Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Right, who allowed Jack Whitehall to make a film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His dad, probably.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Does my self-destructive media consumption tendencies go as far as to see a movie starring Jack Whitehall in the cinema?

Answer: I paid money to see Fant4stic. Plus I actually...kinda enjoyed Bad Education...

Trip report coming soon.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Aye, it was pretty good. Jolly Boy John always the highlight.

And the boxer was Noam Dar, Scottish indie wrestler!

I loved the unstoppable thunderknob one, it just got me.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Trickjaw posted:

Right, who allowed Jack Whitehall to make a film?

They fired the camera crew from that as scapegoats for everything taking too long. Following that the production hired extra security for Whitehall in case of vengeful camera bods. Lot of problems with BBC3 producers expecting their feature film to be exactly the same as their small-scale studio comedy.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Hopefully Little Dorret is going home this time.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

There are those who said this day would never come:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGG5OhEcpOQ

What are they to say now?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Comrade Fakename posted:

Nice, but random, Halo reference.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

XMNN posted:

Hopefully Little Dorret is going home this time.

What kind of idiot goes into a competition like that where you can practice ahead of time and just doesn't bother?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Comrade Fakename posted:

You know Gordon Ramsey made a show that amounts to "Cooking in Prison" a few years back?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched an episode of ITV's Travel Guide ("to Dubai"), a program where the producers scour the country to find the worst people possible (except one couple, who seemed cool) and send them to the Middle East, and now I think I understand why ISIS exist.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Monkey Tennis?

I liked the latest Taskmaster, poor Josh.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

BSam posted:

Monkey Tennis?

I liked the latest Taskmaster, poor Josh.

But he got the cardigan!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That bread lion was amazing.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

McDragon posted:

That bread lion was amazing.

Paul got a handshake AND a special commendation, I think Paul Hollywood fancies him rotten

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Paul got a handshake AND a special commendation, I think Paul Hollywood fancies him rotten
I agree, I do believe Paul Hollywood fancies a man with grey hair and beard called Paul.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Did anyone see that Top Coppers on BBC3 Wednesday night? Mate of mine from Uni wrote it, but I didn't get a chance to see if it was any good yet. Seems like a British Danger 5 by the trailer.

https://youtu.be/3_pVFgCjXiY

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
There's not nearly enough attempting to kill Hitler in that trailer to make it Danger 5.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 21, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I haven't finished watching, but I hope Dorret goes. Can't believe that she didn't practice her show stopper. IIRC she's a project manager?

I won't say good, but that was pretty inevitable - she's been mediocre every episode.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 21, 2015

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Angrymog posted:

I haven't finished watching, but I hope Dorret goes. Can't believe that she didn't practice her show stopper. IIRC she's a project manager?

I won't say good, but that was pretty inevitable - she's been mediocre every episode.

When she cried in the first episode I knew she had to go. Absolute piss

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mr Beens posted:

What kind of idiot goes into a competition like that where you can practice ahead of time and just doesn't bother?
An idiot.

The 3 who have gone so far were all really annoying, not sure who of the rest are going to start to grate. Possibly the fireman, he does a lot of mugging to camera.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

XMNN posted:

An idiot.

The 3 who have gone so far were all really annoying, not sure who of the rest are going to start to grate. Possibly the fireman, he does a lot of mugging to camera.

I like Nadiya, but she seems to struggle with the technicals. Paul is too smug - I hope he doesn't last.

Watching 'Very British Problems' now. The office tea club segment was accurate. I rebelled against my office tea-club and started bringing my own coffee in because I resented paying for their milk and sugar when all I had was black coffee. The breaking point though was the day no-one had a drink until 3 in the afternoon because no-one wanted to get up and make that round of tea.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Angrymog posted:

I like Nadiya, but she seems to struggle with the technicals. Paul is too smug - I hope he doesn't last.

