Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Brutal Tide (the rare one) lets you breakdance all over enemies, and is probably the funnest stance in the game. Especially if you have Berserker.

Hooray, time to go continue my endless genocide of Toxic Ancients and Boilers. :suicide:

In fact, can I rant for a bit? Obviously in theory stances are a good idea: being able to choose different combos is neat and the extra capacity is much appreciated. But a melee weapon without a stance or, to a lesser extent, with a bad stance is gimped as hell, and not only are all the half decent stances with polarities that actually match decent weapons rare drops, they're all rare drops from what seem like the same two loving enemies, both high level and dangerous. I can take them on - as of just recently - but a new player may as well not bother with melee weapons because short of generous friends they can't do poo poo with them until they can run infested missions forever. The situation with serration being mandatory is bad enough without the mod being a rare drop on a cluttered loot list. Is this a reasonable complaint or am I just overreacting?

:de:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Simulor a poo poo.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Since no one else wanted to do the dirty work, I made the skeleton of a modding spreadsheet. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing with Google Sheets (and linking around sheets seems like a colossal pain in the rear end), but at least I categorized things and got names in there.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

xyigx posted:

That simulor Gun the personal space invader sells, is it any good?

And is tyl supposed to just stand still for the duration of energy vampire? I mean I like it but it seems odd since none of the particle effects show on him.
1. Nope.

2. Probably not, but that's not something I've tried with him as my strategy for grinding out Equinox parts was to just murder the poo poo out of him and his manic buddies with Mesa's Peacemaker.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Does multishot make the accuracy like you fired two shots quickly, or are they both first shot accuracy?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

1. Nope.

2. Probably not, but that's not something I've tried with him as my strategy for grinding out Equinox parts was to just murder the poo poo out of him and his manic buddies with Mesa's Peacemaker.

Bummer I really have a thing for weird weapons so I was hoping it would be good.

So while I have a bunch of them now I reask the question, what are you favorite weird space guns. (Phage, amprex and so on)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Does multishot make the accuracy like you fired two shots quickly, or are they both first shot accuracy?
Multishot just increases the number of bullets that are fired with each shot, it doesn't affect handling. So the latter.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Collateral Damage posted:

Multishot just increases the number of bullets that are fired with each shot, it doesn't affect handling. So the latter.

On almost every weapon, multishot is indistinguishable from free damage. It's pretty busted!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Nice. I had been concerned that it would gently caress with my accuracy on the latron prime, but it sounds like it would just help me chew through heavy gunners faster. Two simultaneous headshot criticals with 5x crit multiplier would be a lot of damage.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

xyigx posted:

So while I have a bunch of them now I reask the question, what are you favorite weird space guns. (Phage, amprex and so on)
Phage, Amprex, Synapse, Glaxion, Embolist, Quanta, Buzlok, Atomos, Stug, Acrid, Tiberon, Kohm, Kohmak, Supra, Drakgoon.

Bonus points: all of those are at least decent and many are actually really good (though it might take a few forma in some cases).

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Male Man posted:

On almost every weapon, multishot is indistinguishable from free damage. It's pretty busted!
Is there any weapon that doesn't benefit from multishot? Or benefits less than others?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Is there any weapon that doesn't benefit from multishot? Or benefits less than others?

Melee weapons. :v:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Panthera. It makes you miss if you aim right at dudes if they're far enough away because the spread(there's spread for some reason) is horizontal instead of vertical. Add heavy caliber to make the weapon shoot in a huge exaggerated V and be completely useless.

Miter also has spread but it's vertical and the main shot is always aimed right at the reticle and the second shot is angled downwards so it inevitably bounces back up to hit dudes within a reasonable range.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 20, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If I could have multishot on the Redeemer I would.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The aforementioned Simulor. Putting Split Chamber on it ruins any damage potential it might have otherwise had because it's a stupid, terrible gun.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

The aforementioned Simulor. Putting Split Chamber on it ruins any damage potential it might have otherwise had because it's a stupid, terrible gun.

Keep in mind he's talking about firing a shot and immediately detonating it. If you want to use the black hole, multi-shot is necessary for Simulor to work. Because when you fire off two bullets at once, you get your black hole faster.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
The simulor looks like a crazy dps weapon with all forma/potato. Juts not something you shoot at a mob and right away the mob dies. But in a group with 3 others doing that i see no problem.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SSNeoman posted:

Keep in mind he's talking about firing a shot and immediately detonating it. If you want to use the black hole, multi-shot is necessary for Simulor to work. Because when you fire off two bullets at once, you get your black hole faster.

No, I'm talking about using it for anything. The black hole does the most damage on the first merge, which multishot bypasses completely.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Since there have been a few people asking about the raid lately, I'm going to run one tonight at 8 EST. If you would like to give it a go then feel free to join up when I ask. If you have not done it before then please get mumble setup because there are a lot of little things to point out and loading all the information upfront at once isn't really going to help you. So it is easier to talk through it.

