Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Are karma dungeons high in exp? I am tired of 2 shorting Eriole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think the level 3 is something like 9,000 XP?

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

TARDISman posted:

Oh sweet jesus, they also gave us a bonus 10 cost!

dont tease me.

edit: oh poo poo hes for realsies.

looks like if you level up the +10 disappears.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 19, 2015

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
It seemed like I had plenty of cost, so I evolved a few of my units. Then suddenly when I tried to go questing my cost had fallen by about 9 points. I'm not sure exactly what was going on there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TARDISman posted:

Oh sweet jesus, they also gave us a bonus 10 cost!

I'd forgotten all about that cost bump. I wonder if I can field 3 full 7* teams in trials now. If I'd run bother running trials... :effort:

CashEnsign posted:

Are karma dungeons high in exp? I am tired of 2 shorting Eriole.

Level 3 is 9k xp for 30 stamina. I forget what level 4 is but it'll be better and during 1/2 stam vortex events it should let you power level like crazy since you don't get item/unit drops to sell every so often.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

echofriendly posted:

dont tease me.

edit: oh poo poo hes for realsies.

looks like if you level up the +10 disappears.

This is a known bug.
http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/235972-advisory-missing-10-cost-issue

"For players who lost the additional 10 cost, our sincerest apologies for it and rest assure that you will get your additional 10 cost on your next level up."

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
The best part of this update is being able to skip cutscenes. I might actually do some grand quests now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

For lem final light dungeon mission? How do I get past Seria and Lugina? By turn 3 they kill me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Annointed posted:

For lem final light dungeon mission? How do I get past Seria and Lugina? By turn 3 they kill me.

Treat it like a GQ fight - always have mitigation/stat protection up, and don't be afraid to drop a Holy Flute/Fujin to make sure that you can do that. If you have someone who can frequently drop Atk Downs (hi, Ruby), that helps a lot, too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I just nuked the hell out of them but I was running Zenia/Colt/Claire/Kanon/Shera* and a buddy Zenia. Shera and Kanon died the round before I killed them and I'd been running autobattle so I didn't revive them because I forgot to turn it off. Thankfully neither survived because it probably would've ended poorly otherwise. I like how the characters got an appearance upgrade. I'm guessing it's supposed to reflect their 6* forms?

Sitting at 12682 points in the vortex arena now and 76:0 W:L rate. It looks like getting the buffer jewel won't be too hard. It really helped that Exalted and Worshipped opponents were starting to show up even when I was more than 3k points below them. Getting constant 190+ point wins is something I haven't seen since the days of the ABP display bug/feature.

* I've had a Shera(a) for a couple months but never used her because my Darvanshell(a) was fully imped. A few days ago I used an imp key when close to ranking up and fully imped Shera (and finished Kanon/Tridon/Zenia, then put leftovers in to Ultor) in 40ish runs I got in. Eventually I just started using 2-3 fujins per run on Mifune because it's faster than waiting for Kikuri's attack animation.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 19, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I like how the characters got an appearance upgrade. I'm guessing it's supposed to reflect their 6* forms?

I'm pretty sure, though I only have Seria to go off of for now; when we actually see Karl we'll know for sure, since I haven't put in enough :effort: in Frontier Hunter to get Lugina or Paris, and gently caress both of those GQs. Lugina's will probably be a fair bit easier now that cutscene skip exists, but Paris still has that drat WRT fight that's mandatory for 100%.

EDIT: So I finally did the work in getting Tridon his special sphere and holy poo poo he's running 18k HP as a leader without any other friend HP boosts, and with a second +HP lead he crests 20k. :psyduck:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 20, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Managed to hit 15,000 points in the Water Vortex today. I seem to recall just hitting 3,000 points in the previous ones so I could get gems was a chore. It looks like 20,000 points will be happening fairly quick.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
Tridon(L), Ultor, Kira, Diana, Elimo, Zenia(F)

for everything. my ultor is only 6*

if you have bestie or edea im super jealous.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

I'm pretty sure, though I only have Seria to go off of for now; when we actually see Karl we'll know for sure, since I haven't put in enough :effort: in Frontier Hunter to get Lugina or Paris, and gently caress both of those GQs. Lugina's will probably be a fair bit easier now that cutscene skip exists, but Paris still has that drat WRT fight that's mandatory for 100%.

