Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

puchu posted:

Agreed they definitely don't own part of Fonterra or whatever nor do they get paid out every year. They're poor oppressed proles who will rise up one day in glorious revolution

Don't worry I hate them already anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

puchu posted:

It's not racist if it's true

Signed, the Labour Party of New Zealand

stop buying fuckin' houses poo shoes!

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

It goes like this:
New H&S laws created to make workplaces safer
Dairy needs some specific exemptions/reductions to reduce impact because "trade"
Over-simplification of categories place large impact on most "Other" type workplaces, because the focus is on being seen to be doing something & making the dairy industry happy.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Butt Wizard posted:

I have been in a car with puchu and I can assure you his bad driving has nothing to do with his race.

Wow mods??

Ghostlight posted:

Nobody drives well while getting a blowie.

What about when not getting one

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Binkenstein posted:

It goes like this:
New H&S laws created to make workplaces safer
Dairy needs some specific exemptions/reductions to reduce impact because "trade"
Over-simplification of categories place large impact on most "Other" type workplaces, because the focus is on being seen to be doing something & making the dairy industry happy.

I have full trust in the democratic parliamentary system that has been in place since 1854. The Westminster system that has served our democracy well and will continue to do so for the next 150 years in one of the most stable egalitarian centre right Nations in the world. I have full trust in legal system to point out injustices and correct and close loops holes that exist.

Given that 80% of the country live in prosperity and the other 20% do not, I'd say we are on the right track, it's just unfortunate the other 20% have yet to realise what actually lays in front of them.

I might add that we are also one of the less corrupt nations in the world.

thepaladin4488
Oct 28, 2010
Hmm one question, I'm self-employed in a "high risk" industry (Beekeeping), do I need to be my own H&S officer?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would like to clarify that we are perceived as one of the least corrupt nations in the world, and we fell in that rating last year, and were predicted to fall further as we strengthened trade ties with nations that are rated as perceived to be significantly corrupt like, for instance, China.

I'm not sure where you get your overly broad percentages of 80% of the country living in prosperity when there's no official poverty line, and the unofficial poverty line is set to almost half of minimum wage.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wait so someone making $9/hr isn't statistically A Poor? :lol:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

puchu posted:

Will this fix the constant traffic jams on the northern motorway which happen even at 3pm on a Saturday or 10am on a Sunday

The answer to the real question of "how will the CRL help the Shore?" is that by improving the capacity and throughput of the rail network that serves East, West and South, you reduce the number of buses needed to serve those areas which then clog the CBD streets. That surplus bus capacity can then be redistributed to the Shore, increasing PT capacity over there and taking more cars off the road.

Saturday traffic is a bitch because it's far less consistent than weekday commuting traffic with people going every which way to shop, sports, visit family, whatever. That and you know, accidents happen all the loving time and there's almost nothing you can build road-wise to prevent the congestion they cause.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

I would like to clarify that we are perceived as one of the least corrupt nations in the world, and we fell in that rating last year, and were predicted to fall further as we strengthened trade ties with nations that are rated as perceived to be significantly corrupt like, for instance, China.

I'm not sure where you get your overly broad percentages of 80% of the country living in prosperity when there's no official poverty line, and the unofficial poverty line is set to almost half of minimum wage.

I guess that was too close to too many people's actual views. Those are not my words

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ FFFUUUCCCKKK you for poeing me.

Looking it up - the OECD definition is 50% of the median household income, which according to stats.govt was $1,422 in June 2014, so if your household makes $18 an hour then you're poor - with the assumption that the majority of households are at least dual income.

kris_b posted:

The answer to the real question of "how will the CRL help the Shore?" is that by improving the capacity and throughput of the rail network that serves East, West and South, you reduce the number of buses needed to serve those areas which then clog the CBD streets. That surplus bus capacity can then be redistributed to the Shore, increasing PT capacity over there and taking more cars off the road.
Also the preferred options on the table for the second harbour crossing include rail capacity. There is a design option that doesn't have rail capacity, but that's only because NZTA specifically requested a non-rail option be done, presumably by ministerial decree. Those will, of course, tie directly into the CRL once (if :() constructed.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 21, 2015

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Household income $40k per annum gross.

PROSPERITY!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

"If only that family on 40k didn't get working for families then we would be even more prosperous! gently caress those dole bludging cunts! I bet they are smoking, drug taking gamblers too who don't even care about their children! They should be grateful to be living in such prosperity!"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lets change the flag!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I had someone I knew from high school screaming on Facebook about how we should be doing constant drug tests of every single benificiary.

When I showed them the stats from when they did that in One of the States in the U.S. and it cost them more than the people getting welfare did they called me a "human being" and unfriended me.

Cool country eh mates?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Hahahahahhaha

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

They don't call it godzone for nothing

mate.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 21, 2015

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

thepaladin4488 posted:

Hmm one question, I'm self-employed in a "high risk" industry (Beekeeping), do I need to be my own H&S officer?

Do you have employees? If you do you're classed as a PCBU (Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking, aka a "Boss") and are responsible for their Health & Safety. This applies to all workplaces, including small "low risk" ones. The controversy is over Health & Safety representatives from the workforce: the Bill empowers workers to nominate somebody who can intervene if they feel the situation is unsafe. This applies to 75% of workplaces, exempting low-risk ones with <20 workers.

So basically, anyone framing the Bill as making it mandatory to have a H&S rep is either uninformed or lying.

