Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GlennFinito posted:

I think we have to settle for Relic Seeker.

Though I could imagine a stonforge mystic rework as a 4-drop

I would be astonished if they didn't print a card that was, flavor-wise, related to stoneforge mystic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

But does it have Thopters?! I really hope they print more Thopter geared things due to it being prevalent in Origins. I love playing gimmicky theme poo poo so I say more thopters.

A Thopter crashes into someone and takes it spark. Thopter Planeswalker FTW

Karn planeswalks to a plane populated entirely by nerds controlling quad-copters with GoPros mounted on them.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I would be astonished if they didn't print a card that was, flavor-wise, related to stoneforge mystic.

I was hoping for a new Nahiri but since Gideon is the white planeswalker in BFZ :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My hope for magic story is Jace and Nahiri shack up and get a pet bird.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Of paradise reprint!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Half the Kor cards in Zendikar were related to Stoneforge Mystic in the sense that they were equipment-matters dorks.

I would be surprised if the Kor drop that completely in the next run.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah they should go with the kor ability of splitting damage between your guys.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kor Skyfisher was the coolest Kor qtiyd

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sigma-X posted:

Half the Kor cards in Zendikar were related to Stoneforge Mystic in the sense that they were equipment-matters dorks.

I would be surprised if the Kor drop that completely in the next run.

I meant more like "lore-wise, clearly the same thing, but with a different mechanical execution" ala noble hierarch vs honored hierarch, though hopefully less lovely.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I think shaman of the pack decks will improve,overall. Although the loss of reclmation sage, mystic and chord will hurt.

But Temur sabertooth with etb elves is very good :getin:

Zoness posted:

yeah they should go with the kor ability of splitting damage between your guys.

Shaman en-kor reprint please!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Kor Skyfisher was the coolest Kor qtiyd

WB Demonic Pact, Holla at ya boi

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Hurray the mulligan rule!

So, anyone running the U/R Mill deck? Any suggestions for building it or running it? Almost have everything I need, but might end up going with 3 Jace for now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dohaeris posted:

So, anyone running the U/R Mill deck? Any suggestions for building it or running it? Almost have everything I need, but might end up going with 3 Jace for now.

The deck is hilarious and awesome. It just gets hated out REALLY easily...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Alaan posted:

Harrow was already a reprint the first time around, so who knows. They only do so many reprints and there are a lot of options.

The did say they were going to be slightly freer with the reprints in block sets now that there's no longer a core set.

There's a bunch of cards that would make sense for reprints and I'm sure we'll see some of them. Harrow, Arbor Elf, Ancient Stirrings, Spreading Seas, Eldrazi Temple...

A Kor Skyfisher reprint would be a hella rad.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Dohaeris posted:

It's ok I guess. Fun if it gets going but I play U/R Ensoul and I defeat it pretty easily everytime I play it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

It's ok I guess. Fun if it gets going but I play U/R Ensoul and I defeat it pretty easily everytime I play it.

I'm playing a stupid Johnny deck with See the Unwritten and I've never lost a game to it over like 5 matches. :shrug: It doesn't seem very good if you know what its doing at all.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm playing a stupid Johnny deck with See the Unwritten and I've never lost a game to it over like 5 matches. :shrug: It doesn't seem very good if you know what its doing at all.

The weaknesses of the deck are enchantment destruction and creatures with more than 4 toughness. The decks that have access to black, green, or white for sideboards have a pretty great winrate postboard.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Angry Grimace posted:

Possible to share a deck list? I'm looking for a cheap standard deck.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I meant more like "lore-wise, clearly the same thing, but with a different mechanical execution" ala noble hierarch vs honored hierarch, though hopefully less lovely.

I could easily see them have a 2/2 for 1WW that tutors up a piece of equipment but doesn't put it into play.

Stoneforge is broken by the cheaty ability, not the tutoring (no one has ever played the W: tutor an equipment to your hand card that they printed in Mirrodin), so I can see them doing that no problems.

I can also see it spiking to $15 on pre-release hype and then being a bulk rare.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Also, that Uncharted Realms article from yesterday had names for all the art in it when they first put it up, they just took it off right after it loaded. Art names, in order from http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/slaughter-refuge-2015-08-19:

Gruesome Slaughter
Gideon's Reproach
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Blood Interstitial #2 (Cropped)
Conduit of Ruin
Spawning Bed
Painful Truths
Blood Interstitial #6 (Cropped)

("Blood Interstitial" probably means "art from the Code Name: Blood set that isn't assigned to card art)

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 20, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
so that means the bad gideon art is going on a card gross

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

so that means the bad gideon art is going on a card gross

On the other hand, new Gideon.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Planning to sell my soul and get a MODO account, can anyone direct me to resources for how to most wisely squander my hard earned money? What does the initial $9.99 provide?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Corte posted:

Planning to sell my soul and get a MODO account, can anyone direct me to resources for how to most wisely squander my hard earned money? What does the initial $9.99 provide?