EDIT: So I finally did the work in getting Tridon his special sphere and holy poo poo he's running 18k HP as a leader without any other friend HP boosts, and with a second +HP lead he crests 20k. :psyduck:

My Anima Tridon has over 17k HP in my arena team with Selena leading. IT's amazing how much of a giant brick wall of HP he is. I've seen people mention Tridon/Tridon trial teams and I can only guess it's a long slow fight but everyone is a mountain of HP.

echofriendly posted:

Tridon(L), Ultor, Kira, Diana, Elimo, Zenia(F)

for everything. my ultor is only 6*

if you have bestie or edea im super jealous.

I have Edea but I don't use her right now. I'd drop Shera/Kanon for Edea/Tridon but I don't think I actually need the extra survival more than the ATK boost Shera provides.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a newbie guide. I was running metal parade but realized I was getting tons of feeder units with no one to feed them to. I've maxed knight aem and my fire starter unit. Im using the earth archer water healer and medusa. Im lvl 14. I found that all my unit space is filled with feeder units. I have not finished the first quest area, but is there a list of good or farmable newb units I should keep an eye out for? Also should I be using gems for unit as soon as I get 5?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

HotBobaloo posted:

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a newbie guide. I was running metal parade but realized I was getting tons of feeder units with no one to feed them to. I've maxed knight aem and my fire starter unit. Im using the earth archer water healer and medusa. Im lvl 14. I found that all my unit space is filled with feeder units. I have not finished the first quest area, but is there a list of good or farmable newb units I should keep an eye out for? Also should I be using gems for unit as soon as I get 5?

Your best bet is really just to crush through a bunch of quests at low level. You'll level quite fast, regain your energy every time you level, and get a gem for every area you finish. Then you can take advantage of some of the special summon stuff that's going on.

Ratmtattat posted:

Managed to hit 15,000 points in the Water Vortex today. I seem to recall just hitting 3,000 points in the previous ones so I could get gems was a chore. It looks like 20,000 points will be happening fairly quick.

I'm just under 17,000 points as of today (haven't used any gems). The hardest part is hitting refresh until you find a good candidate to fight that you think will net you the most points. I hate seeing all the 140+ win people stuck at Exalted. Worshipped and above is terribly rare.

The top ranked person has fought 495 battles. That's an insane amount of gems.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 20, 2015

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HotBobaloo posted:

There are times when you want to spend your gems on summons and times when you don't. Certain units have a higher chance to be summoned and occasionally they will run events. Best bet is to check this thread to see what people are saying or check the Brave Frontier reddit as they will normally put up a thread about the current summon period. Don't feel bad about having feeder units in your party for awhile. Hit the quests as you get a gem for each section you finish. I'd also suggest not evolving your units right away. Each unit has a cost and as you evolve them their cost rises which means you might not be able to run a lineup you want due to cost. As you level up on your account you will get more space for higher cost units.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Reached 15003 points at exactly 90 wins. Shame the unit has no use beyond being a trophy.

Getting the Buffer Jewel is the real prize and should be pretty easy to pull off. At 15k you refresh until you find consecrated (18k+) rank enemies and once you hit 17k you can probably start seeing Sanctified opponents.

Gerdalti posted:

Your best bet is really just to crush through a bunch of quests at low level. You'll level quite fast, regain your energy every time you level, and get a gem for every area you finish. Then you can take advantage of some of the special summon stuff that's going on.

I'm just under 17,000 points as of today (haven't used any gems). The hardest part is hitting refresh until you find a good candidate to fight that you think will net you the most points. I hate seeing all the 140+ win people stuck at Exalted. Worshipped and above is terribly rare.

The top ranked person has fought 495 battles. That's an insane amount of gems.

The 3rd place person was about 100pts behind first place and had fought about 230 matches when I looked earlier. The dumb thing with arena events is that if you want to whale to the top you just wait a day then do it because you can burn through a lot of people for 150+ point wins instead of clawing >100 point wins by fighting the other rushing whales who are the same score as you

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It finally happened to me

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Now that we can set helper squads, what are some units you guys would like up as friend leaders? Right now I've got Zenia up, but I could do Deimos, Bestie, Tridon, Reis, etc. Might help others decide what to toss up too.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The ranks in the vortex arena just being synonyms is kinda mean. Hard to tell who's above you.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The ranks in the vortex arena just being synonyms is kinda mean. Hard to tell who's above you.

Click the Rank Info button at the top right, it'll list em for you, then you only have to remember a couple at each tier.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Gerdalti posted:

Now that we can set helper squads, what are some units you guys would like up as friend leaders? Right now I've got Zenia up, but I could do Deimos, Bestie, Tridon, Reis, etc. Might help others decide what to toss up too.

