Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only thing I know about vanguard princess is that they were really, really good in the early months of Salty Bets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TheRealestMatt posted:

Fun Fact: Liam and I actually recorded an episode of Vanguard Princess, and we threw it in the trash

All you needed to say, really.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

The only thing I know about vanguard princess is that they were really, really good in the early months of Salty Bets

salty bet was all about anime supremacy touhou and melty were also very powerful

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

salty bet was all about anime supremacy touhou and melty were also very powerful

This was before it was ruined with Touhous. Like, early, early salty bet when good AI was god tier instead of who had the most random invincible bullshit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Touhou was nothing compared to meme stuff like Ronald.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dias posted:

The Primal Rage guys in the early rotation were pretty unstoppable.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Speaking of Touhou and loli fighting games, when's Hisoutensoku?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Saltybet was ruined by the introduction of a tier system, sifting out broken characters, and just generally every nerdy fgc thing added to ruin the beautiful, perfect chaos that was OG Salty Bet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Hearing gaijin english voices will only tell them the truth that it's actually all dumb and stupid

giga drill breaker

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

All those people who think dubs are good,feast your ears upon this .

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a good dub, yeah.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Even IF that was a bad dub, which it isn't, how would that prove that ALL dubs are bad?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baal posted:

That's a good dub, yeah.

Stronheim and the Pillar Men sound terribad,tho.
Edit:Jojo (both of them),Speedwagon,and Dio sound fine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VolticSurge posted:

Stronheim and the Pillar Men sound terribad,tho.

The Pillar Men sound fine, lol. I dunno what you're expecting them to sound like, but they're all pretty much what I expected.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baal posted:

The Pillar Men sound fine, lol.

Compare this to this . Wham and AC/DC were alright,but I think they could've gotten a better VA for Kars,like Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a certain show

called Baccano

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Faye Valentine is Rose, I can't hate too much on that dub.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Rodyle posted:

There's a certain show

called Baccano

Yeah,that's one of the good ones. For every 5 "jumping onto White Base" level dubs there's at least one decent/good dub.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That is one of the few times Kars emotes anything other than complete boring monotone and the English VA got it how he should've, hosed he even got the crazy yell right. A better comparison would've been ACDC's crying scene (which was pretty much perfect in the English dub too), because Kars voice in JP is not a bastion of quality voice acting. It's not until the last few episodes he actually gets to do anything more than be a boring tool and Chris Corey Smith did fine in english especially near the end of the fight where he goes loving crazy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,that's one of the good ones. For every 5 "jumping onto White Base" level dubs there's at least one decent/good dub.

Are you actually making GBS threads on MSG's dub, you are actually crazy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baal posted:

Are you actually making GBS threads on MSG's dub, you are actually crazy.

Just because it's hilarious,doesn't mean it's good. Do you want me to change it to "I can see the parachutes"? Because I can,if that fits better.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 20, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is good, there is awkward delivery in a lot of places, but as far as Gundam goes they hit all of the characters well. If you want a bad MSG dub then you go to the movies where there's randomly British Bright, randomly Spanish Sayla, and Steve Blum Char. The latter of which is like the only well directed casting choice in the lot.

VolticSurge posted:

Do you want me to change it to "I can see the parachutes"? Because I can,if that fits better.

Lol, that's such a pathetic excuse, shut the gently caress up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

All those people who think dubs are good,feast your ears upon this .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Compare this to this . Wham and AC/DC were alright,but I think they could've gotten a better VA for Kars,like Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman.

Steve Blum doesn't do anime anymore. I miss Steve Blum in anime. :(

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Steve Blum doesn't do anime anymore. I miss Steve Blum in anime. :(

Me too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Neither Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman do anime anymore and even then I'd still cast them as a number of other characters who aren't the Pillar Men.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baal posted:

Neither Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman do anime anymore and even then I'd still cast them as a number of other characters who aren't the Pillar Men.

Like who? I'm genuinely curious.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The best dub work ever was the dude that did YYH's Yusuke Urameshi in Brazil and he became a pastor so

not really sure what it says about dubs overall but there you go

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Sonic Dreams dropping tonight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sub weaboos

Christ, am I in loving 2004 again

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Oh boy, a third video.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VolticSurge posted:

Like who? I'm genuinely curious.

Not all at once of course, but here

Blum is who I would peg for Jotaro but Matthew Mercer is a less predictable and probably better choice, Hol Horse, Vanilla Ice, Kira, Fungami, Diavolo, Weather Report,
Freeman is who I always wanted to be Dio's voice and if they didn't get him then Seitz was my second which I was happy they got him for, but anyways. D'arby, Abbacchio, and Gyro.

Blum's voice is too gravely for any of the Pillar Men even when he's not doing generic tough guys, their voices have to be smooth and calm most of the time outside of their actual personalities where they show their true colors is usually in battle. Freeman's voice is too powerful and would be better suited for either a heroic character, someone who's flat out loving crazy, or an end-game villain, which I consider none of the Pillar Men either of those things. I felt that Jamieson Price would've been the obvious choice for Wham, but Paul St. Peter was a surprise and the right way to go. I had no idea who'd they get for ACDC because that character is the worst character in Part 2 and has one good moment and hearing Beau Billingslea not do his standard voice for him was a pleasant surprise and also an interesting way to handle the character. Kars I would've pegged for Chuck Huber, because his voice is smooth and light enough for that character, but Kars is also just insanely loving boring and I didn't care who they got, but Chris Corey Smith was also a pleasant surprise because he's almost never in anime these days.

For the record, I loving hate Stroheim's Japanese voice because Eyes of Heaven has a button where you press it and he goes on a minute-long monologue about german science where he screeches at the top of his loving lungs and it is the worst thing I have ever heard. I loved the voice in the anime when he had limited appearances, but oh my loving god it was too much in the game.

Dias posted:

The best dub work ever was the dude that did YYH's Yusuke Urameshi in Brazil and he became a pastor so

not really sure what it says about dubs overall but there you go

I have not heard the YYH Brazil dub but any va who isn't his english one isn't as good.

Yesssssssssssss

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

Anime cast list

Whoa what the gently caress, how can anyone hate Stroheim's voicecrack, hory shee-it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Double post because Sonic Dreams just dropped and it's over an hour long.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Also that intro. :eyepop:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god this intro

RareAcumen posted:

Whoa what the gently caress, how can anyone hate Stroheim's voicecrack, hory shee-it

It's fine when you hear it in spurts like in the anime, in a video game where voice clips are repeated constantly it gets loving tiresome and you begin to realize there is actually too much of a good thing and then the voice becomes annoying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

It's fine when you hear it in spurts like in the anime, in a video game where voice clips are repeated constantly it gets loving tiresome and you begin to realize there is actually too much of a good thing and then the voice becomes annoying.

I thought you were just talking about the anime and that's why I was justifiably shocked.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah that poo poo was like candy in the anime.

SEKAI ICHIIIIIIIIIIIi

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Welcome to the second chapter of the Sonic Adventure LP

http://youtu.be/ciaYKjBxneA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Smoking Eggman is where I officially lost it.