Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

OP's wife is a sociopath among other things, has deep-seated daddy issues along with your typical Freudian mommy issues, and totally planned all of this. There's just no way it happened the way OP describes unless it had been planned for months before execution.

In addition to being a sociopathic nightmare of a woman who had no business accepting semen into her loins even if there was but a scant possibility she would eventually give birth, she's also pretty obviously a con artist. I'm willing to bet her "family" are a bunch of con artists too, which is why they are TELLING you she's been kicked out and they are all of a sudden glad-handing and helping you out.

Basically, I'm still not seeing how they hear one thing from their ESTRANGED daughter and automatically hate you on her word alone without questioning anything, and then when they realized she was horrible and regretted ever knowing her, THAT'S when it's an automatic, sudden 180 toward helping you out? Like, unless she told them some long, elaborate lie (or truth) about you being abusive to the point maybe you forbid her to contact her family so she'd be stuck with you, I just don't get how they wouldn't be super skeptical about anything she told them after she allegedly just showed up on their doorstep. Okay, so she "made contact" with her half-sister(s)? So what? Unless she started the lie with them, I just don't see the dots connecting.

So basically, what we have here is wife has been planning this poo poo forever, the classic long-con, "makes contact" with "half-sisters" (so even if they really were her half-sisters, making contact with them was probably part of the plan too) and then plays nice for awhile to get your confidence up, and when it's time for execution, supremely fucks you over. She goes to Oregon, you follow her per her plan, but now she's all of a sudden "staying with family" and they "have no room for you." This is all after probably calling your boss at your old job, getting you fired by telling him or her you were planning on quitting, and leaving you with enough of a mess on your own in Ohio. It's either this or she never planned on you following her to Oregon with the kids, intending to dump them with you and vanish like a loving ninja after you'd been fired, because gently caress you. So when you DID follow her, she probably had a contingency plan or a Plan B, and put that into action to further gently caress you over.

Sociopath, con-artist, take your pick, or all of the above.

gently caress.

If this is all true, then OP, you can survive anything thrown at you. Because gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

life is killing me posted:

OP's wife is a sociopath among other things, has deep-seated daddy issues along with your typical Freudian mommy issues, and totally planned all of this. There's just no way it happened the way OP describes unless it had been planned for months before execution.

In addition to being a sociopathic nightmare of a woman who had no business accepting semen into her loins even if there was but a scant possibility she would eventually give birth, she's also pretty obviously a con artist. I'm willing to bet her "family" are a bunch of con artists too, which is why they are TELLING you she's been kicked out and they are all of a sudden glad-handing and helping you out.

Basically, I'm still not seeing how they hear one thing from their ESTRANGED daughter and automatically hate you on her word alone without questioning anything, and then when they realized she was horrible and regretted ever knowing her, THAT'S when it's an automatic, sudden 180 toward helping you out? Like, unless she told them some long, elaborate lie (or truth) about you being abusive to the point maybe you forbid her to contact her family so she'd be stuck with you, I just don't get how they wouldn't be super skeptical about anything she told them after she allegedly just showed up on their doorstep. Okay, so she "made contact" with her half-sister(s)? So what? Unless she started the lie with them, I just don't see the dots connecting.

So basically, what we have here is wife has been planning this poo poo forever, the classic long-con, "makes contact" with "half-sisters" (so even if they really were her half-sisters, making contact with them was probably part of the plan too) and then plays nice for awhile to get your confidence up, and when it's time for execution, supremely fucks you over. She goes to Oregon, you follow her per her plan, but now she's all of a sudden "staying with family" and they "have no room for you." This is all after probably calling your boss at your old job, getting you fired by telling him or her you were planning on quitting, and leaving you with enough of a mess on your own in Ohio. It's either this or she never planned on you following her to Oregon with the kids, intending to dump them with you and vanish like a loving ninja after you'd been fired, because gently caress you. So when you DID follow her, she probably had a contingency plan or a Plan B, and put that into action to further gently caress you over.

gently caress.

If this is all true, then OP, you can survive anything thrown at you. Because gently caress that poo poo.

You're awful.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Parity warning posted:

You're awful.

Thank you, I couldn't find the words needed.

b0bS4get
Apr 3, 2009
OP, you're awesome.

I read this thread from the start, and some of the stuff you've had to go through would've destroyed a lesser man.

