Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Skippy (June 22, 1928)

Peanuts, in which Lila needs me! (August 23, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Jess doesn't know yet that in the Funkyverse, dreams are illusions of the young. A grudging tolerance of your own continued survival is the only thing that's real.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 5-6, 1927)

Thimble Theater (March 9, 1929)

"African dominoes". It almost makes you wish he'd hit the slot machines instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows it's not the journey, it's the destination.

Working Daze keeps going with this non-joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a little bitter.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (March 9, 1929)

"African dominoes". It almost makes you wish he'd hit the slot machines instead.

I'm rather surprised that "beefing" was slang back in 1929.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does Mandrake know cock magic?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes and Spectacular Optical.

Ripley's

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

So did they chop him up? That's pretty morbid.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Alterian posted:

So did they chop him up? That's pretty morbid.

Hell, based on what the cartoon says, they rendered him two dimensional!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

She should get with this guy instead of Gunther.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Ugh. We're supposed to sympathize with him and we really should since it's bullshit that he might get fired for doing his job. But he makes it really hard because he's such a dick.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Juliet Jones being the mayor is so weird.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Green Intern posted:

It really isn't.

I do at least appreciate that the police have about the same opinion of Dilbert's argument as we do. Could this mean that we're moving out of the Groucho Marx comedy land where Dilbert insults everyone to their faces and nobody notices?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

I do at least appreciate that the police have about the same opinion of Dilbert's argument as we do. Could this mean that we're moving out of the Groucho Marx comedy land where Dilbert insults everyone to their faces and nobody notices?

Dilbert from prison, using the sort of "from lived experience" humor that the early strip used could be pretty good!
scott adams is a criminial

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I already hate Dilbert but how in the world is anyone supposed to agree with him here

"I willingly put a device on my head in order to fundamentally alter my emotions, thoughts and behaviors, and it malfunctioned in an unanticipated but reasonably foreseeable way. I'm innocent I tells ya!!!!"

e: oh god he's going to represent himself because he's IRREFUTABLE LOGICMAN and his defense is going to amount to "but my coworkers are soooo booooring" and the judge is going to dismiss the case and then a parade, cash prize, eternal obsidian monument, I kill myself, etc

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 21, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I already hate Dilbert but how in the world is anyone supposed to agree with him here

"I willingly put a device on my head in order to fundamentally alter my emotions, thoughts and behaviors, and it malfunctioned in an unanticipated but reasonably foreseeable way. I'm innocent I tells ya!!!!"

e: oh god he's going to represent himself because he's IRREFUTABLE LOGICMAN and his defense is going to amount to "but my coworkers are soooo booooring" and the judge is going to dismiss the case and then a parade, cash prize, eternal obsidian monument, I kill myself, etc

I'm hoping for an unironic sovereign citizen defense. I'd say 'only it actually succeeds', except it's so terrible I'm not sure it'd work even in fiction.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Juliet Jones being the mayor is so weird.

I agree, she should know her place! :P

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm hoping for an unironic sovereign citizen defense. I'd say 'only it actually succeeds', except it's so terrible I'm not sure it'd work even in fiction.

Equally likely: he adjusts the device so that everyone else vanishes from his sensorium and he justifies the jail cell as objectively the best place to be because he, the only real person, is in it; i.e., he turns it off and continues living as normal.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He literally hijacked a missile and killed several government agents like a month ago.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Forktoss posted:

Mmmmm...

splak
Byyyy Mennen

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Mark Trail

Oh, I dunno, probably something along the lines of missing nuclear material would be my guess. And, drat, Ken's foreheaaaaddd!! IT'S GROWING!
Haha I thought this was an edit.

F Minus

Mary Worth

I know this is going to be all involved and go on for weeks, but the answer here is, "Sorry, I wish I could but I have to go to my wife's art gallery opening tonight. You should check out the gallery sometime soon. We'd both be happy to take you and show you around. Good luck with the lecture! I'm sure it will be great!"

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

"This is your painting. The one that was destroyed was a fake. This one is also fake. This is not your painting. That is still missing."

Apartment 3-G

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Ugh. We're supposed to sympathize with him and we really should since it's bullshit that he might get fired for doing his job. But he makes it really hard because he's such a dick.

It wouldn't be surprising if this wasn't his first go-round with the boosters' club. To be fair, that'd wear the veneer off of anybody.

Pogo (August 23, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (February 12-15, 1953)

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

JacquelineDempsey posted:

dang do I miss Borden
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/tGLgTqE.jpg][/timg]

quote:

Death Ray
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/1uhq4px.jpg][/timg]

quote:

... where are they now?

R Ubbish fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 22, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Everything bagels are pretty good, but I think I'd like them more if they weren't so messy.

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...not exactly subtle foreshadowing, is it? I'm still enjoying this comic, but I need to remember it's designed for kids, not me.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

R Ubbish posted:

Borden
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/tGLgTqE.jpg]Borden[/timg]

Death Ray
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/1uhq4px.jpg]Death Ray[/timg]

... where are they now?

(also r ubbish)
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/4hINye8.gif]R Ubbish[/timg]

Remember 9 Junji Lane?

Yeah, me neither.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

I like the art on these dumb people. You really get the sense that they're dumb.

I feel like it's not a good idea to tell them the real name of their ship, but what do I know?

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I read your post slightly differently at first and it still made perfect sense.

Naughty!

fake edit: I laughed

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I dig all these editors, particularly you, Mister Bbish.

(and 9 ito lane.)

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Newspaper Mickey Mouse (1934-1935):

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Yeah. Why not? We haven't seen a good reason why not.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

For someone training to be the next Phantom when his dad dies, I'm really starting to dislike this aryan shitheel.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Move The Phantom to Political Cartoon Thread.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

:3:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/22/2004

Right. It's clear now, that Brooke is horrified by hornets/bees/any general stinging insect. Apparently he doesn't like fish nibbling at the hairs on your leg, too.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Beige? What?

Ken "Oh My God" Forehead

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, Mark's copped a load of gamma rays.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Beige? What?

Like Brown, you see.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Mr. Squishy posted:

Like Brown, you see.

Auburn, where Holbrook went to school.

Also I want to read "Pat McG" on her nameplate as "Pat McGroin"

Mercedes Colomar