Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Oh also, he added Cooking for Blockheads!

EDIT:

SugarAddict posted:

-Killed Thyrork. This should make producing eldritch eyes easier.

What?

That's the new POI ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hell yeah good update. Now to see if I can merge in the changes I made without breaking everything....

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Magres posted:

Oh, cool! That's really slick.

Yeah it's really badly done since we realized we needed it like, last night. But the power it gave us has given us some ideas for cool things we can do with a similar technology in a future pack. :) I'm pumped because the POI's are my favorite part of Blightfall.

Demiurge4 posted:

Did you look at Thaumic Horizons when adding stuff to the pack? Any particular reason it's not included? :)

I think talonos has talked about it in front of me, but I don't remember sorry :(

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Whoever it was that brought up crossbows as a primary weapon: holy poo poo thank you. I've built a fusewood one and I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the loving POLICE TAINTED poo poo right now!

All I need do now is prep a bunch of food and I'm ready to explore this godforsaken purple continent.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Yeah it's really badly done since we realized we needed it like, last night. But the power it gave us has given us some ideas for cool things we can do with a similar technology in a future pack. :) I'm pumped because the POI's are my favorite part of Blightfall.

:agreed:

I love the exploration stuff in Blightfall, the little secrets are incredibly fun and the sheer terror the second time you hear that BAWK. BAWK. BAWK. is amazing. It made me so happy that you guys referenced that in the pre-2.0 launch fluff.

Really, the ability to load in new things to people's maps without requiring map wipes is really cool and opens up some awesome possibilities to do like, a map that actively evolves over time. An idea/example of this for Blightfall would be like... the new planet has rings ala Saturn, and the idiots who blighted the planet managed to blight those too. At some point there's a meteor shower and at like 5 places throughout the world map, the land has become reinfected with an extra virulent new form of Blight you gotta go to town on. Or the Volcano erupts but is filled with blight :unsmigghh:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So a friend of mine is unable to open his HQM book in Blightfall, even after relaunching the client. Any fix?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I am unsure how the POIs work. Do they just mark "hey there's poo poo here" or can I discover them permanently in some way?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

So a friend of mine is unable to open his HQM book in Blightfall, even after relaunching the client. Any fix?

Uhhhh is there anything in the logs? Maybe on the server?

Elswyyr posted:

I am unsure how the POIs work. Do they just mark "hey there's poo poo here" or can I discover them permanently in some way?

POI's are just the name for the discoverable cool stuff in the world. There's no mechanic around them, there's just some cool hidden stuff in the world like the greattree with thaumcraft junk east of Omega and the dead Thyrork with an eldritch eye that we added with this update.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
We're idiots and he upgraded before the server did. All fine now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Glory of Arioch posted:

Garden of Glass isn't a monolithic mod pack, it's just the name of the insert you can add to a modpack to enable Botania's skyblock mode when making a new map

so you can put whatever you want in with it (though anything other than basic utility mods like NEI and WAILA are cheating!!!!)

I'm installing Iron Chests and JABBA because vanilla chest stacking is butts,, fight me :colbert:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Updating seems to have given dirt blocks a thaumcraft value of 23 Ignis. Is this just me or is anyone else getting that?

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm installing Iron Chests and JABBA because vanilla chest stacking is butts,, fight me :colbert:

You should also take a look at Storage Drawers and Super Crafting Frame then if you are looking for low tech storage options.
I prefer Storage Drawers these days to JABBA because honestly I never need -that- much of a single kind of item unless I'm saving cobble to make Bedrockium Drums or something silly. Plus the Diamond Dolly and B-Space upgrade is a bit much I feel, though I think you can disable both of those.
Super Crafting Frame is just nice to craft junk from any inventory(including your own) by clicking a frame with the desired recipe inputted into it. Also it has a void frame so there is a simple trash can option if you aren't using Extra Utilities.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Haha I was all excited about trying out this cooking for blockheads thing until I saw that it takes two diamonds just to make the table. I'm not even mad, it's just too stupid. Blockheads indeed!

Minecraft mods!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Edminster posted:

Whoever it was that brought up crossbows as a primary weapon: holy poo poo thank you. I've built a fusewood one and I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the loving POLICE TAINTED poo poo right now!

All I need do now is prep a bunch of food and I'm ready to explore this godforsaken purple continent.

Yeah That was maybe? me. The Fusewood was suggested by someone else and yeah it's pretty great. Not quite a pink slime machinegun but it's getting the job done! And much cheaper to repair too.

I've also managed to get some Sangunite Shurikens which are pretty fun :getin:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Cooking for Blockheads is a cool mod but it's extremely poorly made and clicking items in the table only works like 1/3 the time, and when it breaks it breaks so bad that the table won't work again till you reconnect.

E: It also doesn't work at all on any recipes that have multiple ways of being made. e.g. dough or cheese

Taffer fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 21, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Btw to be clear, i misunderstood how eyes worked and thought you needed three things, to be insane enough, to have read the book and to have had an eye at one point.

Turns out i was wrong on the last, but this still helps players who have no idea what im talking about because they've never progressed enough to know what lies within.

So... its a free eye And more. :shrug: I remember pulling my hair out about ender eyes last time i played OMP-i and could have sworn I had read the bad people book.

E: Confirmed, Chunk Loader has a bug with its aspects, Talonos is informed.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 21, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

reignonyourparade posted:

Updating seems to have given dirt blocks a thaumcraft value of 23 Ignis. Is this just me or is anyone else getting that?

