Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Krogort posted:

What 3rd upgrade would you take on a Ibuki ? The AA effectiveness or range don't really seem worth it.
At 3mil I intent to dismount it to use it on the Zao later on.

gently caress this ship is a pièce for garbage, it was ok as the T7 Myoko but for T9 come on.

edit: lol it has a lower rof than the Myoko, gently caress the Ibuki
I took the 16% range to main gun mod. I want to stay far away in the Ibuki and this makes it easier. The AA one is tempting but the Ibuki's long range aura is a lovely 18 dps and all I can do as far as AA is use my activated ability.
I'm actually not HATING the ship. Its no Mogami, but its serviceable. I tend to play it safe with an eye towards a good suicidal torp volley whereas in the Mogami I was just carrying the gently caress out of games. Ive only got a handful of games so far, but If I can go 50k in gun damage and then get a good torp volley off, I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

atlanta.jpg

At least the torpedo tubes were fine, which let me finish off a New Mexico later that match. :gbsmith:

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Just applied for SEAMN again

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

El Disco posted:

He got 83 xp for that match. :allears:

Apparently some people think that's what a battleship is supposed to do. When we called one of our BBs a moron for sitting in spawn all round he responded with things like "I WAS PLAYING THE ROLE" and "I SHOT AS OFTEN AS I COULD". :cripes:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I MOVE SO SLOW, SO WHY SHOULD I MOVE AT ALL, HURR DURR?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
lol pubbies are so full of poo poo they think they're admirals in this game.

On IJN cruisers, the Myoko gets an rof upgrade because it has pretty bad gun arcs and a lot less armor.

Ibuki is just a Mogami with extra torps, as far as I can tell. Also doesn't have 155s, if you're into that.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Ibuki is just a Mogami with extra torps, as far as I can tell. Also doesn't have 155s, if you're into that.
It ain't terrible, but its between the God-like 155mm Mogami and the absolutely fantastic Zao, so it looks lovely in comparison.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Applied as GroggyNard and I look forward to whenever they add in clan tags to the game so I can giggle like a moron about SEAMN penetrating eachother below the armor belt.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Groggy nard posted:

Applied as GroggyNard and I look forward to whenever they add in clan tags to the game so I can giggle like a moron about SEAMN penetrating eachother below the armor belt.

You're already accepted. I look forward to, inspecting your stern, if you know what i mean.

I think your rudder is broken.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
• Sank my first Fog tonight.
• Citadels feel sooo good.
• Noticed that the first person to die on your team has a roughly 80% chance to be the one that screams about his stupid loser team and proceeds to spend 20 minutes watching us win and critiquing everybody smugly.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Groggy nard posted:

Welcome aboard thailor! Remember, SEAMN is all about the penetration.. always aim your hot loads for the poop deck and other double entendre.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

cheese posted:

It ain't terrible, but its between the God-like 155mm Mogami and the absolutely fantastic Zao, so it looks lovely in comparison.

Ibuki *is* actually pretty bad for its tier, straight up. It's a Myoko with a worse rate of fire but (barely) better torpedoes. On paper, it sounds great -- Super Myoko! In practice, it just feels like you're playing a Myoko against tier 9's and 10's. They need to either buff the Myoko or make Mogami the tier 9. I'd happily play my Mogami instead.

edit -- speaking of tier swaps, they should switch the Pensacola and the Cleveland while they're at it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

s1ppycup posted:

Ibuki *is* actually pretty bad for its tier, straight up. It's a Myoko with a worse rate of fire but (barely) better torpedoes. On paper, it sounds great -- Super Myoko! In practice, it just feels like you're playing a Myoko against tier 9's and 10's. They need to either buff the Myoko or make Mogami the tier 9. I'd happily play my Mogami instead.

edit -- speaking of tier swaps, they should switch the Pensacola and the Cleveland while they're at it.