It's great to hear that aside from the obvious, there seems to be a distinct positive outlook regarding the kids (and the kids grandparents).

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

I was just taking a shower and thinking about everything, and for a while I questioned everything that is happening as some sort of plot against me and it dawned on me that she has taken my ability to trust other people from me, here these people are looking out for the best interested of my kids, and I am second guessing their actions like they are setting me up for prison. I have always been able to trust people and for better or worse I liked that about me and now I see shadows everywhere. On top of everything shes done to my kids and me. I start the battle for custody in a few hours starting with a call to the courthouse to schedule a hearing. My best hope is that she is out of state and misses the court date and also misses her lawyer payment and has no one there to represent her. I hope that happens.

Did I miss an update after the hearing? What's the latest?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Have you seen the movie Repo Men? R00tn00b is Jude Law, his future ex wife is Forrest Whittaker, and we're 5/6th of the way through the movie before the big reveal that he got captured halfway through the movie, and his big escape and trip to the evil corporation's headquarters was all a big dream sequence while he's lying on the floor with his brain in stasis

Goddamn, they used that plot twist a lot in stuff.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Parity warning posted:

You're awful.

Thanks, it's a gift

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

gently caress.

Paranoia.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Paranoia.

Why are you out to get me?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

gently caress.

Plans within plans.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Geoj posted:

Plans within plans.

It's plans all the way down!

Seriously project somewhere else. This is a happy place where happy thoughts live.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

It's plans all the way down!

Seriously project somewhere else. This is a happy place where happy thoughts live.

the second line is for life is killing me

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

r00tn00b posted:

the second line is for life is killing me

Seriouspost: I am, actually, glad you made it through this okay and are moving on and that good things are happening to you now--and I hope they continue to. Wasn't actually trying to make you feel bad so my bad that I did.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I go to court tomorrow and hopefully get (at least temporarily) custody of the kids. I have never been so nervous before in my life. filling out documents and having to speak to a judge. The only saving grace is she isn't even in the state and has NO idea I go to court tomorrow. I will provide an update tomorrow in the afternoon when I have the court's ruling on the matter. Wish me luck goons, i loving need it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

I go to court tomorrow and hopefully get (at least temporarily) custody of the kids. I have never been so nervous before in my life. filling out documents and having to speak to a judge. The only saving grace is she isn't even in the state and has NO idea I go to court tomorrow. I will provide an update tomorrow in the afternoon when I have the court's ruling on the matter. Wish me luck goons, i loving need it.

Best of luck, keep calm, and make sure everything you say is the truth; if you don't know for drat sure, either say that or don't add the detail. You already have enough weird poo poo, corroborated by her family, that blunt loving honesty is all you need.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
The request to grant custody to me was dismissed, as the kids haven't been living with me for long enough. So As it stands she can come back and take them back at any time. and that is scary. I am working on fixing this but it will take take. In the mean time I just hope she continues to be childish and stays the gently caress away from me and my kids.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

The request to grant custody to me was dismissed, as the kids haven't been living with me for long enough. So As it stands she can come back and take them back at any time. and that is scary. I am working on fixing this but it will take take. In the mean time I just hope she continues to be childish and stays the gently caress away from me and my kids.

I can't understand that. She abandoned them. How can she still have custody? And with her parents' supporting you?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

CravingSolace posted:

I can't understand that. She abandoned them. How can she still have custody? And with her parents' supporting you?

Laws are dumb

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
It's probably a time limit to 'establish custody', right?

But in the meantime you have temporary, provisional custody.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Error 404 posted:

It's probably a time limit to 'establish custody', right?

But in the meantime you have temporary, provisional custody.

In the mean time I have nothing, the judge dismissed the the move for temporary custody.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Fire Barry Zuckercorn, get Bob Loblaw

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

In the mean time I have nothing, the judge dismissed the the move for temporary custody.

Ok, drat, talk to your lawyer and/or ex step dad in law about an appeal or other options. My point though, over all, is keep doing what you're doing. It's slow but you're walking in the right direction.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CravingSolace posted:

Someone will probably call me a trilby-wearing neckbearded MRA for saying this, but this is the bias in favor of the mother inherent within the family court system rearing its ugly head.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Geoj posted:

Someone will probably call me a trilby-wearing neckbearded MRA for saying this, but this is the bias in favor of the mother inherent within the family court system rearing its ugly head.

