Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What does the thread think about Mega Steel's Granville? BBTS doesn't show anything else they've made, any word from the, uh, cyber-street?
A little on the chunky side and the arm-cannon is wrong enough to make a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

It's not Duocons, it's Micromaster Combiners. Two robots, one vehicle.

Anyway I got the MP Bumblebee KO and it owns apart from a stress mark on one of the windows (but I can deal), but man the Exo-Suit is poo poo, isn't it?

Not to fan the KO discussion flames, but this is really a toy I'm glad I bought the KO of. The price is just right for a good Bee and a fully throw-away suit-kid-poo poo.

Why not just add a non-transforming wheelchair kid in there, instead of this absolute garbage bot with a human head??

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You said this to be ironic, right? Since you're talking about 'not-Superion', and it's a funny joke?

They still designed and engineered the actual product. They didn't come up with the original idea and characters etc, so there's IP stuff going on, but in terms of engineering they still designed and made a product that he feels they should be paid for and encouraged to do more of in the future by purchasing their thing. There are plenty of people that are in the "Third party is as bad as KO" camp and I can see where they are coming from. I'd love more original efforts like the FP Retrobots, Paladin (or whatever the power core-esque thing was) and Steelcore.

Is the exo-suit being bad a thing? I've got no complaints with mine at all. It's weird, but there's nothing I'd say is awful about it for what it is.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You said this to be ironic, right? Since you're talking about 'not-Superion', and it's a funny joke?

Not for one second. While third parties are clearly capitalizing on existing IP to one degree or another, they still do their own design and technical work in bringing quality products to their customers (granted, that quality can greatly vary by company and product). That puts them on a very different level from a company that's just cloning another company's work and making it big and cheap to turn a quick buck. Even though they're using the popularity and nostalgia behind Transformers as a launching pad for their product, there is still legitimate creative work being done in the creation of Warbotron and TFC Uranos. The people who made that KO are just leeches.

EthanSteele posted:

Is the exo-suit being bad a thing? I've got no complaints with mine at all. It's weird, but there's nothing I'd say is awful about it for what it is.

It does the job, I'd say. As with all the human figures included with MPs, I wish they had more detailed paint work going on, but they're generally just "nice to haves" anyway. I understand people being a bit put out by the exosuit figure, though, as clearly the inclusion of that figure went toward justifying MP Bumblebee's price point. It certainly could have been better.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 21, 2015

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Keldroc posted:

Can we see some robot mode action? I'm this far from switching my preorder from FansToys to Maketoys for the sake of cartoon accuracy.

Reflector looks a little dwarfish in the last photo, I don't know why cause they don't look like that in person. They're heads, or maybe their just their faces, or a bit on the large size which I think contributes to that. The oversized Throttlebots standing behind them are a fair bit taller, and yet their heads are a little smaller than Reflectors'.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I keep reading that those Reflectors transform without partsforming, which is a big plus for me. Does that include the flash?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Knormal posted:

I keep reading that those Reflectors transform without partsforming, which is a big plus for me. Does that include the flash?

No, though the cartoon camera didn't have a flash on it. The lens is integrated into the transformation, which was the big selling point for me, plus the cartoon accuracy in both modes.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

EthanSteele posted:

They still designed and engineered the actual product. They didn't come up with the original idea and characters etc, so there's IP stuff going on, but in terms of engineering they still designed and made a product that he feels they should be paid for and encouraged to do more of in the future by purchasing their thing. There are plenty of people that are in the "Third party is as bad as KO" camp and I can see where they are coming from.

That's not me, I was just being snarky. I loves me some third-party stuff. I'd have more if I could afford it.

On the other hand, I do love me some knockoffs too, like the Oversized Throttlebots or the ballsy Warbotron ones.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

catch22 posted:

No, though the cartoon camera didn't have a flash on it. The lens is integrated into the transformation, which was the big selling point for me, plus the cartoon accuracy in both modes.
Yeah, the lens being integrated is enough for me too, but the flash would have been nice, if not probably impossible to embed. One (slash three) more third-party figures to buy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

A little on the chunky side and the arm-cannon is wrong enough to make a difference.

