Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Until Russia figures out how to make guild chat work in the year 2015, you must select between two evils: pubbie groups or goon voice chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Mumble has never worked well with my headset, so I am doomed to drift endlessly through the waters of pug.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Melanion posted:

-I really think this game would benefit from a TSW-style gatekeeper to make sure you at least have a baseline level of competence in a given role before you join a 5-man as that role. DPS would have a trash pack that had to be AoE'd/CC'd before they instagib you followed by a boss with multiple OHK telegraphed attacks. Oh, and adds during the boss that have to be killed or they heal him/make him invuln or something.

Do you remember how much pub rage there was over that gatekeeper? They already have enough people pissing and moaning over the weekly spark caps system. The gatekeeper will just cause a worthless inferno.

Just expect that everyone is loving terrible and get in mumble to try to form something up. The guild chat thing they claim that "A few people are experiencing" is something they said they were gonna fix today with this server downtime. Maybe talking in guild chat will be better for you lowlifes that can't bear speak with their face holes over the internet.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Thanks to people queuing and changing classes, I ended up in a group with 2 tanks and 3 dps, so I switched from Pally to Lightbinder because I'd fully unlocked it a week ago and drat is it a cruisy role. Just bum around, throw shields on tank and predict needs for damage mitigation and occasionally turn into an erupting ball of light.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All these mmos would be great if it wasn't for the other players.

We should all go dust off our PS2s and play .hack games is the general jist of what all of you are bitching about.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Morglon posted:

I will totally leave bad groups as a tank but group content is different from adventures. Adventures you should always solo and group content you only do for order poo poo, otherwise it's pretty pointless. You see, group dungeons only give you purple amulets and purple and blue amulets are often worse than greens for many classes since it give you a lower bonus than greens but to two things when often it's preferable to get the higher bonus to one thing greens give you and the higher stamina on blues and purples is never actually worth it. So yeah, never do group content unless it's for order stuff, never pug adventures because you can solo them. For purple weapons and offhand poo poo you have to do guild distortions anyway, purple rings you get from order missions you unlock from the god form atlas so yeah.

^Edit: Space Zamboni looks cool but is not actually worth it. You get a free mount when you buy any amount of argents for real money so throwing in the lowest possible amount is probably a good idea.

I'm pretty sure purples give the same bonus as greens at that tier.

Regardless, plenty of classes do want more than one bonus. See Warlock. I'd rather use Explosion of Darkness + Murder of Crows or Explosion of Darkness + Living Helper than a better Explosion of Darkness bonus.

Even Berserker, which has the worst loving amulets, would still want Crushing Throw + Leap for PvP more so than just a better Leap bonus.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
The only enjoyable way to do MSM is to have someone twice your prestige carry you in their strong muscular arms. 37k zerker blew through an MSM started by a 12k in under 20 minutes and for the first time since I started I managed to reach cap on sparks of insight, good feels, productive evening.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Liberatore posted:

I'm pretty sure purples give the same bonus as greens at that tier.

Regardless, plenty of classes do want more than one bonus. See Warlock. I'd rather use Explosion of Darkness + Murder of Crows or Explosion of Darkness + Living Helper than a better Explosion of Darkness bonus.

Even Berserker, which has the worst loving amulets, would still want Crushing Throw + Leap for PvP more so than just a better Leap bonus.

Yeah but is it worth the effort of getting them compared to greens that will get you by just fine and take a fraction of the time to get? Also I am fairly sure that all the purples I got had a lower bonus than some of my greens but I'd have to check since I haven't really done much grouping in a while. Also there's the fact that it's much harder to get good purples than good greens since you need to roll the two things you need instead of just one of two things, which doesn't apply if the bonus to one thing is the same as it is on green since at worst one of the stats doesn't do anything for you and you still get free stamina but again, I don't think it is.

Depending on how much you play you could look at replacing those every day as you gain proficiency slowly over the week when you could be spending your time much better. Add to that the fact that adventures are much more easily scalable and made to give you what you want. Unless you have a pre-made group you're stuck on doing the dungeon on normal which might not even get you anything usable because it's easy to lag behind or get ahead in prestige.