Its funny, cuz I'm pretty sure the Mogami used to be the Tier 7 and the Myoko Tier 8. The Mogami is pretty ridiculous, but honestly that's just a side effect of the insane firing rate of 155mms, which is why the Cleveland is the way it is.

Both the Mogami (155mm) and the Cleveland need ROF and HE fire chance reductions to bring them in line. Instead, the Cleveland gets untouched in the next patch, and the Mogami gets a... turret traverse nerf? What?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

s1ppycup posted:

No, it has better armor and gun arcs than the Myoko. Ibuki's actual problem is that it's not really any different from a 203 Mogami.

The real problem is that HE is so powerful that Mogami with 155s is the best ship in the game.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Ok, I applied. I can't wait to share the joy of SEAMN with you guys!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

No, it has better armor and gun arcs than the Myoko. Ibuki's actual problem is that it's not really any different from a 203 Mogami.

The real problem is that HE is so powerful that Mogami with 155s is the best ship in the game.

IIRC the Ibuki actually has worse turret traverse than the 203mm Mogami by 6s.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Ibuki is more or less a repeat Mogami, with quadruple instead of triple torpedoes. It's not surprising that it's mediocre when it gains that little in game (and loses the 155 mm option). I don't know why it has no gun improvements, unless they actually think the torpedoes are enough to justify being a tier higher.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
I've won 14 battles (11 solo) in a row with my Murmansk now. after 71 battles in it I'm nearly at an 80% win rate.

It is absolutely my favorite ship. If you love your Omaha, you have to get one.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
What is the logic behind not allowing more than 3 in a group? Is it really just to make pubbies lose less by creating an environment that discourages teamwork?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Because teamwork is overrated. Any good group larger than 6 or 7 would just wipe the floor match after match.

Of course, they could counter this by making the mm heavily favor putting large groups against each other, but :effort:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Some of the notes in the request to join the clan are gems..

- Hi, I am Copperhound on something awful, can I please have a hot load of seamen?

- I would like to help spread SEAMN everywhere I go. I will put SEAMN in everyone's ear that I play with, and maybe one day I can produce my own SEAMN. SEAMN'S legit.

inkwell
Dec 9, 2005
applied as teamLive to SEAMN a few days ago. whats with using teamspeak over mumble though :P

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I forgot to screenshot it because I am an idiot, but holy poo poo, I just had the Omaha fully click for me. 6 kills, 4 of them other light cruisers who were happy to either show their citadels or in the case of the Furutaka, be so desperate NOT to show his citadel that he drove right into my torps, then a Langley and a New York. The New York had no idea what to do about someone who just drove right at him firing HE and not showing a broadside, then I torpedoed him between volleys and finished him off with fire.

Something like 160,000 damage that game. I have never done that well before in any ship in this game and I am loving keeping the Omaha.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

James Garfield posted:

Ibuki is more or less a repeat Mogami, with quadruple instead of triple torpedoes. It's not surprising that it's mediocre when it gains that little in game (and loses the 155 mm option). I don't know why it has no gun improvements, unless they actually think the torpedoes are enough to justify being a tier higher.

USDestroyers.jpg

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Applied as Midgetskyiver just now. DANKE für SEAMN JA

inkwell
Dec 9, 2005

inkwell posted:

applied as teamLive to SEAMN a few days ago. whats with using teamspeak over mumble though :P

I joined the Teamspeak server, same username as my forums name. whenever someone gets around to giving me permissions to join the bote channel i'll be up for some hot load shooting

Edit: got some permissions, still cant join the boat channel for some reason? just giving me the "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_join_power)" message

inkwell fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 20, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So are bot reports even taken seriously?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

James Garfield posted:

Its the crazy 155s on the Mogami. If all the Mogami had was the 203's, we would be talking about how the IJN cruiser line was a series of solid and very similar playing ships from 6-9 with the amazing Zao at tier 10. Instead you get a let down after the artificially amazing 155 Mogami. Its not like the Baltimore (aka the Des Moines with half the RoF) is an amazing ship either. Actually, the Izumo is garbage too now that I think about it. Maybe the real outlier here is the Iowa for actually being a good tier 9...

