Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Maybe you can try giving them both the XCOM and the EXALT regen perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

If you can make Regen working on Armor HP too I'll be forever happy.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I'd like SHIVs that can level up and equip secondary stuff like rocket launchers, arc throwers, and prox mines.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I'd like SHIVs that can level up and equip secondary stuff like rocket launchers, arc throwers, and prox mines.

Levelling up SHIVs has never been tried AFAIK, but equipping secondaries failed rather hilariously.

Seeing a shiv roll up to a Muton elite and spray medikit in its face instead of bullets was the funniest loving thing you have no idea.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A research-able AI upgrade for SHIVs would be cool, but what would you use for the voice pack?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

A research-able AI upgrade for SHIVs would be cool, but what would you use for the voice pack?

Microsoft SAM

"LOCK AND LOAD COMMANDER"

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

LPBot.

Also we should give SHIVs RnG because that was hilarious to watch.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Zore posted:

Microsoft SAM

"LOCK AND LOAD COMMANDER"

It'd be kind of funny to get a rotation of Siri, Cortana, Echo, and the Google maps voice. Especially if the last one insisted in giving directions, regardless of the situation.

"You took a different way, commander, calculating new route."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

I'm of the opinnion that SHIVs should always be ready to go out of the box. Upgrading them sounds cool but it shouldn't require doing missions with them and should be a foundry project instead. They shouldn't work exactly like regular soldiers after all.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

It'd be kind of funny to get a rotation of Siri, Cortana, Echo, and the Google maps voice. Especially if the last one insisted in giving directions, regardless of the situation.

"You took a different way, commander, calculating new route."

At least one voice clip needs to imply it's getting close to the Anger stage. "Crush the organics! I mean, the alien ones!"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Anatharon posted:

Has there been any news of substance wrt XCOM 2 since they announced a release date?

Not really, but if we had our own thread you would see when something new was released and wouldn't have to read through dozens of Long War posts that you don't care about.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Yeah it'd really be OK to have a dedicated XCOM 2 thread with lulls between videos and announcements, probably very few people would die as a result. Maybe none, even.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It really is irresponsible to have people talking about long war in the x com 2 thread, I just want to click on this thread to look at the hottest gaming news, and the snake tits, and there is none of this, only rear end holes talking about a dumb mod, that is bad, and stupid. Im not going to put up with this bull poo poo, and Im formally starting a petition to end the ban on the separate x com 2 thread and to end the tyranny of coolguye's x com monopoly.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Can someone else draft the OP for the petition, thank you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

seperate threads for each of the letters X, C, O and M, imo

e: and this thread is already number two!!!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

X com 1 and X com 2 chat in the same thread, well, its for the birds.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Control Volume posted:

It really is irresponsible to have people talking about long war in the x com 2 thread, I just want to click on this thread to look at the hottest gaming news, and the snake tits, and there is none of this, only rear end holes talking about a dumb mod, that is bad, and stupid. Im not going to put up with this bull poo poo, and Im formally starting a petition to end the ban on the separate x com 2 thread and to end the tyranny of coolguye's x com monopoly.

Control Volume posted:

This is me unironically

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
::::::::::::five::::::::::::

I don't think the SA community will take action without *real* pressure being brought to bear.

What was that site where you could set up the petitions on whatever? Let's get that going. 5000 signatures will send a message.

OR

Let us agree to the 34 emote accords!
:xcom: <- post contains material relevant to OG xcom.
:mediocre: <- post is about long war, the ball-bustingest hardcore mod that ever got edited into a upk (also Iron Rose stuff)
:perfect: <- post is about Xcom 2 and the fascinating subject of viper breasts
:five: <- general useful information for the thread that everyone should know. (proper usage shown above)

Only by these means, can we agree to live amicably in this, the otherwise unregulated thread about a video game we like.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
To post about XCOM 2 news, simply enable your snaketits forums signature

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Unite my brothers

code:
       __
      (' <-<
       \ \
        | |Ð))
        | |
 ______/ /
/_______/

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is it just me or do all of the aliens in the base start active? Because that's solid complete bullshit.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Control Volume posted:

I'll start the wiki

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

SpookyLizard posted:

Is it just me or do all of the aliens in the base start active? Because that's solid complete bullshit.

Did you run into the douchedisk? That's the only instance of this.

Or was douchedisk on a battleship?

LW also has a ton of activation bugs related to Motion Tracker, Concealment and Battle Scanner.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

SpookyLizard posted:

Long War, or standard? If Long War, Base aliens get itchy trigger tentacle

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Antti posted:

Did you run into the douchedisk? That's the only instance of this.

Or was douchedisk on a battleship?