The best frames to have are [trinity, loki, vauban, nova, mirage]. If you don't have one of those, I can see what you have to work with. It would be nice to have 3 other veterans so we can keep things moving and make sure we have the right lineup...so come on! Do it for your clanmates, I don't want to expose them to pub raiders...just yet (it is worth a few laughs though, just how nuts some of them are)

I am more flexible on the weekend so if you can't make it my time today, then just let me know. Raid badges and useless arcanes for everyone!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

There are raids now? Is it like a gigantic vault run? I won't be there, or I would just find out myself.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Wow, there finally a Archwing gun that, while not great, is actually fun to use (for me) so I can wield something else but the Imperator. And a week later they nerf its ammo pool from 250 down to 60. In space, noone is allowed to have fun. :smith:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There are raids now? Is it like a gigantic vault run? I won't be there, or I would just find out myself.

It's a giant exercise of herding cats. A lot of "person 1 stand on pad a" and doing stuff in order while people with top tier warframes basically permaslow/freeze level 70 enemies.

Do it once at least, amd get your floaty shoulder emblem. Its something different to do.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

It's a giant exercise of herding cats. A lot of "person 1 stand on pad a" and doing stuff in order while people with top tier warframes basically permaslow/freeze level 70 enemies.

Do it once at least, amd get your floaty shoulder emblem. Its something different to do.

Also, 8 frames at once, so you have to coordinate so not everyone has corrosive projection. Also tons of rare crates.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Also, 8 frames at once, so you have to coordinate so not everyone has corrosive projection. Also tons of rare crates.

And lots of dying because some of the puzzles will insta-kill you if you stand on the wrong switch at the wrong time!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And lots of dying because some of the puzzles will insta-kill you if you stand on the wrong switch at the wrong time!

Is it the instakill where you can crawl off and be revived or the one that makes you spend a revive?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

djw175 posted:

Is it the instakill where you can crawl off and be revived or the one that makes you spend a revive?

Speaking of this, I still dont get why some enemies kill you out right and bypasses the whole revival ground phase.

Bug? It's really annoying.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've literally never experienced that.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I've only ever gotten that while soloing things. I more meant I've had environmental hazards bug out and kill me.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
You get killing instantly if theres no one to revive you. (like if all of your teammates are down)

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

kinkouin posted:

Speaking of this, I still dont get why some enemies kill you out right and bypasses the whole revival ground phase.

Bug? It's really annoying.

I've seen this happen to my friend several times while it's only happened to me once. Lasers seem to cause it to trigger, too.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Well just completed the raid. That would have been a lot more fun if it was more shooty. Anyway, thanks Cat-snake for running 7 of us confused people through it!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is it normal for a mission to fail if one player uses all their revives? I was just 30+ minutes into the Archwing excavation with a pubbie that just would not leave, despite us having done more than enough excavations. I go to the exit because it's getting to the point where my Hek won't one-shot things and I don't want to fail. He dies a couple times, then all of a sudden I'm back in the orbiter with a fail screen.

This mission is the buggiest piece of poo poo ever. The last two times I tried it, it stopped spawning enemies after the first extractor. I just want to get it done so that I can get Ordis to shut the gently caress up about it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

After finally getting the Brakk, I thought it's not enough to show that the game can't break me, but I must make it my bitch.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
I'm pretty sure the Stalker still flat-out kills you rather than knocks you down to the revive state as part of his gimmick.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Serpentis posted:

I'm pretty sure the Stalker still flat-out kills you rather than knocks you down to the revive state as part of his gimmick.

Not all the time. Most of the time Stalker killed someone in our team he left as we're reviving the downed guy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I don't think I've seen the stalker even fully get up from kneeling, in like months.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I actually like the aspect of Stalker punishing hallway heroes since if they ran off too far ahead, they'd get locked in a room with him with no allies to help. I wish they'd add a feature to Stalker mostly targeting Tenno who are mostly too far away from the rest of the team. It only makes sense he'd try to kill them when they're separated from the pack.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Nalesh posted:

I don't think I've seen the stalker even fully get up from kneeling, in like months.

I did, he spawned behind some crates, he was up when we found him and before I had the time to warn the rest of the pubbies that he was using the damage soak/reflect ability they already were unloading into him, wiping almost everyone but me who dodged for cover.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I think he has an Oberon lift now too. It's missing the slam part, but the hold duration felt longer than what Oberon does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Fish Noise posted:

I think he has an Oberon lift now too. It's missing the slam part, but the hold duration felt longer than what Oberon does.

I love the fact that he has Nyx's ult, because I was running with pubbies and one was targetted by him and I didn't land where he spawned (stupid pubbie wouldn't mark it) until after he was standing so he went into his ult state and the 3 pubbies started shooting him.

I quickly ran away and he detonated killing them all :v: