Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Darwinism posted:

How in the hell do I swap out powers? I've got Supernova, but Quasar refuses to allow it to exist

Lower right hand corner, reset talents also resets your skill choices. Click it, say okay/yes/whatever and then move around your talents and skills and then Accept them.

Also for the other guy Warlock is clearly the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Installed new card. This game is so much better when you're not at a constant 10-15fps with poo poo graphics. Now at a steady 50fps with everything on max. Lanber catacomb's final boss is a loving bitch, I was doing fine until she summoned all those adds :(. Doing this on impossible; not quite impossible but not easy. First time doing this mission anyway, but goddamn if I'm gonna do any difficulty but the hardest available (in other news 1700 prestige from all these rings)

Holy gently caress I must suck at this game. This is the first time I've had a hard time in any of the content but I'm getting my poo poo wreckedin. I do really good for awhile but the fight is so long, and if I gently caress up twice I die. Let the adds spawn? Dead as soon as they start attacking. Get hit by that blast? Dead pretty soon. This last time I was hiding behind a rock and still got hit by the blast. I can't tell if it'd be easier as dps or not. My shield is super loving helpful, paladin rocks but my dps is just loving awful and the fight is dragging on too long.

Pretty sure I'll kill this bitch this next time though

Eerkik fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 20, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Kikilupo posted:

Choose my fate!

I unlocked Kinetic last week after I realized I wasn't going to make it to Gunner. This week, I still wont make it to Gunner, I'll be about 2k short of sparks. Should I work on unlocking gunner or warlock? I'm 14k sparks away from Warlock and 12 sparks away from Gunner. This week I plan on unlocking Ultimate Strength and then maybe leveling up Paladin to get the symbol. I have a feeling Warlock will be the better choice over Gunner but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Neither, Kinetic is better than either of those :viggo:

Gunner feels very satisfying to play since you're never 'out of resources' - you just switch weapons. That said, it is relatively simple and straightforward to play. Also gunners are less desireable for raids due to poor alchemist synergy.

Witchlock involves a bit of not doing very much while waiting for a safe time to Evocate, at least if you use Living Helper and Crowstorm a lot (I dunno if there's a better way to play them). However they're insanely mobile (way more so than gunners) and do ridiculous damage over time - there is a bit of that WoW warlock feeling of putting dots and slows on everything and they slowly die as they try to get to you (a feeling I greatly enjoy).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eerkik posted:

Installed new card. This game is so much better when you're not at a constant 10-15fps with poo poo graphics. Now at a steady 50fps with everything on max. Lanber catacomb's final boss is a loving bitch, I was doing fine until she summoned all those adds :(. Doing this on impossible; not quite impossible but not easy. First time doing this mission anyway, but goddamn if I'm gonna do any difficulty but the hardest available (in other news 1700 prestige from all these rings)

Holy gently caress I must suck at this game. This is the first time I've had a hard time in any of the content but I'm getting my poo poo wreckedin. I do really good for awhile but the fight is so long, and if I gently caress up twice I die. Let the adds spawn? Dead as soon as they start attacking. Get hit by that blast? Dead pretty soon. This last time I was hiding behind a rock and still got hit by the blast. I can't tell if it'd be easier as dps or not. My shield is super loving helpful, paladin rocks but my dps is just loving awful and the fight is dragging on too long.

Pretty sure I'll kill this bitch this next time though

When she runs away from you and charges up, that means she's getting ready to spawn some bugs. When the tiny bugs fly away from her, find and destroy the glowing eggs to stop the spawn.

If you have it, use Aegis of Light if you're not sure about the rock you're hiding behind.

Lanber Catacombs is when the game first steps it up a notch.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010

Schubalts posted:

When she runs away from you and charges up, that means she's getting ready to spawn some bugs. When the tiny bugs fly away from her, find and destroy the glowing eggs to stop the spawn.

If you have it, use Aegis of Light if you're not sure about the rock you're hiding behind.

Lanber Catacombs is when the game first steps it up a notch.

