Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Getting hair past the awkward middle length sucks. Just long enough to have to be controlled unless you want to look like an idiot, too short to actually be able to control it.

I'm glad I got that done years ago but I kind of worry that I'll have to cut it below that length for some reason and have to deal with it again.

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ozz81 posted:

Speaking of change - whenever I go someplace to pay with cash and try to get rid of some change so I can get fewer pennies back. Example: Go to the store, get groceries, comes out to say, $44.97. I give the cashier $50.02 so I can get $5.05, one bill, one nickel. I'd say 75% of the time the cashier looks at me funny, tries to hand the change back, and I have to explain why I'm giving that amount of change.

How did you get a loving job not being able to do basic addition and subtraction in your head? :psyduck:

Take your change to a bank. They look at you funny because you're being weird and inconvenient, it's nothing to do with not being able to do arithmetic.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Vox pops on the news. I don't care what random schlub A and random schlub B thinks about the issue.The idiotic questions reporters ask are worse:

Reporter: what do you think about the murdered children?
Random schlub: oh isn't it terrible! So so terrible.
Reporter: does child murder make you sad?
Random schlub: oh yes very sad.

Replete with next 6 news reports. loving lazy 'journalism'.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Dr Scoofles posted:

Vox pops on the news. I don't care what random schlub A and random schlub B thinks about the issue.The idiotic questions reporters ask are worse:

Reporter: what do you think about the murdered children?
Random schlub: oh isn't it terrible! So so terrible.
Reporter: does child murder make you sad?
Random schlub: oh yes very sad.

Replete with next 6 news reports. loving lazy 'journalism'.

And now it's "here's what dipshits on Twitter and Facebook had to say" too

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
When Podcasts "take a break" in the middle that serves no purpose!

Some of them use that for their sponsors. Ok, I get that. Gotta pay the bills.

But there's a couple I listen to where the break in the middle is just some music. That's it. And not, like, new music they might be payed to put in. It's some cheap/free public domain/CC licensed crap. It's like not their a live radio show where they need to use the can, or something. I just don't get it.

And half the time I listen to podcasts I'm working out, and I hate touching my phone to skip ahead because I don't want my sweaty fingers all over my phone.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Ozz81 posted:

How did you get a loving job not being able to do basic addition and subtraction in your head? :psyduck:

I shouldn't even bother replying since someone's going to call me an idiot, but this attitude right here is my pet peeve.

No, addition and subtraction are not hard at all, but doing quick math in my head is just about impossible for me. Numbers dissolve in my brain like cotton candy in water. I can't remember any phone numbers or dates, either.

When I worked retail I practiced counting out change over and over and over again, but it didn't help.

I know I'm not dumb, but I had to deal with people who obviously thought I was because they didn't get their motherfucking nickel. :argh:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

How some people feel the need to say something or make some kind of big gesture every time they pass by you.
I pass by the same guy at work all day and he always says, "Hey! How's it going?" At first I'm like "Hey, good", and then like 50 times later in the same day I'm reduced to barely lifting my eyebrows.

Usually the same kind of people who throw out "I mean, am I right???" all the time when telling stories. Yes I acknowledge you. Please stop.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

artsy fartsy posted:

I shouldn't even bother replying since someone's going to call me an idiot, but this attitude right here is my pet peeve.

No, addition and subtraction are not hard at all, but doing quick math in my head is just about impossible for me. Numbers dissolve in my brain like cotton candy in water. I can't remember any phone numbers or dates, either.

When I worked retail I practiced counting out change over and over and over again, but it didn't help.

I know I'm not dumb, but I had to deal with people who obviously thought I was because they didn't get their motherfucking nickel. :argh:

That's a working memory deficiency and there's nothing you can do to fix it. Sorry, friend, but you'll always freeze up like a prom date who forgot the condoms when someone asks you to calculate the tip at a restaurant or whatever. Get to work committing shortcuts to memory to make things easier on yourself or you'll be frustrated forever.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Ozz81 posted:

Speaking of change - whenever I go someplace to pay with cash and try to get rid of some change so I can get fewer pennies back. Example: Go to the store, get groceries, comes out to say, $44.97. I give the cashier $50.02 so I can get $5.05, one bill, one nickel. I'd say 75% of the time the cashier looks at me funny, tries to hand the change back, and I have to explain why I'm giving that amount of change.

