Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Is buying a used original Pebble still a decent way to see if the whole smart watch thing is for me? Basically get something decent...but cheap to figure it out with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Oh yes. Totally.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I still wear my regular old pebble every day. Still charge it once a week too.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

Is buying a used original Pebble still a decent way to see if the whole smart watch thing is for me? Basically get something decent...but cheap to figure it out with?

I use my original pebble as a work watch and it's excellent. It's not as fancy as my Moto 360, but it mostly does the same stuff.

My Moto 360 also has tons of connectivity problems :(

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm loving my pebble. It keeps telling me I'm getting my rear end kicked in chess through the notifications.

gently caress you, Jimmy, I know you've got my queen. Shaddafuckup.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Picked one up. Pretty nifty so far. Any recommended apps/faces?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Modern is pretty neat.

Coffee Timer rules as well. I use it for tea because I'm a hardass :black101:

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I really like Timer+ for general timer needs: https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/54a1ba1afc5f23e4c000012d

And JavaPay is awesome if you have a Starbucks card: https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/54527bf9d692a12cfa000081

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

ChiTownEddie posted:

Picked one up. Pretty nifty so far. Any recommended apps/faces?

Pebblets is a great little utility suite.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Does anyone have a good way of getting notifications for MMS / group texts to show up on your Pebble? I don't even care if it's impossible to show the message content, it'd be nice to know a group text comes in on my Android phone if I'm not close enough to it to hear the vibration. I like to avoid MMS for mass messaging, but my friends aren't always on the same wavelength.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I get them on mine, what app do you use for SMS/MMS?

e; I'm using Hangouts on stock, on a Nexus 5. I also installed the Wear app to get actionable responses to all notifications, though I think I still got the notifications themselves before that (just couldn't do anything with them).

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 19, 2015

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

sirbeefalot posted:

I don't get them either. I use, what I assume is the default Samsung app, Messages. What do you use?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

sirbeefalot posted:

e; I'm using Hangouts on stock, on a Nexus 5. I also installed the Wear app to get actionable responses to all notifications, though I think I still got the notifications themselves before that (just couldn't do anything with them).

I'm using Handcent on an S4 running Android Lollipop. I thought the SMS notifications coming through were native/default and not related to your messaging app.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure SMS is, but I think MMS is handled differently. Either way, it should be able to show any notification that comes up on the phone. If you go to the Notifications section of the Pebble app, is Handcent/the Samsung messaging app checked off under All Apps?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
ohhhh. Apparently I need to uncheck SMS and then check the box for the Messages app.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Has anyone had an issue with a watchface unloading overnight? I'm using Tally and usually every 2 or 3 days I have to put it back on.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually kind of disappointed with the lack of good-looking watch faces. Subjective I know, but the only one I even remotely like is Happy so far.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
Finally got a tracking number for my PTS. Black, still. The end of August is July, right?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Droid Washington posted:

I'm actually kind of disappointed with the lack of good-looking watch faces. Subjective I know, but the only one I even remotely like is Happy so far.

Personally I find ones with large numbers to be the most readable and functional, and most times I don't even have to use the backlight to check the time.

My favorites are DIN Time and timestyle

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

If you aren't using TrekV3 I don't know what's wrong with you.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

zenintrude posted:

If you aren't using TrekV3 I don't know what's wrong with you.

This. Surprisingly the most readable watchface I've found on my Time.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

boz posted:

My favorites are DIN Time and timestyle
DIN Time is nice and all but what is the deal with the settings page being a literal website on the internet? I couldn't change settings when I first loaded the watchface last week because the settings page kept timing out. :wtc:

Other than that I like it, I can't wait for my Time Steel to arrive so I can enjoy it in color.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Karthe posted:

DIN Time is nice and all but what is the deal with the settings page being a literal website on the internet? I couldn't change settings when I first loaded the watchface last week because the settings page kept timing out. :wtc:

Isn't this how all Pebble settings pages have to work? I don't disagree that it's a stupid design, but it's not limited to this watchface.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

sirbeefalot posted:

Pretty sure SMS is, but I think MMS is handled differently. Either way, it should be able to show any notification that comes up on the phone. If you go to the Notifications section of the Pebble app, is Handcent/the Samsung messaging app checked off under All Apps?

