Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Haerc posted:

Any tips on power leveling characters? I've just been burning training items and training arenas with N's of the same type as the character I'm trying to level.

I've heard leveling an N to max and z-awakening them, then using them to train works best?

I've been using "Go Team Bardock!" on Hard to train lately, you fight two bosses that give good EXP and if you bring a Lv1 N character along it'll reach level 20 just by clearing the stage once so you can awaken him and feed him to whoever for even more EXP without having to waste battle cards/training items to level up the N guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Batmasterson posted:

Sorry to ask again but I never really got an answer and haven't found one. Should I be waiting till max level to use awakening medals on good characters? I have a ssr Vegeta and have all the awakening medals, but hes only level 50.

There's no reason not to Awaken good characters as soon as you are able, but you can't Z Awaken until they're max level. You can do all but one of the Awakenings, but it doesn't matter which you save for last. My SSJ Bardock was stuck at level 80 for days while I hunted down 6 Master Roshi tokens.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

New Leaf posted:

There's no reason not to Awaken good characters as soon as you are able, but you can't Z Awaken until they're max level. You can do all but one of the Awakenings, but it doesn't matter which you save for last. My SSJ Bardock was stuck at level 80 for days while I hunted down 6 Master Roshi tokens.

:eyepop: For some inexplicable reason I was under the impression if you used your tokens before max level, you couldn't Z-Awaken dudes. Once maintenance is over, time to spend all my medals on dudes.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: For some inexplicable reason I was under the impression if you used your tokens before max level, you couldn't Z-Awaken dudes. Once maintenance is over, time to spend all my medals on dudes.

It's a pretty tiny stat boost, until you actually do the Z-awaken though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Update is go, and we get 3 free dragon stones because the description of some item was wrong, woo.

According to the update, chair Frieza and Chilled can randomly drop at any difficulty. Next strike event is King Vegeta, as assumed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rad. I'd just like to say I'm mentally replacing all the dialogue for the story events with the DBZ:Abridged Bardock stuff and it's making me laugh like the terrible nerd I am. Time to beat all these missions and get me a(nother) freezer.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

Rad. I'd just like to say I'm mentally replacing all the dialogue for the story events with the DBZ:Abridged Bardock stuff and it's making me laugh like the terrible nerd I am. Time to beat all these missions and get me a(nother) freezer.

You could really have multiple teams of Freeza alts. I love this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A freiza for every situation! Well, almost. From what I've seen on the JP thing for first form Frieza there's two red, one blue and a purple. Second form gets one red, Third form gets one green. Fourth form gets one green and a blue. Gold Frieza gets every colour but yellow due to dokkan awakenings and a second purple to boot. IIRC except for Emperor of Inequity most of them tend to have leader skills that just boost specific color types, like Mecha Freiza and his +3 ki to purple. Which is pretty good if you're making a mono-type team.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

A freiza for every situation! Well, almost. From what I've seen on the JP thing for first form Frieza there's two red, one blue and a purple. Second form gets one red, Third form gets one green. Fourth form gets one green and a blue. Gold Frieza gets every colour but yellow due to dokkan awakenings and a second purple to boot. IIRC except for Emperor of Inequity most of them tend to have leader skills that just boost specific color types, like Mecha Freiza and his +3 ki to purple. Which is pretty good if you're making a mono-type team.

I'm trying to get enough SSRs for the extreme/super ability team achievements. It's about the only thing I have left sans the "defeat 1000 saibamen".

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I just did a team of extreme awakened Ns, you don't have to have SSRs for it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have over 50 stones and really want to roll them all out.. but I don't really *need* to. I like my team the way it is. Even if I got SSR Piccolo or Gohan, I'm kinda set with my current team. Not sure what I should really be striving for until they throw out more characters. I'm just grinding out Z-Hard and doing the current event at this point. Anyone have any suggestions for replacements? If I had a solid red link I'd add him in, but Frieza teams with Radditz for some reason. I've got a 75ish Mecha Frieza that I'm leveling up too. I really want to make a side-team of Z-fighters but SSJ2 Goku drops the Z-fighters link ups. I have all the Androids except for 19, guess I could try to get one of him and do an Android + Cell team for funsies.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 19, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any guaranteed ways to get one Kibito Kai medal? It's all I need to z awaken my Teen Gohan. I got the one from the dragonball wish.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

zelah posted:

I just did a team of extreme awakened Ns, you don't have to have SSRs for it.

I'm being picky on which characters to hold on to.

Also holy gently caress Chiller - 33k on one hit on a color resistance with a 25% less attack applied.

Fuckkkk this.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that little bastard hits like a truck, even on normal.

I guess we have to farm up Last Battle for the new Frieza? Now everyone can be swimming in Bardocks!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So according to the subreddit; "You are guaranteed one of each under the special missions tab.

For Frieza: Clear all stages of "A lone Warrior's Last Battle" On all difficulties

For Chilled: Clear "Furious Transformation!" Without using a continue on Z-hard. Chilleds type is Teq so bring some strong Ints along

You can also obtain both of these from Hard mode. Furious Transformation for Chilled and Last Battles for Frieza."

So while you can grind for the low droprate, there is a way to get them guaranteed if you're good enough to beat Z Hard. Time to go farm Frieza I guess.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Beating Chilled with no continues on z-hard sounds simple until you try to do it. Owch.

Glad I can get a blue 1st form Frieza though. Gonna convert my EoI to Golden Frieza eventually do this hits both replacing him and adding more color coverage to my Frieza team.