Given that they are nerfing the Myoko rate of fire and trying to kill off the 155 Mogami as a thing, the Ibuki is probably more like what they wanted IJN cruisers to be all along.

cheese fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 20, 2015

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

inkwell posted:

I joined the Teamspeak server, same username as my forums name. whenever someone gets around to giving me permissions to join the bote channel i'll be up for some hot load shooting

Edit: got some permissions, still cant join the boat channel for some reason? just giving me the "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_join_power)" message

Done and fixed. :toot:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I usually tab in and out of the game a lot so if anyone ever needs TS permissions msg me there and I'll see it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Nicholas gets way better with the upgraded guns. Also, that USN DD vid someone posted a few pages back really helped. Happy it happened on my 1.5, too.

I also ran into a Pubby Tenryu and Phoenix who basically backed me up the whole time and also shared in killing the poo poo out of people. It was surprisingly nice to meet friendly pubbies who worked together for once. :unsmith:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Night10194 posted:

The Nicholas gets way better with the upgraded guns.

Is that really so? To get those guns you have to get the B hull, which removes one main battery in exchange for some AA, dropping you from 5 to 4 turrets.
The improved guns do grant a 5% ROF bonus. Is there any other big reason no to stay stock?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Evernoob posted:

Is that really so? To get those guns you have to get the B hull, which removes one main battery in exchange for some AA, dropping you from 5 to 4 turrets.
The improved guns do grant a 5% ROF bonus. Is there any other big reason no to stay stock?

It's way more than a 5% ROF bonus. It goes from an 8 second reload to a 4.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Oh wow, I guess I completely misread it then when I glanced over it the first time.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Had an amazing game in my Phoenix. There was a pubby squad of a St Louis, a Phoenix, and an Erie who were constantly talking poo poo when the match started. Turns out they went to the same side as me. Their Phoenix immediately turns broadside to me, and after 4 citadels, he's done. The St Louis decides to stop 2.5km from me, and eats a load of torps. The Erie fails to do anything, and promptly gets sunk. I taunted them after, but I guess they just went to port. Was hoping I'd at least get an angry whisper.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Applied to Seamn as counterfeitsaint.

Has anyone noticed a pretty major drop in framerate since Windows 10? It was fine until I upgrade to "windows 10 drivers"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh god. The Furutaka is every bit as bad as people said it was. It's like the Japanese figured out how to take the worst parts of a cruiser and a battleship and put them together in this shitshow, along with incredibly inaccurate slow-firing guns.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

El Disco posted:

atlanta.jpg

At least the torpedo tubes were fine, which let me finish off a New Mexico later that match. :gbsmith:

Still not sure who figured that permanently destroyed weaponry would make for a fun game mechanic.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Night10194 posted:

along with incredibly inaccurate slow-firing guns.

As much as I agree with you with the Furutaka being a piece of scrapmetal, the guns may be slow firing and slow traversing, but they are not inaccurate.
The bullet velocity and firing arc are actually pretty great and if you take special care to aim for enemy cruiser citadels you can actually get some nice results.

Off course you have to broadside and sail in a straight line for any good results, as the smallest turn prevents your turrets from tracking your target correctly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Evernoob posted:

As much as I agree with you with the Furutaka being a piece of scrapmetal, the guns may be slow firing and slow traversing, but they are not inaccurate.
The bullet velocity and firing arc are actually pretty great and if you take special care to aim for enemy cruiser citadels you can actually get some nice results.

Off course you have to broadside and sail in a straight line for any good results, as the smallest turn prevents your turrets from tracking your target correctly :(

The times I fired it, the stupid things seemed to go everywhere except where I was aiming. But then, I have a pretty small sample size on firing the Taco so far.

What ranges should I be using AP at with this thing? I get the sense they can pen other cruisers pretty easily so it's just a matter of finding the citadel, but against a BB, I have no idea what to try.