Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unfortunately crashes don't record any information about how infuriating it is to share the road with drivers from a given area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well, you see, sometimes a tank and a truck fall in love. And sometimes they have a baby tank. And sometimes that baby tank gets stuck halfway during the birthing process.

You mean like the BMW i8 which is forever birthing a Porsche?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

88h88 posted:

Oh poo poo, now I can't unsee it

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nonedit: Terrible Robot made the post I was going to make. Great minds avatars think alike.

I can forgive the i8 because holy hell is it nice to drive.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Great minds avatars think alike.

I love that movie but all the avatars have made it so I don't know who anyone is anymore!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Nonedit: Terrible Robot made the post I was going to make. Great minds avatars think alike.

I'd love to drive one. Assuming it was good times and I could afford one, on purchasing it I'd have the Porsche painted the same colour as the rest of the car. Dude that pointed it out to me was a dick. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

I'd love to drive one. Assuming it was good times and I could afford one, on purchasing it I'd have the Porsche painted the same colour as the rest of the car. Dude that pointed it out to me was a dick. :v:

gently caress that, i'd put a porsche badge on the porsche bit, ruin everybody's day.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

gently caress that, i'd put a porsche badge on the porsche bit, ruin everybody's day.

Why didn't I think of that?! Amazing.

With or without a timbo badge?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

Why didn't I think of that?! Amazing.

With or without a timbo badge?

It would have to be a timbo s

Hair Is Spiders
Aug 15, 2015

by Ralp

This is not terrible. This is beautiful.

88h88 posted:

There is a Buster Posey joke here just waiting for someone.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Ghost Farts posted:

No, that's just an image Germany likes to maintain. Actually, people are distracted by their phones all the time, are overly aggressive or seemingly blind or just plain slow but weirdly insistent that they are right and you are wrong. This is even worse during the weekend.
Just about the only thing people rarely do here that's seemingly a regular thing elsewhere is eat during their commute.

Not to mention the sheer volume of eastern european plated trucks doing whatever they drat well please (that Top Gear where they went to Germany with the Sierra Cosworth, M3 and old Mercedes seems fairly accurate in my experience).

Also Germans travelling to other European countries are a nightmare - I can't count how many X5 and Q7 driving German morons I ran into in France travelling at autobahns speeds on 130km/h French motorways)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Kanish posted:

Is there anywhere anyone has ever been ever and thought "man drivers around here are great"

everyone sucks at driving but me

Nebraska drivers are actually loving amazing at left lane discipline. Signal, into the left lane, pass, signal, and back out. Every time. I was blown away when we drove through NE on the way back from Colorado.

I guess that happens when you have a two lane highway that goes straight for hundreds of miles, everyone has been behind That rear end in a top hat enough to remember to not be That rear end in a top hat.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess the Russians are trying their best to hide their tanks from Brown Moses

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Wheel spacers for sale on a local car FB group
:stare:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

PhoenixWing posted:

Super light weight mod!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Terrible Robot posted:

Oh poo poo, now I can't unsee it

gently caress, me neither.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

DiggityDoink posted:

I love that movie but all the avatars have made it so I don't know who anyone is anymore!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't think there's a better sports car on sale right now, as long as you don't want to take it on track.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

PhoenixWing posted:

:chloe:

I threw up in my mouth a little.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

davebo posted:

I've only ever known him to drive his Batman-themed Lambo so when the article said "custom Batmobile" at the top I just assumed they meant customized. They didn't have a single photo of the custom one, but here's one:

Now it's terrible car stuff because that new Batman outfit with the old school car is totally non-canonical. Would be interested to know what the donor car was. I tried filtering out articles from the past month but didn't see any specifics on google.

Our local "shock jock" has a Batmobile that he talks about on-air now and then. It's built on a late 70s Lincoln chassis (I want to say Continental?) and has a 460, and claims that chassis was the most common donor, but several other full size body on frame cars were used. There were several companies doing the conversions back then until DC stepped in and said "hi would you like to meet our lawyers?".

He has several movie-themed cars in his collection. He actually owned a shop at one point, but closed it down something like 10 years ago.

GutBomb posted:

Sears is loving cheap and always packed here. I bought a bunch of tools and garage stuff dirt cheap and if it breaks it gets replaced for free. A lot cheaper than harbor freight.

The one second closest to me doesn't have poo poo in their tool section, just a lot of empty shelves. :smith: They had a couple of floor jacks and ramps last time I was there, the tools were pretty much gone.