Like 5 Event Tickets and some New Player Points which let you play in noob drafts and noob standard events. Noob events award 5-card boosters which can have actual good cards in them, but you have a pretty limited number of new player points.

Its hard to recommend what to do after that unless I knew how far down the rabbit hole you planned to go.

Generally the cheapest way to get into limited events is to buy some tickets from the store (which operate as currency), trade them to a bot (GoatBots, for example) for boosters and then enter drafts. This is less cheap than it used to be though because Constructed events used to pay out in boosters, but now pay out mostly in Itchy and Scratchy Money (Play Points) instead of actual boosters. (Non-Phantom Limited events always pay out in boosters, though)

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Corte posted:

$10 gets you lands and probably a few handfuls of playable cards and some new player points which can be spent on free 4 person drafts or 2 man games and 5 fix. I recommend just using the open play room for a while until you can get comfortable with the controls/set stops that work for you and can finish games without going to time. I use the goatbots chain for buying and selling (use the 5 tix you get this way) mostly but when their buy list is funky I use carbuyingbot. NEVER sell to random bots without price checking because the trading system was designed with a focus group of middle school bullies.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Thanks for the advice. I currently only play limited and standard, it looks like packs of khans, fate reforged and dragons are pretty cheap compared to Origins which I guess makes sense. My current plan is to play some KTK/FRF sealed events in the hopes of pulling some fetches and other standard playable cards.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The most expensive card in Khans of Tarkir on MODO is Anafenza, the Foremost, by like 5 tix.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Isn't Stoneforge Mystic part of a clan that worships/woks with/is inspired by Nahiri? I think the chances of an SFM spin off are pretty high.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Zoness posted:

:agreed:

gently caress
TRAVIS

I name you brother Zoness.

MelonSoda5000
May 1, 2007

MMMM, MMMMMFF..
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find information about these to Magic bags:

https://imgur.com/gallery/XdN81

I bought the set at a vintage toy shop a few years ago. Here's what the owner told me about it:

It is from at least 10 years ago if not longer and was given to company executives at the launch of some product.

The original owner said he thought there were only about a dozen made.

I'd love to have a verifiable origin story on these. However, I've spent a fair bit of time searching for more information, but haven't had too much luck. I know that they came out around 96, and that there were Jester Cap and Nightmare versions, too (I've found maybe 3 pictures).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Zoness posted:

:munch:

mr shine confirmed to live in las vegas?

Pretty sure him definitely not diamond.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

MelonSoda5000 posted:

Hi folks,

I bought the set at a vintage toy shop a few years ago. Here's what the owner told me about it:

It is from at least 10 years ago if not longer and was given to company executives at the launch of some product.

I'd love to have a verifiable origin story on these. However, I've spent a fair bit of time searching for more information, but haven't had too much luck. I know that they came out around 96, and that there were Jester Cap and Nightmare versions, too (I've found maybe 3 pictures).

maybe make a post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageMTGACC/

But yeah there is not much on these things.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

MelonSoda5000 posted:

Hi folks,

Have you tried asking someone at Wizards of the Coast?

MelonSoda5000
May 1, 2007

MMMM, MMMMMFF..

Bugsy posted:

maybe make a post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageMTGACC/

But yeah there is not much on these things.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Angry Grimace posted:

Have you tried asking someone at Wizards of the Coast?

No, not yet. I've thought about it, but I just don't know who to ask or where to start. I'd love a suggestion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

MelonSoda5000 posted:

I'll give that a try, thanks!

No, not yet. I've thought about it, but I just don't know who to ask or where to start. I'd love a suggestion.

Mark Rosewater on his blog (blogatog) would probably know who to direct you to (he has a lot of posts where he does that). Its possible he might even know the answer since he started working for them in like Ice Age.

Another idea is to put a thread on reddit with the picture and information.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

MelonSoda5000 posted:

Hi folks,

Misprints and Oddities on FB might have folks who know too:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisprints/

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2

MelonSoda5000 posted:

Hi folks,

According to this, some dude got them in the military: http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/025111.html

Not gonna lie, I would use either the Shivan or Nightmare bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Rukawa posted:

According to this, some dude got them in the military: http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/025111.html

Not gonna lie, I would use either the Shivan or Nightmare bags.

The bags aren't military, only the playmat in that thread is. It's a poo poo playmat, too.

• Locked thread