How did you get a loving job not being able to do basic addition and subtraction in your head? :psyduck: And these are the same self-entitled idiots that expect $15/hour for no experience right out of high school and can't be bothered to wake up before 11am to work. gently caress stupid millennials.

poo poo heads like this guy and his inconvenient change habit are my pet peeve. If this is a recurring problem 75% of the time, maybe you are the problem.

As others have said, take your change to a bank. Too lazy? Start using debit. Not your style? Then at least stop complaining about "stupid millenials" and how they are unworthy of having a living wage because they don't do quick arithmetic at your every request.

gently caress stupid millenials? gently caress you.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Theyre standing in front of a magic money box. They put how much money they received into it and then it tells them how much to give you.

Theres no reason why this should be hard.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That's a working memory deficiency and there's nothing you can do to fix it. Sorry, friend, but you'll always freeze up like a prom date who forgot the condoms when someone asks you to calculate the tip at a restaurant or whatever. Get to work committing shortcuts to memory to make things easier on yourself or you'll be frustrated forever.

It's true. :(

But the tip one is easy, you just move the decimal over and double it!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

It's true. :(

But the tip one is easy, you just move the decimal over and double it!

I want to work at whatever restaurant you frequent.

This is a low-key pet peeve for me, too: the gradually drifting definition of a socially acceptable tip in the U.S. When I was a kid, it seemed like 10% was a decent tip. As recently as a few years ago everyone seemed to agree that 15% was the standard. Now social media is full of people trying to convince me that 20% is the absolute bare minimum to make me a decent human being; the same 10% that my parents gave 20 years ago is nothing short of an insult. And we're talking percentages here, so inflation shouldn't apply.

P.S. no tipping derail, TIA

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

walrusman posted:

This is a low-key pet peeve for me, too: the gradually drifting definition of a socially acceptable tip in the U.S. When I was a kid, it seemed like 10% was a decent tip. As recently as a few years ago everyone seemed to agree that 15% was the standard. Now social media is full of people trying to convince me that 20% is the absolute bare minimum to make me a decent human being; the same 10% that my parents gave 20 years ago is nothing short of an insult. And we're talking percentages here, so inflation shouldn't apply.

Posts terrible, harmful opinion about topic. Please don't talk about topic, thanks.

That's my pet peeve.

Thirteen Orphans has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Aug 21, 2015

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

walrusman posted:

Most people I know don't leave 20%, I just do 'cause I like tipping well when I can

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Baldbeard posted:

How some people feel the need to say something or make some kind of big gesture every time they pass by you.
I pass by the same guy at work all day and he always says, "Hey! How's it going?" At first I'm like "Hey, good", and then like 50 times later in the same day I'm reduced to barely lifting my eyebrows.

The guy who lives below me and is always out smoking does this and it's super annoying. Taking the rubbish out - How's it going? Coming back inside - How are you? Taking the recycling out two minutes later - Hey, how's it going? Coming back inside again - Hey, what's up? The first time is understandable, the rest is just being weird and annoying.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

Usually the same kind of people who throw out "I mean, am I right???" all the time when telling stories. Yes I acknowledge you. Please stop.

Ohhhhh god, I hate those people. They are just the worst. There's this one chick who comes to my friend's parties sometimes and every time she talks she just has to say "right" or "yeah?" at the end of every sentence, but it's not just a rhetorical quirk. She actually expects people to reply to it. Like, c'mon, I'm obviously holding a conversation with you, don't loving make me acknowledge every single loving sentence you say.

My pet peeve today- people who cannot get their poo poo in order in the grocery store. They know they're going to have to pay for their groceries, they've had to have done this before, they have to know that at some point that money is gonna have to be handed over, so why in the absolute christing gently caress can they not get their money out before hand? Just get the loving money out! It makes everything go smoother because instead of making everyone stand around all day waiting for your lazy rear end to get your money out and dig around in your purse/wallet for coupons or whatever we could already be the gently caress out of here. I don't want to wait in line for ten minutes if I don't have to, I just want to get my dinner and go home.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
It's such a small thing, but it annoys me when people at work give instructions by asking if I 'want' to do things-- "Hey Parasol, want to straighten up that desk a little?" "Would you like to sort these files later?" "How about starting on this list of 50 outgoing calls to cranky senior citizens and their bad phone connections?"

