Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Add Bostonzombie and we can play some shootymans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Well for a while there we were running with a 6 man goon crew, making GBS threads all over people. Just like old times :unsmith:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well for a while there we were running with a 6 man goon crew, making GBS threads all over people. Just like old times :unsmith:

Playing custom games in BO 2 was my favorite.

18 man rpg/riot shields only on Nuketown was so much fun. I miss playing with goons.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rei_ posted:

i just play this and think about how much i'm looking forward to the Taken King and its like, sensible spawns and coherent loving netcode :<

bow lady's bow is pretty cool though

Hahahaha you still play destiny

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Hahahaha you still play destiny

No judgement here please friends, we all like pulling a virtual trigger so we don't pull a real on our loved ones and coworkers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Add LinKurosawa for beta fun times, I'll probably get it on the bone though.

Finally managed to put some time into it, it feels like a slower AW, like you have the wall run and double jump but the maps don't seem to be super designed for them, and the places you're meant to well run are like super blatant, like wall run here outside of a few areas where you can do it just to traverse.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOLY poo poo I LOVE THIS, loving LOVE the little read-out that tells me my ping and packet loss, like holy loving poo poo I am going to buy this game purely for that.

Outside of that, just the usual complaints, atrocious spawns mostly, all in all not to bad, I can see myself playing it a lot with my friend any bone goon that needs someone to distract people while they get the sick kills.

Rei_ posted:

i just play this and think about how much i'm looking forward to the Taken King and its like, sensible spawns and coherent loving netcode :<

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you seriously just say Destiny and coherent netcode in the same sentence? The game where being red bar renders you almost entirely unkillable in PvP and in PvE it makes the raids drat near unplayable? Seriously?

As for spawns that's true, exodus blue can eat a dick though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

victrix posted:

Holy gently caress the netcode is horrendous if anyone/thing/whatever is lagging :psyduck:

What are we at now? Year nine of cod or something?

Yep. They know they'll just get a poo poo load of :homebrew: thrown at their faces anyway from the dumbs who buy this guy over and over and over and over so they have zero impetus to fix it. :shrug:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Yep. They know they'll just get a poo poo load of :homebrew: thrown at their faces anyway from the dumbs who buy this guy over and over and over and over so they have zero impetus to fix it. :shrug:

AW was the first cod I didn't buy since CoD4. This one may be joining it :/

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are you guys checking the ping/packet loss thing? I have horrendous internet(20 down, 1.00 up) and I didn't have a single issue and I generally have issues with CoD games(Ghosts was unplayable for me.)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Are you guys checking the ping/packet loss thing? I have horrendous internet(20 down, 1.00 up) and I didn't have a single issue and I generally have issues with CoD games(Ghosts was unplayable for me.)

With an open nat.

I mean it's not google fiber or euro speed, but come on. The rest of my party are on similar connections and we're all close to each other geographically.

I can forgive party disconnects and breaks as part of beta (as dumb as they are), but the netcode? This is not a new problem for them.

Curious to see if the performance is different on the bone, this is my first cod on PSN.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Rei_ posted:

Really looking forward to TTK too but the netcode is really bad in Crucible, especially Iron Banner for some reason, it's kind of a poo poo fest, and if someone has red bars then good luck trying to kill them.

Alteisen posted:

Did you seriously just say Destiny and coherent netcode in the same sentence? The game where being red bar renders you almost entirely unkillable in PvP and in PvE it makes the raids drat near unplayable? Seriously?

Yeah pretty much.

But I already prepurchased The Taken King for some sweet weapon unlocks. :shepicide:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 20, 2015

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBfcvJrYg8

They nerfed Stock?? What a weird thing to do. I don't remember it being a problem.

Also all guns can be fired underwater or what?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wazzit posted:

Really looking forward to TTK too but the netcode is really bad in Crucible, especially Iron Banner for some reason, it's kind of a poo poo fest, and if someone has red bars then good luck trying to kill them.

Yeah pretty much.

But I already prepurchased The Taken King for some sweet weapon unlocks. :shepicide:

I'm sitting on TTK till they announce some more details, as it stands I'll have less content to do come TTK and a whole gently caress load of grinding which I'm sick off, having to re-level exotics yet again can also eat a dick.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I love watching my ping swing from ~33ms to 210+ms everytime I get near an opposing player. So hey, thanks for finally putting in a meter that confirms what I've already thought for about 8 games now. :thumbsup:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wazzit posted:

They nerfed Stock?? What a weird thing to do. I don't remember it being a problem.

