Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, did I accidentally stumble into a FFXI LP? You've got your paladin subbing ninja for shadows to tank damage? :v:

Not really, but I see what you did there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, did I accidentally stumble into a FFXI LP? You've got your paladin subbing ninja for shadows to tank damage? :v:

EO4 lets you do more or less the same thing (but with grooving instead).

This won't get picked, but if Alice goes Wildling we could get a bit of variety, at least. We don't need three Ninja, but we could use two drummers.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Make her a Ninja.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

MightyPretenders posted:

Make her a Ninja.

This

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
U-um... hello, there. Pleased to meet you. I am Alice-chan.

And the rest?

Oh, u-um... would you please die for me? YEAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT!

... Close enough.

(Ninja.)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Wildling, no doubt

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was going to vote Wildling, but...

W.T. Fits posted:

And the rest?

... Close enough.

(Ninja.)

...this is too good, so I have to agree. Ninja.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fetus, you choose all these options sound terrible and I don't know what to do.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The rolling pin is an excellent assassination tool according to my grandfather. He was a baker on one of the border towns!

Fascinating! Please, continue!

Ninja

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Captain Bravo posted:

Same principle, that blink-tanking to take 0 damage from attacks is good. The TP regen from Karuwaza can pretty easily get above the cost of any of the Hoplite's skills, too.

And, yeah, Bunshin for two Hopites guarding way too drat much.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Wildling. I just like Wildlings.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Princess. Because little Alice being a princess would be hilarious in good ways.

Also:

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm a pretty little princess! Ugh, what am I saying?

This was fantastic :allears: I wish for more of Faye randomly saying things like this anytime she uses a Princess skill.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Domo. I am Princess Slayer!!

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
So, that hidden class that the game does not allow you to use as a subclass. There is nothing in the code that prevents it from being a subclass, only picking it as a subclass. So if you were to want somebody to have it as a subclass *cough* Alice *cough* all you would have to do is set that person's subclass value to 11.

Edit:
If Dr. Fetus is willing to do this my vote is for ???

Double Rabite fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 21, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Double Rabite posted:

all you would have to do is set that person's subclass value to 11.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Double Rabite posted:

So, that hidden class that the game does not allow you to use as a subclass. There is nothing in the code that prevents it from being a subclass, only picking it as a subclass. So if you were to want somebody to have it as a subclass *cough* Alice *cough* all you would have to do is set that person's subclass value to 11.

I don't even know what the class is but I change my vote to this.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

W.T. Fits posted:

And the rest?

... Close enough.

(Ninja.)

...I see what you did there, and I approve of it wholeheartedly. Make Alice part Ninja.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
We must gamble! Make Alice part ??? because gently caress playing the game fairly!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kemix posted:

We must gamble! Make Alice part ??? because gently caress playing the game fairly!

Being an unlockable class doesn't necessarily make it good. Beasts were awful in EO2. I betcha Farmer/Class 11 is somehow gonna turn out to be the worst possible option.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Having seen what I have, I have to vote Ninja.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ninja

:bandwagon:

Edit: Just a reminder:

Dr. Fetus posted:

And choose what class you want them to be. There's ten classes available to us right now, with two being locked at the moment. You can see the starting stats of each class at the top. They all start out with the same pieces of equipment.

There are two extra classes.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 21, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The idea is that Alice's subclass is the one that the game doesn't let you pick as a subclass, because I for one am extremely contrarian. :v:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ninjas often went undercover as farmers back in the day. I bet Alice has been playing the long con.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Ninja, but if ??? is actually an option then do it. :unsmigghh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

alcharagia posted:

Being an unlockable class doesn't necessarily make it good. Beasts were awful in EO2. I betcha Farmer/Class 11 is somehow gonna turn out to be the worst possible option.

I think there's a fair 50/50 chance of it being crap.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Whichever Fetus thinks he can use best. As funny as intentionally saddling Alice with a bad class combination would be it would quickly stop being used when the joke wore thin but a class that is useful to Fetus will allow us to vote Alice in a lot more without feeling bad about it.

8_Escape fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Aug 21, 2015

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Literally any class would be more useful than Farmer in battle so I don't think there's much to screw up here.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ninja

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

-snip-
(Ninja.)

I was already on board to vote ninja because I want to see a reflection of my ninja from my playthrough (sleep, leg binds, petrification, now with far less damage output! :v:), but this was the cherry on top of my voting choice.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
VOTING IS CLOSED!

Ninja: 12

Princess: 5
Wildling: 4
???: Not happening. But 3 if you were curious.

My choice: 2

Everything else: 0

So, I guess Alice will learn the art of assassinating monsters. Farmer/Ninja it is.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Can we do it when we unlock that class?

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

alcharagia posted:

No.

Wow, I would never have thought Farmers were good for anything but subbing Princess. I mean, Princes are only above garbage tier because of certain (useful!) skills; without those they are non-offensive off-tanks. F/P's trade their (not useful) off-tankiness for an XP buff while retaining 100% efficiency on basically all P skills.

That seems infinitely preferable to being able to land one more leg bind on a boss. I guess I'll have to see it pulled off.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

alcharagia posted:

if it's the class I think you're thinking of, its the only one that can't be subbed since it wouldn't make sense.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

cdyoung posted:

if it's the class I think you're thinking of, its the only one that can't be subbed since it wouldn't make sense.

Double Rabite posted:

Edit:
If Dr. Fetus is willing to do this my vote is for ???

I'm saying to do what Double Rabite is saying because I'm contrarian. You know what else can't be Subclassed? Beast. :colbert:

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Well yes. EO2 and EOU2 don't have subclasses.

I do agree that it would be absolutely hilarious to see, though it should probably wait until the end of the lp or something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well, you can't Change Classes to Beast... or from Beast... is what I mean shut up gently caress Alice is a ninja whatever

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just wondering, how do you all feel about bug exploits? Your answer probably won't affect my decision on how I'll handle something, but I just wanna know anyway.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
THEY'RE MY FAVORITE THING EVER!!

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
If it's reasonably awesome I suppose. Nothing weird like subclassing that unsubclassable class though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Just wondering, how do you all feel about bug exploits? Your answer probably won't affect my decision on how I'll handle something, but I just wanna know anyway.

alcharagia posted:

THEY'RE MY FAVORITE THING EVER!!

• Locked thread