I'm seeing a ton of Zenia in my friends list. At a guess, most of those would probably be best benefited by a buddy Reis.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Changes in the last patch that I missed:

quote:

-Artons and Emp Frogs in SHS - https://i.imgur.com/qzIzen7.jpg | https://i.imgur.com/D9Zb5mu.jpg (provided by /u/Abstrkt420 and /u/PrismoBF)
-Artons and Emp Frogs in Slots - http://imgur.com/a/LjlBf (provided by /u/ruiiruii)
-Cosmic Dust sphere is now considered a Null sphere instead of Stat sphere (yay)
-Synthesis shortcut in Items screen - https://i.imgur.com/oxwS3st.jpg (provided by /u/Hobby_Collector)
-Metal Gods are removed from Imp runs. Artons are added instead. (info provided by /u/Loothernite)
-Able to revisit all the cutscenes from the Library in the Capital - http://imgur.com/a/i1Qgh (info provided by /u/ItsTooTightOneeChan (dat username) and pics provided by /u/FlyingBallWithWings)
-Scroll function at the end of quests to look at drops - https://i.imgur.com/JGs7iXK.jpg (provided by /u/JustinA4)
-Press and hold to show BB/SBB/UBB details without needing to having full BB gauges - https://i.imgur.com/1QbwQ4H.jpg (provided by /u/Draconius)

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Just got to Consecrated and got the buffer jewel. No gems spent and with 2 days left in the event. Much better then last time with the earth arena.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hate Raids. I've not even got to the hard ones yet, they're just so loving tedious. I guess when I get to the hard ones I need to find someone willing to help/do all the fighting? How long can I realistically keep soloing them?

Still, on the upside, got my Jellyfish lady. Think I'll try for max rank but I won't be too cut up if I don't make it. On track for the summon ticket at least.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I know some people in Japan have soloed RC5 maps but I haven't tried it. I may have soloed some earlier RC4 maps with a Colt/Colt team awhile back. I could probably solo the Centurion RC4 map but it'd depend heavily on RNG and him not deciding to up and one shot more than 2-3 people through mitigation and tridon's shield.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

McDragon posted:

I hate Raids. I've not even got to the hard ones yet, they're just so loving tedious. I guess when I get to the hard ones I need to find someone willing to help/do all the fighting? How long can I realistically keep soloing them?

Still, on the upside, got my Jellyfish lady. Think I'll try for max rank but I won't be too cut up if I don't make it. On track for the summon ticket at least.

Depending on your units you can solo most raids. Some missions are significantly harder than others though, and they're just mixed in with easy ones.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The change in overdrive and UBB buffs allowed me to pulverize The Green Menace rather rudely. The yolo offense suicide squad used Raaga's UBB to wipe out the first two phases before sputtering out, and the Quaid 'n' Bestie BFFs had a rough first turn but they made it through and never stopped dominating once they could start bursting. I completely avoided problems w/r/t Grand Hazard and third phase died so quick he never got to fire off Elle Straight Strike.

Basically, trial EX1 wasn't designed with the full force of 7* units in mind.

Putting a Malice Jewel and the Heresy Orb on Zenia at the same time has let her breach 5000 attack. This is rather rude. The Obsidian Core Amplifier would only make it ruder. This is rude and gross. Who designed this!?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The BB/UBB stacking also now allows for +attack teams that can three round Trial 005 and probably a few others. If I had Bestie and the green +attack guy from the last batch or batch before it I'd probably give it a try since Ultor's ATK buff is so massive it'd only further increase the absurd murder.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I was wondering why the difficulty was flip flopping all over the place. I guess I should just find a guide somewhere to see which ones are which. Thanks for the clarification.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I could probably solo the Centurion RC4 map but it'd depend heavily on RNG and him not deciding to up and one shot more than 2-3 people through mitigation and tridon's shield.

With my usual Raid setup (Tridon Lead/Rinon/Zeldeus/Medina/Ruby/Zenia Friend) I've soloed Centurion twice, though one time I ended up losing a life to RNG bullshit. He's not that bad if you have damage, and free-turn Overdrives makes it that much easier, since I can OD, Fujin up, and pop a Tridon or Zeldeus UBB without worrying about getting wiped immediately.

The change in overdrive and UBB buffs allowed me to pulverize The Green Menace rather rudely. The yolo offense suicide squad used Raaga's UBB to wipe out the first two phases before sputtering out, and the Quaid 'n' Bestie BFFs had a rough first turn but they made it through and never stopped dominating once they could start bursting. I completely avoided problems w/r/t Grand Hazard and third phase died so quick he never got to fire off Elle Straight Strike.

Basically, trial EX1 wasn't designed with the full force of 7* units in mind.