Might be because ARs get High Caliber, which is like babby Stopping Power (bonus headshot damage I think). I don't know if any other gun classes get it.

Could be some vague effort to emphasize ARs midrange role instead of letting them strafe around corners and clear buildings at full speed while ads.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Jumping on this crappy PS4 beta this evening, and probably Saturday + Sunday morning.
PSN : SpheresOfBadness

I also have an additional two beta codes if anyone needs one (not sure how PM works here, I don't have Platinum if that matters). So I can email em if need be.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah matchmaking is kinda borked. It randomly disconnects you without saying anything.

On a positive note: HC-XD owns hard and it can drive on walls.

The only thing I'm excited about, other than Zombies, is driving a HC-XD up a wall and into a window where somebody is camping.

Are there any hidden tracks for the HC-XD in this game like there were in Blops 1?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
The beta is making my PS4's fan super loud but no other game does this. Is this happening to anyone else? If this beta causes my PS4 to burst into flames then it definitely wasn't worth it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lucinice posted:

The beta is making my PS4's fan super loud but no other game does this. Is this happening to anyone else? If this beta causes my PS4 to burst into flames then it definitely wasn't worth it.

Yep, read a few reports of hard system locks requiring a cord pull too

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Wazzit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBfcvJrYg8

Also all guns can be fired underwater or what?

Stock used to really remove the speed difference between the three weapon classes, making them all play the same.

Look at it more like a stealth SMG buff.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Wazzit posted:

Boo to this change. I can understand why they did it, but I'm not happy about it.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Agreed. I'm so used to adjusting my aim with the left stick.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Seriously considering buying a xbone and xim4 just to play this.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stock is not very useful on any gun now, even Shotguns. I can't say I'm a big fan of any of the changes to weapon handling. Rushing is much harder now because firing your gun from sprinting takes more time (even with the perk that supposedly improves it).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mill Village posted:

Stock is not very useful on any gun now, even Shotguns. I can't say I'm a big fan of any of the changes to weapon handling. Rushing is much harder now because firing your gun from sprinting takes more time (even with the perk that supposedly improves it).

Can't you fire while sprinting with Gung-ho?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Duke Chin posted:

I love watching my ping swing from ~33ms to 210+ms everytime I get near an opposing player. So hey, thanks for finally putting in a meter that confirms what I've already thought for about 8 games now. :thumbsup:

This is why I had to run BLOPS 1 off of the disc and not installed to the HDD; it would go to single frames around other people.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Can't you fire while sprinting with Gung-ho?

You can hipfire while sprinting with Gung-ho, but that's not very helpful.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

victrix posted:

Yeah the game ended up crashing on me at one point. Nice to know I don't need to have my console fixed though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

Yep, got that yesterday. Had another hardlock but the system reset itself. At first I thought it was a heat issue but the surface was cool to the touch.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Seems alright so far based on like 6 games. I'm streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
using a shotgun with the rewind perk is pretttttty fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wow the Sheiva is a real piece of poo poo gun

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wow the Sheiva is a real piece of poo poo gun
I haven't been a big fan so far, says 2 hit kill but I've plugged 4 into the torso without them dropping.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mill Village posted:

You can hipfire while sprinting with Gung-ho, but that's not very helpful.

It's super useful for the Sparrow bow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I haven't been a big fan so far, says 2 hit kill but I've plugged 4 into the torso without them dropping.

Yeah it feels super weak

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Dumping the last of these here, it's possible some of these are either not working, or actually Xbone codes, good luck!
P58J-3ENH-KAT5
FQ2C-QNN3-RDTJ
EJPF-2TNP-756N
A26J-AKN7-6M8C
EJPF-2TNP-756N

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
None of those work for NA PSN.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

None of those work for NA PSN.

It is also legit possible these are EU codes!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Amstrad posted:

It is also legit possible these are EU codes!

Probably that or already taken. Xbox codes will be 25 characters long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

I have reason to believe they weren't taken when I posted them and equal reason to believe they could be EU codes, so!

• Locked thread