Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i've been meaning to find a better storage solution for my games, if anyone has a good bookshelf or something i can get that will hold them well i'd appreciate the advice. i have filled up a couple of the small ones and half a large one

Turn an entire wall into a bookcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

My storage solution is throwing them all over the floor like a filthy animal.

Lol

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I've lost the ability to play a good number of games due to physical media and hardware failures. I have yet to lose any to "they shut down the service."

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

My storage solution is throwing them all over the floor like a filthy animal.

positive side: you can roll in it, like scrooge mcduck, a famous animal

The Taint Reaper posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-6313...antic+DVD+shelf

I have one of these and my game collection is in the thousands.

thanks, this looks really good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

It's not that hard to understand, it's just that some gamers prefer gameplay, and we have been basically starving since around early 2000s or something.

this is the dumbest post ever made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

this is the dumbest post ever made.

I can think of 13,279 that are dumber.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

:drat:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But that post is still very dumb.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

TheScott2K posted:

The animations are terrible, the voice acting is terrible, the city levels are all just giant hallways, the only part of the story that ever actually works is when you bust out of the prison and it turns out you're in UNATCO HQ, the "stealth" relies on enemies that are more retarded than the goombas in SMB and man-sized grates acting like transit systems in top-secret facilities, the only projectile weapon that is the least bit satisfying to use is the sniper rifle that is useless until you're halfway through the game and even then you're using it to zoom in on terribly-animated retards you could just as easily walk up to and karate chop, Unreal Engine 1, the main character has nothing resembling an arc, and the multiple endings are basically the same "press X for Ending 1" poo poo everyone bitched about in Human Revolution. All of that made a 7.5/10 game in 2000 and it hasn't gotten better since.

TheScott2K posted:

The Citizen Kane of games? Bioshock Infinite, obviously.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im nearing the end of chips challenge 1, and about halfway through chips challenge 2. i was plannning on finishing chips challenge entirely before moving onto the next game, but the later levels started to get tedious with the endless block pushing water puzzles... its a real pain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gamres who crave gameplay have been starvign since 2000. where tare the games with gameplay. wher ehave they gone? polygon investigates.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In Training posted:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I don't ever remember saying that and if I did it certainly wasn't sincere.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Stux posted:

gamres who crave gameplay have been starvign since 2000. where tare the games with gameplay. wher ehave they gone? polygon investigates.

Not on ps4 , it's all the same sequel poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theultimo posted:

Sequels do not have any gameplay. Crash Bandicoot Warped didn't even run if you plugged a controller in the system, it just said NO WAY and Crash waggled his finger at you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

But that post is still very dumb.

Yeah it's stupid as hell haha.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Sequels rule. Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries is a sequel. So Many Me is not a sequel. Case closed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final Fantasy X-2 is a sequel.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The inherent greatness of its being a sequel is canceled out by the fact that it was made by inferior Japanese developers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phil Fish?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Broken clock, etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Final Fantasy X-2 is a sequel.

It's also the best FF game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lightning returns is better

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theultimo posted:

bloodborne aka goty also rcoket league. gmae ov er. best ocnsole ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

lightning returns is better

Hmm. I'll allow it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
holy poo poo death to spies 3
http://www.maximumgames.com/alekhines-gun/

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Stux posted:

dude, you're a fanboy of sony, the company notorious for their endless stream of movie-games, stuff that I basically can't even look at. You're part of the problem and the last person that could mock my dumb post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you like gameplay, don't play AAA games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am incredibly excited for death to spies 3, please enjoy this video of dts2 to understand why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4-p5dAA1M

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

when two trolls go to war

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

program666 posted:

dude, you're a fanboy of sony, the company notorious for their endless stream of movie-games, stuff that I basically can't even look at. You're part of the problem and the last person that could mock my dumb post

bloodborne

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

im nearing the end of chips challenge 1, and about halfway through chips challenge 2. i was plannning on finishing chips challenge entirely before moving onto the next game, but the later levels started to get tedious with the endless block pushing water puzzles... its a real pain

I got stuck on block buster, i can't seem to move fast enough to get past the sliding blocks and every attempt takes so long just to get to the problem area.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Stux posted:

bloodborne aka goty also rcoket league. gmae ov er. best ocnsole ever.

I don't own a PS4 and probably never will or maybe I will sometime in the future whenever I get the time but I agree.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Stux posted:

bloodborne

the ps4 has one game, yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im going to buy a ps4

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'll probably get a PS4 when either the new Ys game or Last Guardian come out. I mean I'll probably play Persona 5 on a PS4 as well but I'm willing to wait a while for that one.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

if the ps4 ever gets a monhun plus a new disgaea I might think about getting one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'll probably play Persona 5 on a PS4 as well but I'm willing to wait a while for that one.

u can play it on the playstation 3 if you have one of course.

• Locked thread