Actually that kind of went for the entire store.

The closest one isn't much better, except they actually have a few TVs and appliances on display

The modern version of The Blues Brothers.

How the gently caress did everything else fall out? Did he intentionally unbolt the subframe first?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Edward IV posted:

Everything I've read here makes central New Jersey, particularly south-central, sound not too bad. Everyone may drive ridiculously fast and the road layout can be poo poo but you don't see too much stupid stuff going on. I usually have to watch out for out of state plates, especially New York and Pennsylvania plates, because they drive too slow, disrupt the flow of traffic, and more likely do stupid stuff. I wouldn't say it's perfect but it beats diving in New York City and Long Island.

The dumbest thing I've seen this year was on the Garden State Parkway when a car with New York plates cut across a grass median to go from the express lane to the local lane because the express lane was backed up with traffic. I laid hard on the horn as I passed him while he was still on the median. Of course after a mile, traffic in the express lane cleared up so he cut back across. :downs:

Yup. PA drivers come over here and sit in the left lane doing 5 under the limit.

And don't get me started on these guys stopping in traffic to make left turns where the sign says "no left turn." Learn to use the jughandle.

This is all I have to say about people from New York coming around here:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Two different trucks, two different APC's: this looks like standard procedure(ish).

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

All I can see is a corkscrew ramp and a Russian army private taking a shot of vodka and saying "Hey tovarisch, watch this!"

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

some texas redneck posted:

How the gently caress did everything else fall out? Did he intentionally unbolt the subframe first?

Its either staged or the entire front clip of that car was being held on with old chewing gum.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Fiberglass film prop maybe? Still a hell of a loading job even if it is.

I'm guessing a lot of moving boards on the bed and a winch inside.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011

PhoenixWing posted:

My first thought when I saw this was "Huh... aluminum bolt circle template."

Then I saw the descpription. :stonk:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

jamal posted:

Simple. Lay trailer on ground sideways, drive right in.
I beat you to it :P

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

They laid the truck on it's side and drove it in.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

But how do you get the truck upright afterwards? The sides and tops of most trailers are fragile and non-load bearing. If you tried to tip a trailer upright with something like that supported by the walls it would rip right through them.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i am an robot what are jokes

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, they likely unload it by driving really fast in reverse and slamming on the brakes.

To load it you just do the exact opposite. simple.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

They've been taking lessons from Toronto apparently: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/truck-driver-facing-5-more-charges-in-burlington-skyway-crash-1.2045378

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

Well, they likely unload it by driving really fast in reverse and slamming on the brakes.

To load it you just do the exact opposite. simple.

I see it being more like that hay bale truck gif from a few years ago.

E: it was cotton bales and

MrChips fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 21, 2015

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MrChips posted:

I see it being more like that hay bale truck gif from a few years ago.

E: it was cotton bales and

I'm suddenly in the mood for a giant Twinkie.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Huh. Never seen cotton modules that looked like that before. Usually they're big giant bricks of cotton that just barely fit in the loader bed, blowing cotton all over creation because the alcoholic on day 30, hour 16 of 20 didn't give a poo poo about how tightly the module was packed and just wanted to go home and get his 4 hours of sleep, and the illegal immigrant driving the module truck didn't bother to tarp the thing like he was supposed to.

Bad old Slaton, TX, a town with no real reason to exist.

e. research says it's some expensive thing from John Deere that no cotton farmer I know would spend money on - but all the secondhand equipment bought by the cheap fucks I know had to come from somewhere, I guess.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 21, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Linedance posted:

I'm suddenly in the mood for a giant Twinkie.

Popular culture led me to believe twinkies are amazing bundles of deliciousness. Then I actually tried one.

You cunts actually eat that poo poo??

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Not more than once or twice. I don't think anyone knows why they exist.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Popular culture led me to believe twinkies are amazing bundles of deliciousness. Then I actually tried one.

I have never in all my years known anyone to eat a Twinkie.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

I have never in all my years known anyone to eat a Twinkie.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I think I may have had one as a kid. I don't know who eats them either. I suspect that it's the same twinkies from 30 years ago on the shelves, they just change the box around them every now and again.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Slavvy posted:

They are awful and I think I may've eaten as many as 10 in my >30 years of life. People who like Twinkies may also be people who prefer Spam over real meat,, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Twinkies are great and I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to see them being disparaged in such a manner.

Seriously, they are a touchstone of my childhood in the 60s and 70s and I actually like them. I don't think that there is anything nutritive or vaguely food like about them however.