Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I am hyped as hell for this game, and I really like making Let's Plays. What would the best way to cover this game be? Community spotlights? I want to record every second of my time with it, but how should I go about constructing an LP thread for it? Or, has somebody already called dibs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Do recorded sounds get uploaded along with the course?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dork457 posted:

No, they apparently get replaced with parrot squawks.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dork457 posted:

From what I understand they just become parrot noises when online.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

OldSenileGuy posted:

So does the freaky skinny mushroom just appear randomly? I saw a video where a guy got a skinny mushroom and then died, and when he restarted the stage that same block was a regular mushroom.

Yeah, it's a % based thing. Mushrooms will randomly get replaced by it.

Also if you put Bowser Jr in the Koopa Clown Car he acts like Bowser from SMW and ducks in before tossing green shells on either side of him. It's kinda ruined by the fact he still chases you like everything else but thought that was kinda interesting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really want to buy this digital but also want the 30th anniversary Mario amiibo. Has Nintendo announced if that will be sold seperatly in North America?

The Kins posted:

Unfortunate but understandable. I was going to put some good surprises in for my friends.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spacebump posted:

I really want to buy this digital but also want the 30th anniversary Mario amiibo. Has Nintendo announced if that will be sold seperatly in North America?

It will be. It's first come first serve though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Kins posted:

So much for my level where you get the Tanuki suit and Rules of Nature plays when you start hitting enemies. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My big plan was to have a level where you start off as Shulk and have some goombas walk at you. As the player jumps to bop the goomba this soundbite plays. and the goombas are set to scream.

rip my dumb joke level.

Edit: Heyy

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 19, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spacebump posted:

Yes, both colors of 8-bit Mario amiibo will be sold separately.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I'm kinda sad that the fly swatter minigame didn't retain the fly death sound (i.e. 'zzzit'). But the opportunity to make/play a whole bunch of new Mario levels makes up for it.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

jivjov posted:

Yes, both colors of 8-bit Mario amiibo will be sold separately.

I just want to know if they're selling the bundle in the US. Should I assume since there's no listing of it by now the answer is no?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

OldSenileGuy posted:

I just want to know if they're selling the bundle in the US. Should I assume since there's no listing of it by now the answer is no?

Yeah, I doubt they'll be adding an extra SKU this close to release.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

OldSenileGuy posted:

I can't promise you anything, but I haven't seen any listings either.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Kins posted:

RIp my King Koopa Kastle level :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This guy is streaming but uh..........................

Edit:

HOW DOES HE JUMP

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 19, 2015

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

What am I even looking at on the bottom

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A majhong piece

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh cool, there's SMB3 style blocks you can get Bowser to smash through. Also this guy looks disgusting but he's the only streamer I've seen so far who seems to understand how to play Mario :shrug:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

Cool dude. I have the same fan.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I lost the little pen thing that comes with the wii u controller and im scared.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

blablablabla posted:

I lost the little pen thing that comes with the wii u controller and im scared.

You can buy replacements straight from Nintendo, and probably at places like Wal-mart and GameStop too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
just use the 3dsxl one

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just use you grease coated fingers.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
I can't touch LCD screens because I hate the feeling of it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AfroLine posted:

just use the 3dsxl one

It's certainly functional, but it won't fit in the little storage slot properly.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Ah its only 4$

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod10883

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Buy an extra 3DSXL to use as a 3DSXL stylus holder.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Toad is upset

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
IGN showed off all the sfx/visual goofs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVC5FL2ZRf0

zfleeman posted:

I am hyped as hell for this game, and I really like making Let's Plays. What would the best way to cover this game be? Community spotlights? I want to record every second of my time with it, but how should I go about constructing an LP thread for it? Or, has somebody already called dibs?

Well, the various editor options gradually unlock after days of play, so maybe you could structure it as a design challenge or something? Like, take requests from people for level themes/gimmicks/stipulations until you've unlocked everything, and then intersperse that with footage where you just play 10/100-Mario Challenge or whatever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

IGN showed off all the sfx/visual goofs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVC5FL2ZRf0

Well, the various editor options gradually unlock after days of play, so maybe you could structure it as a design challenge or something? Like, take requests from people for level themes/gimmicks/stipulations until you've unlocked everything, and then intersperse that with footage where you just play 10/100-Mario Challenge or whatever.

This feels oddly appropriate as Nintendo's answer to Sonic Dream Collection

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Is there a video record system like Mario Kart? I have to show the world my level devoted to various fart noises.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh god I love the super mario boss fight sounds.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Super Mario Maker

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This is reminding me of You Don't Know Jack's weirder moments which is not something I expected to say about a Mario game

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anybody who complains that Nintendo doesn't get the internet forthwith from this game is an idiot dunce and a cad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm really glad Weird Nintendo is back

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lol the guy just skipping any level that makes him lose like 4 times

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Finally, proof that games are art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
So pumped for this. Does anyone know if Boss battles can be done so far as those similar to mario 3 and mario world?

• Locked thread