Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His heavy handed tactics cannot stop Corbyn from keeping to his beliefs and reaching out to the voters. A good cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

baka kaba posted:

What labels? Chilcott Report is just the title of the report on the front page, and the skeleton is just wearing his merch from Illegal War's summer festival tour

The running joke with Chris Riddell is that he abuses labels constantly. Like the one from a week ago with Trump, a fat cat & a cricketer, under Trump's wig it says Bigotry, on his comb it says GOP, the cat's cigar says RBS, he's using a collection of paper labelled tax payer's money as a lighter. and you're left wondering if there is possibly any other details he could possibly spell out. It's bad political cartooning to cover every part of the image in labels, if the message is so obscure that it needs that many labels then it's failed in its purpose.

In the case of his latest, the point is good, but writing illegal war on the back of the grim reaper is completely unnecessary: anyone old enough to be buying The Observer is well aware what death represents when drawn next to Tony Blair.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah I know, imagining Death was wearing a metal band hoodie just made the cartoon more entertaining for me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
On the bright side, his art is still pretty good by cartoonist standards and his points are salient.

He just needs an editor to slap hos hand when he starts labeling.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Labour leadership ballots go out today. I think the result's due on the 12th.

Independent:

Mail:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

This is pretty good.

Corbyn has come to cull the "aspirational" class. I have zero problems with this.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 18, 2015

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

It's not Halloween yet Mac.

"Hi I'm Jeremy. I really need you to vote for me because the NHS is in such a poo poo state that it's making my workflow even harder then it needs to be. Also your dog is infested with fleas from the looks of it..."

"Can I borrow that cap that's hanging on the stair rail?"

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

That press dog owns so hard, it's so on point about them and Corbyn.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I think Mac's confusing Jeremy Corbyn with Jeremy Hunt

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

The ballot is addressed to K Hardie :vince:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Party Boat posted:

There are 24 'Woofs'; Labour's first government was in 1924. And Ramsay MacDonald resigned and split the Labour party on 24 August 1931! :tinfoil:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

Okay, I've gone through the Guardian comments section so you don't have to:
Two on the left are Jack Straw and Liz Kendall (floppy ears). The skeleton is Blair, but you knew that already. The small dog below him is Cooper, and the tiny one is probably David Milliband. Behind Blair from back to front is apparently Peter Mandelson, Alastair Campbell, John Prescott (not entirely sold on this one) and Neil Kinnock. Gordon Brown is the big one in the back of course, and the one on the right is Andy Burnham because of the eyelashes.

Party Boat posted:

K Hardie on 13 Atlee Ave, who seems to live in New Lanark, and I can't make out the last line.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I don't think it's Prescott sicne he rebuked Blair. Blunkett??

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Lord of the Llamas posted:

He does have his eyes shut...(but then so does Kinnock who to my knowledge is not blind).

Tinribs
Sep 7, 2005
I have nerves of steel, and an anal sphincter of iron...

Looking at the hair, it looks more like Alan Johnson. I could be way off though.

Right, back to lurking for another few months.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Tinribs posted:

Looking at the hair, it looks more like Alan Johnson. I could be way off though.

Right, back to lurking for another few months.

This seems like a good shout, especially with the red cheeks:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

But....
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/16/gordon-brown-warning-against-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership

quote:

Gordon Brown urges Labour not to be party of protest by choosing Jeremy Corbyn

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

???

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Uhh.

I completely misread everything, never mind!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Chinese stock market worries.

Telegraph:

Labour leadership, I think.

Independent:

Times:

After Goya.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ed's popularity skyrockets in Australia!

Ok that's a pretty good one. Zero fucks cococorbyn is the best though

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I have trouble seeing the Telegraph one as anything but mocking the ridiculous determination of the entire British press to oppose Corbyn. I'm sure there must be a lovely intended message because Telegraph, but I just can't see it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Wolfsbane posted:

I have trouble seeing the Telegraph one as anything but mocking the ridiculous determination of the entire British press to oppose Corbyn. I'm sure there must be a lovely intended message because Telegraph, but I just can't see it.

I can see the Tories wanting Corbyn because they also think he's unelectable.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ooh ooh I got this!

Yvette Cooper has been pressuring Andy Burnham to step down so that all his supporters can vote for her instead (which makes no sense under the system they're using cause it's not FPTP) and he replied "I have no idea what Yvette's talking about, everyone says I'm number 2."

Dabir fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 19, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Me, post a telegraph cartoon? I'll see you in court

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How the hell did I gently caress that up

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Second place normally stands on the other side.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

goatface posted:

Second place normally stands on the other side.

We may never know why Burnham was drifting uncomfortably to the right.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

German government agrees to latest Greek bailout.

Telegraph:

Labour leadership infighting, Putin in a bathysphere.

Independent:

Sebastian Coe elected head of IAAF

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... the disgraceful treatment of Afghan translators

LOST IN TRANSLATION

Mac on... NHS attempts to counter the smoking menace

'Not only e-cigs. The NHS is helping with my addiction to whiskey and wild, wild women.'

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

Labour leadership infighting, Putin in a bathysphere.

Jeremy Corbyn is Jesus Christ.

It all makes sense now.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Cloud Potato posted:

Mac on... the disgraceful treatment of Afghan translators

LOST IN TRANSLATION

This is weird because I bet if we granted the translators asylum Mac would have made a cartoon berating the government for letting dirty foreigners cone here.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

British police to be sent to Calais.

Telegraph:

Independent

Times:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Interested in: SPENDING YOUR MONEY!! :monocle:

Completely unlike any other politician ever. :rolleyes:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

So... when did Skull Blair become a thing? I've seen Skull Blair in a few other cartoons and I've only just registered that it's not regular Tony Blair.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think Rowson started drawing him increasingly cadaverous from Iraq onwards - I'd be interested to see how that evolved over time though.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
More Bell cross-posting, featuring recurring characters Wally Whale and Triton submarine.

Is that.. a condom?:getin:

Hot Whalelord on skitty submarine action!

Dude, what's wrong with your face?

WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAACE? (Seriously that's an ugly caricature, it's like someone beat cmdr. Riker with an ugly stick,)

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Someone avatarise Angry Corbyn Offering Jam plz

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Collins isn't always good but when he is he's loving good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pinkovision rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

After Dali.

Times:

After Banksy.