Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Didn't get anything. Did I mention I hate ESPN?

Did it arrive eventually?

ItsMillerTime I need your email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yep I'm in!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Joined the league, but the donation page won't open for me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Donated $40. My charity:

Arkansas Rice Depot
- Feeding the hungry in Arkansas!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Guys, I've been doing some mock drafts and I'm starting to wonder if 8 bench spots isn't a bit too much. Like, way too much. The waiver wire is basically going to be a wasteland and that pretty much defeats the purpose of the FAAB and cheating mechanic. With that in mind, how do you guys feel about reducing bench spots? Currently we have 8. Should we go to 4 or 6? Stick with 8?

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Joined the league, but the donation page won't open for me.

Works for me. Can you try again?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 19, 2015

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
having 5 IDP slots and necessary backups should keep the waivers decent. 6 would probably be fine, but with 4, a bench would be something like 1 each of QB, RB, WR, and LB, which would be really tough.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I change my charity to Soul Food Cafe in Conway, Arkansas where I live. There's a good chunk of religious stuff involved, but they do really great work. Feed the hungry and even do haircuts and put a lot of work into getting people back on their feets again. Lots of positive energy and I want to directly take my winnings, when I dominate this league and win it ;), to somewhere that is directly translated to good stuff.

http://soulfoodcafemission.org/

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
We have 8 unique slots, given 16 teams - regardless of benches, there won't be a lot of TE and QB sitting around on benches, however given IDP it's probably prudent to have a LB, DL, and DB on your bench for most people.

If we didn't have cheating the benches would be way too deep because you don't really need to hold IDP players, but I think the cheating aspect makes 8 slots feasible.

There will always be a lot of surprise players that will go for a lot of money because we have even more teams competing for them this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, so what I'm hearing is that sticking with 8 is worth trying. I'm down for that.

Holy poo poo this draft is going to be insane.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

22 rounds, 16 teams, bring some red bulls boys

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I do a 12 team 24 slot auction league. The draft is online and still takes nearly 5 hours :suicide:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

I do a 12 team 24 slot auction league. The draft is online and still takes nearly 5 hours :suicide:

Auctions take forever, this is just a snake. At 2 minutes per pick we're talking less than 12 hours here!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Auctions take forever, this is just a snake. At 2 minutes per pick we're talking less than 12 hours here!

1 minute per pick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1 minute per pick.

Down to 6!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

Down to 6!

People are going to be using every second by the 6th round

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
By the 6th round I'm going to be picking based on if the name is funny or not. This is going to be a shitshow.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay the financial stuff is up and running. Anyone interested in seeing how much who has what can go here and enjoy.

People Who Haven't Put Down $25
jabro
DrPossum
Spoeank
Sataere
Smarms
Aredna
spacejung
Its Miller Time
Kazak_Hstan
The X-man cometh

People Who Haven't Signed In To The League
Its Miller Time

Total Amount of Cash Money What What
$1197

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I have $400 in FAAB? So...I'll donate $70 of that "money" to my bid order. I've never done FAAB before.

That how that works? Do I officially put it in somewhere?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

So, I have $400 in FAAB? So...I'll donate $70 of that "money" to my bid order. I've never done FAAB before.

That how that works? Do I officially put it in somewhere?

That's it. I handle the preseason stuff and then set everyone's FAAB based on cheating and donations.

One thing I will ask this year is that everyone help me by keeping track of their budgets with me. Otherwise I can get overwhelmed.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay the financial stuff is up and running. Anyone interested in seeing how much who has what can go here and enjoy.

jabro
DrPossum
Spoeank
Sataere
Smarms
Aredna
spacejung
Its Miller Time
Kazak_Hstan
The X-man cometh

People Who Haven't Signed In To The League
Its Miller Time

Total Amount of Cash Money What What
$1197

Was waiting for today's paycheck to hit my account. $100 in the pot, let's do this thing. :getin:

By the way, was it ever determined if we could have multiple people play for the same charity? I would much rather have my charity be Doctors Without Borders, but someone raised a protest when I asked for that, so I switched to Books for Africa. If it's ok, I'd still rather play for DWB.

Smarms fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 21, 2015

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Put 200 out of my 2000 towards the draft.

The max you can cheat each week is 100 for 10 points right?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Smarms posted:

Was waiting for today's paycheck to hit my account. $100 in the pot, let's do this thing. :getin:

By the way, was it ever determined if we could have multiple people play for the same charity? I would much rather have my charity be Doctors Without Borders, but someone raised a protest when I asked for that, so I switched to Books for Africa. If it's ok, I'd still rather play for DWB.

Beer and myself are playing for DWB. More the merrier I say.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah it's all good. Fight for what you support.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
For free points most is 10pts/wk, but swapping players has no cap.

I'm the one the raised the protest, if everyone else is ok with it that's fine... But it's not so much of a competition if we have several people playing for the same charity. Also could lead to some appearances of collusion in certain trade or cheating scenarios.

I'm on vacation right now, but I'll get a deposit done and charity chosen before the draft starts.

I'll go ahead and up my bid to $50FAAB for draft order.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Contributed. Soon I will come up with a team name that isn't super dumb.

I bid 100 FAAB bucks on draft position.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Sorry for my delay. Donated and will do 150 FAAB for draft

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo we've nearly raised $2K already. I loving love you guys. loving. Love. All of you.

jabro
Spoeank
Sataere
Its Miller time

Current Draft Selection Order
Beer4TheBeerGod - $250
RisqueBarber - $200
DrPossum - $150
Azhais - $100
Kazak_Hstan - $100
Aredna - $50

:siren: CUTOFF FOR DRAFT BIDDING IS 8PM EASTERN TIME TONIGHT :siren:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
$151 bid

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

B4TBG, I lost my credit card, so I need a couple of days. I owe you for two leagues and I promise I haven't forgotten you. I probably need to wait until Friday anyway, so I can use my paycheck. Please feel free to hound me if I haven't taken care of both by Friday.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No rush.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm big boying you and by that I mean I keep forgetting to pay. I'm at work so I can't do it right now but I'll get you Beer.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm gay

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

This is a very antiquated idea. Homosexuals are very good about paying on time. :v:

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
I wont be bidding for a draft spot. I'm too clueless to know what position I want or who to draft there anyways. :buddy:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
$201

Not that I know where I want to draft or why I want to draft there. I should probably do some research or something.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
$1 for draft spot.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Can I bid $10 to be last?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

Can I bid $10 to be last?

If its like last year you chose your position in order of bids.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
OK. I bid $10 for... something. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And bidding is closed.

Choosing Order
Beer4TheBeerGod - $250
Azhais - $201