Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Illegal Username posted:

The weirdest loving thing happened.
I played that ASL game yesterday, and today my friend calls me if i'm up for a game.
"Dude,i literally spent this morning thinking how I could have won that scenario. Meet you at five?"
"Haha, gently caress, sure It's been ages since we played wargames, isn't it?"

It's been over a decade since we spent our meager cash on WH40k and spent every gaming session bickering about rules minutiae, having meltdowns about losing and never noticing the horrible imbalance which meant the newest army would always win.
I don't know if it's because we now have an actual Good Game or is it just because we're grown-rear end men who realize board games are not Serious Business (but are still childish enough to devote hours into them), we had an absolute loving blast.
He wanted a rematch of Vierville and this time it did not take three loving hours. Ultimately i won, but he absolutely murdered my Paratroopers and came within a hex of his objective with a series of balls-tighteningly close melees. No bickering whatsoever, just good times and dice throwing and the occasional sperg about probabilities because he is just that kind of a guy.
Ok, now for the weird poo poo. My girlfriend who initially told me i am a idiot child for spending so much money on a boardgame was around. At first she retreated to watch tv but at some point she joined me on the couch and started asking things like "what do those numbers on the cardboard mean?" and "why did you just flip the chit, didn't they just get shot?" and ultimately things like "why didn't you move those squads in that building instead, you would have had full firepower to his half firepower?"

She wants to play a game of ASL tomorrow :psyduck:

I don't know if i should be happy or terrified

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Illegal Username posted:

Both.

It's the Jungian thing, sir.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Illegal Username posted:

Both. As befits any person who successfully creates the engine of their own destruction.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Okay lads, who's interested in some custom EotS dice? Chessex have given me a quote, but I need to get 10 pairs in to meet minimum .

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

What are the unique faces?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm currently waiting for them to answer some questions, but ideally I would want blue dice with a white star like the TS custom dice and the other one would be white with a rising sun in red.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Five-pointed stars and dead Chinese.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Would you have them placed on the 0/10 face? I may be interested.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
hot dogs and frost bitten Chinese peasant medical experiments

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
corn pipes and geisha girls

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'd like a pair or two please.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 23, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright if you check the cheesex site for the colours, this is what they can do:

- Scarab Royal Blue w/ Gold d10 with a white five pointed star replacing the 0 side.
- opaque white w/ black d10 with a red Japanese battle flag replacing the 0 side.

Ideally I would want the numbers in white for the blue die and in red for.the white die. I might see if there is a website that can do as I want.but considering that cheesex is cheap and has a low order minimum I doubt it. Who's still interested?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The gold fits the blue die because it's like an admiralty flag

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
As a soverign wargamer I refuse to respect the results of your morale checks

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It seems like it would be easier for them to do a single color for the faces

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Nope, I asked them and the numbers have to be in a specific colour, the custom side can be whatever you want

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Sample pics:

I'll probably order them because they look nice. Any takers?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

How much are they?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Including shipping its gonna be 56 dollars for 20 dice in total, so 6 dollars for a pair?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

How much does it cost to ship to the U.S.?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'd throw in for that as long as it's ok getting shipped to the US.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Dunno, it wouldn't cost too much since it would be a small package that doesn't weigh much. I would need to check however.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

It would actually cost less if we had someone in the U.S. take the original shipping and then forward the dice to me/other peeps in the U.S.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Who lives in the middle of the country? I'm in MI, so it's close, but Indiana or Illinois would work better.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Basically if we do find someone to take shipping to the U.S., they'll need to pay the cost to cheesex and then figure out costs for shipping to people. otherwise it gets shipped to the UK and I have to ship back myself, making the dice a bit more expensive for everyone. Some people here in the UK want the dice so I'd need like 5 pairs anyway.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'll still take two pairs - I'm in Canada.

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
If there is a set available, I would be happy to take one set. I too am in Canada.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 23, 2016

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'll get a spreadsheet with shipping quotes running tonight if you guys wanna email me zip codes

Lordfrisksa@gmail.con

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Lord Frisk, do you want me to forward you the email I've been having with chessex? The base dice cost 30 dollars for the lot (1.50 each), P&P to the UK was 26.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

yeah, send it over. Their hq is apparently in indiana, so it oughta be able to come straight up the road to my place without costing a ton for shipping.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

after doing some searching, turns out the ol' post office is the best choice. doesn't look too expensive either. shipping two pair to canada is around $15 and 4 pair to the UK is $25. Both quotes include cost of dice. Given a pair of dice is $3, do the math yourself. But yeah, it oughta be quite doable. Send an email if you want a pair, wargoons.

lordfrisksa@gmail.com

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
I would like a set. Shipping would be to NYC. Already sent an email.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Just FYI, I'm gonna wait until we have at least a set of ten pairs before I check with Chessex for a final quote. You guys will also eat the price of an envelope, because gently caress you.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Lord Frisk, don't worry, if there is any surplus I'll take it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I also want to give a couple stragglers a chance. Stash said he wanted a pair as well, and someone else in Canada. How about this: I'll give you guys till Monday to figure it out, then I will finalize an order to Chessex and get a quote. I will then email a final quote with a paypal (does paypal work with everyone?) and we can go from there.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Paypal works with me. I have told chessex to expect an email from someone else regarding the project.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'll go in for a pair of dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Lord Frisk posted:

I also want to give a couple stragglers a chance. Stash said he wanted a pair as well, and someone else in Canada. How about this: I'll give you guys till Monday to figure it out, then I will finalize an order to Chessex and get a quote. I will then email a final quote with a paypal (does paypal work with everyone?) and we can go from there.

Sent an email