The problem I'm majorly having is my dps against the eggs is poo poo (I haven't been missing them much). That and taking damage despite being behind the rock (is this suppose to be how it works? A lot of the time I'm not getting hurt but sometimes I'm still getting hosed up despite being behind the rock)

Just tried again as cryomancer and it was easy but still, died while behind a rock. Going back to paladin because I'll just start aegis'ing behind the rock anyway because goddamn I'm doing something wrong

Thanks for the advice. I killed it, the trick was definitely aegising. I'm dumb and didn't realize rocks were falling nearby and beating the gently caress out of me while I was hiding behind said rocks. I'm pretty sure that's what was going on anyway

Eerkik fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 20, 2015

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Eerkik posted:

The problem I'm majorly having is my dps against the eggs is poo poo (I haven't been missing them much). That and taking damage despite being behind the rock (is this suppose to be how it works? A lot of the time I'm not getting hurt but sometimes I'm still getting hosed up despite being behind the rock)

Just tried again as cryomancer and it was easy but still, died while behind a rock. Going back to paladin because I'll just start aegis'ing behind the rock anyway because goddamn I'm doing something wrong

That's weird, personally never taken any damage from the blast when behind a rock.

What I used to do with Pally was to save/time my impulse charge for roughly when she summons the eggs. You can pretty much take one out instantly with a ranged attack that procs impulse.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Clairetic posted:

Gunner feels very satisfying to play since you're never 'out of resources' - you just switch weapons. That said, it is relatively simple and straightforward to play. Also gunners are less desireable for raids due to poor alchemist synergy.

Witchlock involves a bit of not doing very much while waiting for a safe time to Evocate, at least if you use Living Helper and Crowstorm a lot (I dunno if there's a better way to play them). However they're insanely mobile (way more so than gunners) and do ridiculous damage over time - there is a bit of that WoW warlock feeling of putting dots and slows on everything and they slowly die as they try to get to you (a feeling I greatly enjoy).

Sort of seconding this. Kinetic is a good choice either way.

Gunner I find sort of lacking I guess. Yeah you do decent damage and decent AoE but it kind of feels boring and you're probably not gonna use your rocket launcher as anything but an opener since it roots you in place and that usually means you die. Also you have very little burst damage and pretty much no CC. If you're looking for a ranged class that shoots things I'd take Archer over Gunner any day.

Witch/Warlock is great too but if you run out of mana yeah, you have to find a quiet place to refresh that which again, roots you in place and on top of that you're kind of squishy anyway. Also your burst damage spells all have cooldowns which makes them a bit problematic for soloing. Does pretty great damage though and you can outrun most things the game will throw at you.

If you're really set on playing either one of those it's Warlock/Witch hands down but there are other classes I'd recommend over either and on top of that both of those classes aren't exactly front loaded meaning it could take you two or three weeks to actually get some of the poo poo you vitally need so you should really have something else you can play first.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
Lanber Catacombs is super fun as an alchemist. I'm sure y'all tired of hearing it, but the alchemist dmg reflect shield works on her rock fall attacks too. Use it after the 1st set of rocks falling. You'll reflect the rocks damage that falls and the explosion she does for some good DPS.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I found and started playing this game about a week ago because I have a hard-on for sphere grids, and it has been amazing so far. I finally made it to Archer and I'm enjoying firing ALL THE ARROWS.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Clairetic posted:

Witchlock (I'm stealing this btw) has a number of viable builds. Some of them require purple amulets, some don't.

I dislike using Murder of Crows against bosses. The secondary bonus won't work if the boss doesn't spawn adds and unless you have Witch Circles and Murder of Crows amulets, it will do less damage than a three stacked taint for a pretty hefty 300 magic cost.

Living Helper builds are great for prolonged fights, particularly in groups, but require adequate amulets which reduce how much burst you do with Explosion of Darkness unless you're using purple amulets.

When I unlocked Warlock, I had the task of figuring out how to make a viable build with under a week's worth of class sparks. I came up with a Witch Fire + Explosion of Darkness build, which is also stupidly good in PvP. I use Tant/Murder of Crows weapons and EoD amulets. Against minions I just spread Taint, against strong mobs Taint + Murder of Crows is enough to kill them all. When facing bosses, I take advantage of the fact that you can fire Witch Fire and EoD at the same time to do massive burst and stay mobile. In most boss fights I'm spending 290 Magic every 10 seconds which is more than manageable.

Eventually you will have access to purple weapons, which include a 90% damage reduction during that 'evocation' skill, making it a viable defensive cooldown.

