Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Quick question on the #/#/P column. In your example you state Charles was RB1 8 times based on the first number. What does RB1 mean? He was a top 12 RB in a 12 team league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

quote:

#/#/P: This is how the player did last year for a given position each week. The first two numbers represent a weekly rank in a position (0.5 means the top 50% of a position, typically used for 1 position slots such as QB and TE). P stands for played; the number of weeks the player actually played assuming a 16 week season. For example in the 12 team, 0PPR, 2RB sheet the column would be 1/2/P and Jamaal Charles has the numbers 8/9/14. That means that in 2014 using that scoring and roster setting Jamaal Charles was a RB1 a total of 8 times, equal to or better than a RB2 a total of 9 times (including the RB1 weeks), and played a total of 14 games.

Yes, RB1 means top 12 in a 12 team league, top 10 in a 10 team league, top 8 in an 8 team league, and so on.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 21, 2015

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

I'm worried that I hear whispers that Bradford has barely taken a step in live drills abd looks like a statue. Paired with the fact he won't be playing any preseason games and I have to wonder if he's as ready as Chip wants people to believe. I guess the same could be said about Murray missing pretty significant practice time and preseason games under the guise "we're just limiting his touches after a heavy workload"

I was under the impression that Bradford was starting tomorrow against Baltimore.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

milkrun posted:

I was under the impression that Bradford was starting tomorrow against Baltimore.

That's the plan.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
On the topic of Beersheets, do you guys use them as a guide for trades during the season? For instance the Jeremy Hill owner in my league offered me his Gronk (6.2) for my Jeffery (4.9) plus Gio (1.7). Combining the values thats a 6.2 value player for my 6.6 value players... or do the player values on Beersheets not work that way?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Prophecy120 posted:

On the topic of Beersheets, do you guys use them as a guide for trades during the season? For instance the Jeremy Hill owner in my league offered me his Gronk (6.2) for my Jeffery (4.9) plus Gio (1.7). Combining the values thats a 6.2 value player for my 6.6 value players... or do the player values on Beersheets not work that way?

After week 4, draft position is basically out the window and you go on production up to that point.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

After week 4, draft position is basically out the window and you go on production up to that point.

This. ADP is only helpful for determining a draft strategy. The regular season shakes the box, and throws it on the floor. Then a kid comes along and stomps some of your guys into the dirt.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felter Chesthard posted:

I am in a league with .25 pts per completion 6 patd and 1 ppr. Does the qb change make a big enough difference to warrant using something other than the 10 team 1 ppr sheet? I have pick 6 and I am thinking of reaching for a qb with my second round pick.

Yeah that really provides a boost to the pass heavy QBs. I'd likely target Rodgers in the first after the elite RBs are gone.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Prophecy120 posted:

I hope you accepted this trade.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
If I had the opportunity to draft both Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb in the 2nd/3rd rd, after taking a solid RB1 in the first round, would I be crazy not to?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Signed up 11 people for my first work league yesterday, it's gonna be a fun season. ($10 buyin winner takes all, Yahoo STD h2h, w/r flex)

I am going to lose.

draft with beersheets and be active on the waiver wire and you'll probably win

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

railroad terror posted:

If I had the opportunity to draft both Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb in the 2nd/3rd rd, after taking a solid RB1 in the first round, would I be crazy not to?

I'd do it no problem.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

railroad terror posted:

Too many eggs in one basket for me, but I understand why you would want to. Separately, you'd take either one, but one bad game/hurt QB and your WR1 and WR2 are taken out.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

railroad terror posted:

If you are really concerned about having two WRs from the same team, grab Andre Johnson instead. He should be available in the same round as Cobb and should do just fine with Luck.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Dren posted:

draft with beersheets and be active on the waiver wire and you'll probably win

I've got two years of fantasy experience, a couple of the others have 5-10, half are newbies. excited to see several qbs drafted first round :haw:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Thwomp posted:

If you are really concerned about having two WRs from the same team, grab Andre Johnson instead. He should be available in the same round as Cobb and should do just fine with Luck.

Don't do that. Andre Johnson should be drafted much later than Cobb.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah that really provides a boost to the pass heavy QBs. I'd likely target Rodgers in the first after the elite RBs are gone.

Tried to get at you on IRC but the podcast I recommended that's in the OP, Fantasy Underground, is no more. It was Christopher Harris and Field Yates. Field is now an ESPN on air person and Christopher Harris has left ESPN to start his own site (harrisfootball.com) and a solo podcast (there are guests). It's called the "Harris Football" podcast and it's actually a better podcast than Fantasy Underground (5 days a week instead of 2, different guests every episode so there's more points of view).

