Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
Finished the game on PC last night. I was one of the lucky ones that it ran moderately OK for, with some annoying lag that made some of the 'race around town' segments (firefly, APCs) a little challenging. 69 hours on record, but I didn't do some of the AR challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Is the zur-en-arrh skin out for the PC if I don't want to mod poo poo? I tried to follow whatever directions were on the WB forums, but I'm either retarded or they didn't work. I already have the animu skin.
Honestly, "modding" in this case involves literally overwriting one text file. It's absolutely painless. There were a bunch of people having issues getting it through the forum login; just save yourself the trouble.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

redbackground posted:

edit: I've discovered the most annoying youtuber voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG5y70M95FQ

That's got to be a gimmick, he sounds just like Eddie Deezen

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

EvilTwig posted:

Finished the game on PC last night. I was one of the lucky ones that it ran moderately OK for, with some annoying lag that made some of the 'race around town' segments (firefly, APCs) a little challenging. 69 hours on record, but I didn't do some of the AR challenges.

Did you have enhanced smoke or whatever it's called on? That's the setting that lags the Batmobile most.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The 1960's Batgirl, Yvonne Craig, passed away as a result of cancer complications on Monday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/actress-yvonne-craig-best-known-for-her-role-as-batgirl-dies-at-78/

quote:

In a statement on Craig's website, her family touted her successes, saying, "Yvonne excelled in ballet, a film career, a business life, as well as in philanthropic and charity work over the years. She had been able to do this with joy and much laughter and she wouldn't have changed a thing. Well, maybe one thing and that would have been not to get cancer buy Arkham Knight on PC."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

EvilTwig posted:

Firefly does eventually run out of afterburner fuel if you just keep him in eyeshot long enough for anyone having trouble with that section.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

PostNouveau posted:

Firefly does eventually run out of afterburner fuel if you just keep him in eyeshot long enough for anyone having trouble with that section.

An endless/extended/marathon Firefly scenario, or one using additional fire wrinkles, could be quite interesting, now that I think of it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

Honestly thought you meant to run him dry before pouncing, ha.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

If you're upset WB didn't/doesn't give half a poo poo about Arkham Knight on PC buying another WB game is an odd way to show it.

Well I'm not buying it on PC, so there's that. Also it's by the Just Cause guys so regardless of publisher it's still something I want.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm starting up NG+ with the Jokermobile as the default -mobile skin and absolutely nothing diffuses the gravity of a situation than those loving giant feet sticking out over the back wheels.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

redbackground posted:

I'm starting up NG+ with the Jokermobile as the default -mobile skin and absolutely nothing diffuses the gravity of a situation than those loving giant feet sticking out over the back wheels.

I'm guessing the wheel crush interrogation will be especially fun.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
JFC, this mission where you defend GPD.

How many tanks?

All of them...all the tanks.

Oh, and I guess a couple missile battery things that spam two missiles from two different directions every ten seconds? Yeah, why not?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I guess if you haven't upgraded the Batmobile it's tough? Or if you are bad at tank combat. In some ways it's easier than other fights because at least they're not coming from all directions.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

I guess if you haven't upgraded the Batmobile it's tough? Or if you are bad at tank combat. In some ways it's easier than other fights because at least they're not coming from all directions.
I thought it was pretty easy as you have a whole bunch more room to maneuver around, too, IIR. If I can beat it the first try, anybody can.

ANYWAY, PC patch update.
It probably won't be out this month, but it looks like it's going to address the big problems.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 21, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

poptart_fairy posted:

Honestly thought you meant to run him dry before pouncing, ha.

Yeah, I thought that too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DrBouvenstein posted:

How many tanks?

Oh, and I guess a couple missile battery things that spam two missiles from two different directions every ten seconds? Yeah, why not?

Use the EMP if you get overwhelmed by missiles, or use the missile swarm to take them out in midair or destroy the launchers before they can fire. The hack tool is also very handy because not only do you have tanks fighting on your side, but the hostile drones will divide up between attacking you and them, meaning there is a 50-66% lower chance of being targeted while they are around.

But the main thing in that mission is to listen out for the supporting character's instructions, they'll lay out targets for you that will wipe out large chunks of the attacking force at once and make things a hell of a lot easier.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

redbackground posted:

I thought it was pretty easy as you have a whole bunch more room to maneuver around, too, IIR. If I can beat it the first try, anybody can.