Yup, me too. Weird! I can't even tell what caused that.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

:psyboom:

E: And Talonos's already figured both bugs out. :toot:

E2:

quote:

Blightfall has been updated to version 2.1.1a
2.1.1a:

Recipe Changes:
-Cooking for Blockheads vol 2 made easier to craft. (Two diamonds? Seriously? That was a dumb default recipe.)
-Dirt is no longer five times as fiery as lava (if you ask the thaumometer)
-The unknown aspect in chunkloader research was supposed to be perditio all along.

Clients with this version are compatible with servers running 2.1.1 and vice versa.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 21, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Is the other side of the eldritch obelisk just a void for anyone else?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yyyeeessss I finally got enough candles to fully negate maxed out infusion instability. Even with horrendous luck and an instability score climbing all the way to the cap (25) my mighty fleet of 252 candles is up to the job.

All ~160 zombie flesh I've gotten so far in the game have all gone entirely to candlemaking :suicide:

(I didn't want to throw 20 diamonds at the project for a slew of mana pylons, I've been eternally short on diamonds my entire playthrough)

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 21, 2015

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Magres posted:

Yyyeeessss I finally got enough candles to fully negate maxed out infusion instability. Even with horrendous luck and an instability score climbing all the way to the cap (25) my mighty fleet of 252 candles is up to the job.

All ~160 zombie flesh I've gotten so far in the game have all gone entirely to candlemaking :suicide:

(I didn't want to throw 20 diamonds at the project for a slew of mana pylons, I've been eternally short on diamonds my entire playthrough)

Just stand near a sinister node and get 100000 flesh.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
When Cooking for Blockheads is refusing to make a recipe, try clicking on the recipe below it, or down and to the right of it. :shepface:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Shukaro posted:

Just stand near a sinister node and get 100000 flesh.

I did that for a bit, but I've mostly just added to the candle fleet a little at a time. Churning out 250 candles all at once sounds awful

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

is it true that nodes contribute to infusion altar stability

if so then i got an altar to move

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If they do it's only like a point. A dozen candles will cancel it out

E: Nope, they don't according to https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1z57dg/want_to_know_how_thaumcraft_infusion_symmetry_is/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Cooking book II says it needs itself to craft, how the hell am I supposed to get it?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Is the level 2 cooking book recipe busted? It looks recursive.

e: Beaten, but I've got a picture!

ImpactVector fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 21, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Is there a quicker way to figure out how to connect two aspects for research notes besides using this site and plugging them in for every single one? This isn't exactly intuitive.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The way I usually do it (and by hand) is to just head towards primals aspects for research. Most of them have easy connections to each other, and it's not hard to just alternate like... aqua-victus-aqua and chain across the board. It's not perfect, but taking a step out of the way to get down to primals takes a lot less research points than manufacturing a bunch of aspects that have 5-6 different points building into them.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't set my itemducts to suction? I'm using the bog standard tin-glass-tin ones and right or left clicking them with an empty hand or an item wrench isn't cycling their mode, right clicking with a wrench just turns the connection on and off :(

I really don't want to have to use five golems to run my damned tree farm

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Magres posted:

The way I usually do it (and by hand) is to just head towards primals aspects for research. Most of them have easy connections to each other, and it's not hard to just alternate like... aqua-victus-aqua and chain across the board. It's not perfect, but taking a step out of the way to get down to primals takes a lot less research points than manufacturing a bunch of aspects that have 5-6 different points building into them.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't set my itemducts to suction? I'm using the bog standard tin-glass-tin ones and right or left clicking them with an empty hand or an item wrench isn't cycling their mode, right clicking with a wrench just turns the connection on and off :(

I really don't want to have to use five golems to run my damned tree farm

They use separate items now to pull things out/add things. I forget what they're called. Servos and filters?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, thank you! They're not too bad to make now that I realize they exist :shobon:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Non-Blightfall question: what are people's thoughts on Project E / Equivalent Exchange 3? The things I've seen elsewhere describe them as OP, but these are the same people who play Gregtech by choice, so.

I just want some more interesting magic alongside Botania without the bullshit of Thaumcraft, is all.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Nolanar posted:

Non-Blightfall question: what are people's thoughts on Project E / Equivalent Exchange 3? The things I've seen elsewhere describe them as OP, but these are the same people who play Gregtech by choice, so.

I just want some more interesting magic alongside Botania without the bullshit of Thaumcraft, is all.

EE and its ilk let you turn cobblestone into diamonds at no cost beyond just having a lot of cobblestone. It's less "magic" and more "cheating".

In before Rutibex shows up to crow about how great playing 1.2.5 is.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

tc research is basically about racing to aer or praecantatio so you can abuse aer -> arbor -> aer chains up and down the grid

(prae -> vacuos -> aer or perdito)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nolanar posted:

EE is basically minecraft cancer

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

tc research is basically about racing to aer or praecantatio so you can abuse aer -> arbor -> aer chains up and down the grid

(prae -> vacuos -> aer or perdito)

Ignis -> Lux -> Aer
Terra -> Herba -> Arbor
Aqua -> Tempestus -> Aer
Perdito -> Vacuous -> Aer
Ordo -> Motus -> Aer

There you go :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm also really fond of using Aqua chains with Victus and Venenum in Blightfall because perditio and aqua are both abundant if you tootle around the ocean near mushroom island.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
When you find the zombie dungeon in the second swamp island all zombie flesh concerns are ended

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Man, the ring of chordata is awesome. Like, moreso in Blightfall than any other pack I've played, for one reason:
The pits under floating islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there anything down there? I was kinda spooked and didn't feel like going exploring and find out