Because the answer's always going to be yes. I know that, they know that, just politely ask me to do the goddamn job and I'll do it. Don't dress it up like it's actually a personal choice I'm making.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Parasol Prophet posted:

It's such a small thing, but it annoys me when people at work give instructions by asking if I 'want' to do things-- "Hey Parasol, want to straighten up that desk a little?" "Would you like to sort these files later?" "How about starting on this list of 50 outgoing calls to cranky senior citizens and their bad phone connections?"

Because the answer's always going to be yes. I know that, they know that, just politely ask me to do the goddamn job and I'll do it. Don't dress it up like it's actually a personal choice I'm making.

Oh, sorry, I do this. :( It's just a habit; I know it's not a choice but to me it sounds more polite phrased that way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

walrusman posted:

Oh, sorry, I do this. :( It's just a habit; I know it's not a choice but to me it sounds more polite phrased that way.

Being on the recieving end is just loving condescending, though.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

walrusman posted:

Oh, no worries-- Habits are tough to break, and I understand how it sounds polite, but asking politely can be as simple as "Could you do [task] please?" and sound more genuine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People who say "could care less." It means the opposite of what you want to say which is "couldn't care less."

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gestalt Intellect posted:

People who say "could care less." It means the opposite of what you want to say which is "couldn't care less."

"Either way, it's 6 and 1."

It's the strangest bastardization of "it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other."

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

KoB posted:

Theyre standing in front of a magic money box. They put how much money they received into it and then it tells them how much to give you.

Theres no reason why this should be hard.

loving THANK YOU. Take the money, put in the amount in the register, and let it calculate things for you if your brain isn't good at math. Don't hand me my drat change back because you're too lazy or dumb to figure it out yourself or hit a couple buttons that do the work for you.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You still have count out the correct bills and coins. It`s important to use the biggest bills and coins first because the store has to order it from the bank. That costs money in itsef so you want to use the minimal number of bills and coins, in other words using one big bill is always better than using two small ones. It`s an essential part of lowering operating costs for the store. Being poo poo at mental math will make that very difficult. I got fired from a retail job because i just could not get it rigth. I kept giving out too much change and co-workers accused me of stealing. In new cash registers that process is automated, put coins in at the top get change back in the bottom , if you pay will bills the it will also give back the exact correct amount every time. No need to count out anything. It`s a smart Investment since it makes the cashiers job easier and quicker. Plus it makes stealing from the till much much harder to get away with. If only they had those amazing machine when i worked in retail.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
When there are two water fountains and I go to drink from one and a doofus comes and stands behind me instead of drinking from the other one. I'm not going to hurry just because you're too stupid to realize there's another fountain literally right beside me.

Ditto assholes who will line up behind people going through double doors, instead of opening the other door. I'm not talking about when people are going in the right and coming out on the left side; I'm talking about when there's no oncoming traffic from the other door. Open both doors, jackasses, then we don't all have to wait to go in the building.

When you go and do this, of course, people stare at you as if you've offended their grandma or something. If I want water and you're at the fountain, I'll go to the other one, and you'll stare at me like I groped you or something. I'm standing next to you. This is how they put the fountains. It really should not surprise you that someone else might want to use the other available fountain at the same time as you. That's what it's there for.

Edit: also, at a four-way stop. Say four cars are approaching and you're the third car to stop. Inevitably, the fourth car will make a full stop, then pull into traffic, all with this dumb look on his face, like "what? I did a full stop! I can go now, right?" Yes, dumbass, after the three cars that stopped before you can go.

Same with multiple drivers going in the same direction at a stop sign. Car #2 will try to scoot up on Car #1's stop and count it as his own. Hey, I stopped, though, right? Never mind that it was six feet behind the stop sign and there was another car stopping in front of me, I did a full stop and don't need to do another one, right? No, jerk, you still have to stop at the stop sign. You don't get "credit" for stopping behind someone who's stopping at the sign.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Aug 21, 2015

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Don't make the sad mom working her second shift at the Jack in the Box do money magic because your wallet's cluttered with singles and coins.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

All day long cashiers:
Get customers who hand them big crumpled up balls of loose bills and coins.
Get customers who try to "reduce their coins" but do the math incorrectly and hand back an amount that would return even more coins.
Get customers who hand bills out as they find them in their purse -- so it's a bunch of small bills, some coins, and then a big bill that covers the whole total.
Get customers who argue about the amount that they just handed them, that's still in their hand.

