Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Really? It's a Ford, how expensive could it b-HOLY poo poo That's getting into LFA territory. Wasn't the last GT only like 90 or 100 grand?

I think it MSRP'd for like 130k. I had the same thought process. "Well, it's a Ford, and using the Ecoboost V6, so it will be 200k tops. Oh, it will be double that? gently caress off."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hasn't the market on the Ford GT gone the same direction as the air cooled 911, straight into crazy town?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Tommychu posted:

Listening to Propagandhi for the first time. Why the hell has nobody told me about these guys?! loving spectacular music. Also found Tuborg at a reasonable price for the first time in like a decade, really missed this beer. Tasty stuff :denmark:

I've definitely mentioned them in here a time or two, as they are my favorite band. Which album did you listen to first?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

El Jebus posted:

When my dog was hit by a car we took her to the vet on the right. They were awesome, cheap, and our dog came out with no lameness. I also lived just down the road if you turn right at Taylor's Ferry, just past Uncle Johns market with the super lovely pizza. I also worked at that Market of Choice on your left. drat I miss Portland.

Aww drat, we could've been neighbors! I'm moving this month, though, I'm really going to miss this neck of the woods. They're building a poo poo load of houses on the other side of Taylors though, so maybe not (as you go down the hill to the Sellwood bridge).

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hasn't the market on the Ford GT gone the same direction as the air cooled 911, straight into crazy town?

Yup. The heritage ones are going for $400k+ now. Crazy talk.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Flynn posted:

I think it MSRP'd for like 130k. I had the same thought process. "Well, it's a Ford, and using the Ecoboost V6, so it will be 200k tops. Oh, it will be double that? gently caress off."

You do realize that that enine to my understanding shares literally nothing with the other TTV6 right

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, ford sold the last GT for $155k, and now they are selling for $500k.

They're not gonna make that same mistake again.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/ford/gt/all/refine?pagenum=1&perpage=30&sort=price_desc&zipcode=60606&inv=false

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Decided I need a circuit breaker from work before I murder someone so I've taken Friday and Monday off and I'm spending 4 days off camping with a bunch of mates up the flinders ranges.

Tad more upmarket than the usual swag tho, parents own a Kimberley Kamper, so I'm pinching that for the weekend.

Seriously looking forward to it, off early tomorrow morning.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

Well, ford sold the last GT for $155k, and now they are selling for $500k.

Even about 3 years ago the prices were relatively sane floating around $150k. It's insane that a car that is sort of based on a car that beat Ferrari at Le Mans 40 years before that commands such a premium.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

goatse guy posted:

I've definitely mentioned them in here a time or two, as they are my favorite band. Which album did you listen to first?
Now that you mention it I do recall. That's probably why they stood out when I was looking for other bands on Fat Wreck. Started with Failed States because while 'the new one' is rarely the best starting point with a band, it's readily available- the more I get into punk the more I realize that because I was so late to the party there are albums I'm just never going to find, doubly so because I don't torrent or own a turntable. :smith:

some texas redneck posted:

I like your taste in music.
Yeah I'm starting to think that where music is concerned we have exactly the same taste. Like every single time the topic comes up we agree about everything. Kinda funny.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 20, 2015

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
Hey so is there anybody in the Austin, TX area that's willing to go check out a car at a dealer for me? I'd pay you for your time and\or expertise.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I didn't mean to be so prescient with my thread title :(

Good car news at least, my new car has finally arrived after being on a boat, then a train, then a car. Looks like I'll be able to pick it up Saturday.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Computer stuff

I think I might have an extra LCD monitor and/or desktop you can have. Let me know if you're interested at all and I'll get the specs.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

blk posted:

S5 and S6. Audis are everywhere in the rich part of town, more popular than Bimmers and Mercs now.

I have family just down the street from there. I miss Burlingame pizza. Never got the whole story as to what happened to the owner. Just up and gone one day.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Tommychu posted:

Now that you mention it I do recall. That's probably why they stood out when I was looking for other bands on Fat Wreck. Started with Failed States because while 'the new one' is rarely the best starting point with a band, it's readily available- the more I get into punk the more I realize that because I was so late to the party there are albums I'm just never going to find, doubly so because I don't torrent or own a turntable. :smith:

Yeah I'm starting to think that where music is concerned we have exactly the same taste. Like every single time the topic comes up we agree about everything. Kinda funny.