Farming Bardock and Frieza at the same time is kind of nice though.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 19, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Grinding seems better, managed to get chair frezia under double digit attempts.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Kelp Plankton posted:

Beating Chilled with no continues on z-hard sounds simple until you try to do it. Owch.

Glad I can get a blue 1st form Frieza though. Gonna convert my EoI to Golden Frieza eventually do this hits both replacing him and adding more color coverage to my Frieza team.

I'm 0/2 - my second time I got him to a sliver of health, but burned all of my health regens and got hit with his 33k attack.

I want this.

Now I play the stamina game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

I would have held off farming Bardock if I knew we were getting another reason to run that stage. Now I'm going to end up with a bunch of excess R Bardocks, most likely. Oh well, there are worse things than R training fodder.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

loving Frieza.. good lord. I used 2 stones, he one-shotted me every time he was up to bat on Z-Hard.. hit for 60k+

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Ox King trick seems to work. Severely reduces the damage, especially since Frezia is a one-trick pony.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tae posted:

The Ox King trick seems to work. Severely reduces the damage, especially since Frezia is a one-trick pony.

Baba and Ghost Usher are nice for that, too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You basically have to bring multiple Z-TEQs if you want to reasonably take down Frieza on Z-Hard. Still going to take over 20k damage but luckily he doesn't attack too often.

I'm a little torn over using the 50 Jeremy's I finally saved up to awaken the SSR STR Goku I finally drew. I guess I'll have to do it eventually but I'm always running short on the cricket.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've actually gotten a bunch of Gregory medals from Transformation on Hard already.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Cleared Chiller on Z-HARD without a continue after the third time - used Ox King and Bulma which appeared to slow down his assaults. The Super Level 10 Mecha Freeza really clinched my victory.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

You can also obtain both of these from Hard mode. Furious Transformation for Chilled and Last Battles for Frieza."

Do they only drop in Hard or higher? Or would that only raise the chances like with strike events? The update text isn't specific about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got Chair Frieza on hard, the drop rates are just low as usual.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Chilled links twice with chair freiza and then coward and brutal beat down.

I hope King Vegeta is Str. Sick of techno Tao and I have 2 other Vegetas on my team he'll probably link with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got Chilled first try with a garbage team.. Burnt a couple Senzus and Cargos though. I didn't think I was going to make it so I wasn't really trying until both my Kid Vegeta and Mecha Frieza got Supers on the same round and took a huge chunk off him.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder if I can field a buff enough team to take on Z-Hard Chilled. I'm thinking:

SSR SSJ PHY Vegeta
SSR* EoI Frieza
SSR* Kid Vegeta
SSR* PHY Recoome
SR* INT Ginyu
SR* Tora

Tora has a ton of HP, so that's nice and Frieza is big enough to not need Vegeta's leader buff.

Edit: I used more healing items than strictly necessary, but that wasn't hard at all with this team. Getting two Recoome supers off didn't hurt.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 19, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Beat z-hard Chilled on my first try without using any items. Thought I'd need to heal at least once.

Team was:

SSR* Mecha Frieza (leader for +3 ki on int)
UR* SSJ Gohan
SSR Piccolo (to buff Gohan's ki)
UR* blue SSJ Goku (highest level card)
SSR* Kid Vegeta
SSR SSJ Bardock
Friend unit was a SSJ Vegeta that was buffing int damage by 30% but I don't remember which kind he was.

Basically Gohan got +3 ki from Mecha Frieza, +2 from Piccolo, +1 from Golden Warrior with any of the other SSJs, and +2 from his passive. Only needed like 2-3 orbs to super so he did it every turn he was up. Mecha Frieza got 2 early supers in for his debuff to help out, then Gohan did most of the work. But Bardock's passive buff helped out too.

Chilled didn't get a chance to use a super on me and I'm sure that is the only reason I could beat him without items. I got lucky.

But that's both event Missions complete in one shot so I'm happy. Just need to farm up this Frieza's super level now.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 19, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I finally got Kid Vegeta, after using the 3 stones they gave us for free. I love enemies that do nothing but spam Supers Attacks!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally got Chilled, just had to wait until INT SSJ2 Gohan was available as a friend unit. Between Ox King and the delay Ghost, I relatively took him down with a Senzu bean to spare.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just did a multi-roll after saving up 50 stones doing the story missions (I'm relatively new to this, so I'm still doing the story missions on normal) and got an SSJ Bardock! I'm happy about it since I've been running a Bardock party with Fasha as my head. It's my second SSR aside from the Piccolo that I got from rerolling when first starting, and only my third multi-roll. My party is now 100% Bardock Team folks, since I replaced my Nappa with Bardock (or rather I shuffled Fasha into Nappa's place and made Bardock the leader).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figured I'd try out Z-Hard Last Battle to see how rough it was. Brought my un-awakened Chiller and a friend had another up (both mid 20s). Frieza's doing maybe 5k damage with a Supernova, it's pretty amusing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SSJ Bardock is really, really good. Color flexibility, them Saiyan links (with some good farmable units nonetheless) and a great passive skill.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chill and Chair Freiza suck, goddamn you couldn't at least add in King Cold for strike buddy links?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Anyone else get a surprise 6Million Downloads event gift today?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else get a surprise 6Million Downloads event gift today?

Yeah

was distracted by the disappointed log-in bonuses for my consecutive days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

Yeah

was distracted by the disappointed log-in bonuses for my consecutive days

I got one stone!