Cashiers are constantly handing back money to customers before anything is punched in. If you want specific change, then simply tell the cashier exactly what you are giving them and what you expect, that way they know to just punch it in.
I've been a cashier at a market, a bank teller, and a cash-books person. The people who roll around with a pocket/purse full of jinglin' change trying to work out the "most efficient" way of paying are more often than not grade A fuckwits and cause the most errors and problems for everyone.

Edit. Obviously my pet peeve is customers in general.

Baldbeard has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Aug 21, 2015

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Baldbeard posted:

All day long cashiers:
Get customers who try to "reduce their coins" but do the math incorrectly and hand back an amount that would return even more coins.
Get customers who hand bills out as they find them in their purse -- so it's a bunch of small bills, some coins, and then a big bill that covers the whole total.
Get customers who argue about the amount that they just handed them, that's still in their hand.

Cashiers are constantly handing back money to customers before anything is punched in. If you want specific change, then simply tell the cashier exactly what you are giving them and what you expect, that way they know to just punch it in.
I've been a cashier at a market, a bank teller, and a cash-books person. The people who roll around with a pocket/purse full of jinglin' change trying to work out the "most efficient" way of paying are more often than not grade A fuckwits and cause the most errors and problems for everyone.

Edit. Obviously my pet peeve is customers in general.

gently caress that, they don't deserve a living wage. They want higher minimum wage for flipping burgers!??? But firefighters! Troops!!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Yeah, as someone who's worked in retail, if your total is $32.52 and you give me $37.98 or whatever, I'm going to be momentarily confused and probably point out that you didn't need to give me all that change. Not because I'm hilariously stupid, but because that's weird.

Do take your change to a bank, we've got the big machine that counts it super-fast and (at the place I work at least) we don't care if you're a customer or not. But don't put it all in a giant bottle with a narrow neck so full that it's impossible to actually get any coins out unless you shake it over the machine for 20 minutes, releasing three pennies with every movement.... Or, god forbid, in dozens of painstakingly hand-rolled paper tubes that we have to tear open one at a time, destroying all your hard work and wasting your time to boot. Or in a giant plastic baggie filled with 30 other smaller plastic baggies that contain a dollar each in assorted coins that we also have to open one at a time to dump into the machine, which cares not for your neat and tidy coin-counting system.

Also, if more than 1/5 of your coin jar consists of Chuck E. Cheese tokens/washers/Canadian nickels/grimy ibuprofen tablets, I reserve the right to frown sadly as I pick every one of them out of the coin tray before running it through. Unidentifiable, half-melted candy gets a big frown.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, agreeing with the others. If you want specific change gently caress off to a bank - looking at you folk who buy something using nothing but 5p and 2p coins you were "saving up". :colbert:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

In that vein, I'm absolutely positive that self service scanners were programmed by a sadistic gently caress.

Balance comes to £7.32

Whack in a £10.

Out plops 2 pound coins. So far so good yeah?

Then comes 12 5p's and 8 1p coins.

You leave the shop sounding like a loving wind chime.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Not really a pet peeve, but I do love watching the assholes at red lights who constantly edge their car forward waiting for the light to change so they can speed away. Yesterday morning I saw one who was expecting it to change for so long that by the time it did, he was in the middle of the intersection.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Baldbeard posted:

All day long cashiers:

Don't forget the guy who wants to "get rid of some change" and dumps five lbs of pennies on the counter for you to count. No buddy, it's no problem, not like it's lunchtime or anything and there isn't a line forming out the goddamn door because of you

"Oh yeah and I forgot, I also need some lottery tickets that I will then stand here and scratch off, blocking anyone else from paying for their poo poo. Let me go grab my other bag of pennies"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
When I worked in a book store, I once had a mom come in with her daughter, who had saved up her money to buy something. They got to my register, and the little girl literally handed me her piggy bank, and the mom just stood there while I emptied it out and started to count as a line formed behind them. I understand wanting to teach your kid about money, and the little girl was adorably proud of herself, but dragging poor retail workers into it is another thing entirely.

