Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KARMA! posted:

Considering the impending cyborg revolution probably not that different.

I refuse to get a bike with ABS because I won't trust computers!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
At least ice and beer were cheap at the Buffalo Chip.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
My buddy's dad showed me that the real pros drill a small hole in the bottom of the low point so the water can just drain out as it melts.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
If I didn't have clamshells on the Uly, one would already have a hole. Top loaders are so much better than clamshells.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

clutchpuck posted:

One of the beemer nerds put together his go-pro footage of the Sturgis trip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la4h-v95qaQ

Great video.

That's why I want to move out west. Just look at that scenery. My wife and I are likely RV road tripping through SD and Montana next year.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 16, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Crossposting from helmet cam thread:

Just bought a GoPro-like action cam, a SJCAM SJ4000. I mounted it on my handlebars and this is the result I got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrtDPaKRvnE

How do I get rid of that wavy effect that apparently the noise and vibrations from my monster 150cc Yamaha apparently creates? I eventually want to mount it to my helmet, but want to sort out the little things like this first.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You need to isolate it from vibration somehow. Usually a helmet mount is the easiest way, but you could gently caress around with isolation mounts or whatever.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's like I'm watching the intro to a terrible indie time travel movie with no credits.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

With a helmet mount your body will absorb the vibration, so no need to worry there. Vibration mounts usually involve rubber between the camera and the mount, so you can try wrapping rubber or foam under the mount for a cheap solution.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

red19fire posted:

With a helmet mount your body will absorb the vibration, so no need to worry there. Vibration mounts usually involve rubber between the camera and the mount, so you can try wrapping rubber or foam under the mount for a cheap solution.

The mount did come with a bit of rubber, but I may have put it the wrong way around. I'll try fixing it and see what I get. Otherwise, trying to find a good spot on my helmet; lots of weird curves and creases make finding a decent spot a bit difficult. What's better, side mount or top mount?

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

YF19pilot posted:

Crossposting from helmet cam thread:

Just bought a GoPro-like action cam, a SJCAM SJ4000. I mounted it on my handlebars and this is the result I got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrtDPaKRvnE

How do I get rid of that wavy effect that apparently the noise and vibrations from my monster 150cc Yamaha apparently creates? I eventually want to mount it to my helmet, but want to sort out the little things like this first.

3M double-sided tape (the clear kind) is very good at getting rid of vibrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Gotta love the crossing the double yellows right in front of a cop, 2:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u64SFHVYyyg

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I'm not a sumo rider but I'm pretty sure he is doing it wrong.

nevermind.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
A thousand words and then some being painted right here:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Isn't there a followup picture somewhere with him all bandaged up and an arm in a sling?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
His face is priceless. "Uh oh".

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Isn't there a followup picture somewhere with him all bandaged up and an arm in a sling?
There is http://www.rivierastuntriders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39&sid=2773679624f85474ea04b709ae3246cc

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006
Fork tubes can just..vaporize?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

"j'avais la même!" = "I made a meme!"

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

60 Hertz Jig posted:

That's why you avoid stunted bikes.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

60 Hertz Jig posted:

I want to know how many times he had to slam the front down at mach3 while doing bad wheelies to make that happen.

Or what kind of nasty crash damage it had that he was ignoring.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Honda have finally lost their loving minds.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
It looks better when it transforms into ASIMO.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
If that is honda losing their minds, they can ride the crazy train as long as they want. I love it. The cluster is totally future rad, too.

To be fair, I've liked their cyberpunk, massive fairing, cruiser bikes they have come out with in the last few years. I'd even want that in auto transmission.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv Yeah, and it looks comfy as all get out.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 19, 2015

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Coydog posted:

If that is honda losing their minds, they can ride the crazy train as long as they want. I love it. The cluster is totally future rad, too.

To be fair, I've liked their cyberpunk, massive fairing, cruiser bikes they have come out with in the last few years. I'd even want that in auto transmission.

looks like the akira bike

i hope it's 2wd with a reverse gear

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Honda needs to sell that fairing kit.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Coydog posted:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv Yeah, and it looks comfy as all get out.

No full color TFT, no deal.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Digital_Jesus posted:

Honda needs to sell that fairing kit.

They need to make a version of it for the grom.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That bike actually looks utterly terrible hth.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Slavvy posted:

That bike actually looks utterly terrible hth.

All the reviews say it's a pretty epic cruiser. Frankly I think you'd feel like a badass every time you rocked up to sit on it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Slavvy you aren't wrong, you just have different opinions and that is completely ok. Is it because it's not red? Might be a little wide for a footbridge, too.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's a shapeless, top-heavy-looking lump of anti-form without a hint of grace, a disturbingly large amount of lovely plastic corporate moonscape and laughably terrible looking wheels and forks.

Being a Honda I'm sure it's wonderfully practical and excellent at it's intended role.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Honda have finally lost their loving minds.

These crazy anime mech Hondas will be looked back on in 30 years with jealous, seething "how did they not sell a billion of those?" rage.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

It's a shapeless, top-heavy-looking lump of anti-form without a hint of grace, a disturbingly large amount of lovely plastic corporate moonscape and laughably terrible looking wheels and forks.

Being a Honda I'm sure it's wonderfully practical and excellent at it's intended role.

gently caress that. It's so ugly it is cool. Gonna grab a 3/4 helmet and some Aviator sunglasses to properly rock that thing to Starbucksmy local fair-trade, eco-friendly, gluten-free café.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think that dumbass gundam-looking helmet icon makes would be more appropriate.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Not Honda's first lovely ugly cruiser.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I like it because it's different, but yeah goddamn they really should have put some thicker forks on it, or at least some beefy shrouds to make it look like it's running duolever or something.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nsaP posted:

Not Honda's first lovely ugly cruiser.

I thought it was the DN-01... Nope it's NM4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Skreemer posted:

I thought it was the DN-01... Nope it's NM4.

I'll throw the rune in the hat.