I like Nadiya too, her wee face is so expressive, it's hilarious watching her squeak and grin and stare in saucer-eyed horror at her oven in the background of most of the shots.

Think and hope Tamal the Anaesthesiologist will make the final three. He seems an all round decent sort.

sunday brunch
Dec 31, 2008
Just going to say that British TV is amazing and the one thing I missed on holiday. Waking up to Bill/Louise/Charlie/Naga/Steph/Carol etc is infinitely better than CNN's 24hrs of Trump (punctuated by health insurance ads) or Canadian news networks showing local traffic all morning. There is way to much screen furniture on those channels too.

PS, RIP quality, accurate (mostly) weather on the beeb.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34031785

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

sunday brunch posted:

Just going to say that British TV is amazing and the one thing I missed on holiday. Waking up to Bill/Louise/Charlie/Naga/Steph/Carol etc is infinitely better than CNN's 24hrs of Trump (punctuated by health insurance ads) or Canadian news networks showing local traffic all morning. There is way to much screen furniture on those channels too.

PS, RIP quality, accurate (mostly) weather on the beeb.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34031785

I guess there's always a chance that the met office win the new tender?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they'll get massively underbid by someone.

The BBC will have to accept it, the quality of forecast will drop, complaints against the BBC will rise, the push for removal of the license fee will gain supporters, and we will step ever closer to the glorious free-market of television that we deserve.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given that they have done thing zero to adapt I can't say I feel too sorry for the BBC (Nay, Liner TV in general, [Adult Swim] UK is Rick and Morty with half the episodes missing and Mr. Pickles, on a channel that only airs on Sky, at 1 am in the morning when only the most dedicated and out of that most out of their drat mind will see it) as it slowly sinks into the Tarpit like the growing dinosaur that it is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 23, 2015

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

What are you even talking about? The BBC has done a lot to "adapt" (in what timeframe?) where they haven't be deliberately hamstrung (like the iPlayer not being a giant archive of everything ever.)

Don't believe the propaganda.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Because if you keep making the BBC worse and worse, eventually you can use "but it's poo poo!" as an argument to get rid of it entirely, which is exactly what the tories want.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm fully aware that the Tories are full of poo poo in their motives (nay, everything) but I can't even remember the last thing I gave a poo poo about in regards to the BBC that hasn't then gone to poo poo.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 23, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
No idea what people expect from the BBC but there isn't any broadcaster anywhere in the world that matches it. Imagine a world without the natural history unit.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's been a while, but Casualty have finally one-upped their ridiculous injury record.

Last night's episode featured someone attempting DIY rhinoplasty. I poo poo you not.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Were they using a Dremel?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

An xacto-blade.

A dremel would probably work. Or at least make your nostrils significantly bigger.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doing it themselves or trusting someone else to go at them with an arts-and-crafts tool?

I'm not sure which is worse tbh

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's been a while, but Casualty have finally one-upped their ridiculous injury record.

Last night's episode featured someone attempting DIY rhinoplasty. I poo poo you not.

Nip/Tuck had a DIY circumcision, so Casualty really need to up their game to compete with American TV.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

goatface posted:

Doing it themselves or trusting someone else to go at them with an arts-and-crafts tool?

I'm not sure which is worse tbh

Doing it herself. She then got hit by a van later that day.

I love that they always balance the ridiculous cases out with normal ones. Woman tries home rhinoplasty and gets hit by a van...little boy with peanut allergy eats some peanut butter.

netally posted:

Nip/Tuck had a DIY circumcision, so Casualty really need to up their game to compete with American TV.

:gonk: Why.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Casualty truly is :gonk: the series.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

He was the ethical surgeon's dorky son, who was feeling unloved because of his foreskin, and since his dad didn't approve of such procedures (the ethics, you see) he did it himself and nearly bled out. This was like, in episode 2 season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That actor, unkind as it may be to say, was a repellent monstrous loving freak. He looked like Captain Black transmuted into something approximating flesh. His acting was still wooden though.