Aesthetics aside, what about QC?

EthanSteele posted:

It's a hot mess of plastic to bring the total mass in-line with the other MP cars, to justify the price tag. It's not even a Masterpiece Daniel, it's more like a Legends Daniel.

The g2 Bumbles has a hollow jetpack and an extra face (battleface is standard) and it's the same price.

\/\/\/ I will take that under serious consideration. No promises at this time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 21, 2015

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Aesthetics aside, what about QC?
2 Bumbles has a hollow jetpack and an extra face (battleface is standard) and it's the same price.

I'll sell my case of G2 colored MP Bumblebees at my cost, which is USD$38 each, plus shipping fees as calculated from the carriers website
They're real! Buy some!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

For 72 dollars shipped, this guy is a steal. He's a big boy.

edit: he's not the HIGHEST quality, but he's definitely good enough. If the real deal is only like, twice as good plastic quality and such as this and not at least five times as good, I'd be super pissed shelling out as much as that stuff cost. Doesn't the original cost like 350 bucks for the whole set of 5? Madness.

I like his battle-trowel.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What horseshit does Red Bumble come with to justify his price? It's important and I'm asking for a friend. I bet it's a tea set because one time, in an OVA, Bumble-chan got super embarrassed when he missed up the Earther Tea Ceremony... or something.

Maybe after that they will make a Bumblejumper.

Around when are we supposed to be able to get our hands on Victorion/the G2 bros?

EDIT: Wow, I messed that up good. Original post was about Battle Trowels/War Shovels/Entrenching Tools and how problematic it was that Superiman, an obvious Air Force robit-man, was issued a piece of Army/Marine equipment. :iiam:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 21, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Okay who's ready for MP Clif

er, uh, I mean Red Bumble, obviously.

This kinda solidifies that if they do CJ it has to be his own mold, as expected.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Thanks a lot A Good Poster for the figures!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

catch22 posted:

Thanks a lot A Good Poster for the figures!

I was afraid something had gone wrong with the delivery. Canada Post tracking says nothing between the package entering the US on the 14th, and successful delivery today.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

A good poster posted:

I was afraid something had gone wrong with the delivery. Canada Post tracking says nothing between the package entering the US on the 14th, and successful delivery today.

I think 1st class tracking ends at the border?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I hit the states again next week. I'm going to have a suitcase full of plastic coming back, aren't I? Devs, Hot Spot, maybe wave 4, Megs if I can find him.

If you can find a CW Air Raid for me I will pay you the price and pints on top when you get back.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

If you can find a CW Air Raid for me I will pay you the price and pints on top when you get back.

I'll keep an eye out, I managed to get one from Orbital.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

aah, how long ago? Not been in there for a while.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

aah, how long ago? Not been in there for a while.

Maybe about 6-8 weeks ago? It was the only one they had left of Air Raid, along with a couple of Breakdowns and an Off-road who I also bought.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe about 6-8 weeks ago? It was the only one they had left of Air Raid, along with a couple of Breakdowns and an Off-road who I also bought.

I might enquire about Motormaster, Forbidden Planet just pushed mine back another two months to the end of October! I thought I was about to get him! Going to look at alternatives anyway, and I've not checked what it means for the rest of the order.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
looks like MM is casemates with White Optimus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to WizWorld Chicago, saw CW Magnus from $60-$100, Waves 3&4 for $20-$30 and a booth selling Takasa Tony MPs for $75+.
Another booth is a Chicago con staple and has the same bagged TFs for insane prices. $38 for a CHUG Sunstreaker with one arm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are there rules for bootlegs at cons like that? Are they marking them specifically as KO's? Seems super shady to sell them as the real deal otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Are there rules for bootlegs at cons like that? Are they marking them specifically as KO's? Seems super shady to sell them as the real deal otherwise.