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thank you! You are the man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dren posted:

Tried to get at you on IRC but the podcast I recommended that's in the OP, Fantasy Underground, is no more. It was Christopher Harris and Field Yates. Field is now an ESPN on air person and Christopher Harris has left ESPN to start his own site (harrisfootball.com) and a solo podcast (there are guests). It's called the "Harris Football" podcast and it's actually a better podcast than Fantasy Underground (5 days a week instead of 2, different guests every episode so there's more points of view).

Field Yates is now on the Fantasy Focus podcast with Matthew Berry, if you're looking for him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

weas posted:

This.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Don't do that. Andre Johnson should be drafted much later than Cobb.

Yah, you should be able to get Alshon Jeffery or TY Hilton around the same time as Cobb, and I would take both of those over AJ.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

weas posted:

He originally wanted Jeffery and Forsett for Gronk, I'm trying (successfully, I think) to talk him down to Gio Bernard instead of Forsett.

Edit: This is the same owner who autodrafted Kevin White because of a bad Comcast connection, so he's already down a WR.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 21, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Field Yates is now on the Fantasy Focus podcast with Matthew Berry, if you're looking for him.

Field Yates is so boring and not all that insightful why would you seek him out

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Guy in my league just lost Benjamin (8th round keeper) and another guy had Graham (8th rd), Maclin (11th), Matthews (13th), and Hopkins (17th) and can only keep three. Guy with Benjamin had two 2nds and I have two 3rds and three 4ths. So we organized this:

I receive: 2.6, 7.6, 10.1
Team A receives: Eric Weddle, 4.10, 5.7, 18.3
Team B receives: Jordan Matthews, Elvis Dumervil, 3.10, 9.6, 13.1

I was planning on keeping Weddle in the 16th, but now I'm going to keep Levy in the 8th because I have 9 picks in the first 7 rounds and am keeping Barr in the 17th and Bowman in the 22nd. I threw in Dumervil for whatever.

I now have:

1.7, 2.3, 2.6, 3.7, 4.3, 4.12, 5.10, 6.7, 7.6, 8.5 (Levy), 9.1, 9.10, 10.1, 10.10 (Hill), 12.10 (Charles), 16.10 (Anderson), 17.10 (Barr), 21.8, 22.7, 22.11 (Bowman), 23.2, 23.6, 23.10, 23.12, 24.5

It's a 12-team league, keep 2 offense, two defense, one choice of either, and one optional free player in the last 5 rounds (21-25). I've got a handshake deal in place to trade for Rodgers (1.10) for 24.5 and a swap of my 2016 3rd round pick for his 2016 19th.

Based on player pool, My first 7 picks should be:

1.7) Jones/Cobb/Green
1.10) Rodgers
2.3) A. Johnson/Sanders/Tate/Jackson/Marshall
2.6) A. Johnson/Sanders/Tate/Jackson/Marshall
3.7) Spiller/Ivory/Martin/Blount/K. Allen/V. Jackson
4.3) Bernard/Landry/Wallace/Boldin/J. Brown
4.12) Bernard/Landry/Wallace/Boldin/J. Brown

Start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, D, DB, DB, DB, DL, LB, LB, LB

Potential Starting roster:

QB: Rodgers
WR: Cobb/Jones/Green
WR: A. Johnson/Sanders/Tate/Jackson/Marshall
RB: Charles
RB: Anderson
TE: Who cares
W/T: A. Johnson/Sanders/Tate/Jackson/Marshall
W/R/T: Hill
BN: Spiller/Ivory/Martin/Blount/K. Allen/V. Jackson
BN: Bernard/Landry/Wallace/Boldin/J. Brown
BN: Bernard/Landry/Wallace/Boldin/J. Brown

I'm also totally planning to go above ADP and use two of my 5th/6th/7th for Agholor and Stevie Johnson and use the other of those three for the best LB available.

Tell me how badly I am going to dominate these people?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 21, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I have a 15 inch laptop screen and you just filled the whole thing with mostly incoherent gibberish

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well if that guy wants to give you Rodgers for a 3rd next year, I would do it. As in I personally would do it. Don't know what everyone else will say but your team looks real good.

