Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If it wasn't a rhythm game I'd just play with the sound off. :v: It did make me want to play some EBA though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I wish we were getting a demo for LBX. I know I could just watch videos on YouTube but it's really the kind of game I'd like to try before buying. I'm hoping it can fill the hole in my heart Custom Robo GC left. This game's combat seems a bit deliberately slower than that, and who knows if the humor is as charmingly meta. Fingers crossed that LBX is cool though

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

MykonosFan posted:

I wish we were getting a demo for LBX. I know I could just watch videos on YouTube but it's really the kind of game I'd like to try before buying. I'm hoping it can fill the hole in my heart Custom Robo GC left. This game's combat seems a bit deliberately slower than that, and who knows if the humor is as charmingly meta. Fingers crossed that LBX is cool though

I'm enjoying it so far, although I'm still basically in the beginning of the game.

Also LBX related, but the main website has six passwords hidden around it that you can punch in once you unlock the save points. Here's a list of them:

4x3grIND
8aDDr3am
op3nD80x
alFa7H3r
8igs7iCK
HIghn3$$

The codes unlock either an entire armor set or a weapon for purchase at the shop. The only one that's affordable at the beginning of the game is the last one, which is actually purchasable as soon as you have the freedom to buy things as long as you find the chest in the main character's backyard and sell the medal therein for more money.

Edit: A 7th code: w0LFGUnr

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 21, 2015

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I downloaded the Hatsune Miku demo and it's ok but the chipmunk-y vocals are annoying

forgive me hatsune-sama~~~

congrats you're normal!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I didn't know coasters were such a controversial topic

they don't have vinyl tablecloth in america?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

who needs a coaster when i have a gamepad. it can easily fit four drinks, enough for the whole family

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hahaha, Wayforward figures out what side their bread is buttered on and stops worrying about gameplay entirely.

They posted this

and then this

on their Tumblr, so look forward to the Mighty Switch Force: Academy spinoff where you date police cadets.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

hadji murad posted:

congrats you're normal!

Yeah, but who on earth wants to be normal?

That said the only Miku game I've played was one of the PSP games. I burned like 200 hours on FF Theatrhythm Curtain Call and still play it occasionally though, so I could go for more rhythm in my life if the game's any good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Amppelix posted:

They posted this

and then this

on their Tumblr, so look forward to the Mighty Switch Force: Academy spinoff where you date police cadets.

If they include the prisoners from the Mighty Switch Force games, maybe this is Nintendo's answer to Criminal Girls

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Amppelix posted:

They posted this

According to that card, Patty is just shy of 4 years old.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycot posted:

That's..strange. Why would they even make a store page for the game if they didn't even approve it yet?

Nintendo did approve the game; it got through lotcheck but the devs voluntarily postponed the release because all the people playing review copies on retail hardware were finding bugs that don't occur on dev kits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3D Gunstar Heroes is loving rad, all.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm used to vocaloid stuff now but I still wish they didn't have to do the robot voice thing every time.

Cultural differences. Some vocaloid controllers are good at hiding that aspect, tho'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anora posted:

Her composition is cybernetic so I somehow doubt it's set in 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That's the date Mighty Switch Force was released.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I assume that series takes place in the future.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More Club Nintendo crap, Euros!

Zelda carry case (19.5cm x 12cm x 6.5cm), 4000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/the-legend-of-zelda-carry-case-239

Luigi's Mansion diorama, 7000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/luigis-mansion-2-diorama-190

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Anora posted:

She's a robot anyway so her date of "birth" shouldn't matter much.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hahaha, Wayforward figures out what side their bread is buttered on and stops worrying about gameplay entirely.

Wayforward makes games? I thought they just made anime girls.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Zelda carry case (19.5cm x 12cm x 6.5cm), 4000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/the-legend-of-zelda-carry-case-239

Luigi's Mansion diorama, 7000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/luigis-mansion-2-diorama-190

I'm not much for these sorts of things, but goddamn do I want that Luigi's mansion diorama.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Watrick posted:

I'm not much for these sorts of things, but goddamn do I want that Luigi's mansion diorama.

gently caress off. I saw it first!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

this is so hosed up, we didn't even get a first chance to buy this dope poo poo

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Amppelix posted:

They posted this

and then this

kawaii (Japanese word for "cute")

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Augus posted:

Wayforward makes games? I thought they just made anime girls.

God bless them for it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does Kirby's Return to Dreamland let you use the gamepad buttons if you get it off the eShop?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spacebump posted:

Does Kirby's Return to Dreamland let you use the gamepad buttons if you get it off the eShop?

Nope, wiimote only because of waggle

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wayforward please make a followup to Sigma Star Saga.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

BattleMaster posted:

Wayforward please make a followup to Sigma Star Saga.

