Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

Rapey and fake but not in the usual way

Also, *something*

Jesus Christ, just take the picture and post it, don't give us this mumbo-jumbo self help bullshit

It's the future, people don't mind if you take a picture of yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wow, that's one hell of a misleading headline and a downright malicious URL.

Gawker is a miscarriage of a news site.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

I, too, send "btw, I did not rape you, right? messages after every hook up. Every hook up.

As another poster said, the humblebrags STDH are the ones that piss me off the most. They tend to be just about not being a lovely person, and just expecting to earn some kind of credit.
Yesterday before I got on the train there was a girl carrying a huge rear end suitcase, so I helped her go up and down the stairs with it; we then shoot the poo poo on the train and exchanged phone numbers.
...OR

quote:

GERMANY - TRAIN STATIONS - KINDNESS - NERDS RULE - MISOGYNY

I was at the train station in [GERMAN CITY] in [GERMANIC COUNTRY] buying a can of [NON ALCOHOLIC DRINK] when I saw a cute petite girl with a Naruto headband and a Dr. Who shirt who was carrying a really heavy suitcase. She stood by the stairwell and looked at it grimly, knowing the difficult task that was now in front of her.
A young man approached her and said loudly
-"Look at this F**** C**** she can't lift for S****. Hey B*** why don't you go back to the kitchen where you will only lift pans, instead of being here, you dumb c****!".
The girl was dumbfounded, and clearly on the verge of tears. But she just said
-"I'm sorry sir, but why are you acting like that towards me? I have not at all disturbed you and I am here simply to continue on my journey"
The man, of course, seemed like a stupid jock, and so the girl's words went over his head.
-"Don't talk to me like that you f*** b*** nerd. Look at your f**** anime sh**. I bet you don't even really watch anime or play video games. You just watch attention!"
By then I was fed up, and approached him. Everyone around the station saw it, and I noticed that some people pulled out their phones to film what, in their minds, was going to surely be a battle for the ages. Although I'm not really fit, I am extremely strong, and I look very intimidating. I wear a long coat with fingerless gloves, together with my trademark steampunk goggles, fedora, My Little Pony Shirt (I am a brony) and cane. Everybody knew I meant business.
I tapped on his shoulder and said "I'm sorry sir, but clearly you are disturbing this lady. If you leave right now I promise I will not seek satisfaction... however, if you decide to stay, I will make sure you suffer."
There was a loud "oooooooooh" from the bystanders. The man was big (steroids and synthol, of course) but he could see the fire in my eyes. Still, he said
"F**** you you f*g. I will kill you and this stupid sl**. No anime, My Little Pony f*g is going to tell me what to do".
It was then that, without skipping a beat, I revealed that my cane was also a sword. As soon as I pulled it out of the sheath the man's face turned paper white and he ran for dear life. Everyone around me start yelling and clapping. The girl just looked at me and said
"Thank you so much... you're a hero"
"No, m'lady, I'm just a real gentleman. Many men have forgotten the real way in which a man should act, but I refuse to let the customs of old die out. May I accompany you to your train so as to ensure you reach your destination safely?"
I helped her carry her suitcase and took her to her train. She looked at me and said
"By the way, I'm Mary, but my friends call me Sakura-Kun."
I was in awe.
"That sounds like something out of glorious Nippon, does it not?"
She smiled and winked.

I took the train with her that day. It's been 5 years since, and we married. We watch My Little Pony, anime, Dr. Who, Supernatural, and have anal sex when she has eaten beets."

Brilliant!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Samizdata posted:

Brilliant!

:agreed: - needed 'inhuman' to be perfect. 9/10

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Props that it's on the back of a receipt, tho where did he get the bits of duct tape

There was a dumberly executed version of this earlier in this thread or a previous thread. In that one the note was folded up taped to the seat (and of course the image of hte note open and readable had no fold lines on it)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That's actually been posted before, except last time it was from the perspective of the other guy, saying how he left it for the boyfriend to find. What a happy coincidence that both men in the situation decided to post about it... in fact, I wonder.....

:captainpop:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Hot from imgur:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

Hot from imgur:

On the one hand, good for you, random rear end in a top hat, to move on.
On the other hand, if you think the friendzone is a real thing, it kind of invalidates the last part of your meme.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Bad STDH! Bad!

quote:

Cat-atonic To Your Pleas
VET | VA, USA | BAD BEHAVIOR, EXTRA STUPID, PETS & ANIMALS
(I’m waiting in the lobby of my vet’s office. Because I don’t own a car and either take a taxi or the bus there, I have my dog’s carrier with me, but I’ve taken him out of it. Another client comes in with a carrier, checks in, and sits down next to me. After a second, I realize she has a cat in the carrier. My dog is not friendly with cats, so I get up and move to some seats on the other end of the lobby.)

Me: *on my way to the far-away seat, big smile on my face* “You don’t smell, I promise. It’s just that my dog is aggressive towards cats, and if he realizes there’s a cat in your carrier, he will begin to act out.”

Other Client: “Nonsense, all pets can be friendly towards each other. They just have to be properly introduced. Come over here; they’ll be fine!”

Me: “Really, I’ve tried just about everything. He really dislikes cats and will try to attack them. Sometimes it’s in their genes. It’s no big deal. We’ll just sit over here and he won’t even realize you have a cat there!”

Other Client: *reaching for the door of her carrier* “Oh, come on now. I watch The Dog Whisperer. I can get them to get along.”

Me: “Please don’t! I’d feel terrible if he hurt your cat! I don’t want him to get hurt, either, if the cat needs to defend itself.”

(Despite my pleas, the other client takes her cat out of the carrier. My dog immediately hits the end of his leash, nearly foaming at the mouth. She ignores his obvious aggression and starts walking towards us, doing this stupid sing-songy “be a good doggie and make friends with the cat” while her cat sees what’s up and starts hissing and trying to get away from her to run away.)

