Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Oh gently caress yes, gonna shoot some mans with DukeCh-

:smith:

He's not wrong.

Fibby Boy posted:

Thoughts on the beta:

Things I like

-Maps seem pretty well designed

You didn't see Javes get spawn killed for a full 60 seconds thirty metres away from the nearest dom point, because his entire team was only spawning in a single building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Oh gently caress yes, gonna shoot some mans with DukeCh-

:smith:

awww I miss u scuzz :reject::respek::( sorry bud this game feels exactly like past CODs for all the wrong reasons. They addressed literally nothing that annoyed and turned me off from previous iterations. And from reading the last page or so some of you are as well (hi Macy's!).

Oh well there's other cool poo poo releasing soonish :shrug:

Are you two on ps4 omg friend me

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
The guns feel pretty good but the overall experience is horseshit due to janky controls and claustrophobic maps coupled with terrible spawns and lovely netcode (which may or may not just be a beta thing).

Overall I give the game COD/10, same rehashed garbage but you will buy it anyway.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I've got two more codes, anyone who's missed out before shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

If this game was for 10€ I'd consider buying it, on PC. Why anybody plays FPSes on a console is beyond me.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
here have a code

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

West007 posted:

If this game was for 10€ I'd consider buying it, on PC. Why anybody plays FPSes on a console is beyond me.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

West007 posted:

Will there be a PC beta soonish or...?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

wintrrmute posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lkrGC7flXc

Seems to have a different opinion. Were you ADS when firing?

Ooooooh, so that's how you use the shottie. I was trying to get WAY too close before actually firing. Also I keep trying to slide up to someone like in Destiny but then they just get a free headshot usually. Gonna give this a try after work tonight :getin:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

widespread posted:

Will there be a PC beta soonish or...?

PC Beta starts on the 26th.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

The guns feel pretty good but the overall experience is horseshit due to janky controls and claustrophobic maps coupled with terrible spawns and lovely netcode (which may or may not just be a beta thing).

Overall I give the game COD/10, same rehashed garbage but you will buy it anyway.

The only thing I'm having a problem with control-wise is the aiming. The autoaim is too strong and it messes my aim up. I think I'll do a better job shooting people next week in the PC beta.

Mapwise I like Hunted, but Evac and Combine are too small. Its very easy to camp the spawns in objective game modes.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

awww I miss u scuzz :reject::respek::( sorry bud this game feels exactly like past CODs for all the wrong reasons. They addressed literally nothing that annoyed and turned me off from previous iterations. And from reading the last page or so some of you are as well (hi Macy's!).

Oh well there's other cool poo poo releasing soonish :shrug:

Are you two on ps4 omg friend me

I agree, actually. The direction of everything since MW2 is not to my liking, but I keep buying the games anyway because I am dumb and keep hoping they'll go back to the stuff I like.

At least this one having a beta means I can figure out that this one won't without spending $60.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Somehow the matchmaking is worse than ever. 5+ minute queues before it puts me into a game, and heaven help you if you want to queue as a party.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Scuzzywuffit posted:

I agree, actually. The direction of everything since MW2 is not to my liking, but I keep buying the games anyway because I am dumb and keep hoping they'll go back to the stuff I like.

At least this one having a beta means I can figure out that this one won't without spending $60.

I can't quite place what bugs me about multiplayer anymore, and why I haven't been liking it. I guess that now it seems like there are so many gadgets and mechanics and killstreaks and strong guns that the game really is just a huge twitch fest. All of them have been to some extent, but the maps are just so -small- now. They have huge arenas at the spawn points but then have just two or three corridors that make up most of the ground and are where the fighting takes place.

The originals had some tight corners but at least there was a lot more space. Now it feels just like a corridor and a game of who can shoot first, not best. That means I don't really feel any accomplishment by doing well; the stars just happened to align.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Amstrad posted:

PC Beta starts on the 26th.

Oh poo poo. Not sure if I should start saving and pre-order this drat thing, or focus on more HDD space.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't quite place what bugs me about multiplayer anymore, and why I haven't been liking it. I guess that now it seems like there are so many gadgets and mechanics and killstreaks and strong guns that the game really is just a huge twitch fest. All of them have been to some extent, but the maps are just so -small- now. They have huge arenas at the spawn points but then have just two or three corridors that make up most of the ground and are where the fighting takes place.

The originals had some tight corners but at least there was a lot more space. Now it feels just like a corridor and a game of who can shoot first, not best. That means I don't really feel any accomplishment by doing well; the stars just happened to align.

Yup, map design is most of it for me. The fact that everybody is spawning behind you coupled with the jet pack trend making everybody more mobile rules out any sort of slower/longer-range playstyle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Somehow the matchmaking is worse than ever. 5+ minute queues before it puts me into a game, and heaven help you if you want to queue as a party.