Aww man, you're in for a treat. A lot of Propaghandi's poo poo is out on youtube if you wanna stream it. I'll check our local punk music store for copies of their CDs cuz none of them are bad. Failed States is their latest, but the album before that was Supporting Caste. That's when they dipped whole hog into thrash metal/punk and turned my head a bunch. Before that they had done more skate punk stuff which is still great; How to Clean Everything was my post-college dropout soundtrack and boy howdy, what a soundtrack.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I have a day off tomorrow (gotta work Saturday though) and I'm driving an hour or so to look at/test drive a 2011 Mazda3 2.5 6 speed (hatchback!) with bank check in hand. :party:

I know I was talking about the FiST earlier but I had to take a step back and look at my financial situation and realize that it's not the right time to buy a brand new hot hatch. :unsmith: At least I'm keeping the Miata, and with it not being my daily anymore I can maybe give it some attention.

Cheer me up, AI.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ferremit posted:

Decided I need a circuit breaker from work before I murder someone so I've taken Friday and Monday off and I'm spending 4 days off camping with a bunch of mates up the flinders ranges.

Tad more upmarket than the usual swag tho, parents own a Kimberley Kamper, so I'm pinching that for the weekend.

Seriously looking forward to it, off early tomorrow morning.

The Flinders Ranges are very cool. I remember camping in the Wilpena Pound during my high school Central Australian tour

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I just threw out so much poo poo. Feels good man.

Reminds me... jeep owners who are attending NEAI, come by my place after and I will throw parts at you until you tell me to stop. I am tired of looking at a lot of this poo poo and iForge/Adiabatic didn't clean me out all the way.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Regular use of the ignore feature makes the forums a much more enjoyable place.

I used to think that too, but have since removed them all. These idiots make me giggle, more often than not.

meatpimp posted:

Now there are multiple people stuck in kitty jail because of single-emoticon replies... are we all equal here, but some are not as equal as others?

Nice. I like you. I might let you gently caress my sister.

88h88 posted:

I am also angry about some words on a screen I can just scroll right past.

:bahgawd:

Sold the old house today. :toot: The wifey had her first day back to school, so she didn't have to take the 10 hour one way drive with me. On the way back I hit what I thought was a net full of crab pots east of Biloxi in i10 going 70+ in a spot that was so dark that I couldn't even react, kinda pooped the pants, but no mechanical damage that I could find on the wife's 07 Civic. When I checked it out at the next exit my hands smelled like I fisted a hooker so the crab pots theory is confirmed. Bumper is hosed but functional so whatever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugggggh. Just when I have no extra cash the perfect Cherokee pops up for sale.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

Ugggggh. Just when I have no extra cash the perfect Cherokee pops up for sale.

YOU OWNED THE PERFECT CHEROKEE AND SOLD IT ALREADY

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tommychu posted:

I'm honestly pretty out of date, I discover new music mostly via Slacker Radio (and now Google Play's new radio feature). Definitely not the radio.

PM me a list of your music (just go to your music folder and type "dir <directory> /ad /s > blah.txt" (i.e. dir e:\music /ad > blah.txt) and I'll do the same - that'll generate a text file of every folder in your music folder - you can toss it on pastebin or something and PM the link). I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to. You'll be surprised at some of what I have though, punk isn't the only thing I listen to.

Also, my first concert ever was NOFX. :neckbeard:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

the spyder posted:

I have family just down the street from there. I miss Burlingame pizza. Never got the whole story as to what happened to the owner. Just up and gone one day.

That was before my time, I'm afraid. I think the ghetto Uncle John's pizza is shockingly good for what it is, but I'm down with any super thin crust pizza that's cooked well enough. There's terrible food options in SW in general, but my wife works in south WashCo so we're trying to stay around here for her. We're moving to the most despised suburb in Oregon and the food there is even worse.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ah that's nice, shame its unavailable. But I guess I could drill a quartz mechanism in any old rim I have lying around :car:

Maybe I dreamt it but has anyone seen that revometer clock that basically goes from left to right from 8am? It's a pretty good block to prevarication especially when you get into the red!

MustardFacial posted:

I'm dropping it from ur mom's butt.

