Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i should really play dts2, i bought it and i love the gently caress out of hitman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

program666 posted:

if the ps4 ever gets a monhun plus a new disgaea I might think about getting one
disgaea 5 out by years end. bunch of crappy mon hun clones already out or announced

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nate RFB posted:

I'll probably get a PS4 when either the new Ys game or Last Guardian come out. I mean I'll probably play Persona 5 on a PS4 as well but I'm willing to wait a while for that one.

yeah, exactly, plus i dont have a gaming pc right now anyway so gently caress it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i didn't like lightning returns at first. corn in the bible said, its really good, keep at it. they were right, and lightning returns rules.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Real hurthling! posted:

disgaea 5 out by years end. bunch of crappy mon hun clones already out or announced
there is toukiden for PC, I want the real thing, in a big screen and a capable machine please

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i should really play dts2, i bought it and i love the gently caress out of hitman

death to spies 2 is awesome. you just gotta accept that some of the missions are really long, like the first one which is set over a whole military base. also, you can hide dead people by parking a car on top of them, which is always great.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

program666 posted:

the ps4 has one game, yeah

yeah and it sbebhter then any game on any other platform and it also gets all the multiplats anyway so uh best ocnsole.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps4: sbebhter htan teh rets

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
It's odd in console land for multiplats right now.

Ubis games are faster on the one.

Witcher is better on the one

CoD is better on PS4

EA releases sports early on the one, but perform better on the ps4

Ps4 has better and more frequent discounts.

It's an odd generation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's such a hard decision where to play all these awful games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, Big Boss will save us soon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
At the moment I literally own more Vita games than PS4 games, however, this is mostly due to the fact that I am not a hoarder and when I'm done with a game I sell it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

theultimo posted:

It's odd in console land for multiplats right now.

Ubis games are faster on the one.

Witcher is better on the one

CoD is better on PS4

EA releases sports early on the one, but perform better on the ps4

Ps4 has better and more frequent discounts.

It's an odd generation.

not really, everything runs better on ps4 except the witcher and i think what, 2 ubi games, one of which is the crew (lol) and the other is assassins creed unity (lmao).

the early release is a 6 hour trial the day before or something stupid. no one cares. xbone is poo poo gently caress youf.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

precision posted:

At the moment I literally own more Vita games than PS4 games, however, this is mostly due to the fact that I am not a hoarder and when I'm done with a game I sell it

what percentage of the vita games are PC indie games?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zombi now has more frequent 5 frame dips on ps4 in wet locations and ps4 tetris ulitmate ran at glacial speeds so ubisoft probably has like really old ps4 documentation and is too stupid to notice

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

It's okay, Big Boss will save us soon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

program666 posted:

what percentage of the vita games are PC indie games?

they are all anime bullshit except Don't Starve

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Real hurthling! posted:

zombi now has more frequent 5 frame dips on ps4 in wet locations and ps4 tetris ulitmate ran at glacial speeds so ubisoft probably has like really old ps4 documentation and is too stupid to notice

the tetris issue is a recurring bug in ubisoft games that only happens if u have too many friends. and it keeps happening. they keep releasing games with the exact same bug over and over.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Stux posted:

the tetris issue is a recurring bug in ubisoft games that only happens if u have too many friends. and it keeps happening. they keep releasing games with the exact same bug over and over.

It works for telltale, don't fix it if people keep buying

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm not even sure why I own consoles at this point, I keep going back to PC even in the face of exclusives like Bloodborne

I'm sort of confused by that aspect of myself

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not even sure why I own consoles at this point, I keep going back to PC even in the face of exclusives like Bloodborne

I'm sort of confused by that aspect of myself

There's really something to be said for laying on the couch with a gamepad

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/08/19/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-beta-this-game-is-going-to-be-even-harder-for-people-like-me/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can you imagine this in a non-videogame format?

"i dabble in football but i feel like the hard work and overall athleticism of its the mostly young players will prevent me from doing well at a high level as a 30+ year old freelance sports writer"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

TheScott2K posted:

There's really something to be said for laying on the couch with a gamepad

It just makes my back or neck hurt before long depending on how I'm sitting/slouching

(Christ I'm :corsair:ing in here and I'm not even 31)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How is Nier? Because apparently gamestop is selling brand new copies for 20 bucks but they're marked as used.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

How is Nier? Because apparently gamestop is selling brand new copies for 20 bucks but they're marked as used.

It's pretty good if you don't do every single sidequest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr E posted:

It's pretty good if you don't do every single sidequest.

Do the side quests have trophies attached to them?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do the side quests have trophies attached to them?

I think so, and I did them all and still really like the game, I just wouldn't recommend anyone actually do that too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

great. best game story/characters. combat is so so but worth 2 plays.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

nier is probably the second best game ever made for the PS3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
one day i hope to become good enough at owning or trolling people so that when i do ppl can quote the ownage and say "taken down by a precision shot!!!!" maybe in like a little animated .gif format idk

otherwise one day i might actually have to bother changing my exceedingly stupid forum name

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

No Such Thing posted:

I got stuck on block buster, i can't seem to move fast enough to get past the sliding blocks and every attempt takes so long just to get to the problem area.

oh yeah block buster is a pain, and there's a hard mode version of that level later on lmao

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

precision posted:

one day i hope to become good enough at owning or trolling people so that when i do ppl can quote the ownage and say "taken down by a precision shot!!!!" maybe in like a little animated .gif format idk

otherwise one day i might actually have to bother changing my exceedingly stupid forum name

Some very high aspirations there. I also hope to see it one day. It will probably a variation of the Garrus emote :sicknasty:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's cool. The combat is kinda half baked but it's got a lot of neat gameplay/presentation twists. Nier 2 may end up being one of the best games of the generation, if it's the same quality of writing with Platinum gameplay.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmciXl1F3U0

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Move over Pixar, this is the new hotness!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blister posted:

It works for telltale, don't fix it if people keep buying

pretty sure that's called the Bethesda game plan

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Move over Pixar, this is the new hotness!

the quality we've come to expect from wizards of the coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEkfFaEPuCA

corn in the bible posted:

i am incredibly excited for death to spies 3, please enjoy this video of dts2 to understand why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4-p5dAA1M

corn in the bible posted:

death to spies 2 is awesome. you just gotta accept that some of the missions are really long, like the first one which is set over a whole military base. also, you can hide dead people by parking a car on top of them, which is always great.
Yeah "World War II Hitman with vehicles" means that GTA gameplay strategies work, which is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuYMYb-L0oE

• Locked thread