ANYWAY, PC patch update.
It probably won't be out this month, but it looks like it's going to address the big problems.

loving figures.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

How many tanks?

I always try and target the missile launchers for a hack. They do some good damage to the enemy tanks before they're taken out.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

redbackground posted:

ANYWAY, PC patch update.

quote:

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

• Skipping the boot up splash screens
• DLC/Season Pass content
• Additional updates such as Photo Mode

They really are hard at work over there. Might even be able to release the game for the Christmas market.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They really are hard at work over there. Might even be able to release the game for the Christmas market.

This is just loving ridiculous, how much they suck.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Bushmaori posted:

Ya'll just gonna skip over everything above it on that list and the note that that's not a top priority, huh?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Considering that took me less than 30 seconds to rename the files so it'd skip anyway...

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Considering that took me less than 30 seconds to rename the files so it'd skip anyway...

Don't even need to rename files. -nologo in the launch options gets rid of them.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
they should hire me at iron galaxy I've got all the most powerful launch options memorised

come on dave lang, you fucker

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
In the promo vid for the 1989 Batmobile I'm pretty sure I saw it firing the machine guns. I haven't been able to make it do this on PS4. Anyone got any idea if this is actually in the release, and how to do it?

I also got a prompt for "L3 - Deploy Countermeasures" when I was away from it and some goons were swarming it, but I haven't been able to recreate it. What does it do?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Bushmaori posted:

It's almost the same press release from July, too. "Oh we're putting the patch into testing..." Oh word?

Arkham Knight was good but no way would I have paid money for the PC version if I hadn't gotten it free with my 970. I'm interested to see if Mad Max will also be a broken port on PC when it launches.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

evobatman posted:

I also got a prompt for "L3 - Deploy Countermeasures" when I was away from it and some goons were swarming it, but I haven't been able to recreate it. What does it do?

It shocks the hell out of the guys that are swarming it. It's funny at least once.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I got my card back from repair and have been playing with the 750 ti I was using as a temp GPU as a physx card. Smooths gameplay out more than I would've thought, and keeps my 780 at around 92% utilization instead of 99, which is interesting.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Levantine posted:

It's almost the same press release from July, too. "Oh we're putting the patch into testing..." Oh word?

Arkham Knight was good but no way would I have paid money for the PC version if I hadn't gotten it free with my 970. I'm interested to see if Mad Max will also be a broken port on PC when it launches.

Avalanche developed the PC version in-house. It should be fine.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
This was hands-down the best game I've played this console generation, and people who hate the Batmobile are dumb. That's my story thanks for listening.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I was ambivalent about the batmobile until the drill tank thing "fight". gently caress that part. It killed any motivation I had to try a NG+ because I would have to do it again. I actually cheered a little bit when the batmobile gets smashed at the end of it because I knew I wouldn't have to do another forced car level for a while.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Cool thing about this stupid busted game being fixed "in a few weeks" is that I no longer give a poo poo, good job WB.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

This was hands-down the best game I've played this console generation, and people who hate the Batmobile are dumb. That's my story thanks for listening.

On the other hand the boss fights regarding the batmobile were poorly done at best and if you think otherwise you are, in fact, dumb. Driving and such was real fun though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Boss fights have always been poo poo in the Rocksteady games, lets not pretend the Batmobile was responsible for that particular problem.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, it appears the next Arkham Episode is nightwing.

Dear goodness, I hope it's better than the Red hood one. gently caress that one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't wait for the engaging boss fight with Penguin's goons.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It'll take place at the GCPD, supposedly. I really need more than five or six rooms strung together to get interested.

They have the entire Batman universe to play with - and have set up a fantastic "Bruce Wayne can't be batman" status quo.

And yet I'm sure any story content will be as simple as "here be enemy. Punch enemy. End."

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
What makes everyone hate the drill fight? I don't get it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mogomra posted:

What makes everyone hate the drill fight? I don't get it.

Mistakes = instant death. It's not that fun a fight and I'm a fan of the Batmobile. Also the car is way easier to control in first person and the game doesn't really teach you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A ton of people make the mistake of chasing after the Knight rather than sitting by a tunnel and shooting at him for attention.

• Locked thread