Well, basically a 4th or 5th when you factor in the "NFL draft value chart". Call it in!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

good to know but pretty much this

Spoeank posted:

Field Yates is so boring and not all that insightful why would you seek him out

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind finding a new fantasy football podcast that is decently funny, even if it does go into morning zoo routines at the expense of total football news/coverage. I've got a 50 minute drive to and from work, and most of the "serious" podcasts have been lulling me to sleep lately.

I do listen to the Fantasy Focus podcast for this reason, but they're still feeling out the Yates/Berry team. Any similar suggestions?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

The Footballers podcast isn't bad. They had Chris Harris and Steve Rannazzisi from The League as guests this week.

http://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The Rotoviz weekly news report has been pretty entertaining so far, if only for the 'is this news item fake or real' segment.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Faked goods podcast

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Awesome, thanks for the new suggestions. Downloading them all now.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Matthew Berry one of the ones you mentioned, probably, IDK the names, listened to one on keeper leagues while I was mock-drafting and they were talking about going to like a 'morning show' format in a way, with humor and other crap, but still talking FF. I like Berry so am probably biased, but I thought it was good, though it is the one and only time I heard one of his podcasts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Michael Corleone posted:

Is Matthew Berry one of the ones you mentioned, probably, IDK the names, listened to one on keeper leagues while I was mock-drafting and they were talking about going to like a 'morning show' format in a way, with humor and other crap, but still talking FF. I like Berry so am probably biased, but I thought it was good, though it is the one and only time I heard one of his podcasts.

Matthew Berry does get a lot of hate around here, but I find him entertaining. I can take the FF advice with a grain of salt (Vick #1 :argh: ), but I like to listen to his podcast (yes, that's the Fantasy Focus I mentioned above) and enjoyed his book.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

Matthew Berry does get a lot of hate around here, but I find him entertaining. I can take the FF advice with a grain of salt (Vick #1 :argh: ), but I like to listen to his podcast (yes, that's the Fantasy Focus I mentioned above) and enjoyed his book.

I've always found the Fantasy Focus entertaining but Yates and Berry just aren't doing it for me. I might still keep listening because a couple of my league mates are big Berry fans and it help to know what guys they might be targeting.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Sanity check for y'all:

Work league, 12 team Yahoo that will HOPEFULLY become a 0.5 PPR (right now it's 0.5 point per receiving first down).

I'm pick 4/12. I'll see how things shake out but if it goes Charles-Bell-Peterson I'll probably take Brown over Lacy/Lynch/whoever.

However after some review, I noticed that the Steelers have the WORST WR/QB strength of schedule this year while Julio is looking downright rosy.

I've thought about taking Julio as the 4th pick (his health scares me a bit, though), also thought about trading draft spots up to 8th/9th and hoping Julio falls that far, or I could just be overthinking it because SOS prior to the season often means jack diddly and Brown is drat near matchup-proof regardless.

Anyone worrying about Brown/Bell (they're 26th in RB SOS) regression this year due to SOS, maybe making them not play up to their ADP?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Have you tried CBS Fantasy Football Podcast? They're pretty jovial.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Amergin posted:

Sanity check for y'all:

Work league, 12 team Yahoo that will HOPEFULLY become a 0.5 PPR (right now it's 0.5 point per receiving first down).

I'm pick 4/12. I'll see how things shake out but if it goes Charles-Bell-Peterson I'll probably take Brown over Lacy/Lynch/whoever.

However after some review, I noticed that the Steelers have the WORST WR/QB strength of schedule this year while Julio is looking downright rosy.

I've thought about taking Julio as the 4th pick (his health scares me a bit, though), also thought about trading draft spots up to 8th/9th and hoping Julio falls that far, or I could just be overthinking it because SOS prior to the season often means jack diddly and Brown is drat near matchup-proof regardless.

Anyone worrying about Brown/Bell (they're 26th in RB SOS) regression this year due to SOS, maybe making them not play up to their ADP?

work leagues are full of retards, go for safe picks instead of reaching

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Have you tried CBS Fantasy Football Podcast? They're pretty jovial.

No, I'll add that to the list of ones to try, thanks!

Prophecy120 posted:

The Footballers podcast isn't bad. They had Chris Harris and Steve Rannazzisi from The League as guests this week.

http://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/

Just listened to this on the way home, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. If the quality stays the same in the next few podcasts, this is going to be my #1 daily football podcast. Still have the other ones to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Amergin posted:

Sanity check for y'all:

No need to get cute at pick #4. Go with Brown. If any of Charles-Bell-Peterson is there, take them instead.

• Locked thread