Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This weeks was the best one even. Molly's the only original Runaway in the book though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

This weeks was the best one even. Molly's the only original Runaway in the book though.

You forgot the ship. :colbert:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

The MSJ posted:

Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4

Did she just kick Kraven in the jewels? :stare:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Kraven's Last Nut

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Annie Mae? Are you loving serious?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You do realize that Anna and May are the mother figures in both MJ and Peter's lives right? They clearly named her after them.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

zoux posted:

Surprisingly fun book. The cast is great, even if Molly's the only original Runaway there. Plus you get to see Amadeus Cho reprogram a Doombot to take on the mannerisms of C3P0.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Annie Mae? Are you loving serious?

To save her parents' marriage, she will make a deal with Mephisto and become an Emissary of Hell. She also gets a sweet giant robot because Tony Stark or something.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

OptimusShr posted:

Did she just kick Kraven in the jewels? :stare:

I thought this too when I first saw it but the foot is impacting above his beltline and it's even more dumb

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm too terrified to ask what that means.
Anyway...

Runaways 3

Does Valeria have multiple personalities?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No she's just a 4 year old amoral supergenius.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Majuju posted:

I thought this too when I first saw it but the foot is impacting above his beltline and it's even more dumb

No, she kicked him in the nuts. The dialogue in the next page confirms it.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Secret Wars: Secret Love 01

Squirrel Girl is on a date with Thor

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Namor and Quicksilver is a couple I never thought of and now want to see with all my heart.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RandallODim posted:

Namor and Quicksilver is a couple I never thought of and now want to see with all my heart.

I would read a book of the two of them just sitting around being bitchy about everything

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Imagine the issue where Namor takes Wanda out on a date.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Secret Love

Cage is wrong. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You do realize that Anna and May are the mother figures in both MJ and Peter's lives right? They clearly named her after them.

People will be pissed because the new child doesn't have the exact same name and origin as the old child (MC2 Mayday).

SynthOrange posted:

Secret Love

Grounds for a new Civil War.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
If by "wrong" you mean "absolutely right," then yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Grounds for a new Civil War.

At least this one will have a clear wrong side. Luke is right.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chunky peanut butter did nothing wrong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
You forget the best part Danny's daughter is named Lucy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

Chunky peanut butter did nothing wrong.

Okay let's lay this down

Creamy PB is the original, traditional choice so that is clearly Captain America.

Chunky PB is the newer upstart but not without fans and is thus Iron Man.

This is a JIFvil War.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

But which side will Squirrel Girl be on?

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Mutants sit the conflict out, opting for their hipster Sunflower Seed Butter they get from Trader Joes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

SynthOrange posted:

Secret Love

What I'm getting from these pages is that I need to be getting every issue of Secret Love.

And also that I need real world equivalents of Luke and Danny's daughters' dolls.

Also also Luke Cage is right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Precambrian posted:

Mutants sit the conflict out, opting for their hipster Sunflower Seed Butter they get from Trader Joes.

The Eternals will show up and resent being asked to pick a side, calling everyone involved a real rear end in a top hat for not eating cashew butter instead.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
EXTRA Crunchy :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ooops only chunks peanut butter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

RandallODim posted:

What I'm getting from these pages is that I need to be getting every issue of Secret Love.

And also that I need real world equivalents of Luke and Danny's daughters' dolls.

Also also Luke Cage is right.

One issue

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Precambrian posted:

the hulk is launched into a pizza place

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Opopanax posted:

But which side will Squirrel Girl be on?
Squirrel Girl only shows up to events involving the true nuts.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
IIRC Lightsaber guy doesn't have armor on, that's his body. I think he got burned or hosed up in some major way and had a shitload of implants put in and they opted for the "Hey, let's go with lightsabers!" idea.

He's kinda like, a way more hosed up looking robocop I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #4: Spider-Ham continues to be the best part of this book.

Spider-Ham is also really not that bright:

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Okay, not familiar with spider-verse because I basically gave up on trying to comprehend anything involving the whole Marvel Multiverse because holy poo poo is that stuff complicated, but... How the hell does any spider-themed hero trust Norman freaking Osborne? I'm assuming that's the Norman they're talking about. Does he just not exist outside of 616 and Ultimate which is I'm guessing why Peter and Miles aren't there?

It's just... How the everliving hell do you ever trust Norman! It's not even the Luthor thing where they had a good Luthor who turned evil, ITS NORMAN OSBOURNE.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Plank length?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Say Nothing posted:

Plank length?

Either a typo of Planck length, or about 10 feet, which is surprisingly granular for these boffins.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Verse #4: Spider-Ham continues to be the best part of this book.

Creepy Spider-Ham looks like Pigman from the terrible webcomics of the same name.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Wapole Languray posted:

Okay, not familiar with spider-verse because I basically gave up on trying to comprehend anything involving the whole Marvel Multiverse because holy poo poo is that stuff complicated, but... How the hell does any spider-themed hero trust Norman freaking Osborne? I'm assuming that's the Norman they're talking about. Does he just not exist outside of 616 and Ultimate which is I'm guessing why Peter and Miles aren't there?

It's just... How the everliving hell do you ever trust Norman! It's not even the Luthor thing where they had a good Luthor who turned evil, ITS NORMAN OSBOURNE.

They don't remember him as villain - or at least not very clearly (it's set on the Battleworld), since they only realize something is wrong, but not what exactly. And he spent the first two issues convincing everyone he is a nice guy (I actually thought we might see an Osborne who is). Spider-Gwen is the only one who didn't trust him and bailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm too terrified to ask what that means.
Anyway...

Runaways 3

Isn't Bucky's left arm the cybernetic one? Or is this a weird alternate reality?