHO THE gently caress IS BOB EVANS?!" Like I said, not that funny, but that timing and delivery made it funny to me.

For some reason I thought Bob Evans was more dispersed than it really is.

I finally finished the Todd Pack OJ pack, and that is some BS that it ends with the day before the verdict reading. We all know how it ends, but I wanted to hear Howards reaction, after hearing him rally on a guilty verdict for days

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 17, 2015

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

I finally finished the Todd Pack OJ pack, and that is some BS that it ends with the day before the verdict reading. We all know how it ends, but I wanted to hear Howards reaction, after hearing him rally on a guilty verdict for days

Mayo-nays is how I say it.

There was definitely a final OJ pack with the verdict. Look for "OJ aftermath." There's even some late material with Artie from 2007 when OJ eventually did get convicted in Vegas.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I live in New York City and I can, in fact, confirm that there are places here where you can get ranch dressing on pizza.

It's semi-gross but not all that weird.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dr.Caligari posted:

This topic reminds me of a Howard moment that made me lol, even though it probably wasn't that funny. JD was talking about visiting his parents for Christmas here in Ohio. He said all that they did for Christmas dinner is order in from Bob Evans, and Howard promptly shouts "WHO THE gently caress IS BOB EVANS?!" Like I said, not that funny, but that timing and delivery made it funny to me.

For some reason I thought Bob Evans was more dispersed than it really is.

The post verdict show was like 2 days later and there was no Robin in the studio. It is a HUGE let down.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That's my main man maynaz

Whoops wrong radio show

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm a page late but regional culture things are always cool and interesting to me. I'm a Philly goon and I've seen many people put ranch on pizza. Everyone I know also pronounces mayonnaise with two syllables as "man ayys".

Do you put cheez whiz on your cheese steak?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

a cop posted:

Yup, if you have someone cleaning everyday, it's not that hard to keep it smelling nice.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I live in North Jersey and I can think of several non-chain pitza-rrheahs in the area that sell chicken bacon ranch pizza.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
You fuckers and your 2 page pizza bullshit made me break my diet last night and I ate an entire medium pizza. No ranch dressing was involved though and I gave the left over crust to my dog.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Heads up because I know we like the embedded series. Up on Howard's website are some clips w/ video of the latest one they did with Sour Shoes.

https://www.howardstern.com/wack-pack-contributors/24621-go-embedded-sour-shoes/

EDIT: Only the trailer and one short piece on Sour's sex life has video. The longer first episode is audio only for some reason.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 17, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Can someone post their favourite Beetlejuice clip, real briefly? I'm in a beet mood today, and haven't seen enough. I have seen when he was upset (and it also involved when Richard put a straw in his rear end, or something), but I haven't seen much else.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Can someone post their favourite Beetlejuice clip, real briefly? I'm in a beet mood today, and haven't seen enough. I have seen when he was upset (and it also involved when Richard put a straw in his rear end, or something), but I haven't seen much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPkIQ05zqc

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Have you seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4canzOOXJmg

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Thanks for this one, listening now at work :)

I like this one. Beet and Iron Sheik - 2 bangs for the buck. I was searching for the clip where "Dominic shits in Beetles pants", and this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnIOHD9PPxE

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 17, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I was listening to the KC pack this weekend - KC never actually won the 330K at goldenpalace.com right? I feel like they went out of their way to always mentiopn goldenpalace.com when they talked about it and it seemed kind of fishy.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Phone posting, but my favorite is Beet with Gilbert in studio. Beet hates Gilbert for no particular reason. Goo for you man, goo for you

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I was listening to the KC pack this weekend - KC never actually won the 330K at goldenpalace.com right? I feel like they went out of their way to always mentiopn goldenpalace.com when they talked about it and it seemed kind of fishy.

Looking back now it definitely seems like a paid plug, but at the time there was a lot of rumors online that KC actually made the deal himself with golden palace behind closed doors, and that it was only the fact that they loved KC so much that spared him from firing.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCbX5g4m_Y

By far my favorite beetlejuice appearance

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, Gilbert doing his wonderful Seinfeld impression. "Whhyyyyyy do they call you BeetleJUICE? Why not 'BeetleSoftDrink?'"

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Goo fa you pal

It is goo fa me!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Former Human posted:

Do you put cheez whiz on your cheese steak?

if it's not wit wiz, it's not a cheesesteak, you monster

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Looking back now it definitely seems like a paid plug, but at the time there was a lot of rumors online that KC actually made the deal himself with golden palace behind closed doors, and that it was only the fact that they loved KC so much that spared him from firing.

Am I crazy for fully believing that KC was perfectly capable of blowing 330k?

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
I got the impression that KC really did lose an insane amount of money gambling, and that's why his family held an intervention for him. Then he made a deal for a golden palace plug a few months later since he was so hard up for cash.

So both things are true. He a degenerate and hawks poo poo products for lunch money.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

filthychimp posted:

I got the impression that KC really did lose an insane amount of money gambling, and that's why his family held an intervention for him. Then he made a deal for a golden palace plug a few months later since he was so hard up for cash.

So both things are true. He a degenerate and hawks poo poo products for lunch money.

If there's anything more hilarious than Artie Lange being asked to speak at KC's intervention, I've yet to discover it.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
There is....Artie Lange killing time before the intervention by taking him to a bar.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Monday's interview with the boys was really good, one of those great conversations that goes extra long and is a treat to listen to. They got into a nice groove near the end and Howard was also particularly funny.

The new impressions they've been playing have been rear end, though. Whoever's doing them sounds nothing like Jeff Goldblum or Michael Caine AND they sing a shoddy Robin song on top of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

They just announced on twitter (and maybe they said this during the live show, I don't know, apologies if they have) that they're adding two live shows next week.

Of course, the bad news is that means the Bobo-free summer might come to an earlier end.

EDIT: I don't understand something... if HowardTV is no more, who filmed this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTU4Yejdl-I

EDIT 2: And the Jake Gyllenhaal, too.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 18, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the Jake Gyllenhaal!

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They still have people recording every show it's just not as elaborate as Howard TV. Presumably once Howard's contract is over all that material will find a home on some platform.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I wonder if SirusXM would try to branch out to TV or online video? I know one of the original concepts of XM was that you could also use it for video.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EDIT: I don't understand something... if HowardTV is no more, who filmed this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTU4Yejdl-I

I think it's a bit of a trial run for a one hour daily show that is going to run on something like Netflix each night featuring that day's celebrity interview.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Sand Monster posted:

I think it's a bit of a trial run for a one hour daily show that is going to run on something like Netflix each night featuring that day's celebrity interview.

didn't that show already exist back in the early 90s, like way before the E! show...iirc it was on either Fox or CBS late at night on the weekends - called "The Howard Stern Interview" or something. I just started listening to Stern again since getting bored of my typical channel rotation on Sirius and happened to be reminiscing fondly about the E! show while watching some clips on youtube over the weekend as that was my first and only exposure until i was out of high school.

the show seems like its been decent recently and I don't seem alone on this so I guess I'll keep tuning in...good timing on my part given the recent Sour Shoes appearance and special (which was kinda meh for what it was), by far my favorite of the wack pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
"The Howard Stern Interview" was the precursor to the E! Show. I believe if my memory serves me correct that it was one of the launch shows on E!.

I think what happened there was E! saw that Howard was ratings and they wanted more content and with Howard being lazy they opted to just record the show in the studio.