As for grouping we do have an IRC channel and a Steam group we seemed to need right the gently caress now shortly after launch but nobody uses that could easily be used to get groups going if people were to actually use them. My experience with mumble so far has been that it's sort of fun to hang out in but usually when you ask for a party you get a few people each wanting to do different dungeons and everyone of them ending up pugging by themselves. I can count the amount of times I have actually gotten a group on one hand, even guild chat did more for grouping when it was working from time to time.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Drinkfist posted:

All these mmos would be great if it wasn't for the other players.

Change the forum name to this

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Thread popped up on oforums about an update to russian servers that allows you to Choose you sparks reward at the end of an instance rather than having a set colour. Also shows an interface option for finding symbols easily on the atlas.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's pretty neat but they have bigger problems. Their latest patch to fix guild chat has again failed to fix guild chat for one.

Also from what I'm reading on the forums you should save your credits, argents, holy texts for the racing and police events since those will have order missions for dual spec and something else you absolutely need to finish during the event or you don't get it and it might involve a lot of rushing missions.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Drinkfist posted:

They already have enough people pissing and moaning over the weekly spark caps system.

Maybe I'm just still too low in prestige or not playing enough but I haven't even come close to capping sparks. Were you guys capping sparks week one?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Capping sparks is very easy, takes a few hours. Took me less than six this week but even early on it should be very doable in 12 at the most if you do the side objectives, catch a bonus here and there and don't pug.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I basically do whatever dungeon has the 2x or 3x adventure first and if not, I run whatever I need. I always do the side objectives. It still takes me the prescribed time and assuming I get (on average) 200 sparks for a 20 minute clear that's still only 600 an hour and in 6 hours, only 3600 sparks for me. I'm at 5.5k prestige and not really sure what else I can improve right now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Morglon posted:

That's pretty neat but they have bigger problems. Their latest patch to fix guild chat has again failed to fix guild chat for one.

Also from what I'm reading on the forums you should save your credits, argents, holy texts for the racing and police events since those will have order missions for dual spec and something else you absolutely need to finish during the event or you don't get it and it might involve a lot of rushing missions.

People bring those events up frequently as P2Win events and for the Russian server, it's pretty accurate. The devs have stated that they are looking to implement those on US servers in a different way. So we may not need to be concerned about rushing those.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Lawlicaust posted:

People bring those events up frequently as P2Win events and for the Russian server, it's pretty accurate. The devs have stated that they are looking to implement those on US servers in a different way. So we may not need to be concerned about rushing those.

I don't know about that it's just something I read and thought might be handy to know about in advance just in case. Also loving hell, finally new costumes, it's just the one but I'll take it.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Morglon posted:

Dual spec as in have two setups for a class? Like switching talents, symbols, and skills for pvp and pve?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, that kind of dual spec. It lets you switch between the two without having to pay.

And other rewards from those events were an item that lets you have two active chapels in one province, and the absolute fastest mount in the game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Couple of Announcements for you all.

-First off the current patch has busted the daily rewards in the hall of greatness. They said they ran into a bug and disabled it.
-Second they continued to dick up guild chat which is what the patch was intending to fix.
-Third there is hundreds of players trapped in a single pvp 10v10 map. https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55d47c1d3798f86a868ccd4b

But there is great loving news people! They added a hot summer outfit to the store!

I am now going to say that guild chat is never coming back and was a myth to begin with. I am going to say that our best course of action is to launch the game though steam by adding the launcher as a non steam game and joining the Skyforge goons Steam Group channel. This way we have some hosed up way of using a guild chat without alt tabbing and poo poo.

Someone did set up an IRC channel some time ago so if you all prefer that poo poo over the steam group then hoot and holla so we can pick our favorite poison.

FINALLY.

DONATE TO THE loving GUILD.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Russiagame has some pretty fun bugs.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Schubalts posted:

Russiagame has some pretty fun bags.

To be fair it's both though. I'm still waiting to hear more from the guy fine tuning the jiggle physics. Still wondering if that's actually a thing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

STEAM GROUP URL

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyforgeGoons

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Morglon posted:

To be fair it's both though. I'm still waiting to hear more from the guy fine tuning the jiggle physics. Still wondering if that's actually a thing.

