Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So The Real Her is basically just Shinozaki with BDSM instead of otaku culture, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Darth Walrus posted:

So The Real Her is basically just Shinozaki with BDSM instead of otaku culture, yeah?

Kinda. It's a lot faster-paced as far as developing the relationship between the main characters goes; it doesn't ever really feel like the plot is spinning its wheels like Shinozaki does sometimes.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Thuryl posted:

Kinda. It's a lot faster-paced as far as developing the relationship between the main characters goes; it doesn't ever really feel like the plot is spinning its wheels like Shinozaki does sometimes.
Yeah the main upside to Real Her is that it's not in stasis. It helps that it's very funny. From the beginning both characters are straightforward with each other, which is pretty uncommon in yuri manga (not to mention teen romance manga in general), so it can focus on the comedy and the character development.

On that note, Out Of The Blue's 3rd chapter is out. Also pretty straightforward (Yuri though, if you're not into that.)

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 18, 2015

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

I love both of the characters in this. Particularly the delinquent girl, but it's also refreshing to have an overachiever loner type character who isn't deeply conflicted or hiding a hidden past and is mostly just honest and capable, like the glasses girl. Mostly the delinquent girl is really cute, though.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
We get four new chapters of Tamen De Gushi, and it doesn't really progress the story at all. Annoying.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sure it does. Not sure what the big guy's role will be, but they had to establish him somehow if they want to use him in a big way.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

His role will be Sun Jing's trainer when this takes a sharp right and becomes a martial arts comic.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

New chapter of Sekine-kun no Koi!

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sekine-kun-no-koi-r562

I missed this series, I really hope it keeps up

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
One of my favorites. Natsyuki Rendezvous was a pretty cool series too. Well, I just watched the anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Remember that "cynical romance" series, Koi Dano Ai Dano? I continue reading it out of routine when it updates, and it's gotten rather interesting in the last dozen or so chapters. It seemed to threaten a holding pattern forever, but I feel like an editor was like "get on with it" and I'm enjoying this turn of events. :allears:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Man, I wish I had picked up Otome Yokai Zakuro sooner. Not sure why it's a "seinen" manga, though. I mean, the sparkle quotient isn't that high, but it's enough to be a shoujo manga anyhow.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 20, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seinen literally just means that the magazine it runs in is aimed at guys in their twenties, it's just a demographic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Man, I wish I had picked up Otome Yokai Zakuro sooner. Not sure why it's a "seinen" manga, though. I mean, the sparkle quotient isn't that high, but it's enough to be a shoujo manga anyhow.

The author and artist is mainly known for boys love stuff, but also did the characters design for Marawu Penguindrum. Did you watch the anime for OYZ? It's beautiful. Came out in 2009 or so, the manga has been trickling out since then.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Aug 20, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a manga about a tsundere catguy and a shy girl
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kedamono-ni-lollipop-r14935/

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Remember that "cynical romance" series, Koi Dano Ai Dano? I continue reading it out of routine when it updates, and it's gotten rather interesting in the last dozen or so chapters. It seemed to threaten a holding pattern forever, but I feel like an editor was like "get on with it" and I'm enjoying this turn of events. :allears:

hahaha, she finally realized why Tsubaki gets mad. I'm also very pleased with where it's been going.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Captain Invictus posted:

Progress! I actually like Yabuki as a rival, since his personality isn't bad.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

sincerely hope she doesn't end up with Designated Main Dude because he's incredibly boring and has been decidedly creepy throughout the series. I know she definitely will, but I don't want it to happen.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, reading old scans of old shounen ai stuff like The Ice Cold Demon's Tale is rough. I appreciate that they did it at all but I'll be glad when I get past these first few volumes.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Senpai, Sore Hitokuchi Kudasai! well this is pretty fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The sound effect for her walking in the first panel bring 'clop clop' before the rest of the page had loaded had me worried for a second.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Everything Burrito posted:

Man, reading old scans of old shounen ai stuff like The Ice Cold Demon's Tale is rough. I appreciate that they did it at all but I'll be glad when I get past these first few volumes.

