Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

i wonder if his lawyer's stolen all his money yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

on the other hand why are they keeping him without charging him? does he have to confess before charged for it to count or do they really not have enough to get him?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

japan has a shame based culture the west is a guilt based culture
i don't really know what this means i mean i read the wiki but my eyes kind of glazed over. i feel shame and guilt so its hard to understand if they mean a japanese dude who breaks the law is 100% fine with it until people find out and then the shame just breaks them in half
does not feeling shame make it really hard to get convicted or does everyone get broken when tossed into the wringer? what's the conviction rate v. westerners?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

what does your heart tell you?

hint: theres a reason the japanese legal system has a 99% conviction rate

99% if they go to trial. they often don't go to trial unless they have a confession

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Dessert Rose posted:

thanks for drawing a summoning circle for him you idiots

hail satan everyday

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CampingCarl posted:

on the other hand why are they keeping him without charging him? does he have to confess before charged for it to count or do they really not have enough to get him?

japan lawyers and the system as a whole is dumb as bricks so they rather just hold you until you confess (then they charge you using the confession) or they let you go.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

hobbesmaster posted:

99% if they go to trial. they often don't go to trial unless they have a confession

of the ones that go to trial, what % don't have a confession?

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
ppl get upset that japanese people will confess to things they didn't do, but that happens in the american court system all the time

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
how else can i feel superior to the scary foreigners

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Boxturret posted:

how else can i feel superior to the scary foreigners
i do it by thinking about how much larger my genitals are than theirs

youll have to find some other way though

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nagato posted:

ppl get upset that japanese people will confess to things they didn't do, but that happens in the american court system all the time

pretty much. american policing is based on finding someone who you can get charges to stick to in the least amount of time. if they gave a fakeconfession because they had been stuck in the same room for hours and hours of relentless questioning then oh well that's their fault for not knowing the magic words to invoke to make it stop.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nagato posted:

based on the description given of the "we can just hold you for 23 days" part, there's no way their rate isn't higher

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Also if you're Japanese your professional life is basically over the moment you're arrested, regardless of circumstances

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i think you will find a scary number of american folks end up in prison without having a trial by jury of their peers

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol yes please more stories about the horrors of the unfathomable and inhuman japanese justice system :allears:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
foreigners

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
if you're a foreigner in a Japanese prison they feed you dog food everyday....... and you like it

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:eyepop: dropping stacks on titles

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Stymie posted:

lol yes please more stories about the horrors of the unfathomable and inhuman japanese justice system :allears:

Their method of prosecution is bad, i know nothing of their penal system, holding someone for 23 days without a real charge is obviously messed up

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Boxturret posted:

it seems that the darknet market agora stole everyone's money and may have been behind the crash a few days ago?

false alarm, agora's back up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Their method of prosecution is bad, i know nothing of their penal system, holding someone for 23 days without a real charge is obviously messed up

Come back when they're holding refugees without charge, clean water, food, protection from the elements. :colbert:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So if Mark-san stays quiet for a long time can he just retire on his Tibanne's bitwealth?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How do you say "I don't understand this law. I am a smelly gaijin who is afraid, I want to cooperate but I am afraid. It would feel much better if you guys provided me with a lawyer-san" in Japanese?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Pinku bento box'

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
turns out mark was the honey badger of suspects all along

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

don't worry in the uk it's 28 if they can however tenuously tie it to terrorism

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

unpacked robinhood posted:

turns out mark was the honey badger of suspects all along

karpeles is using his super powers of doing nothing and not giving a poo poo to dodge the charges

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
so serafanfic is still on probation but i wanted to see what his current avatar looks like because some of the star citizen stuff has been surprisingly amusing and

well

am i reading too much into the fact that he's suddenly joined the B/W Photo Of A Dead Author style that made people get cefte and i confused back in the day?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bitcoin works the same way

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Heresiarch posted:

so serafanfic is still on probation but i wanted to see what his current avatar looks like because some of the star citizen stuff has been surprisingly amusing and

well

am i reading too much into the fact that he's suddenly joined the B/W Photo Of A Dead Author style that made people get cefte and i confused back in the day?
if i had to guess i'd say he recognized that you are a well-respected poster, and wants to be treated like an adult too

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
he'll last a year without food

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
lol he's getting arrested again which resets the detainment counter

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

anthonypants posted:

if i had to guess i'd say he recognized that you are a well-respected poster, and wants to be treated like an adult too

i don't know how i feel about this

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
I wonder if we've heard karpelès speak french on tape at some point about bitcoins

hon hon hon

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if they've seen his samurai cosplay pictures

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
more importantly i wonder if hes really guilty of crimes or if he's just a dumbass :ohdear:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

poik007 posted:

more importantly i wonder if hes really guilty of crimes or if he's just a dumbass :ohdear:

why can't it be both

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Robawesome posted:

Note from VendorCRYSTAL LOTUS- EMERGENCY News for Blotter customers- (self.AgMarketplace)

You did get your whole order 1/4th inch square just like 1 hit of LSD = .58-.66mg of Alprazolam. meaning 3 squares = aprox 2mg.

Meaning each 100x " sheet" 2.5inches by 2.5inches = 25 Bars rated at 2.66mg measured at 4 1/4th inch squares each.

each sheet measures 2.5in x 2.5in : 1 Square measures 1/4th in.

50x = 2 sheets of 100 100x= 4 sheets of 100 225x= 9 sheets of 100

PLEASE DO NOT OVER DOSE PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT DOSING ASK ME THIS IS TO PREVENT HARM AND CLARIFY ABOUT CUSTOMER CONFUSION ON THEIR ORDER. (it is clear many customers are confused)

imperial units claim more victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poik007
Aug 16, 2006

Dessert Rose posted:

why can't it be both

uhm, arent hu-mans perfect logical/rational actors

• Locked thread