Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Freal?

poo poo, PCOS, you might have just saved me $75.

Yep just go to the store with item and receipt, don't bother calling and letting them run you through some repair/troubleshooting BS that will only waste your time when they will just give you a brand new one if it's within 30-60 days (I think this depends on the exact item purchased but anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

Freal?

poo poo, PCOS, you might have just saved me $75.

Just remember your receipt

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Just remember your receipt

Don't let those fuckers in GBS call you worthless ever again!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

plain blue jacket posted:

very good choice even if it isn't a bosch. I have a Makita circular saw from the 80's that still works perfectly and is a pleasure to use. Makita is a lifetime investment imo.

All this Makita talk reminded me I had a drill on my Amazon wish list since my old old drill from the 80's my dad once gave me finally died, so I took all this Makita-talk as a cue to finally move it to my cart. Also bought a door handle and suntan lotion so overall not the most thrilling checkout experience.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

davebo posted:

All this Makita talk reminded me I had a drill on my Amazon wish list since my old old drill from the 80's my dad once gave me finally died, so I took all this Makita-talk as a cue to finally move it to my cart. Also bought a door handle and suntan lotion so overall not the most thrilling checkout experience.

Makes for a fun Friday night at least. :heysexy:

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Android Bicyclist posted:

REI Garage sales make me all :signings:

Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX's.

I bought these for a hiking trip in Ireland and they were the most comfortable footwear I've ever put on my feet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, Salomons are now my go-to hiking footwear now.

Left-right on the top row:
XA PRO MID GTX
Quest 4D 2 GTX
X Ultra 2 GTX
XA 3D Ultra 2
Lonely old Vasque Breeze 2.0 GTX (out of rotation since they really busted up my toes one hike)

I should note not all those shoes are mine, but in the garage are my Belleville ACU insulated desert winter combat boot I use for mowing my lawn, Danner Stingers for when I need something with steel toes, and various Nikes/Adidas/Doc Marten/Merrell shoes/boots I haven't bothered to throw out yet.

poo poo, I really am becoming Imelda Marcos, aren't I? :cryingphilippineflagemote:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's excessive.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

they all look the same :confused:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Which pair of filthy brown colored shoes should I wear today?"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

RCarr posted:

"Which pair of filthy brown colored shoes should I wear today?"

The correct response is "The low-ankle sneakers with the black trim." :v:

Unrelated, just got new rotor brakes for my '06 P71 Interceptor. I should sell some of my shoes to pay for the repairs. :(

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Feet like bound hams

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I like shoes and all, but if you have a special pair of combat boots that you use exclusively for lawn mowing, you may have gone a bit too far.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

I bought these for Iceland and they are amazing. Comfortable and waterproof and all around awesome. Look like poo poo though...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Unrelated, just got new rotor brakes for my '06 P71 Interceptor. I should sell some of my shoes to pay for the repairs. :(

Does YLLS still have a "what are you wearing" thread? You should post a shot like this every single day in there.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously why do you own like 20 pairs of shoes, a bunch of which are indistinguishable from each other

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
You could probably replace most or all of those with one or two pair of high quality leather boots.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The correct response is "The gooniest pair." :v:

FTFY

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

XA PRO MID GTX
Quest 4D 2 GTX
X Ultra 2 GTX
XA 3D Ultra 2
Lonely old Vasque Breeze 2.0 GTX (out of rotation since they really busted up my toes one hike)

I should note not all those shoes are mine, but in the garage are my Belleville ACU insulated desert winter combat boot I use for mowing my lawn, Danner Stingers for when I need something with steel toes, and various Nikes/Adidas/Doc Marten/Merrell shoes/boots I haven't bothered to throw out yet.

poo poo, I really am becoming Imelda Marcos, aren't I? :cryingphilippineflagemote:

I can't tell but how many of those are tactical sandals?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I think you guys are missing the most important problem with this picture... There's a power strip with nothing plugged into it :iiam:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

just noticed the 6th pair of tactical shoes :vince:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Scarf posted:

I think you guys are missing the most important problem with this picture... There's a power strip with nothing plugged into it :iiam:

Tactical outlet

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

You could probably replace most or all of those with one or two pair of high quality leather boots.

This. This is the gooniest post.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

kloa posted:

just noticed the 6th pair of tactical shoes :vince:

:captainpop:

Jesus, I cannot stop laughing.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
maybe she just really likes hiking.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

More shoe chat. More shoe shopping.

Momentta Vulc Sala 2

evoSPEED 1.4 NightCat

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tres Burritos posted:

This. This is the gooniest post.

Yes, replacing a dozen pair of lovely ugly boots with two pair of high quality boots is so goony haha good one.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
To quote Mr. Orenthal James, those are "ugly rear end shoes".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some arroyo compollos and it was pretty bad.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I bought some arroyo compollos and it was pretty bad.

Uh. Arroz con pollo? Because an arroyo is a gully.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Yes, replacing a dozen pair of lovely ugly boots with two pair of high quality boots is so goony haha good one.

The unwritten part of that post was, "Yes two pairs of leather boots will last you a lifetime, and are the only footwear you will ever need. I got mine custom fitted at my cobbler for the low low price of $750 per foot. It's important that your cobbler analyzes both your gait and posture as well as the zodiac sign you were born under so that he can better fit the correct animal carcass with your feet. My aura is particularly agreeable with goat hide. It is also important to accompany your boots with the proper maintenance regimen, once a month I treat my boots with only the finest oils in a highly ritualized ceremony under the full moon, some people say the incense is optional but let me tell you, it makes a huge difference."

You can just smell the :smuggo:.

Or maybe I'm misreading it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought vanilla ice cream and root beer on my way home from work and I don't want a root beer float anymore.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

yeah those are once a year foods duh

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Fightin'

Learnin'

Prayin'

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I have a black one in 0.35mm and I love it, once I learned to stop accidentally stabbing my self with the needle-like graphite. It has a satisfying heft to it.

This post reminded me I'm almost out of graphite, so I pulled the trigger on some replacement 0.35mm HB graphite, a suppressor, some chain lube, erasers, and a new folding stock for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Uh. Arroz con pollo? Because an arroyo is a gully.

Yeah sure. I'm a goddamn American. I don't need ta learn nothin' but English and bad English, El Oh El.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought vanilla ice cream and root beer on my way home from work and I don't want a root beer float anymore.

Jesus. Stroke your dick for awhile, then you'll want a root beer float.

Trust me.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
Some music

And some patches for a stupid related jacket:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

That's on my nerdy biker jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

XA PRO MID GTX
Quest 4D 2 GTX
X Ultra 2 GTX
XA 3D Ultra 2

hahaha holy poo poo