Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
we can safely assume that hitlery paid these guys to beat that mexican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

blue hat guy is about to become a meme mark my words

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spaceman Future! posted:

These tea party idiots were supposed to be the circus that showed the process worked, but the bearded lady just shot the ringmaster and is executing the other clowns one by one while a bemused audience pays attention for the first time since they sat down. The power brokers arent "trying" anything, poo poo is officially off the rails, people are just scattering to avoid getting pasted.

what a time to be alive

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't believe anyone is asking for Mitt Romney.

I disagree with this. I think there have been some people pushing for Romney for months. However, you're right, in that it's pretty doubtful he'll throw his hat in because he's a loser and people know this.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

I am pretty sure no one is really scared of sanders

Just give him some hard candy and send him home

They weren't a month ago. Shows that they're bad at their jobs, really.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

What are all these Canadians doing at the Iowa State Fair?

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
As long as we're all reminiscing about Romney, how about this classic

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

George H.W. Bush should run.

Joementum's identity finally revealed:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

DaveWoo posted:

Christie's flopping with the Republican base because he hugged Obama that one time.

That wasn't fixed with the stirring rebuttal "the hugs I remember are the hugs I gave the family members of the victims of 9/11"?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Corporations are people, my friend.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Human life begins at inception.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Carrasco posted:

That wasn't fixed with the stirring rebuttal "the hugs I remember are the hugs I gave the family members of the victims of 9/11"?

He's an obese man wrapped in scandal who hugged Obama that one time.

And he's a moderate!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Romney is a hilarious caricature of a rich person, but he at least knew how to look like an adult among the other crazies. I can imagine some legitimacy to the idea that he's better than Jeb?! and Walker in that respect. It seems like Rubio is trying to fill that gap, but he hasn't really caught on yet.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Eh, incepting an idea into Cruz' head is as easy as having Trump say it first, no wacky device necessary.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Rubio is the most presidential candidate the GOP has had in a long time but the base cant see that for obvious reasons *cough*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

echronorian posted:

Rubio is the most presidential candidate the GOP has had in a long time but the base cant see that for obvious reasons *cough*

rubio and kasich are the only ones running that dont seem like weird robots

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
What are Rubio's non-awful qualities, so I can update my flashcards

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bunleigh posted:

What are Rubio's non-awful qualities, so I can update my flashcards

Here they are:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm sure he is very well hydrated these days

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

He puts an emphasis on staying hydrated.

Edit:

gently caress. Beaten.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Just got an email from the O'Malley campaign:

quote:

The attacks on me are rolling in: yesterday I found out the NRA is putting me front and center on one of their magazines. Check it out below. Also, apparently Donald Trump called me a "disgusting, little, weak, pathetic baby." And now, on the day I released my plan to expand Social Security, the Third Way says it's "political pandering at its worst."

It goes on but lol at the Third Way callout and the Trump quote.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Rubio and Kasich are the only viable presidential nominees that I can see, in terms of the general election

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
every time Rubio comes up I have to look up pictures to remember what he looks like, and then I immediately forget again

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

Dreams feel real when we're in them, It's only when we wake up we realize something was strange.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the video of Page and Cruz at the fair.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Yep. BUT it's REALLY, REALLY stupid on CNN's part.

They'll be tarred and feathered by everyone who isn't a Democrat for being "in the tank" for the Democrats.

Fiorina might not be polling where she is if it wasn't for FOX pumping her up and claiming she "won" the debate, but 2 wrongs don't make 1 right and CNN using really old polls to keep someone who is currently polling around #7 and ahead of Christie, Kasich, Paul, and Huckabee out of the "Top 10" debate is going to make them look REALLY bad.

lol nobody gives a single gently caress about Fiorina, least of all democrats

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boosted_C5 posted:

Yep. BUT it's REALLY, REALLY stupid on CNN's part.

They'll be tarred and feathered by everyone who isn't a Democrat for being "in the tank" for the Democrats.

Fiorina might not be polling where she is if it wasn't for FOX pumping her up and claiming she "won" the debate, but 2 wrongs don't make 1 right and CNN using really old polls to keep someone who is currently polling around #7 and ahead of Christie, Kasich, Paul, and Huckabee out of the "Top 10" debate is going to make them look REALLY bad.

Weren't these criteria decided months ago? Suddenly changing them to get Fiorina in would bump someone else out, and that person would be rightfully pissed about it.

Also no one gives a poo poo about her anyway.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I feel bad for O'Malley because I can't help but picture Tommy Carcetti in my mind, even though David Simon has said O'Malley inspiring Carcetti has been overblown

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Mobile's finest trailer.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Xenophon posted:

every time Rubio comes up I have to look up pictures to remember what he looks like, and then I immediately forget again

Rubio seems like a threat if you mostly engage with him via print and written digital media. He is a relatively young, good-looking guy who usually looks cheerful and upbeat. He doesn't say anything of earth-shattering stupidity that you can blow up into 70-point font and laugh at the guy (read: "anchor babies," "47%"). But if you see him on TV, like the vast majority of voters still use their primary medium if I'm not mistaken, he comes off really, really poorly.

I was nervous about him and wasn't sure why people were so :smug: about the water bottle thing. But then I watched him here and here in session with Secretary Kerry. It really looks like a sober principal swatting away a precocious student. He's the epitome of a Young Republican and comes off as totally out of his depth.

Hillary would fustigate him on a debate stage without even firing a neuron.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Is that an official Trump campaign truck? Or just some random dude showing his support?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
abcSigns.biz gonna get a C&D from Disney for that logo.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Feather posted:

Is that an official Trump campaign truck? Or just some random dude showing his support?

Going by the level of quality, I would lean very hard towards the latter. Not gilded at all!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

echronorian posted:

Rubio is an 'anchor baby' to the base...

UGH...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm concerned about the American flag seemingly growing out of Trump's thumb.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Blue hat guy is the best part of this. He just wants to grill his pork

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

theblackw0lf posted:

I feel bad for O'Malley because I can't help but picture Tommy Carcetti in my mind, even though David Simon has said O'Malley inspiring Carcetti has been overblown

I don't get that. He was the white city councilman who became mayor of Baltimore under a Republican governor, and then became Governor of Maryland himself.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

He's gunna get some live-ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Scott Walker punts on the birthright citizenship issue:

quote:

Asked by CNBC's John Harwood about ending birthright citizenship — an effort Trump has endorsed — Walker said Friday, "I'm not taking a position on it one way or another."

• Locked thread