Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm the three dots in a circle that will only take you to "show album" if you click it next to the box where it shows what's currently playing and not next to the song you just double clicked on in the library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple music is great

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

apple music is a buggy piece of poo poo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/20/apple-disables-dashboard-default-osx-el-capitan/

rip dashboard you had a couple of good widgets but nobody had cared about you for years

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
yeah widgets didnt even get updated for 10.10 yospos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

epic arch linux or something

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im all the bad music

so all of the music

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i'm Dan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

are you off today. make up your f mind

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Cool I'm the worst hits of the early 2000s aka that music library

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

smythe I can get behind almost all the poop punk but reliant k? really? I expected more out of you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Grandmaster.flv posted:

smythe I can get behind almost all the poop punk but reliant k? really? I expected more out of you

It's not my computer dude. It's from the op.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just confirmeing apple music still owns and spotify is a trash fire. long live timb.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i went to try spotify thinking itd be great, and instead it feels more like i'm searching youtube for music, just without the bad amateur videos

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
finally met someone who has an apple watch and unsurprisingly they were eager to show it off

i don't understand how something so big and clunky can also require so much squinting at teeny, blurry text

also the interface was hot garbage, as expected

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
wrist computer is bad idea

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lol @ the people about to get stymie'd

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the guy who delivered my indian food the other day had an apple watch

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
:siren:my wife:siren: loves her Apple Watch. she doesn't give a poo poo about nerd stuff, she just likes being able to walk around and get phone calls and messages as long as she's on the wifi without having her phone on her. also the fitness stuff.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Management posted:

:siren:my wife:siren: loves her Apple Watch. she doesn't give a poo poo about nerd stuff, she just likes being able to walk around and get phone calls and messages as long as she's on the wifi without having her phone on her. also the fitness stuff.

i do kinda want one for the fitness stuff but i figure a 2nd or 3rd gen one will be a lot better in that regard

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lifehack: you can buy the current one now and then sell it when you replace it with the 3rd gen

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lifehack: don't buy an iwatch

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

epic arch linux or something

smythe what Linux do you run on your daily driver? i want to like Linux but it's soooooo bad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
dont use desktop linux it will never be good

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

agreed, os x is bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

smythe what Linux do you run on your daily driver? i want to like Linux but it's soooooo bad

ubuntu gnome and windows 10 epic ftw

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

dont use desktop linux it will never be good

I was informed that 2016 will be the year of linux on the desktop for real this time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

does that even work on ios

it has a perfectly functional app, chromecast support included

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

safari content blocker gonna be so good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is gonna be so great

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
im the kontaku

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

yesssss

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
gently caress ads

my dream is eventually apple rolls out a micropayment system and kills internet advertising forever

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cold on a Cob posted:

gently caress ads

my dream is eventually apple rolls out a micropayment system and kills internet advertising forever

if tv is any indication they'll take your money and then sell more ads anyway

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

computer parts posted:

if tv is any indication they'll take your money and then sell more ads anyway

i only buy tv shows from apple now to avoid ads, it's great

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
except for hbo stuff which i pirate because hbo go still isn't available in canada. take my money you fuckers

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Cold on a Cob posted:

i only buy tv shows from apple now to avoid ads, it's great

I did that too until the last few seasons of archer had ads at the start and end of each episode anyway
gently caress taht

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Beast of Bourbon posted:

so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

it's third party extensions, apple doesn't control what gets blocked or not, whatever extension you're using does

• Locked thread