Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Google Photos has made a neat little out of some of my vacation photos and videos and I'd like it to make some more, unfortunately I don't have the option to create movies, just collages, animations and the like. Are there any requirements for movie creation that I may not be aware of?
In the Google Photos Android app I go to Assistant and then + (top right) and I get Album, Movie, Story, Animation, Collage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Tunga posted:

In the Google Photos Android app I go to Assistant and then + (top right) and I get Album, Movie, Story, Animation, Collage.

Yea that's where I look but I don't have the Movie option there, just the others you've mentioned.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

Titanium backup is still the only reliable way to do this for all apps. Just root temporarily maybe?

Google's cloud backup works for a few apps, but none of the ones I care about. Helium has never successfully finished a backup for me.

The only other option is Nandroid, which you can use to backup the entire phone. Trouble comes when restoring, its only useful if you're not changing / upgrading your from, and just want a full backup. No partial restore of apps.

I'm fine with (and would actually really like) nandroid but my understanding was that I needed root and another computer for it. Can I do it just from my phone?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Google Opinion just asked me if I'd run an Ultra marathon in the last two weeks. Those are most commonly either running more than 50 miles or running for 24 hours straight. Even someone capable of that probably didn't do it in the last two weeks.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

So what were you doing over that time period to generate such telemetry, citizen?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

baka kaba posted:

So what were you doing over that time period to generate such telemetry, citizen?

I have a bike, I guess I ride slow enough they think it's someone running.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Now I'm imagining a survey where they insult you and you have to agree every time to get an extra penny

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

baka kaba posted:

What is your security clearance, citizen?

Man, a Paranoia game could be fun...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Skwirl posted:

Google Opinion just asked me if I'd run an Ultra marathon in the last two weeks. Those are most commonly either running more than 50 miles or running for 24 hours straight. Even someone capable of that probably didn't do it in the last two weeks.

I've had that one too

I got one about investing in the international copper market, and aluminium too recently

:shrug:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I got one asking if a PETA-sponsored video about how cars become ovens during the day would influence my opinion of PETA. :shrug:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Quick question for those with Play Music subscriptions: do the Music Key features like offline and background play work for all YouTube videos or just music videos? Offline I don't care about as much, but listening to lectures or whatever without my screen on would be pretty nice.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

xtal posted:

I'm fine with (and would actually really like) nandroid but my understanding was that I needed root and another computer for it. Can I do it just from my phone?

You don't need to root, but you do need to flash a custom recovery image. With no ci outer that's tough.

You don't have a computer? And why don't you want to root, at least temporarily.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

endolithic posted:

Quick question for those with Play Music subscriptions: do the Music Key features like offline and background play work for all YouTube videos or just music videos? Offline I don't care about as much, but listening to lectures or whatever without my screen on would be pretty nice.

Any video.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

I got one asking if a PETA-sponsored video about how cars become ovens during the day would influence my opinion of PETA. :shrug:
Are we sure this isn't the plot of the next Transformers movie?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

wooger posted:

You don't need to root, but you do need to flash a custom recovery image. With no ci outer that's tough.

You don't have a computer? And why don't you want to root, at least temporarily.

He probably doesn't want to risk never getting another update ever.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Kheldarn posted:

What is your security clearance, citizen?

Man, a Paranoia game could be fun...

I have really really really wanted to make a Paranoia based multiplayer game, and rip off borrow some of the best ideas from Space Station 13.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
What's the best way to transfer files to my SD card on the new G? File Kommander needs permissions and doesn't seem to work like it did on my Z3c. I'm at a loss.

edit: ES File Explorer fixed this, not sure why File Kommander didn't.

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 20, 2015

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Lowen SoDium posted:

Paranoia based multiplayer game

:allears:

I'd rather it never happen than for someone to try and get it wrong.

Not saying you would or wouldn't, it would just be very difficult to get a Paranoia game right. But I want it badly.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Great, thank you!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

grilldos posted:

:allears:

I'd rather it never happen than for someone to try and get it wrong.

Not saying you would or wouldn't, it would just be very difficult to get a Paranoia game right. But I want it badly.