It is when Witches are reporting their boob physics breaking and freezing their boobs pointing up at 45-degree angles.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ca9f5237989a2d6960e32e

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Or #godawful on synirc. Join and come talk to me and there's two other people now dunno they don't say much.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Schubalts posted:

It is when Witches are reporting their boob physics breaking and freezing their boobs pointing up at 45-degree angles.

This is gold

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Schubalts posted:

Amazing.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I basically do whatever dungeon has the 2x or 3x adventure first and if not, I run whatever I need. I always do the side objectives. It still takes me the prescribed time and assuming I get (on average) 200 sparks for a 20 minute clear that's still only 600 an hour and in 6 hours, only 3600 sparks for me. I'm at 5.5k prestige and not really sure what else I can improve right now.

you can easily cap out on colored sparks in a few hours.

side objectives are fine as long as it doesn't take you more than a minute or two to actually do them. it's almost never worth backtracking to find a hidden cache or wiping so the mobs reset and you can kill them all at the same time.

Particles of Mastery are the main draw to side objectives, but you'll reach a point where the benefits really aren't worth the effort, especially since you will never be able to actually afford the credit cost to take full advantage of the rank up

I ignore 2x because most promo classes suck to just playing my normal classes. I pick the longer missions (any 20+ except avesten tower) because the longer ones give you much more sparks and don't actually take much longer than the short ones

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

lewtt posted:

I pick the longer missions (any 20+ except avesten tower) because the longer ones give you much more sparks and don't actually take much longer than the short ones

And you basically just do them over and over until you hit colored spark cap for the week?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Do them over and over is kind of not a thing with higher Prestige. You do adventures over and over until you don't want to anymore or are done but you got a nice variety going. You can also do some of the open zones, if memory serves you still get sparks for killing the bosses, just not the end zone rewards after the first time so there's plenty of ways.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I was sick though an unfortunate amount of last week and got almost no playing done, so I'm about 20k from cap now. This is intolerable. Who wants to meet up on Thursday evening and plow through crap for sparks?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Ahaah everyone click on this

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I like how someone posted the easy fix of mounting and dismounting and then their mod tells you do a system clean, re-verify client files and then default your graphics.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Morglon posted:

Do them over and over is kind of not a thing with higher Prestige. You do adventures over and over until you don't want to anymore or are done but you got a nice variety going. You can also do some of the open zones, if memory serves you still get sparks for killing the bosses, just not the end zone rewards after the first time so there's plenty of ways.

This is what I figured, I guess all the people saying it takes very little time to cap have higher prestige and can optimize for the best adventures and stuff.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Schubalts posted:

Dem titties. Skyforge, more like fuckforge.

Jimbosaurus fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 19, 2015

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.
Somebody worked up a new proficiency spreadsheet for finding best places to get your gear based against prestige. Think I prefer this one to the previous shared doc

http://sf.karamfils.com/proficiency.html#?prestige=&proficiency=725-818

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Autarkeia posted:

Somebody worked up a new proficiency spreadsheet for finding best places to get your gear based against prestige. Think I prefer this one to the previous shared doc

http://sf.karamfils.com/proficiency.html#?prestige=&proficiency=725-818

Was all of that really necessary just to say "Pick Impossible-rank missions?"

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Not always. Depending on how you spent your sparks/how leveled your temples are, 'Impossible' might grant you items that have a higher proficiency requirement.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah unless you completely ignore your order, impossible will drop higher than you can equip by 10-15k if not sooner.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
Choose my fate!

I unlocked Kinetic last week after I realized I wasn't going to make it to Gunner. This week, I still wont make it to Gunner, I'll be about 2k short of sparks. Should I work on unlocking gunner or warlock? I'm 14k sparks away from Warlock and 12 sparks away from Gunner. This week I plan on unlocking Ultimate Strength and then maybe leveling up Paladin to get the symbol. I have a feeling Warlock will be the better choice over Gunner but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

How in the hell do I swap out powers? I've got Supernova, but Quasar refuses to allow it to exist

• Locked thread