There's rules but 99% of Artist's Alley is guys selling prints of copywrited IPs and nobody gives a gently caress.

At the Indy Con I called out a guy selling KOs but marked as "Not KO" and he tried to get us thrown out so I opted to leave it alone this time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I might enquire about Motormaster, Forbidden Planet just pushed mine back another two months to the end of October! I thought I was about to get him! Going to look at alternatives anyway, and I've not checked what it means for the rest of the order.

Added it to the shopping list. :hfive:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Taken from cybertron.ca

quote:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that with the 30% off all transformers at toys r us, it comes to 132.97. If you use code CPLXBDAY10 it brings the price down to 122.97. That's only 2.97 more than costco and this comes with free shipping.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

There's rules but 99% of Artist's Alley is guys selling prints of copywrited IPs and nobody gives a gently caress.

At the Indy Con I called out a guy selling KOs but marked as "Not KO" and he tried to get us thrown out so I opted to leave it alone this time.

I mean I would personally report him to convention management and not confront him directly since all that will happen with that is what happened to you, but to each his own. Though I'd definitely get pissed at a shithead listing knockoffs as specifically not, that's going too far.

And the prints thing, they're drawing their own stuff using those IPs and selling the prints, not selling stuff made by Marvel or DC and they just went to Kinko's, right? I feel like that's a bit different from straight up knockoffs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean I would personally report him to convention management and not confront him directly since all that will happen with that is what happened to you, but to each his own. Though I'd definitely get pissed at a shithead listing knockoffs as specifically not, that's going too far.

And the prints thing, they're drawing their own stuff using those IPs and selling the prints, not selling stuff made by Marvel or DC and they just went to Kinko's, right? I feel like that's a bit different from straight up knockoffs.

Convention favorite Arthur Sudym sells prints of his Marvel Zombies covers at every con he attends. The lesser know guys are selling poo poo that is close to traced, I saw what I thought was Jim Lee work earlier but when we approached it was altered in places.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So when are those Combiner Wars Gift Sets supposed to be out and what is their price point?

I don't see one I don't want so I'm kind of dreading it if they're all in the $100-$150 price range

I'm hoping they're more inline with the Generations G2 Bruticus set which was around 65 to 75 bucks. Not only that but After Menasor and G2 Superion they only have like G2 Defensor and G2 Devastator left in terms of G2 combiners.

I kind of would like the whole set of g2 combiners redone for Generations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Voyager x1 - $25
Deluxes x4 - $18
Legends x1 - $11

$110 minimum.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 22, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Voyager x1 - $25
Deluxes x4 - $18
Legends x1 - $11

$110 minimum.

$10 repaint fee.
$30 nostalgia tax.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

$10 repaint fee.
$30 nostalgia tax.

$15 G2 niche tariff?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't think they'll cost more than Devastator.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Taken from cybertron.ca

"This item is temporarily unavailable to purchase online"

One of the few times I'm relieved to see something sold out.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The Taint Reaper posted:

I kind of would like the whole set of g2 combiners redone for Generations.

It's me, I'm the one guy who's been waiting for this

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tighclops posted:

It's me, I'm the one guy who's been waiting for this
They will probably do it if the first two sell well

I kinda like the idea of a diorama of the G2 Combaticons beating up the FoC G2 Combaticons. Though ... I wonder how CW Bruticus would look with a FoC Blast-Off arm...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The First thing I want to do with Victoreon is to put Jihaxus in front of her and then put them both under a blacklight together.

I think I can break the spectrum of known colors that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

They will probably do it if the first two sell well

I kinda like the idea of a diorama of the G2 Combaticons beating up the FoC G2 Combaticons. Though ... I wonder how CW Bruticus would look with a FoC Blast-Off arm...

Me too, but I have a funny feeling 90's nostalgia won't sell so well since my generation doesn't really have any money