But yeah, that mobility makes the class. I love being able to fly past trash and start fighting a new group as the previous one dies to DoTs. The boss damage isn't anything special compared to Berserker or Kinetic, but it's still really good considering everything else you get with the package.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 20, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yesterday the game gave me a quest to wait 24 hours then talk to the same guy again. Today I'm talking to him, he has two lines and gives me the next quest. Wait for 168 hours. I swear the game is taking the piss.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Morglon posted:

Yesterday the game gave me a quest to wait 24 hours then talk to the same guy again. Today I'm talking to him, he has two lines and gives me the next quest. Wait for 168 hours. I swear the game is taking the piss.

You forgot the part where he gave you the anomaly mission, unlocked your tactical sense, gave you an anomaly tutorial and then told you to get hosed.

The loving drama you goons experience is past me. I bet you fucks commit suicide when it rains outside.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Dude, gently caress getting wet.

Also I'm Literally Yourdad in game if there is room. I'm bad at this game and lack credits, but still happy to tithe to the goonsiah.

Also, how plentiful are credits? I've got like 30k and I'm not even out of my paladin tree, is the 1.5 million credits needed to by the Argent for a month of premium plausible to accomplish?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Drinkfist posted:

You forgot the part where he gave you the anomaly mission, unlocked your tactical sense, gave you an anomaly tutorial and then told you to get hosed.

The loving drama you goons experience is past me. I bet you fucks commit suicide when it rains outside.

While true this game is still the MMO equivalent of the American version of DBZ. Padded to hell and back. I would say for no reason but I do kind of see their point, at least while starting out. Now it's just getting ridiculous though. Turn it down some is all I'm saying.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Saxophone posted:

Dude, gently caress getting wet.

Also I'm Literally Yourdad in game if there is room. I'm bad at this game and lack credits, but still happy to tithe to the goonsiah.

Also, how plentiful are credits? I've got like 30k and I'm not even out of my paladin tree, is the 1.5 million credits needed to by the Argent for a month of premium plausible to accomplish?

The credit cap goes up very slowly, so if you're looting credits, 1.5m is almost three weeks worth early on. If you aren't looting credits, it will cost you time, a lot of it. We're talking 769k worth of holy texts, or like 1.5 weeks worth. And that's a lot of holy texts not going towards your order.

Honestly, it's just not worth it. Think about how much of your cap you will spent towards premium, which primarily helps you hit that cap faster. Use your credits for bag slots and your holy texts for progression.

Also, I think by the time you hit 15k prestige you get like 10k argents from the medium spark replicators you get from the story. And by 30k you should get another 10k or so.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
I don't have a ton of time to play so I'm totally cool with paying real cash for premium. I'm finally doing order poo poo (wooh! moving up there) and the prestige / spark gain has definitely picked up. On one hand I'm spending like 325 a node now... but on the other I'm getting like +30 stat boosts. On my way to becoming a berserker!(now to decide if I wanna take a detour to get necromancer since I probably won't hit berserker this week anyway, nowhere near the cap yet)

Just finally doing my first adept mission where I actually have a choice to choose. Now if only it were 8 hours instead of 4:55, that's a whole 3 or 4 hours I won't have my adept going on a mission!

So uh, how do I get a guild invite (once there's room) and how do I contribute to the pantheon? Character name is Logan Shade I'm p sure, after work I'll double check

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
20 minutes in the queue for MSM and didn't get a group, is that usual?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

20 minutes in the queue for MSM and didn't get a group, is that usual?

That's weird, you're supposed to get a group with 4 DPS and 1 Support. :confused:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
How to do MSM:
Get into the game
Join Mumble
Bitch and moan until some high prestige person carries you

Same goes for most low level stuff.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Its the only way I do it, even if the people on Mumble bitch and moan about taking a low-prestige person into the dungeon. If you want a high-prestige support then bring it yourself :argh:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Got a group that wiped on the first pull with the 2 DPS.. and then they all left.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah that one is a bitch and a half. My last group wasn't much better. Had a Necromancer who ate most of the health orbs and would just not shut the gently caress up to the point where he barely played the game and just commented on poo poo. Left that one early.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm enjoying soloing content so far. As a paladin it's fun just sticking and moving.