Not as bad as the soccer mom who made me reach into her jeans pocket to grab her credit card because she had just had her nails done and didn't want to mess them up. I was so glad when they took me off register and put me onto the information desk.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but can't you just refuse to take that much change? The drawers are only so big and won't fit $10 of pennies physically. Especially if you're in a place that HAS one of those big coin counting machines that then spits out bills. I vaguely recall from my retail days either flat out denying a bag of change, or watching a training video that said "you can deny a bag of change because it wastes everyone's time." But then again I worked in electronics so $100+ of change wasn't happening.

Although one time this couple bought like 50 iPhones, "To sell in Europe" as they said, with $100 bills and it was so much I had to lay out the 100s in little piles on the POS table to make sure I counted right. That was funny though, and they were nice and laughing about it. And I'm not joking they put all the phones into a duffel bag like the ones they used in GTA IV to carry stolen money. I know this sounds like STDH but this was right when the first iPhone was released so there was no limit on how many someone could buy, nothing (yet) that said we couldn't sell to people that were going to resell them, and customers didn't sign on with a phone plan at purchase, because they were supposed to do it through iTunes, at home. :10bux:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Aug 22, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but can't you just refuse to take that much change?

You totally can, but one of two things is gonna happen:

1) The customer shrugs and says "that's cool" and pays another way

2) The customer screams "THIS IS LEGAL TENDER AND BY LAW YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT"

One happens far more frequently than the other. Easier just to count the goddamn change and get them out the door than to stand there arguing with them.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but can't you just refuse to take that much change? The drawers are only so big and won't fit $10 of pennies physically. Especially if you're in a place that HAS one of those big coin counting machines that then spits out bills. I vaguely recall from my retail days either flat out denying a bag of change, or watching a training video that said "you can deny a bag of change because it wastes everyone's time." But then again I worked in electronics so $100+ of change wasn't happening.

I'm sure I could have refused it, but at the time I was eighteen and painfully shy. If you were older than me, you were an authority figure and I was terrified of pissing you off. I think customers can smell that on you.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Aug 22, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Crap, I forgot about those things. Been too long since I was in retail. Apparently I retained the good memories and blocked out the rest.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Davros1 posted:

Not really a pet peeve, but I do love watching the assholes at red lights who constantly edge their car forward waiting for the light to change so they can speed away. Yesterday morning I saw one who was expecting it to change for so long that by the time it did, he was in the middle of the intersection.

Basically, fuckers in automatic transmission cars who have no impulse control. Inch up-it's still red. Inch up--it's still red. Inch up--IT'S STILL RED MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CONVINCE THE LIGHT TO CHANGE FASTER WITH YOUR PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE BULLSHIT? These are also the fuckheads who are never ready to go when the light actually does turn. Why do people do this??

These are also the same people who will get up on your rear end at a red light on a hill, and when you go to give them the "hey I'm in a manual, get off my rear end" roll back, then inch up a bit to give yourself a little room, they still get up on your rear end. Then act surprised when the light changes, and whoa gravity is a thing? and you slide back a little before taking off.

Yes, I could e-brake start, and yes, I could hit the gas sooner, but I love seeing their eyes get all big when they realize, oh so she WASN'T performing magic when she was rocking back at the light. Fortunately my car is old, and in our state if someone gets too close and you accidentally bump them on a hill at a light, they're at fault for being too close. It hasn't been an issue so far because there are not a whole lot of hills where I live, but I specifically avoid certain routes in San Francisco for this very reason.

Basically idiots who can't control their vehicles are my pet peeve.

Edit: I'm aware that this post makes me look like the rear end in a top hat but when you've had enough of idiot automatic-trans drivers, you have to fight passive aggressiveness with passive aggressiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Customers who take something off a shelf, later decide they don't want it and don't bother putting it back where they found it. I work on the raw meat department and our products need to be kept chilled! Please don't take our stuff and then dump it in a freezer or on a non-refrigerated shelf! :saddowns:

Also, parents who let their kids run around like they're in a playground. We do our cuts in-store and then it gets put on trays and overwrapped, and kids just can't resist touching the joints. Usually it's more of a slight annoyance at best since most of them just poke and don't press hard enough to leave a dent in the meat, but I've had to waste an entire pack of 20 sausages on more than one occasion because some lovely kid decided to jam their finger RIGHT into one of the sausages.

Basically I hate having to go through the wasting process on food that would have otherwise been perfectly fine, had someone not frozen it or left it out to get warm or poked a big hole in it. :(