I kind of wish there was a group dedicated to just cleaning up old scans, whether it was abysmal language or just a crappy set of scans. You get it with a lot of other genres and series too, like in One Piece re-reading it you'll get long stretches of great quality. Then suddenly a random group will take over for a few chapters and the quality will go to crap and luffy becomes rufi again.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm of two minds about that, since as nice as it would be for the groups doing the high-quality scans to re-do the ancient lower-quality ones, their time is probably better spent working on chapters that aren't translated at all. I'll grumble about having to muddle through a rough translation or bad scan but better than nothing, really. Especially if it wasn't licensed or is out of print & super rare. Bad scans of stuff I can still buy...I should probably stfu and buy the book lol.

Probably going to do that with that new deluxe version of Kizuna next time I have some mad money, while the books are still easy to get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, Kizuna there's a series I haven't thought about in a long time.
I have the sudden urge to find my VHS tapes of Zetsuai.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm of two minds about that, since as nice as it would be for the groups doing the high-quality scans to re-do the ancient lower-quality ones, their time is probably better spent working on chapters that aren't translated at all. I'll grumble about having to muddle through a rough translation or bad scan but better than nothing, really. Especially if it wasn't licensed or is out of print & super rare. Bad scans of stuff I can still buy...I should probably stfu and buy the book lol.

Probably going to do that with that new deluxe version of Kizuna next time I have some mad money, while the books are still easy to get.

True but at the same time, I imagine it might be more time consuming to do a whole new scan and translation of a new chapter, than to just use an old translation (provided you have permission or whatever if you're a nice person like that) over a new image. Basically I'm imagining a smaller group, possibly even composed of readers, just go back and janitor up the place in their spare time. But I imagine a lot of scanning and translating groups would freak out over the idea of other people touching their works like that, too. :shrug:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Another chapter of AFO Guard came out.

I want to know what the microwave girl's face looks like already! Hopefully she gets a chapter soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a shoujo manga festival in Kendal in October, that's close enough that I could go and be the oldest guy there...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This shows some promise: Hana Wa Nisemono.

A gay couple prays at a shrine to always be together. The shrine's god goes "Won't that be difficult since you're both guys?" and turns one of them into a girl, without adjusting their sexuality.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

A gay couple prays at a shrine to always be together. The shrine's god goes "Won't that be difficult since you're both guys?" and turns one of them into a girl, without adjusting their sexuality.

That's kind of rude

edit: in so many ways, now that i think about it

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 21, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
yeah that's kinda hosed

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

yeah that's kinda hosed

I would hope that's the point, although I have not read it and don't intend to as I'm currently reading the sexy cooking manga

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

I would hope that's the point, although I have not read it and don't intend to as I'm currently reading the sexy cooking manga
This is a derail for The Misc. Shoujo, Josei, & Romance Thread but is it only now that people are reading Shokugeki no Soma it's been around/known for a pretty long while I feel.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

This is a derail for The Misc. Shoujo, Josei, & Romance Thread but is it only now that people are reading Shokugeki no Soma it's been around/known for a pretty long while I feel.

people were posting tons of panels of it in the chat thread. also i hear that terrible tournament arc is over so maybe people have picked it back up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

yeah that's kinda hosed

Yeah, I'm following for now to see how it gets addressed but may or may not stick with it, depending on how it goes in the next few chapters. It doesn't have the benefit of really good art to make up for a potentially bad plot so I'm still on the fence :v:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

ive been pushing hard for it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Inflammatory posted:

yeah that's kinda hosed

So far the main "conflict" of the series is from the non-genderbent guy going "this girl here who was my boyfriend until a while ago? She's really cute, I care about her, but I'm just not straight :v:"

Will be interesting to see where the author goes from there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah a lot of stuff I watch/read I do so because I was vaguely interested and then the chat thread ends up taking about it and giving me motivation

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's making me hungry and thirsty

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God drat, Akatsuki no Yona 100 & 101.

Looks like the next arc will be a flashback to the original dragons, some series don't handle those too well but I think this one's will be cool.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Entire first volume of Koimonogatari has been scanned and translated now, so that's probably all that there ever will be lol.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That was goddamn brutal. I love it.