Slavvy posted:

Why do you guys hate dairy farmers, again? Honest question, I don't know jack poo poo about agriculture or the NZ dairy situation(s) whatever it/they might be.

in addition to what everyone else said, they're the traditional base of support for the National Party so they get special treatment.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna be seeing a few racist comments on Facebook about this

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/71341230/maori-king-lays-claim-to-auckland-at-ngaruawahia

quote:

Maori King lays claim to Auckland at Ngaruawahia

Maori King Tuheitia has launched a claim for Auckland extending to the Mahurangi Peninsula and down the Firth of Thames and across to the Manukau Harbour and Piha.

He told more than 500 people gathered at Turangawaewae Marae in Ngaruawahia, including Prime Minister John Key, he was determined to see the claim through.

"It must be done," Tuheitia said on Friday. "I am determined to do it with the start of the Kingitanga Claim in Tamaki."

Waikato Tainui settled their Raupatu claim in 1995 and celebrated the event in May.

During his annual Koroneihana address Tuheitia said the tribe had entered a "new era" of rights and claims.

"One that is destined to bring about problems, argument and even disagreement," he said. "But I am obliged and responsible to go there."

The traditional Tainui waka boundaries extend as far north as Warkworth, 70km north of the Auckland CBD.

Tukoroirangi Morgan, spokesman for the Maori king, said he hoped the claim would be settled by the next Koroneihana celebration in August 2016.

"The [Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations Minister Christopher Finlayson] has agreed to hear the unresolved claim. Ceded in the unresolved Waikato-Tainui claims is the Kingitanga interests," Morgan said.

"He characterised it as, let's get it on, so we want to get it on as well."
Ad Feedback

A claim filed in 1993, the Huakina Claim, will also be heard, he said.

"The minister has agreed that we are going now to terms of negotiation on the claim into greater Auckland."

Conflict with other Auckland tribes was likely but he said their relationship with the likes of Ngati Whatua would stand the test.

"It's always going to cause some challenges for those who claim mana whenua into Auckland. That's a reality we are going to have to deal with."

There were a number of sites where the First Maori King Te Wherowhero had authority and it was their responsibility to progress the claim.

"This is an opportunity for the tribe to go back to talk to the government in an attempt to try and address the unresolved interests of Waikato-Tainui and the Kingitanga interests into Tamaki."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is it racist if I say that monarchy in all it's forms is loving Stupid?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Slavvy posted:

The royal family aren't technically human, so no.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

kris_b posted:

Saturday traffic is a bitch because it's far less consistent than weekday commuting traffic with people going every which way to shop, sports, visit family, whatever. That and you know, accidents happen all the loving time and there's almost nothing you can build road-wise to prevent the congestion they cause.

No one on the North Shore takes a loving bus mate you're having a laugh.

Saturday traffic is consistent and I can predict exactly where the jams start (southbound at Greville Road onramp) and where they end (Tristam Ave onramp) because that's where the motorway is 2-laned instead of 3. It's also where the jams happen on every other day that ends with -day.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

puchu posted:

Saturday traffic is consistent and I can predict exactly where the jams start (southbound at Greville Road onramp) and where they end (Tristam Ave onramp) because that's where the motorway is 2-laned instead of 3. It's also where the jams happen on every other day that ends with -day.

I have a solution

Don't live in Auckland

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

puchu posted:

It would be really nice if they could fix the traffic heading northbound from Constellation as that is hosed every day of the week at all times.
A good start would be to execute all the South Africans in Albany.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

puchu posted:

The express goes right by my house and it circumvents all those dumbasses clogging up the northern highway. Honestly, I'm considering selling my car anyway.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The best part is always people misunderstanding how land claims work and thinking that Māori could somehow end up owning their house.

Slavvy posted:

I'd go so far as to say that a monarchy established solely to represent a unified Māoridom against the Crown that has never unified Māoridom behind it is particularly loving Stupid.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yeah back in 1850 something when like only a few years after signing the treaty the British were already dicking on a god drat treaty between two sovereign nations

I assume

The United tribes of New Zealand were recognised by the crown as an independent nation in 1835 right?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It's worth noting that the Maori kingship is an elected title, even though it has in practice been given to descendants of the original king.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Claudia Orange has a book about it or something

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

The Rabbi T. White posted:

It would be really nice if they could fix the traffic heading northbound from Constellation as that is hosed every day of the week at all times.

Actually that's all fixed???

WarpedNaba posted:

The express goes right by my house and it circumvents all those dumbasses clogging up the northern highway. Honestly, I'm considering selling my car anyway.

Good, you should.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Sure, but what about the traffic?

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I don't like the xenophobic line of politics in New Zealand but by gum do I hate South Africans

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Try sleeping with them. It kinda balanced out the last two I met.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

WarpedNaba posted:

What were the names of the two men

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

puchu posted:

What were the names of the two men

Jesus Christ :pwn:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

puchu posted:

I don't like the xenophobic line of politics in New Zealand but by gum do I hate South Africans

I dislike the fact lots of them left SA due to the high crime rate, and yet get here and complain about dole bludgers. You try and point out that the reason we don't get shot at traffic lights is because most people can afford to pay rent, but they don't listen.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 21, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Did you wear ear plugs for the accent, or just used duct tape?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I dislike the fact lots of them left SA due to the high crime rate, and yet get here and complain about dole bludgers. You try and point out that the reason we don't get shot at traffic lights is because most people can afford to pay rent, but they don't listen.

Excuse me, they call them "Robots" because they are all idiots.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

My doctor is originally from South Africa and he is a thoroughly nice and honourable gentleman :colbert:

Other than him nah they're all cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Frickin love sports rugger deffo should have national flag that looks like sports also black like isis

• Locked thread