Right now it seems to be completely disconnecting from matchmaking until you close and restart it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'll be on at ten Eastern if anyone wants to party up.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Mister Macys posted:

I'll be on at ten Eastern if anyone wants to party up.

How late you gonna be up? I won't be home until about 10-11p PDT. We should hang for vintage DukeRage™ and Macy's "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?" :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That's MadMadman's line! :buddy:

Mine are, "loving bullshit!" :rant: whenever I lose a 1v1 that I'm dead certain I should've won, or, "Jesus Hitler (loving) Christ!" :smithicide: if it's been happening for an entire match.

Depending on how terrible the netcode is for Primetime on my half of the continent, I'll play until 1am EST. If it's good, I'll go until 3, or when people call it quits.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Mister Macys posted:

That's MadMadman's line! :buddy:

Mine are, "loving bullshit!" :rant: whenever I lose a 1v1 that I'm dead certain I should've won, or, "Jesus Hitler (loving) Christ!" :smithicide: if it's been happening for an entire match.

Depending on how terrible the netcode is for Primetime on my half of the continent, I'll play until 1am EST. If it's good, I'll go until 3, or when people call it quits.

Oh yeah that's right. I got my highpitched anger-voices confused. :rimshot:

Cool hopefully I'll see you on that later - just got a dinner date tonight beforehand.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DreamShipWrecked posted:

We will never again see a map like Wasteland in CoD and it sucks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

CheeseFactory posted:

We will never again see a map like Wasteland in CoD and it sucks.

Yeah... need those tight, close-in maps with lots of little twists and turns...

...for the sniper rifle crowd.

[CALL OF DUTY LOGIC]

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Aphrodite posted:

Right now it seems to be completely disconnecting from matchmaking until you close and restart it.

But...why though...

This works but gently caress

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Call of Destiny with a MOBA 'Hero Character' twist on character creation. Sparrow bow kicks rear end, but idk I was already getting all my itches scratched by the crucible

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't get into a match, just says analyzing match for a few minutes, then lets me vote for a map and sits on the waiting for 5 players screen.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Can't get into a match, just says analyzing match for a few minutes, then lets me vote for a map and sits on the waiting for 5 players screen.

Yeah matchmaking is kinda borked. It randomly disconnects you without saying anything.

On a positive note: HC-XD owns hard and it can drive on walls.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The game reset all my unlocks. :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah matchmaking is kinda borked. It randomly disconnects you without saying anything.

On a positive note: HC-XD owns hard and it can drive on walls.

Been sitting 10 minutes on the waiting for more players screen. :smith:

Edit: Oh hey new error.

Error code a b c d e f g h i jk ------------q-----s

Uhh well ok. :shrug:

Least it gave me the connecting to online service prompt which it hadn't before.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 20, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'll be on in ten. Just got back from a bike ride.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Still sitting on a few codes for this, anyone who wants one PM me, otherwise I'll just post them here tomorrow.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
If you're having trouble finding a match right now, it's because the game is having trouble counting. Better now than on launch day, I guess.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Only nine more hours until download is finished

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
almost wuz gonna buy but i know better

enjoy it for me guys it wont be anything like blackops II

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Mister Macys posted:

I'll be on in ten. Just got back from a bike ride.

Change of plans - work sucks - moved tonight's activities to tomorrow so I'll be home and online in about 15 mins :reject::respek::v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Heads up, the issue with the game has something to do with current people playing and it assumes a lobby is full when it isn't, no ETA on a fix.

You might not be able to matchmake but if someone's in game you might be able to join them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This is definitely a beta, and not a rebranded demo; a bunch of things need fixing in the coming months.
Example: I backed out of a lobby while picking "keep your party intact" or whatever, and it took every pubby in the lobby with me. :lol:

Not sure who said it in the group I was in, but it definitely feels like BLOPS 2 and Titanfall had a baby.
I do miss the boost from AW though; I keep pressing the left stick, expecting more movement...

If they clean up the netcode and spawning, I could see my self buying it again; it really feels like BLOPS 2 with a movement mod.

The default LMG is LSAT level of good.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Holy gently caress the netcode is horrendous if anyone/thing/whatever is lagging :psyduck:

What are we at now? Year nine of cod or something?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

i just play this and think about how much i'm looking forward to the Taken King and its like, sensible spawns and coherent loving netcode :<

bow lady's bow is pretty cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Man saving yourself from dying horribly by wallrunning then boosting feels real good. Also sick MLG Wallrun shots.

add Adeceasedman if you wish to blop3s

• Locked thread