Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else get a surprise 6Million Downloads event gift today?

Training swords are neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Plus we get Supreme Kai and Old Kai at some point. I'l have to save them to maybe dokkan awaken my SSR SS2 Goku

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I have a bunch of supreme and old kais now I think, I've had some weird luck running through story mode Hard missions and grabbing capsules there. But I have no SSRs to awaken!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How far along is Dokkan in Japan?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

According to this JP site, they're getting a revival of the King Vegeta event while we're just getting it for the first time, and they got Chilled like two months ago. They also had Buu, Cell and Gold Frieza gacha events already, as well as Revivals with boosted SSR chances for specific dudes, notably an all villain gacha and a "premium" gacha that had characters like the SSR final form frieza, which was basically the first one we had but with better rates.

EDIT: for reference they had their Buu gacha event before they had their Mecha Frieza strike event. So we're all over the place. Which is probably why things like Chilled and Kid Vegeta are so brutally hard for us, because this content came way later for them than it did us.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 20, 2015

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
Can chair freiza be dokkan awakened to golden freiza?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You know, I'm not sure. The JP site only lists the blue golden Frieza with the attributes from the farmable final form frieza, so you'd have to wait and see. But the chair frieza's leader skill is like 30% attack to blue characters which doesn't seem that great unless you really want a blue team.

EDIT: http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/dokabato-status-freeser Turns out, yes.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

Nuebot posted:

You know, I'm not sure. The JP site only lists the blue golden Frieza with the attributes from the farmable final form frieza, so you'd have to wait and see. But the chair frieza's leader skill is like 30% attack to blue characters which doesn't seem that great unless you really want a blue team.

EDIT: http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/dokabato-status-freeser Turns out, yes.

Oh, I mistakenly thought that when you dokkan awakened he takes the stats of a specific golden freiza

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nope! He basically just upgrades into a proper SSR card and takes on the Golden Frieza name, meaning you could use him with doubles of the original form you evolved. His super level and leader skill remain unchanged sadly. There is a specific Golden Frieza from the gachas He's got decent stats? He'll show up whenever the revival of f gacha starts up and make a return in the villain revival gacha with Perfect Cell, Evil Buu and a few others. Personally I'm holding out for Cooler and the six month premium gacha, if we get that one again.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Nope! He basically just upgrades into a proper SSR card and takes on the Golden Frieza name, meaning you could use him with doubles of the original form you evolved. His super level and leader skill remain unchanged sadly. There is a specific Golden Frieza from the gachas He's got decent stats? He'll show up whenever the revival of f gacha starts up and make a return in the villain revival gacha with Perfect Cell, Evil Buu and a few others. Personally I'm holding out for Cooler and the six month premium gacha, if we get that one again.

Bleh no point of farming this chair frieza then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

In keeping with my Frieza based team having a blue or two would be nice. I might turn me EoI frieza gold when that comes around so he could lead and boost everyone else, then with that and the blue Final Form I'd have coverage of everything except yellow.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Aw they fixed a bug that let you have Freeza Armor Gohan and Chinese Prince Gohan on the same team.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trying to get chair Freeza has given me enough Bardocks to max out his super.

But as a plus on two pulls I got SSR SSJ Vegeta and an R Cymbal, so it evens out.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

bobjr posted:

Trying to get chair Freeza has given me enough Bardocks to max out his super.

But as a plus on two pulls I got SSR SSJ Vegeta and an R Cymbal, so it evens out.

Teq vegita or phys?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

On Reddit some guy is saying that the 'Sibling' link is a mistranslation and the Japanese name for the link is something close to 'Saiyan Bloodline' which would make a lot more sense for what it contains.

:ms:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

On Reddit some guy is saying that the 'Sibling' link is a mistranslation and the Japanese name for the link is something close to 'Saiyan Bloodline' which would make a lot more sense for what it contains.

:ms:

Why isn't nappa in it then?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Getimmaaw posted:

Teq vegita or phys?

Teq. It syncs up well with my team so it works for me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nuebot posted:

Why isn't nappa in it then?

Family bloodline.

edit: King Vegeta strike is on

Tae fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 20, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

Family bloodline.

edit: King Vegeta strike is on

We need a new movie where Nappa Jr. shows up and just punches krillin in the face or something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anecdotal, but I've done King Vegeta twice and got him my second try. YMMV

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've tried 6 times, no dice. On the positive, his map is short and gives easy items.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey Webbeh, might be time to update the OP. It's like 25% DBZ to 75% One Piece, while the thread is 99% DBZ..

Not that I'm complaining :ssj:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Hey Webbeh, might be time to update the OP. It's like 25% DBZ to 75% One Piece, while the thread is 99% DBZ..

Not that I'm complaining :ssj:

Write up some DBZ Dokkan Battle documentation if you want it included.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pretty sure Bardock's fat saiyans are going to be what make me quit this, 6 times in a row I've pulled one or the other. I really just want a good SSR to lead my team I should of just tutorial farmed I guess but it's too late to restart now.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been playing Dokkan Battle for 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any SSR guys yet out of a few multi pulls and a bunch of single pulls. I haven't played too much of the events but from what I have played none of the guys have dropped for me yet, although I don't have a team good enough team for Z-hard so I'm just doing poo poo on hard right now. The only thing I have going for me is that when I first started playing my first pull was EOI Frieza but I only have 2nd form Frieza to link with it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've had pretty good luck with this game so far, but I've wasted so many stamina bars on Last Battle trying to get stupid chair freiza and I don't even need him.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
My two SSR pulls were SSJ STR Goku and SSJ2 AGI Goku, I am not going to be complaining.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man it kinda sucks that SSJ Teen Gohan takes AGI medals and not INT ones to z-awaken. All I need is one more medal, a kibito kai, but I didn't know that was an AGI medal until it was too late.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Farming the first he gets killed my forward progress. Do have a lot of items though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally got the stupid father guy. He's basically a lesser INT SSJ2 Gohan, but eh it's "free." Replaces my rare INT Nappa at least.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Goddamn, Z-hard King Vegeta wiped me immediately. Attacking before any of my dudes, with a super... poo poo, man. He hits hard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

Goddamn, Z-hard King Vegeta wiped me immediately. Attacking before any of my dudes, with a super... poo poo, man. He hits hard.

I hit him with a 30k super on round one and it didn't even move his HP bar.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Items seem super important to realistically take down the Z-hard bosses. Ever since Chilled, I've been abusing the ones that reduce damage for 1 turn, the delay ghost, etc. I don't have a team of SSR's, but I am effectively getting like 6 free turns so close enough.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ugh, come the hell on, Segway Frieza, just drop already.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Echophonic posted:

Ugh, come the hell on, Segway Frieza, just drop already.

If you complete every mission in the Bardock event on all difficulties .;gcfv (including the new chilled one), you get a Segway Frieza from the missions. . He was well worth the super attack for the I was able to get instead of Bardock.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, on the bright side, taking a break from Frieza got me a King Vegeta. So now I can theoretically have 4 people named Vegeta on my team and only three of them are the same person. Score.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Well, on the bright side, taking a break from Frieza got me a King Vegeta. So now I can theoretically have 4 people named Vegeta on my team and only three of them are the same person. Score.

Soon we'll be getting Majin Vegeta I think so that'll be one step closer to team vegeta!

Incidentally I don't have chair freiza either but I've gotten bardock to level 10 special so I'm just going to start using them to level up my other blue dudes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've noticed some people online using Tora, one of Bardock's pals, in their team. Is he really good somehow? He doesn't seem particularly useful in any way, and it seems like there are much better saiyans of his type to use.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've noticed some people online using Tora, one of Bardock's pals, in their team. Is he really good somehow? He doesn't seem particularly useful in any way, and it seems like there are much better saiyans of his type to use.

He's got a stack of HP, there aren't that many INT Saiyans, and he juices up King Vegeta, Fasha, and Bardock with Saiyan Pride. I mean, if you get Kid and/or King Vegeta he gets less attractive, but a Team Bardock setup is solid and Tora's a part of that.

There's only 5 INT guys with Saiyan Warrior Race. Tora who's a pretty easy to get Rare, Kid Vegeta who you can only get from Z-Hard grinding, King Vegeta who's a Strike, an event Nappa, and an SSR Teen Gohan.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That makes sense. I have SSR Teen Gohan so that's probably why I don't see the use for him. I just awakened him to fuse away before I saw other people using him.