Putting a Malice Jewel and the Heresy Orb on Zenia at the same time has let her breach 5000 attack. This is rather rude. The Obsidian Core Amplifier would only make it ruder. This is rude and gross. Who designed this!?

You want to see big numbers out of Zenia, put the Sky Harbinger on her. The Obsidian Core Amplifier is probably better for prolonged battles, though.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
A week later and Uprising still crashes on Phaeton.

Seriously, is there anything I can do about this? Would switching devices help? Can someone here solo it and can I leech that clear and have it count? I read something somewhere about uninstalling and reinstalling the game, would that do it?

Or am I doomed to send tickets to Gumi until their ant brains actually start working?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Try reinstalling, it's the easiest. Or find a cheap android device.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Finally maxed out the Quaid I pulled recently, so I can finally get back to running a Five Lights team the way I used to love doing. Now I just need help to decide what I'm going to run under him. Here are my candidates:

Fire:
-Ultor
-Bestie
-Alpha

Water:
-Tridon
-Elimo
-Zeldeus
-Medina
-Tazer

Thunder:
-Griel
-Diana
-Rize
-Loch

Light:
-Sefia
-Kira
-Raaga

Dark is out because all I've got is a Magress and Kikuri

My current set up is Quaid, Ultor, Elimo, Diana, and Kira. I've chosen Diana over Bestie since at first glance she seems to be better at maintaining BB gauges when not in a Leader role. That leaves Ultor for my Fire slot, being the obvious choice over Alpha. I have multiple good choices for my Water slot, but I'm going with Elimo for all of my defensive support in one unit (and my only source of status cleansing other than Edea). For my final slot, it's a bit of tough choice between Kira and Raaga, but Kira gives me the Light and Dark coverage that Quaid lacks outside of his UBB.

I'm just curious if anyone else can offer any contrary opinions.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Paper Kaiju posted:

Finally maxed out the Quaid I pulled recently, so I can finally get back to running a Five Lights team the way I used to love doing. Now I just need help to decide what I'm going to run under him. Here are my candidates:

Dark is out because all I've got is a Magress and Kikuri

My current set up is Quaid, Ultor, Elimo, Diana, and Kira. I've chosen Diana over Bestie since at first glance she seems to be better at maintaining BB gauges when not in a Leader role. That leaves Ultor for my Fire slot, being the obvious choice over Alpha. I have multiple good choices for my Water slot, but I'm going with Elimo for all of my defensive support in one unit (and my only source of status cleansing other than Edea). For my final slot, it's a bit of tough choice between Kira and Raaga, but Kira gives me the Light and Dark coverage that Quaid lacks outside of his UBB.

If you're targeting Quaid as the leader, and you want all element coverage, you could probably do:
Earth: Quaid (L) SBB - All Elements / LS - 100% atk, bb buffs
Thunder: Loch - BB Damage Up, Spark Damage Up
Fire: Bestie - Damage Taken BB Boost / Boost BB guage
Light: Kira - Light&Dark Element / Crit Rate Up / Atk Down Status
Water: Tridon - Shield / BC&HC Drop Rate Up / Def Buff
-or- Elimo - Heal / Mitigation / Debuff Clear (BB only) / Def Buff (SBB Only)

Please note that I'm trying to get better at team building, so this may not be totally optimal, but it does seem like a solid "all things" style party. I'd personally go with Elimo over Tridon, you don't need the BC&HC buff with Quaid LS and Bestie.

Also, don't sell Kikuri short, she's a solid unit.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 21, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Paper Kaiju posted:

If you're running offensively (like, for FH or Arena) you might want to swap out Zeldeus for Elimo - the latter has status cleansing, yeah, but the former has surprisingly strong damage on his BB/SBB, especially for a mitigator. Medina would be even better than Diana, but that would wreck your rainbow gimmick. Honestly, your setup looks solid, just swap Elimo for Medina or Zeldeus and Ultor for Bestie if you use this team for arena.

Gerdalti posted:

Also, don't sell Kikuri short, she's a solid unit.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CashEnsign posted:

Try reinstalling, it's the easiest.

This uninstall button scares me. I don't know if I'll break something, like losing log-in information. :ohdear:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

This uninstall button scares me. I don't know if I'll break something, like losing log-in information. :ohdear:

As long as you're connected to your facebook account, you'll be fine.

Have you tried "refreshing content" from the settings? It will re-download everything except the base game again I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gerdalti posted:

As long as you're connected to your facebook account, you'll be fine.

Oh goddammit fuckin' facebook I'm gonna sell my soul to the Zuckerburg just to get my drat obsidfuckthing!!

It's okay OFS, just look at is as one more gem for trying to get Krantz...

• Locked thread