Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Are there any newer free MMO's out there that are halfway decent. Been fighting the urge to get my old gaming rig from my parents and load up some SWTOR.

i've been playing H1Z1 with goons, it's $20 and it's in alpha, but it is one of the best video games I've played. once it goes to beta/release it'll be free to play and the alpha users will get special goodies and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Lol, this company is absurd. They laid out like 9 hours worth of work for us today with time frames but it takes us 2 hours to get ready in the morning because their shop is a tornado and they dunno how to buy materials. Sorry, not working 12 hours on a Friday...

This is why you don't have money for rent and other goodies.

If my work place is giving overtime, you better believe I'm making every dime possible.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I've successfully made it to the half-century mark today. Go me. To celebrate I guess I'll go to work.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is why you don't have money for rent and other goodies.

If my work place is giving overtime, you better believe I'm making every dime possible.

Yeah same, I work 60 hours per week between my part time gig at the fruit stand and my part time internship. i am tired, in need of a vacation, and dead inside, but i've been able to put $3,500 in the bank this summer by living off of one cheque and saving the other.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm not advocating working your life away, but if your given a chance to sock some extra cash, do it.

I'm a firm believer in a solid rainy day fund, in case a vehicle shits a transmission or a medical bill pops up.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

I've successfully made it to the half-century mark today. Go me. To celebrate I guess I'll go to work.

Congrats. Time to consider trading the Focus for a Corvette, then doing nothing but parking it in the Corvette-only row at Pavilions and waxing it with a baby diaper.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
And then promptly crashing it at a Cars and Coffee because some 16 year old girl sneezed but you thought she was winking at you, so you did a siqqq powerslide into a group of on-lookers.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I realized today that the only time I've ever given the finger to another motorist has been to school bus drivers, and it's happened more than once. Those guys are jerks.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm a firm believer in a solid rainy day fund, in case a vehicle shits a transmission or a medical bill pops up.

This. If you don't have emergency saving you are crazy.

So many day to day problems aren't problems when you can throw money at them to make them go away.

Same with driving a beater as a DD, parking lot ding? Who cares? Someone merges into you? Who cares I have a front clip in storage.

Life is stressful, no need to make it worse.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I used my rainy day fund on a rainy day(medical bills). Now it's the slow build up and hope nothing goes terribly wrong in the mean time.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I've been working OT here since I started. I'll have like 58 hours by the end of today. It just burns me out after a while. Plus I work up with a bad headache today.

I was more complaining about how we have 9 hours slotted for the work today but we already wasted 2 hours of it this morning dicking around at the shop for misc parts and materials so now we have to work twice as fast.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Car was built on Wednesday. :keke:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

And then promptly crashing it at a Cars and Coffee because some 16 year old girl sneezed but you thought she was winking at you, so you did a siqqq powerslide into a group of on-lookers.

Last time I went to a cars and coffee it was at a local McLaren dealer and the "Tampa Bay BMW Boyyyzzz" (just guessing their gang name) showed up in their clapped out e36's with roll cages in them, lined them up next to the exotics and put the hoods up so you could see the sweet intakes.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I love cars but I find car people absolutely insufferable. Except for AI of course. Actually, now that I think about it the same is true for video games.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I woke up with a headache today too, I think it's allergies.

Or dehydration, maybe gout? I'm saying I eat like a king, guys :smug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I love cars but I find car people absolutely insufferable. Except for AI of course.

I think you have pretty much the same view that I do. I hate all new cars and it drives me nuts if a friend introduces to me saying they're a car person to and all they want to talk about is how awesome the new Ferrari/BMW/Audi is, and then look at me like I'm a mental patient when I talk about how a 30 year old rusted beat up scirocco is the best car I've ever owned. The whole cars and coffees culture is alien to me and I think my head would explode if I actually went to one of those events.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you have pretty much the same view that I do. I hate all new cars and it drives me nuts if a friend introduces to me saying they're a car person to and all they want to talk about is how awesome the new Ferrari/BMW/Audi is, and then look at me like I'm a mental patient when I talk about how a 30 year old rusted beat up scirocco is the best car I've ever owned. The whole cars and coffees culture is alien to me and I think my head would explode if I actually went to one of those events.

Let's be friends.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

Nah, the people in that row are all scared to actually use the loud pedal for fear of hurting the car.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Pretty much. I went because my son wanted to go, and honestly there are a lot of exotics in this area so it's pretty cool to check them out, but when a bunch of wannabe exotic owners show up in their lovely BMWs it kinda ruins it. I parked my Miata behind the loving building and walked over, I'm not gonna pull it up next to a P1 like I'm entitled to, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Nah, the people in that row are all scared to actually use the loud pedal for fear of hurting the car.

Yeah that post was more in tune with the Mustang crowd than the Corvettes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The C&C in Buffalo is pretty nice. A surprising amount of exotics, awesome 80s relics, a few muscle cars here and there and one or two hella flushers. No one spins their tires like a jerk but giving it the beans while leaving is welcomed.

10 year old kids are more into my car than the C&C crew though and Im ok with that, this is the only picture I showed up in from the official event photographer

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 21, 2015

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I took the rally car to a cars and coffee once, mixed reception, the old exotic dudes were like what the fawk is this poo poo, but most people who knew what it was thought was cool.

I had the cheapest car there and the kids loved sitting in it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

leica posted:

Pretty much. I went because my son wanted to go, and honestly there are a lot of exotics in this area so it's pretty cool to check them out, but when a bunch of wannabe exotic owners show up in their lovely BMWs it kinda ruins it. I parked my Miata behind the loving building and walked over, I'm not gonna pull it up next to a P1 like I'm entitled to, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I'm not even that big of a fan of newer exotics so I really don't know what I'd go for.