Oh, no offence taken. Paranoia is a really fun PnP RPG, but a lot of concepts would have to be dropped, changed, or adapted to work right in a video game. It would be a really hard adaptation to pull off.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

I just have a Galaxy S6 and a tablet. I don't think I would mind rooting (I really liked playing custom ROMs and kernels when I had a Galaxy Nexus) but I don't think the S6 is amenable to it, and I don't have a computer to flash a custom recovery.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Remember a few years ago when anti-theft app Cerberus gave away a bunch of lifetime memberships? Well, they are revoking them now.

Cerberus posted:

We had to revoke free lifetime licenses that were given away during a few promotions we made years ago. We apologize for this and know it is a bad PR move, unfortunately it was not feasible anymore for us to provide a free service for life.

Free licenses will expire about 3 years after their beginning, and affected users will be notified via email before the license expires. We hope Cerberus helped those users recover a lost or stolen device, and that they will consider buying a license to continue to use our service. Paid licenses are not affected.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Remember a few years ago when anti-theft app Cerberus gave away a bunch of lifetime memberships? Well, they are revoking them now.

Go to recent reviews on the Play Store. Does not disappoint. People are losing their poo poo. They had it free for 3 goddamn years and are throwing fits now that it costs a few bucks. They did screw up by saying "lifetime" but drat geeks, simmer down.

So much for converting to new paid customers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is there a point of installing Cerberus these days with Google's built in find/erase function and if I don't want to root? I bought it for my old phone, but never bothered to install it on my new one.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The picture thing could be useful

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

hotsauce posted:

Go to recent reviews on the Play Store. Does not disappoint. People are losing their poo poo. They had it free for 3 goddamn years and are throwing fits now that it costs a few bucks. They did screw up by saying "lifetime" but drat geeks, simmer down.

So much for converting to new paid customers.

Idiots on Reddit were threatening to file a class-action lawsuit :xd:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Just checking in to say poweramp is by far the best music player I've tried.

The auto play on wired / Bluetooth connect feature is unique as far as I've seen and fits my use case perfectly. A little thing that is just so good.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I noticed that my "OK Google" detection stopped working a few days ago, and it was because the Moto voice assist had turned itself on.

Now it stopped working again, and it's the same reason. What the gently caress, Moto. Stop turning that on without me doing it...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Mogomra posted:

I noticed that my "OK Google" detection stopped working a few days ago, and it was because the Moto voice assist had turned itself on.

Now it stopped working again, and it's the same reason. What the gently caress, Moto. Stop turning that on without me doing it...

Mine also just turned off. I just updated the Moto app, which is what is turning it on, I think.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Uthor posted:

Mine also just turned off. I just updated the Moto app, which is what is turning it on, I think.

I don't know if it's that, or if restarting my phone resets it. Maybe both? Either way, something to look out for. Good to know I'm not the only one either.

:hf:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Clear prejudice against those with OCD

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also the question isn't even grammatically correct.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Laughing so loud at that. When Google Skynet takes over the unclean shall be the first to perish.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Do showers count as a bath?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

So, I haven't really messed around with Music Key, but there's a song that I search for in Play Music All Access and the only thing that is available is a video.

I think "cool, a use for Music Key", but...isn't it supposed to keep playing when I turn off the screen? It doesn't.

Also, it seems like a big oversight that you can't add videos to your regular Play Music play lists.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

eSporks posted:

Do showers count as a bath?

No, it says baths.

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
This just started happening: in the Google search app, or using the home screen search bar, search for anything that gives a Wikipedia link. Tap on it, you get the message "No app found to open url". Clearing various caches does nothing.

I just got the 5.1.1 update two days ago, I wonder if that broke something. N4, ATT, no root fwiw.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hey santa baby posted:

This just started happening: in the Google search app, or using the home screen search bar, search for anything that gives a Wikipedia link. Tap on it, you get the message "No app found to open url". Clearing various caches does nothing.

I just got the 5.1.1 update two days ago, I wonder if that broke something. N4, ATT, no root fwiw.

Settings > Apps > Menu > Reset App Preferences

My guess is you have that action directing to a broken app or an app you no longer have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Or just download the Wikipedia app which is a nice app and is nicer to use than the mobile site in my opinion.

• Locked thread