Just because MRAs are disgusting broken clocks doesn't mean that this isn't actually a thing that happens.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Geoj posted:

Well are you?

more seriously if you want that to be taken seriously you might ask the lawyer who previously posted in the thread if the law here specifically favors women or the primary custodial parent who in this case happens to be a woman.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
It isnt, it has everything to do with her making the first move before i knew what was going on. This has nothing to do with her being the mother.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

andrew smash posted:

Well are you?

No, but that doesn't stop you from labeling me as one.

Clearly family courts are blind arbiters of justice! That's why the mother of the OPs children still has primary custody despite having abandoned her kids and fled the state...

andrew smash posted:

more seriously if you want that to be taken seriously you might ask the lawyer who previously posted in the thread if the law here specifically favors women or the primary custodial parent who in this case happens to be a woman.

Sorry, not being a seriously serious (tm) e/n poster I don't keep records of who's who over 14 pages, could you check your spreadsheet and tell me who this lawyer is? TIA.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Geoj posted:

you seem a little defensive on this subject imo

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

r00tn00b posted:

It isnt, it has everything to do with her making the first move before i knew what was going on. This has nothing to do with her being the mother.

no u see it's the gynocracy,

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Geoj posted:

You got pre-emptively defensive about this and now, after having hung up all those flashing signs around your neck, you're getting defensive when people are noticing.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jonah Galtberg posted:

You got pre-emptively defensive about this and now, after having hung up all those flashing signs around your neck, you're getting defensive when people are noticing.

Could have something to do with anytime anyone in e/n suggests family court could have a hint of bias they get labeled as a woman-beating misogynist rear end in a top hat.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Geoj posted:

Could have something to do with anytime anyone in e/n suggests family court could have a hint of bias they get labeled as a woman-beating misogynist rear end in a top hat.

No one called you anything you whiny birch

Oh well now I guess somebody did

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Ah god drat edit rule :(

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Take this to somewhere not my thread.

January
Jul 5, 2009
OP - what an awesome turnaround regarding your ex leaving the kids with you! This is probably one of the best things that could have happened. I hope your ex stays away long enough, or whatever she needs to do, so you can get full permanent custody of the children. Lucky for those kids, they have a dad who loves them and didn't give up on them even when their mom was pushing him away.

The legal system can be pretty weird. Laws like the one that's preventing you from getting temporary custody may be in place so people can't do something like drop the kids off to be babysat by grandma for a few days, and now when they return from vacation, suddenly grandma has gone to court and gotten temporary custody. Of course that isn't your case at all, but there may not be the leeway to make exceptions based on the individual, even if they're a parent. IANAL, and please continue seeking legal help and documenting everything because your ex sounds unstable.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

God drat I like you and I really hope everything turns out well. Laws around this kind of stuff are just insane because it's just a mass of people trying to figure out what the gently caress to do. I'm sorry it will take longer than expected and cause more heartache. But right now your kids are with you and safe, and that's what's important.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Not gonna lie: I read the OP forever ago and kinda pointed and laughed. I caught up on the thread and am now walking away feeling genuinely moved. You're doing a pretty great job while facing a terrible situation, man.

I'm a fellow Ohio to Portland transplant if you want to PM someone who has been walked all over by his (now ex) wife and learned how to approach myself and life very differently. Like Bill Pullman, there are some similarities in how my divorce went down (though my ex and I didn't have kids) and how I dealt with it emotionally. Unlike some others, I'm not gonna project like crazy but I will offer a sympathetic ear.

I know that "I know she's terrible, but I still want her back" feeling. And I know it fades with time. You and your kids are going to be so much better off in a year or so. It's gonna suck getting there, but things are going to get better. You're on the right path.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I feel bad for the poo poo post earlier. You're still an idiot who got married way too young, but good on you for fixing yourself and putting your kids first.

You'll do just fine.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

Take this to somewhere not my thread.

Seriously you fucktards.

So what's the next step op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Thursday Next posted:

I feel bad for the poo poo post earlier. You're still an idiot who got married way too young, but good on you for fixing yourself and putting your kids first.

You'll do just fine.

I do too for my earlier assessment. You really seem to want to look out for the best for your kids. That's all we really can do. I've really been thinking about you and hoping everything is going well for you. I'm sorry that you are going through this.

• Locked thread