Me: *trying to corral my dog and shove him in his own carrier* “PLEASE BACK OFF NOW! MY DOG WILL HURT YOUR CAT IF YOU FORCE THEM TOGETHER! PLEASE STOP!”

(She doesn’t stop, but I manage to get my dog back in his carrier before she reaches us. SHE HOLDS THE CAT UP TO THE MESH WINDOW OF MY DOG’S CARRIER, which I’ve situated behind my legs, persisting in her sing-songy “be a nice doggy!” while my dog tries to eat through his carrier to eat the cat.)

Receptionist: “Uh, I think you probably want to keep your cat away… Um, this doesn’t sound good.” *she runs to get some assistance*

Me: “That is enough! Get that cat away from my dog! And me, I have terrible allergies!”

Other Client: “Oh, why didn’t you just say you were allergic! I don’t want to make you miserable all day!”

(I think her cat was quite relieved that she then put it back in its carrier and took her seat across the lobby from me. But… she was willing to avoid aggravating my allergies, but not driving my dog mad, scaring the daylights out of her cat, and risking harm to both?)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That dog has the worst sense of smell. You actually have to show him the cat before he notices it's there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In this vet's office that has a lobby the size of a palace entrance hall

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
And the name of that IDF woman? ACTUAL MARINE ALBERT EINSTEIN.

"*hic* Hold my daiquiri and watch thish"

divabot has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Aug 20, 2015

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

divabot posted:

The fact that Israelis drink while carrying automatic weapons might explain their love for ethnically cleansing the region.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You do not have to drink alcohol at a bar

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

EmmyOk posted:

You do not have to drink alcohol at a bar

Why would you to go a bar otherwise? Peoplewatching? Enjoying the ambiance?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Why would you to go a bar otherwise? Peoplewatching? Enjoying the ambiance?

You can have a good time at a bar with friends and not drink for example if you are the designated driver or a soldier.

e: or just you know if you don't feel like drinking

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

EmmyOk posted:

You can have a good time at a bar with friends and not drink for example if you are the designated driver or a soldier.

Well all her friends have left her to go mingle with other people so I guess maybe she does need a stiff drink :(

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"ah I can't drink tonight, I'm the designated soldier"

Of course the comments of that Facebook post are 50% men wanting to gently caress the girl.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Of course the comments of that Facebook post are 50% men wanting to gently caress the girl.

That's way lower than I would've expected.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Squalitude posted:

That's actually been posted before, except last time it was from the perspective of the other guy, saying how he left it for the boyfriend to find. What a happy coincidence that both men in the situation decided to post about it... in fact, I wonder.....

:captainpop:

Now where's the one from the perspective of the toilet?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fathis Munk posted:

"ah I can't drink tonight, I'm the designated soldier"

You need to be sober and ready to drop a combatant filthy Palestinian at a moments notice, and its difficult to drop to a crouch and line up your sights on your fourth pull of whiskey.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

divabot posted:

Off-topic, but what's up with how the magazine is loaded?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I would be so loving nervous if I saw a big rifle in a bar. That would take a lot of fun out of getting drunk.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Not ... feel like drinking? Is that stdh?

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Only in Israel do guns shoot sideways bullets

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I'm guessing the magazine has an offset thing so you can keep it attached in the magazine well without putting the actual bang bang part of the magazine in the well

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

If being sober at a bar with friends is so awesome, why do they need to designate a sober driver?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

divabot posted:

This is somewhat legit. I was in Israel in the spring of 2000, and while at Yad Vashem I noticed an armed Israeli soldier looking at a case full of baby booties from one of the death camps.
hosed up.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
My hatred of this sort of poo poo burns as unto maybe not a thousand suns, but certainly one or two.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kizudarake posted:

If being sober at a bar with friends is so awesome, why do they need to designate a sober driver?

People like to drink beer without getting drunk.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Nth Doctor posted:

This is somewhat legit. I was in Israel in the spring of 2000, and while at Yad Vashem I noticed an armed Israeli soldier looking at a case full of baby booties from one of the death camps.
hosed up.

More importantly, how much did the case cost?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ElGroucho posted:

I'm guessing the magazine has an offset thing so you can keep it attached in the magazine well without putting the actual bang bang part of the magazine in the well

That's exactly it. It provides an easy way to visually see that it is safely not loaded (especially with the chamber locked back) and only takes a moment to get ready to fire.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

EmmyOk posted:

People like to drink beer without getting drunk.

STDH: this person getting invited to cool parties

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Rick_Hunter posted:

Hot from imgur:

Oh yes, he's SUCH a mature adult that he had to make a lovely meme and put it on imgur for sweet sweet internet cred.

:rolleyes: :jerkbag:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Oh yes, he's SUCH a mature adult that he had to make a lovely meme and put it on imgur for sweet sweet internet cred.

:rolleyes: :jerkbag:

I really thought this meme was making fun of other penguin memes. I kinda like it! Maybe there will be a trendy backlash against stdh stories! I can dream, right?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

artsy fartsy posted:

I really thought this meme was making fun of other penguin memes. I kinda like it! Maybe there will be a trendy backlash against stdh stories! I can dream, right?

Yeah I thought that one was refreshingly self aware. The meme format makes it look dumber than I think it actually was.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Drunk Tomato posted:

STDH: this person getting invited to cool parties

Highschool kids are so cute :3:

I always like STDH happen with photos and then they don't provide the photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Khazar-khum posted:

Bad STDH! Bad!

wait a minute in the beginning he says the dog is in the carrier but then when the cat comes up he's trying to bite through the bars of the carrier?

Checkmate, this story didn't happen :smug:

• Locked thread