Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cheesus posted:

The leaks of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures confirms I'll be getting a good night's rest on September 4th.

I went to the midnight releases for the prequels movies and dropped major dough on the 4" figures, accessories, vehicles. Overall I was happy with the product.

Taking a step back to 5 points of articulation and ugly looking add-on armor/build a mini-vehicle interest and excite me not in the least.

They are going to have proper 4" inch figures as well, we've just only seen the 5 poa stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

therealjon_ posted:

They are going to have proper 4" inch figures as well, we've just only seen the 5 poa stuff.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/08/13/lots-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens-figures-leaking-173111

Wait, I was wrong, these all only have 5 poa. I thought they looked pretty good detail wise, but didn't realize they had so view poa.

Like you said, I would imagine we will get some more proper 4 inch figures, but they will probably be sprinkled in Black Series lines. Thats really disappointing for these.

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 14, 2015

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

therealjon_ posted:

Yeah, and I'm open to the SA figures too, assuming Hasbro doesn't skimp on paint and accessories like they have with the 6" line.

Still, I'd say at best I'm looking at spending 25% of what I did for the other prequel movies. Not that I'm complaining about not having to spend money, especially with a kid on the way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think shortly after Episode 2 or 3 I gave up entirely on 3 3/4" stuff.

I for a short time tried the 6" Black Series line, but I just don't feel it anymore. Darth Maul was pretty great, but it felt like they started phoning it in after that first wave. I'll probably still grab a couple six inch Ep 7 figures if they look good tho, cause I'm an addict.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Not that it's super important, but I'm not even talking about the "vintage collection" one. I don't really like that figure. For a while it was way easier to find than the actual cartoon-style one, but it seems like they're both in a lot of demand now.

The earlier Ahsoka figures from the Clone Wars line were kinda bad and seemed to be real peg warmers, so after she turned into a better character with a cooler visual design, and they made a much nicer action figure, they of course did an extremely small run, and that figure has been super hard to find. Later they came out with the "realistic" vintage collection figure, but if you're a fan of the TV show's aesthetic, it just comes across as a weird potato-faced knockoff.

This right here is the really rare one. "CW44." You find maybe 5 of the vintage ones on ebay for every one of these. I'm almost to the point where $75 + $5 shipping for a loose 3" figure seems like a good deal...

I was lucky enough to scoop her up at a con, unpunched, a couple years ago, I never saw her on pegs once.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Xenomrph posted:

I'm starting to see a lot of YouTube reviews for the ML Thundra and Scarlet Spider waves, have any of you guys spotted any of them at retail yet? I'm just trying to gauge if they're starting to see widespread retail release and it's worth checking local stores, or if YouTube reviewers are just getting lucky with BBTS shipments or whatever.

I saw the entire wave at my Target the other day, didn't get any of them though because I'm being a bit selective with what I'm buying at the moment. (Scarlet Spider and that Kraven was tough to pass on though)

therealjon_ posted:

I for a short time tried the 6" Black Series line, but I just don't feel it anymore. Darth Maul was pretty great, but it felt like they started phoning it in after that first wave. I'll probably still grab a couple six inch Ep 7 figures if they look good tho, cause I'm an addict.

You're not wrong that quality sharply declined after the first wave or two. Also, if you ever decide you don't want that Maul anymore send me a PM.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
When do the new black series Star Wars figures come out?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

rear end Catchcum posted:

When do the new black series Star Wars figures come out?

Some appear to be leaking out currently along with Force Awakens ones. I expect September 4th they will be widely available

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
There is also a First Order Stormtrooper Black series figure in the wave that is presumably releasing on September 4th for that guy that was asking as well. Looks just like the SDCC one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I finally got around to putting the wire ties in to fit in the fifth shelf.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's a lot of shiny little men you have there.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Havoc904 posted:

There is also a First Order Stormtrooper Black series figure in the wave that is presumably releasing on September 4th for that guy that was asking as well. Looks just like the SDCC one.

That guy was me! That is awesome news, thanks for posting it. :swoon:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Anybody looking for an Animated Man-Bat? I've happened to come into a second one and he needs a good home.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sanschel posted:

Anybody looking for an Animated Man-Bat? I've happened to come into a second one and he needs a good home.