I think something has been lost over the years, it used to be stuff like 911s and Lambos were monsterous snarling deathtraps that killed you if you looked at it wrong, now there's like 15 different traction control and handling settings in those cars. Going fast in those cars used to be a sign that you had big balls, now its just a sign that you paid out x dollars for the next model up. I forget what model it was, but around fiveish years ago Ferrari were bragging that in their new model literally anybody could lap within a second or two of their test driver at a certain circuit, what's the point in that?

If there was a car show that revolved around showing obscure failed poo poo like Cadillac 8-6-4s, the 80s Chrysler Imperial and that Jaguar that was based on the Ford Contour I'd be genuinely interested in going.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
A guy I know was bitching about c&c on facebook yesterday because they wouldn't let him and like 5 of his friends all with mustangs in to the main display area.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I can't find a C&C in my local area :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I think c&c should be strictly for exotics and unique cars, unless your Mustang is REALLY loving special it shouldn't be there.

Cars like Slow is fast's should be welcomed because it's a real race car, that's interesting. Bolt on modded Mustangs are not.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

I think c&c should be strictly for exotics and unique cars, unless your Mustang is REALLY loving special it shouldn't be there.

Cars like Slow is fast's should be welcomed because it's a real race car, that's interesting. Bolt on modded Mustangs are not.
Everyones car is welcomed, car hitler. Bad attitudes are not.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not even that big of a fan of newer exotics so I really don't know what I'd go for.

I think something has been lost over the years, it used to be stuff like 911s and Lambos were monsterous snarling deathtraps that killed you if you looked at it wrong, now there's like 15 different traction control and handling settings in those cars. Going fast in those cars used to be a sign that you had big balls, now its just a sign that you paid out x dollars for the next model up. I forget what model it was, but around fiveish years ago Ferrari were bragging that in their new model literally anybody could lap within a second or two of their test driver at a certain circuit, what's the point in that?

If there was a car show that revolved around showing obscure failed poo poo like Cadillac 8-6-4s, the 80s Chrysler Imperial and that Jaguar that was based on the Ford Contour I'd be genuinely interested in going.

All newer cars are driving appliances. All of them. It doesn't matter if your particular one has 4 turbos and 600hp, there are enough electronic leashes wrapped around it that any amount of stepping over the line is met with a swift pull on the leash to bring the car back in line. Even turning traction control off on some cars doesn't really turn them off, just turns them down.

They all look stupid as well. Even a mundane kia has the same angular lines and "angry face" of a Lambo. loving BMW pipes in engine noise through the speakers because the real engine is too quiet and subdued.

We should start an AI car show. Old beaters, and interesting projects only. No enthusiast cars allowed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cage posted:

Everyones car is welcomed, car hitler. Bad attitudes are not.

Prepare to be flooded by Hondas and Mustangs. Oh, and lots and lots of modded econobox Nissans

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Mustang owners are p entertaining because chances are they're gonna drift into a curb.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Prepare to be flooded by Hondas and Mustangs. Oh, and lots and lots of modded econobox Nissans

At the big one here in AZ (the aforementioned Scottsdale Pavilions) the crowd is partly dependent upon time of day. During the daylight hours it trends heavily towards classic American muscle in its varied forms, usually with baby-boomer owners. The type of people who will throw a fit if you call their ERA or Factory Five Cobra a "kit". The later it gets, the more you get the ricer/drift crowd, which is also when the police enforcement starts cranking up a bit.

Plenty of legitimately cool cars in all categories, though, especially during auction week.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

At the big one here in AZ (the aforementioned Scottsdale Pavilions) the crowd is partly dependent upon time of day. During the daylight hours it trends heavily towards classic American muscle in its varied forms, usually with baby-boomer owners. The type of people who will throw a fit if you call their ERA or Factory Five Cobra a "kit". The later it gets, the more you get the ricer/drift crowd, which is also when the police enforcement starts cranking up a bit.

Plenty of legitimately cool cars in all categories, though, especially during auction week.

I really want to find a Cars and Coffee in my area, but can't seem to find any.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I've been working OT here since I started. I'll have like 58 hours by the end of today. It just burns me out after a while. Plus I work up with a bad headache today.

I was more complaining about how we have 9 hours slotted for the work today but we already wasted 2 hours of it this morning dicking around at the shop for misc parts and materials so now we have to work twice as fast.

Hiya, haven't seen you in waywt for a while. Youre right: the thing about taking every opportunity to earn money is it affects your health, sleep, relationships etc so it could end up COSTING you money.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
His car is actually pretty nice and they were going to let him in. Just not 5 more newish mustangs with wings and stickers.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Phone posted:

Car was built on Wednesday. :keke:
details?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Think $4500 CDN is too much to spend on this:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/5167408611.html

I don't want to drive all the way out to Squamish to look at it if the guy is asking too much to begin with.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 21, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
But thats like a free pass to C&C.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

ilkhan posted:

details?

It's Phone so it must be a new Miata.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Galler posted:

It's Phone so it must be a new Miata.

It's the new Miata he put a deposit down on like 3 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Local track is doing a track day, and I am the only one here not prepping for the SCCA races tomorrow. I spent all morning chasing down ITA, IT7 and SM cars in my street driven e36 m3. This is the least organized event I've been at but oh well. Beats being at work on a beautiful Friday.

• Locked thread