Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

PleasureKevin posted:

um, last i checked it was based on ubuntu
nope, they use portage and a vanilla kernel with their own modifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Smythe posted:

chromeos is freakin ownage

your frequency of horribly wrong opinions is starting to worry me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

your frequency of horribly wrong opinions is starting to worry me

It's perfect for casuals, contards, neurotypicals, and noobs. It's epic.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i wonder how project ara is doing

oh.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

oh.

I assume this means they'll need to add even more material dedicated to holding the modules in place

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

I assume this means they'll need to add even more material dedicated to holding the modules in place
it will probably require some kind of case, but even that's no guarantee that the blocks won't shift or break

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

translation: "poo poo poo poo poo poo what else do we have, oh god oh no"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a signature experience of using a coin to tighten some plastic friction bolts

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
did unifi ever came out with a good 80-160mhz 5ghz ac ap with mimu and beamforming?

also beamforming is probably the best thing that happened to 5ghz and give it as good of a range as the 2.4ghz without all that interference

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

a signature experience of using a coin to tighten some plastic friction bolts

no, they'll include a branded guitar pick to tighten the plastic friction bolts and nerds will cream themselves over it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

it's understandable that they couldn't have done feasibility testing years ago. I mean, you need a lot of specialized equipment to stick magnets together and drop them from chest height

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Snapchat A Titty posted:

pretty soon we're gonna have to obfuscate our speech like a goddamn captcha. switching languages & pronouncing poo poo weirdly

gibson writes our future grim cyberdystopia yet again

looking forward to the printed android phones though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

pretty soon we're gonna have to obfuscate our speech like a goddamn captcha. switching languages & pronouncing poo poo weirdly and using ambiguous grammar, or be super vague at all times

that thing wiht the other things u know

nah, just use one-time pads for everything

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

another google shutdown lol

http://recode.net/2015/08/19/google-express-plans-to-shut-down-its-two-delivery-hubs/

Google Express, the search giant’s same-day delivery service, is shutting down its two delivery hubs in San Francisco and Mountain View, Calif., according to sources.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

duTrieux. posted:

oh.

the idea of a phone that breaks into 20 little pieces when you drop it sounds hilarious and i cant wait for the epic vids

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

the idea of a phone that breaks into 20 little pieces when you drop it sounds hilarious and i cant wait for the epic vids
making something thats full of modules that you click together as needed barely makes sense for something like a desktop computer or rackmounted server

using it to make something that you carry around all day and slip in and out of your pocket or purse and pick up and put down and manipulate in your hand is just loving hilarious

somewhere in the afterlife stebe jorbs is laughing his rear end off

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cremnob posted:

another google shutdown lol

http://recode.net/2015/08/19/google-express-plans-to-shut-down-its-two-delivery-hubs/

Google Express, the search giant’s same-day delivery service, is shutting down its two delivery hubs in San Francisco and Mountain View, Calif., according to sources.

no wonder my neighbors all switched to amazon fresh or w/e

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive seen the amazon fresh van like twice and im in a test market or w/e

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
you should try it out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont haev prime #ppverty #fail

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
don't you have free trials? i'm on my second free prime trial

which i have already setup to not convert to a paid sub because lol prime is terrible in canada

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

i dont haev prime #ppverty #fail
do your parents or sister have prime smythe? there are ways to share prime across families

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

don't you have free trials? i'm on my second free prime trial

which i have already setup to not convert to a paid sub because lol prime is terrible in canada

drat. fail

FMguru posted:

do your parents or sister have prime smythe? there are ways to share prime across families

the lot of em. fuckers.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FMguru posted:

there's also a thread for this

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they just changed the prime sharing rules so that if you share free shipping with someone (and only one other person iirc), they have access to your cc info. old sharing accounts are grandfathered but can't add anyone else

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

theflyingexecutive posted:

they just changed the prime sharing rules so that if you share free shipping with someone (and only one other person iirc), they have access to your cc info. old sharing accounts are grandfathered but can't add anyone else
lmao

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i buy local produce and i walk to the store or famers market to get it like a normal person

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

i buy local produce and i walk to the store or famers market to get it like a normal person

:hfive:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PleasureKevin posted:

our complex has in-unit washer/dryers yet that doesn't keep my neighbors from using a laundry delivery service

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

someone in the prime sharing thread didn't know about the grandfathering and removed everyone from the account. one of the guys wrote a really really pissy post about it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i do my laudery in the big washer dryer at work we use for costumes #epic_savings

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
"hey who threw all the costumes from les miserables in the washer it took me hours to artificially age and make them dirty!"
"oh wait it's just smythes clothes haha silly me"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

"hey who threw all the costumes from les miserables in the washer it took me hours to artificially age and make them dirty!"

hehe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
that's the only play i could think of with dirty people in it :blush:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

the normal heart

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rofl

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

duTrieux. posted:

oh.

i did not see that coming

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cold on a Cob posted:

cats takes place in like a dumpster or something

rent mostly happens in the mens room at a gay club where neg holes get pozzed

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cold on a Cob posted:

lolm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I haven't seen the amazon fresh truck in like 6 months which probably coincides with when they stopped paying people to drive empty trucks around all day

• Locked thread