He's the only B:TAS figure I don't have. What are you asking for him?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

That's a lot of shiny little men you have there.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whats up HERBERT SANCHEZ!

http://www.1023jackfm.com/2013/09/11/weird-guy-has-surgery-to-look-like-superman/

"He also holds the Guiness World Record for having the most Superman memorabilia with 1,258 items!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

Whats up HERBERT SANCHEZ!

http://www.1023jackfm.com/2013/09/11/weird-guy-has-surgery-to-look-like-superman/

"He also holds the Guiness World Record for having the most Superman memorabilia with 1,258 items!"

Spent all that money on plastic surgery, but weirdly all his costumes look terrible :confused:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Didn't this guy come to the U.S. for more surgery, and the doctors who consulted with him looked at his history and found some really toxic stuff was put in him?

oh here we go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ab-fillers.html

did it himself!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 17, 2015

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I want to look like the Blue Beetle so I've been eating poorly and not exercising.

Works like a charm!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
found this while cleaning/organizing stuff. Ah, the good old days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey look, all of Hulk's friends are white.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Hey look, all of Hulk's friends are white.

BAM

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
WOW! The Secret Wars ad included Electro and Constrictor, two of the three rarest figures that were never released in the U.S. (along with Iceman).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Scary thing is if you had even half of what is on those pages you could almost buy a house now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Except you already have one for your USS Flag.

Which would cost $482 in 2015 dollars (guessing that it's a 1985 ad), which still seems on the low side.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Djarum posted:

Scary thing is if you had even half of what is on those pages you could almost buy a house now.

if you had them MIB maybe. I think I've still got well over half of that stuff, but it is all loose and played with to hell.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

WOW! The Secret Wars ad included Electro and Constrictor, two of the three rarest figures that were never released in the U.S. (along with Iceman).

I still really want an Iceman but can't bring myself to pay $300 or whatever it goes for these days.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Bushifox posted:

if you had them MIB maybe. I think I've still got well over half of that stuff, but it is all loose and played with to hell.

Same here. I had all the Transformers, GI Joe, and He-Men at that point and the Flagg was the first thing I didn't get from any of those lines pretty much.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I had all that he-man stuff too. Most of the Super Powers line including a lot of the vehicles. Oddly I never had any Secret Wars. I had sort of assumed that secret wars was way older than super powers and they weren't in stores at the same time. I didn't get any Marvel characters until the toy biz line started in the 90s.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I had every He-Man toy on that page. I lost the skeleton thing, but the rest are still sitting in my toy box in my closet that I've had since I was 3 years old (it's moved with me).

Also, my cat's name is Cringer.

Greyskull was only $25... ha!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a complete collection of NA released MOTU, lots of TFs, Thundercats and like a dozen GI Joes. My mom used to be the queen of cool toy scores, I had tons of Robotix, Construx (great for base building) and all sorts of short lived toy lines.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Out of everything I wish I still had that big loving t-rex from the he-man line. Holy poo poo that thing was awesome.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
One of the things I miss most from my childhood is Dino Riders. That poo poo was awesome for a 5 year old.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
$15 for the Cobra Hydrofoil is a bargain, I frickin' loved that thing. You could stash loads of hardworking pyramid scheme salesmen on that bad boy.

Cobra: putting the asp in aspirational.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I had most of that Spider-Man line that predated Marvel Legends. The ones that came with reprints of important comic issues. The black Spider-Man was my favorite.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I loved that line, the articulation was really good for the time. Also the bases they came with were great too, battle damage Spidey had a Lizard tied up with girders. Also one of the Spidermans came with a Bugle billboard which looks great with Marvel Universe figures.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 19, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rubiks Pubes posted:

One of the things I miss most from my childhood is Dino Riders. That poo poo was awesome for a 5 year old.

Fuckin a, that and M.A.S.K.

That advert hit me right in the nostalgia

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My brother had a lot of Spider-Man figures when he was younger. I think they were just the same basic Spider-Man with a bunch of accessories, or a different paint scheme or something. They must have been for the Fox show, I guess?

Googling around it looks like they were Toy Biz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Oh and I had a sweetass figure of metal arm/robot eye/white bandana Spidey from that one 90s story. I think it was an Erik Larsen issue. I actually had the issue too.