ChiTownEddie posted:

ohhhh. Apparently I need to uncheck SMS and then check the box for the Messages app.

Ahh, I always wondered why Handcent and Android's (or is it Samsung's?) default Messaging app were greyed out from being selectable. I've unchecked SMS and checked Handcent; let's see if that fixes it. Thanks guys!

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

My second replacement Pebble is on it's way, almost exactly one year after the first replacement. Both Pebbles so far have developed the screen static issue. Their support really is top-notch, although they wouldn't let me just get a credit towards a Time Steel. I'll just have to give the Pebble away for Christmas or something, I'm ready to upgrade.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anyway to send SMS presets without using Glance?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

WhyteRyce posted:

Anyway to send SMS presets without using Glance?

Notification Center for Pebble

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Anybody having connectivity issues with a pebble steel on an HTC one m8? I feel like with the latest update to pebble (around July), my watch drops connection with my phone every few hours and doesn't reconnect. It doesn't even read with my phone properly, e.g. it says it's connected in my notification drawer when it's not and vice versa.

I want to upgrade to the Pebble Time, but if there are similar connectivity issues, I'll have to pass (or wait until I get a newer phone).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I have Pebble Time and a M7 and connectivity has been perfect.

Has anyone noticed their Pebble Time's battery life dropping since last update? I'm currently at just over 3 days off charge and am at 50% battery life.

e: 5 days, at 20%

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 7, 2015

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Any Time Steel backers received it yet? Pebble has managed to actually make me consider cancelling with all the delays and some of the new Wear watches looking good.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Got the approval on my 2nd RMA. I was hoping they'd offer some sort of paid upgrade offer for a Time, but looks like they're sending me another original. I have a feeling it's going to get screen issues within 4 months as well.

infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??

torgeaux posted:

Any Time Steel backers received it yet? Pebble has managed to actually make me consider cancelling with all the delays and some of the new Wear watches looking good.

I got mine last week but I payed a bit extra for the faster shipping.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

torgeaux posted:

Yes, I got mine 2 weeks ago and immediately hated it, so it's going back. I can't stand the timeline interface, especially because of the (pointless) dismiss 'menu' that prevents you from actually dismissing anything without 2 presses.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Last email I got said that I'd probably have a tracking number in September. Not have the watch, mind you, just the tracking number. Time to cancel.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
My roommate got his Time Steel this week, we went kayaking the same day, and being near but not in water apparently caused his screen to turn into irreparable static. Day one RMA.

My Time makes the creaking sound, but seems fine.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Target has the pebble time on clearance at some stores for $99.98

DCPI
057-03-0127

Inventory checker
http://marketplaces.fyndly.com/target/tools/inventory/check.html

Found one store @ 80 miles from me with the price.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Last email I got said that I'd probably have a tracking number in September. Not have the watch, mind you, just the tracking number. Time to cancel.

I got my Time nearly a month before I got a tracking number. I got told my Time Steel order is being processed, but that was nearly a month ago.

Also tempted to cancel.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

torgeaux posted:

If it's any consolation I just received my shipping notification this morning. I too was beginning to lose hope that I'd see anything before October. My Steel should arrive by Monday, so if you're in/near California you might get your shipping notice any day now.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
The silvers just started shipping. They just announced on KS that they "will have everyone tracking numbers" by the end of the month. All the blacks should be out by now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bisty Q. posted:

The silvers just started shipping. They just announced on KS that they "will have everyone tracking numbers" by the end of the month. All the blacks should be out by now, though.

I don't have a tracking number yet, at least, and it's been at least a month since the portal was locked.

• Locked thread