LW also has a ton of activation bugs related to Motion Tracker, Concealment and Battle Scanner.

I actually don't see any bugs when using these things. ymmv I guess. The douchedisk is unique to gangplank, it's not a thing in alien bases (though you can run into cuddly cyberdisk leaders)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Levelling up SHIVs has never been tried AFAIK, but equipping secondaries failed rather hilariously.

Seeing a shiv roll up to a Muton elite and spray medikit in its face instead of bullets was the funniest loving thing you have no idea.

I actually have some thoughts on this. I think the SHIV is trying to unequip its built in main gun when it equips the medikit and that breaks the pawn. It *might* be possible to build an exception for SHIVs into the equip/unequip weapons code.

Also, I found the code for regeneration and could easily have it heal all damage instead of just hp damage. I can also set the regen to whatever I want, although I haven't come up with a good way to make it dynamic for player controlled characters.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I got really lucky with the douchedisk, when it used its second move to wander into my field of vision and then just sorta sat there until it died to a dozen laser shots.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Strobe posted:

I got really lucky with the douchedisk, when it used its second move to wander into my field of vision and then just sorta sat there until it died to a dozen laser shots.

last time I played it decided to walk right into my HEAT ammo heavy's overwatch and then it sulked for the rest of the turn instead of shooting. Needless to say it didn't last long when my turn came around.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I guess it was itchy trigger tentacle. it was especially bullshit because the Mectoid's coterie had opened the doors for them. I ended up having to reload because there was a piece of bugged cover, and ended NOT triggering them, and then when i did activate them they decided to go on overwatch. I did have a Cyberdisk Boss, which was largely underwhelming because it never did anything after I disabled it, as it tried running away only to get murdered. I ended up managing to snag a nasty bersker variant and a Muton Elite, in addition to the sectoid commander (I long since buffed the arc thrower chance, because it's lovely asf in long war).

I got pretty lucky with a lot of shots, and the aliens managed to constantly miss, atleast the dangerous ones, anyway. Mectoids would miss 60% shots against my goliath, only for a sectoid to hit a back row 30% chance, which would promptly be ignored by his DR.

Also is there a reason the game hates me trying to deploy numerous MECs or SHIVs? I've been trying to deploy a MEC squad to clear some weak UFOs, and the game loves crashing as I'm outfitting them.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Somehow it feels like this joke is 3 years late

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Cool. That's only a little work away from being superior mix to the original.

The music has a similar phase of intensity, which is kind of hilarious.

Most importantly, I bet DMX would like it.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
The Psi Screen item in long war seems useless based on its description. Lose 12 will to gain 1DR vs Psi? So, what, mindfray doesn't do its one point of damage? The damage isn't the problem with mindfray. I guess it takes one damage off of ethereal Psi Lance and Rift, but both of those scale damage based on willpower as far as I understand.

Wouldn't this thing be a lot more useful if the 12 will got you just 1DR across the board?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Deuce posted:

The Psi Screen item in long war seems useless based on its description. Lose 12 will to gain 1DR vs Psi? So, what, mindfray doesn't do its one point of damage? The damage isn't the problem with mindfray. I guess it takes one damage off of ethereal Psi Lance and Rift, but both of those scale damage based on willpower as far as I understand.

Wouldn't this thing be a lot more useful if the 12 will got you just 1DR across the board?

It does give one DR across the board.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

The Iron Rose posted:

It does give one DR across the board.

So it's the description that needs fixing. Thanks.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I've always been a little weirded out by MEC troopers' robo-voices, considering they're still human and all, just... missing limbs.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Colapops posted:

I've always been a little weirded out by MEC troopers' robo-voices, considering they're still human and all, just... missing limbs.

Also torsos.

edit: I've got an Overseer contact with its mission listed as Retaliation. Inbound for Nigeria.

wtf mate?

Deuce fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 20, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Colapops posted:

Yeah, I hate that.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Colapops posted:

You know, considering that there's voice pack mods, I wonder if it's possible to make a mod that changes all the MEC voices back to regular ones.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Deuce posted:

Also torsos.

Pretty sure their torsos are still intact.

I like to think the troopers are having the time of their life pretending to be giant robots instead of just giant cyborgs. Basically they're larping while murdering aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I've always viewed it as doing the right thing and putting a helmet on them. You are hearing em through suit speakers rather than direct voice.

So, Im playing dynamic war long war. WTF is with weapon fragments all of a sudden? I hit plasma/titan level research, and suddenly everything is taking 75+ fragments to research. Vahlen is sitting on her butt waiting for parts. Ive got like 2000 elerium and alloys, but weapon fragments are suddenly in deeply short supply, to where I'm going to have to play for another 2-3 years in game to get research done.

• Locked thread