Are the weapon enhancers/boosters or whatever static? I've been improving one of them, but I wasn't sure if I should be or if I get new ones or what.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Queues are so much longer as a DPS but sometimes I don't want to stress about tanking. :sigh:

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
Dunno if this has already been answered, but did the map portals disappear for regions for anyone else?

Its a pain in the rear end not being able to teleport in a place like lanbere caves.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Elysiume posted:

Queues are so much longer as a DPS but sometimes I don't want to stress about tanking. :sigh:

Tanking in this game is hitting stuff just enough to make sure you have aggro and then running around in circles until the battle is over, it's pretty silly.

Also, this weekend I should actually try to run some dungeons with goons. I've finished the first two dungeons with pubbies well enough, but the harder ones don't seem doable with pick up groups nearly as easily.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Trying to just queue alone also takes forever.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

goldjas posted:

Tanking in this game is hitting stuff just enough to make sure you have aggro and then running around in circles until the battle is over, it's pretty silly.

Also, this weekend I should actually try to run some dungeons with goons. I've finished the first two dungeons with pubbies well enough, but the harder ones don't seem doable with pick up groups nearly as easily.

Pretty much, especially when tanking trash mobs. Daren facility bosses are chumps compared to the trash.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Saxophone posted:

Are the weapon enhancers/boosters or whatever static? I've been improving one of them, but I wasn't sure if I should be or if I get new ones or what.

Yes, they are static. Everything you upgrade is permanent and applies to everything you ever put in that slot.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Either they fixed the Berserker promo or the build changes as you get higher level.

Now the most frustrating thing about it is that everything dies before I finish the combo. Come on, I wanted to do that cool slam attack.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Gotta love getting to the last boss of an annoying adventure with all bonuses completed only to disconnect.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Shouldn't you be able to just get back into it and finish? I've never actually left an adventure unless I actively clicked the button to do so, even when I lost connection/logged out. At least solo, a group will probably kick you but then again, nobody does the bonus poo poo in a group anyway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, as long as you reconnect within about 15 minutes, all of your progress is saved.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Looks like guild chat may actually be working. It's working for me and at least one other person right now, and for the last several days I couldn't even select guild chat/saw zero messages from it.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Elysiume posted:

Looks like guild chat may actually be working. It's working for me and at least one other person right now, and for the last several days I couldn't even select guild chat/saw zero messages from it.

Pantheon chat has been working fine all week on EU for us, there was some downtime for the chat server today when nothing worked but it was at least announced and started working just fine again after.

Tanking is a mess in this game I find, some of the dungeon mobs take 25% of my health per autoswing and I only have so many defensive cooldowns. Time to farm some better +health% rings I guess?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It works on and off but it also tends to stall out to where you think it works until you try to write something yourself but you can't see it until you relog but it's there. That one may be interface related though.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Morglon posted:

Shouldn't you be able to just get back into it and finish? I've never actually left an adventure unless I actively clicked the button to do so, even when I lost connection/logged out. At least solo, a group will probably kick you but then again, nobody does the bonus poo poo in a group anyway.

Schubalts posted:

Yes, as long as you reconnect within about 15 minutes, all of your progress is saved.

In this case it did not. I was solo and about 5 bars into Alakur's last boss when I lagged massively for ~3 minutes then disconnected. When I logged back in I was in the Divine Observatory. Not the hugest of deals, just annoying.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Martout posted:

Tanking is a mess in this game I find, some of the dungeon mobs take 25% of my health per autoswing and I only have so many defensive cooldowns. Time to farm some better +health% rings I guess?

Nope this is normal when learning how to tank in this game. Still happens at 20k.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Martout posted:

Tanking trash in this game means exhausting your defensive cooldowns and then knocking down/kiting the mobs until they come back up. Knights have a moderate amount of always-on mitigation with Barrier II but the encounters are still designed with the idea that trash packs should lead brief lives and spend most of those lives CC'd or unable to punch through shields while DPS kill them.

When properly built Paladins have a rotation of Shield->Aegis->Shield->Right-Mouse knockdown that is infinitely repeatable with smaller barriers from dashing/impulse consumption covering the fractions of a second between abilities. Done correctly (Which is not the easiest thing in the world, at least not for me) you have zero time spent vulnerable.

Melanion fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So here is something we need to get our hands on and do. Prestige means nothing if you can't back it up with a dance competition. https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ccc9faac7209d4747ebb60?page=1

• Locked thread