Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

I wanted to get to 35 residents to get the classroom, so I decided to stick my highest charisma male dweller in with five women and expand the brood, so to speak.

Colonel Autumn has to spend 18 hours a day in the wasteland to keep up with his child support payments now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Todd Howard!!! :argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blasphemeral posted:

Will fires and disasters not spread up elevator shafts? Only to directly adjacent rooms? If so, that would be awesome to build around.

I think they just teleport to the nearest room, so it wouldn't stop anything, eventually it'd hit two occupied rooms and be dealt with. I generally just ignore disasters and let them deal with themselves after a decent chunk of the population is armed. Early on I just evacuate the radroach rooms and leave a single armed dude to deal with it. Roaches/Rats/Deathclaws/Raiders seem to be a dot that affects the entire room equally regardless if there's one guy or six guys in there, so the guys that just run around panicking when they are unarmed are just in the way and burn stimpacks that don't need to be burned.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I kind of like treating rocks like they're unbreakable. It leads to some really odd designs where you have to switch elevators and cross 3 floors to get from room to room. Reminds me of building around interesting features in Dwarf Fortress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm uncomfortable with how quickly Elder Lyons is able to put the moves on everyone.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm uncomfortable with how quickly Elder Lyons is able to put the moves on everyone.

Yeah...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

I think they just teleport to the nearest room, so it wouldn't stop anything, eventually it'd hit two occupied rooms and be dealt with. I generally just ignore disasters and let them deal with themselves after a decent chunk of the population is armed. Early on I just evacuate the radroach rooms and leave a single armed dude to deal with it. Roaches/Rats/Deathclaws/Raiders seem to be a dot that affects the entire room equally regardless if there's one guy or six guys in there, so the guys that just run around panicking when they are unarmed are just in the way and burn stimpacks that don't need to be burned.

Actually, they cannot climb elevator shafts. I have all my living quarters and storage rooms quarantined down on the lowest levels, none adjacent vertically/horizontally to any other room, so fire/attacks just burn themselves out very quickly.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Do max stat parents produce max stat kids? Also nthing the desire for family trees just to make breeding easier.

Also, this game got a lot better when I started playing it on an emulator on my desktop.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fire Storm posted:

Also, this game got a lot better when I started playing it on an emulator on my desktop.

:eyepop:
I had no idea this was a thing, you have just opened up a whole new world to me!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Half of my vault is on fire caused by a freak radaway accident, the other half is full of huddling pregnant ladies, the power is failing, and Balding McStubble is currently scouring the wastes of life so he can bring back a lovely outfit for someone. So that's what happened to Vault 15 before Fallout 1 happened, apparently.

Fire Storm posted:

Do max stat parents produce max stat kids? Also nthing the desire for family trees just to make breeding easier.

Well I know what I'm doing later. It's kind of a pain selecting certain dwellers on my tablet.

quote:

Yeah...

welp

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 20, 2015

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

RBA Starblade posted:

Well I know what I'm doing later. It's kind of a pain selecting certain dwellers on my tablet.

Yeah, if there's one thing I'd love for this game to make it better is either the ability to pause so I can sort poo poo out or an easier way of grabbing and assigning people. Its hard enough of as it is trying to grab some tiny-rear end pixel man on a Galaxy S4's screen, but when you add in bouncing around on a subway train it quickly becomes an exercise in frustration. I've had to resurrect more than a handful of people I couldn't click on fast enough.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
My vault was doing okay having gotten big enough to build a nuclear reactor until a radroach infestation popped up and spread faster I could contain, with the subsequent lack of water & food nearly wiping out the population and leaving a handful to wander the darkened halls of a beautifully-constructed tomb.

So I deconstructed as many rooms as I could to to revive my two fallen lunchbox characters and as many females as I could afford and got them to work repopulating, this time taking care not to spread them to thin without a comfortable of resources.

And that's the story of how a Trekkie and an old guy who thinks he's nobility became the fathers and saviours of Vault 808.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

My vault was doing okay having gotten big enough to build a nuclear reactor until a radroach infestation popped up and spread faster I could contain, with the subsequent lack of water & food nearly wiping out the population and leaving a handful to wander the darkened halls of a beautifully-constructed tomb.

So I deconstructed as many rooms as I could to to revive my two fallen lunchbox characters and as many females as I could afford and got them to work repopulating, this time taking care not to spread them to thin without a comfortable of resources.

And that's the story of how a Trekkie and an old guy who thinks he's nobility became the fathers and saviours of Vault 808.

Welcome to Vault 808, hope you like cousin fuckin!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Vault 808 located just outside historic Shelbyville.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
I had no idea this was a thing, you have just opened up a whole new world to me!

Wait what? How, TELL US!

There seems to be this thing which is official, but under "installing aps" it talks about building and packaging and other weird stuff. Is there a more simple way of doing this stuff? I want to plaaaaay! :comeback:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

There is.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Awesome thank you! Works like a charm.

Also created a fake google address because I don't want this thing to know who I am and whatnot. :ninja:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fire Storm posted:

Do max stat parents produce max stat kids?

Having 1 max-stat parent doesn't produce max stat kids, but I dunno if both are maxxed if there's a change in that. Colonel Autumn is the mack daddy of my vault and his kids all spawned with 1-2 stat averages.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Specs should be out in October

Also from that article:

We already know that Fallout 4 will be running at 1080p resolution and 30 FPS on PS4 and Xbox One, and despite criticism of its graphics not being significantly improved enough for the franchise, you may need a fairly good system for running it on PC. At least, if you want those coveted Ultra settings.

My system now is a 3.2Ghz dual core/16gb ram, a GT740 w/2Gb ram, and Win7 Premium. May not be able to go Ultra, but I SHOULD be able to run it a a good quality at least.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I went to bed and woke up and I guess the game kept playing longer than normal or something. My water was all gone and everyone was irradiated. So I dropped form 91% happiness to 35% for no reason.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bluestacks is good and owns and i use it a lot

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Cojawfee posted:

I went to bed and woke up and I guess the game kept playing longer than normal or something. My water was all gone and everyone was irradiated. So I dropped form 91% happiness to 35% for no reason.

Time works funny when the game isn't on. I think for the food/water/power it averages production-consumption / time or something because I've often come back to a redline situation after a couple hours away, so something was dropping the meter but obviously not as fast as when playing. For the labs/radio station/training rooms it looks like time passes normally but you need to click to get anything.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out Fallout 4 is even less graphically demanding than Skyrim as Todd Howard has messed in God's Domain.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Todd Howard has achived the state of CHIM, and altered reality. Unfortunately even his power is only sufficient to make us all potato-monsters to match Fallout. There is no power in this or any other world to do otherwise to Fallout itself.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I wouldn't mind if fallout 4 wasn't much more demanding than skyrim because the less effort and money I have to spend to play it, the better.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rabidredneck posted:

Specs should be out in October

Also from that article:

We already know that Fallout 4 will be running at 1080p resolution and 30 FPS on PS4 and Xbox One, and despite criticism of its graphics not being significantly improved enough for the franchise, you may need a fairly good system for running it on PC. At least, if you want those coveted Ultra settings.

My system now is a 3.2Ghz dual core/16gb ram, a GT740 w/2Gb ram, and Win7 Premium. May not be able to go Ultra, but I SHOULD be able to run it a a good quality at least.

I bet they mean "it can reach 30 FPS if we set it to 1080p on consoles".

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Rabidredneck posted:

The only differences I have are mine's a quad core and it's a GTX760 with 4GB, so I'll probably be running it at the same levels as you do. I'll live with that.

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah...

Ummmm... :suicide:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I haave a GTX 980 and I'm sexually attractive but I'm not playing the garbo game until it's cheap af and modded to death

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
My rig has 1GB of RAM, an Intel Atom chip, and on board sound. Jealous much?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Man Whore posted:

I wouldn't mind if fallout 4 wasn't much more demanding than skyrim because the less effort and money I have to spend to play it, the better.

Yeah, same here. I wouldn't be surprised if it runs more or less like Skyrim with a good ENB.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I only buy these games a year later for $2 on steam, so I can't wait.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

it took like a year for skyrim to be like 40 bucks so good luck with that.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

My rig has 1GB of RAM, an Intel Atom chip, and on board sound. Jealous much?

You'll be fine.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Sylink posted:

I only buy these games a year later for $2 on steam, so I can't wait.

If you're that stingy, might as well just torrent it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

JackBadass posted:

If you're that stingy, might as well just torrent it.

I just dig around in the bins behind game shops for games that's gone past their sell by date.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

I just dig around in the bins behind game shops for games that's gone past their sell by date.

Most people would give up on that after finding nothing but copies of Tabula Rasa.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Man Whore posted:

Yeah Skyrim didnt drop for loving ever and it didnt drop of the steam top sellers ever.

See also: GTA:5

See all yall sale holdouts in 2018 when the rest of us are dropping 60 on fallout new vegas Dos.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

I dig in the bins behind old folk's homes for old walkers and dentures. I have an idea for a robot.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ak Gara posted:

JackBadass posted:

I dig in the bins behind old folk's homes for old walkers and dentures. I have an idea for a robot.

A MAN--dressed in greasy dungarees and a tattered Rogue Warrior t-shirt--wades through the dumpster behind the last remaining Funcoland in the continental United States. With the calloused hands of a chronic masturbator, he paws past copies of Wet and Brink until the gleam of a bosom catches his eye.

What's this?

With baited breath and trembling hands, he uncovers a single boxed copy of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel; a solemn tear runs down his cheek. Fallout. The word is a gold standard that triggers gooseflesh. "Son...son, come quick! We're saved, son."

A filthy child of eight or nine years scrambles over to him; he wears nothing but a diaper and a shock of red Kramer'ed hair. The boy proceeds to stick his face so close to the box that the man has to put a hand on his face and shove him back. "Youth...no patience for load times," the man grumbles. "Alas, let's do this poo poo."

With a preternatural diligence, the two begin to render the box and its contents into their most basic elements--cardboard is reduced to mâché and CDs are pounded into glittering dust. The result is then packed onto a queerly hooked spoon and exposed to a butane torch until it bubbles and sizzles. The froth is sucked up into a needle and held up to the sky. "Our most ambitious project ever is finally done".

He slams it into his arm.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Man Whore posted:

I already preordered Fallout 4 for $30. Yay, greenmangaming.

• Locked thread