Namco owns Sigma Star Saga. It was intended as a followup to the PSX game Star Ixiom but the two games are very different and not really related at all.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Bought a WiiU and that thing came with it.
If for some inexplicable reason you'd like 7 day trial of WiiU Karaoke for eShop:

A03H29E707VCBT4Y

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Strotski posted:

Bought a WiiU and that thing came with it.
If for some inexplicable reason you'd like 7 day trial of WiiU Karaoke for eShop:

A03H29E707VCBT4Y

Used this, thanks. Gotta get my karaoke on.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I've been jonesing for a 2d Zelda game after loving Link Between Worlds. Does Links Awakening DX hold up (3DS virtual console)? I know it's a classic but I wouldn't be viewing it with any rose tinted goggles, having never owned an original gameboy back in the day. Was just curious what others thought.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've been jonesing for a 2d Zelda game after loving Link Between Worlds. Does Links Awakening DX hold up (3DS virtual console)? I know it's a classic but I wouldn't be viewing it with any rose tinted goggles, having never owned an original gameboy back in the day. Was just curious what others thought.

Yes, it does. Graphically it's not pretty but the gameplay holds up really well. In some ways it's more polished than in A Link to the Past (except for the fact that you only have buttons for two items, including your sword and shield, so you'll be swapping items a lot).

I'd say pretty much its only problem are the unskippable instructional messages that always appear when you meet an obstacle you can't move or destroy yet or find a powerup or a map or a compass; this is even more annoying than you'd think.

But it's a great game, seriously.

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 22, 2015

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Agreed, still my favorite Zelda game.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Zat posted:

Yes, it does. Graphically it's not pretty but the gameplay holds up really well. In some ways it's more polished than in A Link to the Past (except for the fact that you only have buttons for two items, including your sword and shield, so you'll be swapping items a lot).

I'd say pretty much its only problem are the unskippable instructional messages that always appear when you meet an obstacle you can't move or destroy yet or find a powerup or a map or a compass; this is even more annoying than you'd think.

But it's a great game, seriously.

I'd say the biggest problem is having to play it either on the circle pad (which is really imprecise when it's mimicking a d-pad) or the dinky 3DS d-pad, neither of which is really optimal for such an action-oriented game. I feel bad saying this, but I'd rather just emulate it so you get to play with a proper controller. This also applies to a lot of 3DS VC games.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Amppelix posted:

I'd say the biggest problem is having to play it either on the circle pad (which is really imprecise when it's mimicking a d-pad) or the dinky 3DS d-pad, neither of which is really optimal for such an action-oriented game. I feel bad saying this, but I'd rather just emulate it so you get to play with a proper controller. This also applies to a lot of 3DS VC games.

The D-pad on my New 3DS is great though (as was the one on my old 3DS XL too), certainly better than the one on my GBC was. But yeah, if your D-pad happens to be not so good, I can see it hampering the experience.

edit: Oh, you said "dinky". That's true of course and its location on the 3DS is not optimal. GBC's D-pad is just as small of course but it's in a more comfortable position. It's considerably mushier, though.

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 22, 2015

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

You should also consider Oracle of Seasons/Ages - they're both great games. They use the same engine as Awakening to make a puzzle game (Ages) and an action game (Seasons) that combine into one giant Zelda game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In non-Japanese news, the first part of the 3D Gunstar Heroes interview with Sega/M2 is up : http://blogs.sega.com/2015/08/18/segas-newest-title-in-their-3d-remaster-project-3d-gunstar-heroes-interview-part-1/ Choice quote: "To use a rather mundane example, I would say that 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage were Kaio-ken, this project is M2 finally going Super Saiyan."

I missed the second part! Oops. http://blogs.sega.com/2015/08/20/segas-newest-title-in-their-3d-remaster-project-3d-gunstar-heroes-interview-part-2/

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cloks posted:

You should also consider Oracle of Seasons/Ages - they're both great games. They use the same engine as Awakening to make a puzzle game (Ages) and an action game (Seasons) that combine into one giant Zelda game.

This but play Link's Awakening too and first.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Link's Awakening is great but it isn't perfect. It has some stupid poo poo in it like having to read text every time you get near a rock without equipping the power bracelet, or having to climb up a mountain again because you made a wrong turn into a hole in the ground that flushes you down to the bottom, or one-way paus in dungeons that force you to take roundabout routes just to get back where you were (the final dungeon kinda sucks). It has a unique atmosphere though that makes the game really memorable

Oracle of Seasons and Ages are probably the most solidly-designed Zelda games overall, in terms of pure gameplay. They're a lot of fun to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The Gameboy Zelda games are crippled by only having two buttons and you have to go in and out of your inventory constantly to switch items. Which is a shame because they have so many other good things going for them.