Really? It's a Ford, how expensive could it b-HOLY poo poo That's getting into LFA territory. Wasn't the last GT only like 90 or 100 grand?

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're hazing me but if I wanted to read lazy misogyny I'd have stayed in pwm...

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Breath Ray posted:

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're hazing me but if I wanted to read lazy misogyny I'd have stayed in pwm...

Do you really need a "your mother" joke explaining to you?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
No, that won't be necessary. But burns like that come from a dark place so it's important to call them out. I mean feel free to give me criticism but I thought there was a more grownup vibe in here.

Now, who's been driving in France? Going down to a gite on the dordogne tomorrow au famille which promises to be good. Lot of toll roads so nice and quick and the money flies put of your account by magic.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Breath Ray posted:

I'd say that was more victim-blaming than misogyny.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
10,000 kms this year on the bike already this year. Not bad

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Breath Ray posted:

No, that won't be necessary. But burns like that come from a dark place so it's important to call them out. I mean feel free to give me criticism but I thought there was a more grownup vibe in here.

Criticism: A more grown-up vibe also means not responding like this is after-school meeting of "The Sensitivity Alliance presents: Sensitivity Workshop: How to Passive-Aggressively respond to a non-Sensitivity trained [genderless pronoun] who has insulted you with their Insensitivity by implying their failure to conform to your ideas of Proper Behavior makes them a horrible, maladjusted person."

TL;DR: Keep that poo poo on tumblr.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

10,000 kms this year on the bike already this year. Not bad

That is good. I live five miles from work and never do cardio so thought I might run in one day a week. Any tips?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Breath Ray posted:

That is good. I live five miles from work and never do cardio so thought I might run in one day a week. Any tips?

Yes, run with a bike, because they are the same thing.

Nice job, Terrist! I clicked 5k miles, since 2013, a couple weeks ago. I wish I had/made more time to ride. :smith:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 20, 2015

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Put 3k on my SV650 this year :smugdog:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Only done 1400miles/~2200km so far this year on the bikes. It's 95% commuting miles though so I'm on it most days. Only a 10 mile round trip.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

88h88 posted:

Only done 1400miles/~2200km so far this year on the bikes. It's 95% commuting miles though so I'm on it most days. Only a 10 mile round trip.

Hey, same trip here. You nottice any cchanges in weight/fitness? Think running would be better and safer for me.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MustardFacial posted:

You think a 510 would be too heavy to drop a bike engine into?
A bit heavier than most bike engine builds but it would probably work ok with a larger bike engine. Get it down to <2k lb you should be fine.

Comrade Flynn posted:

I was on the GT list until I found out the price.
But it looks amazing. Ditch that dang Lambo and get the GT, it's only money :homebrew:

Adiabatic posted:

Put 3k on my SV650 this year :smugdog:
:( I think I've put ~300 miles on the WR250 this year. I used to average 20k a year on the SV650.

Nissan managed 400hp out of a 40kg engine that they're going to toss in a race car for the 24 Hours of LeMans - http://www.engineering.com/3DPrinti..._pos=0&at_tot=1 Wonder how that will trickle down to production engines.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 20, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Breath Ray posted:

Hey, same trip here. You nottice any cchanges in weight/fitness? Think running would be better and safer for me.

Definitely a lot fitter, it's just become a routine thing now. There have been a couple of occasions where I've taken a week or two out from doing it and when I get back on the bike that first day I feel pretty poo poo. Your base level of fitness drops off pretty rapidly if you stop exercising.

Weight? I've been eating loads more and going to the gym chucking weights around so I've stacked on some timber in the past 6 months or so, but before that I was pretty static and never actually paid much attention to what I ate.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Speaking of bicycles, I get a sick employee discount at my new job which includes 50% off bikes. I'm buying a mountain bike ASAP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my job will pay for a bike (up to $500) and give me $30/wk to bike to work every day, or pay for my public transportation.

shame that where i live makes biking to work impossible and detroit has no public transportation system otherwise i would take advantage of that so hard

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

goatse guy posted:

Speaking of bicycles, I get a sick employee discount at my new job which includes 50% off bikes. I'm buying a mountain bike ASAP.

Speaking of bicycles, that new avatar...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Someone is spending money on avatars when they really should be donating that money to Rhynos PT Cruiser fund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I need to get a carbon seat post. :(

• Locked thread